• Published 25th May 2017
  • 914 Views, 1 Comments

Mount & Blade : the New World - BoarHide



The endless war was no more, now only solely queen ruled over the Calradia. The price was costly, but the queen destiny had yet ended where she wandered into the land that harmony can be shone.

  • ...
5
 1
 914

Chapter 1 : Grim Throne

Cold wind blew against a colony of the northern land. The city was thrived with people and merchants who seek for their fortune. They fished, traded and explored land where no man had come before. The colony looked grim, but everyone was fairly well-fed, contracted with the frozen arid around where nothing can live and grow.

The colony was overseen by a castle where a maiden is looking from a balcony. She worn a winter male clothes and a chain mail, fiddled with her short bow. She was knew as 'Ariel' - the name that strikes a heart of all Calradians.

Frozen breeze softly lifted her hair. Ariel was the owner of this colony, as well as the rest of the kingdom of Calradia with her vassals. She touched the bowstrings, looked at the city below aimlessly and thought about a news she has recently got. She had waited, and slowly realized there was no benefit for doing so further.

"Ma'am?" Ariel flinched as one of her companion is talking behind, "May I speak?"

Ariel closed her eyes. "Aye." She said.

"Our scouts got nothing from exploring." the companion said, "What is your command?"

Ariel turned back, looked at her companion. "Ymira," Arial said, "Follow me."

Ymira went after her mistress. They arrived at a meeting room where five Ariel's companions, knights and supervisors had been waiting. The atmosphere of the situation kept everyone silent. Bunduk, an ace knight and Ariel's right-hand man, spoke to his mistress first.

"Sister," Bunduk said. "We're here as your order."

Yrima indicated the men to sit down. They complied, talked quietly.

"Silence." Ariel commanded.

Everyone followed the order. Ymira sweated. Ariel glanced at her men and said,

"I know we just arrived, but I'm afraid the break is over." Ariel said, "Marnid."

"Aye, ma'am." Marnid replied.

"The economy of Calradia has gone plummet lately." Ariel said. "You know the root of the problem?"

"Of course, ma'am." Marnid replied. "Our realm has been known for a long savage war within and become a bandit's heaven and merchant's hell. Merchants outside the realm have avoided to get in our territory to evade Nordic pirates and Khergit raiders. Establishing patrols and cutting down tariffs is the best way to solve the problem in short term, but in long term, a good trading reputation of our nation and a colonization will surely restore this country to its former glory."

"Good," Ariel said. "The patrol regiments have already been established to watch out brigands and our tax has been cut down. But, how far as our trading reputation and colony go?"

Marnid cleared his throat. "Recently, Nordic merchants has successfully created a trade route between this colony and the main Calradia." Marnid said, "This will make this colony grow for awhile, but this monopoly need to be push further to keep a flow of prosperity toward this frozen arid."

Ariel nodded. Marnid said, "If we can not find anything useful more than fish and fur, we might have to go home."

The empress lowered her head, thought carefully about her next move. "So be it, then." Ariel said, "I will lead the exploration myself. Bunduk, Firentis, I will revoke your rank as a commander of colonists and appointed somebody else to take you back in my command. Artimenner, Marnid, Borcha, I revoke your rank in the colony - you all must work with me from now on."

"As your command, sister." Bunduk and Firentis said.

"Your wish is my command, boss." Borcha said.

"As your wish, Captain." Artimenner said.

"Aye, ma'am." Marnid said.

"The meeting is over, dismiss." Ariel said.

Ariel's men bowed, then left. Ariel indicated Ymira and her companions to follow her.


Ariel and her companions put on their armor and got on their Charger battle horse. The empress and her companions worn a winter red coat of plates, gauntlets, Swadian plated boots and winged great helmet. Only Marnid worn a winter red mail with surcoat, gauntlets, mail chausses and spiked helmet. Ariel assigned one of her man to carry her order to appoint officers of the colony, then set off with Swadian knights, her companions and her men. The cavalry were decorated with Ariel's banners and flags - a sign of united Calradia with a black lion on a red cloth. The banners and flags swayed along a cold breeze. The troops was elegant and lordly, however, fairly dreadful. Townsmen avoided looking at their mistress even Ariel tried to greet them.

The troops left the city and headed toward the frozen sea where the exploration will begin. Bunbuk looked at his captain. He wanted to ask her something, but he decided to keep it for himself.


A candle inside a dim room was swayed along breeze from a castle window. A servant brought a plate of fruits and placed it on a wooden table. The servant bowed to lords, then left the room. A lord on a chair picked an apple and sighed.

"I know Ariel is pretty bold." the noble said, "But 'reckless' would be fitted her more."

"But her departure is a good news." another lord said, "The colony will bring us wealth."

"She's already dead man since she has stepped out Calradia." the third lord said, "Or I would say, a dead lady."

"There are many people suited to be Calradia emperor, but unfortunately." the first lord said, "The empress need to stay in her empire to keep it safe, but she has chosen to leave it. To be fair, she's not even a royalty or a Calradian to begin with. A Swadian army just simply put her in the throne and they wouldn't listen to anyone."

"But the army is belonged to her." the second lord said.

"I know." the third lord said, "And there is nothing we can do."

Strong wind blew in the room and put out the candle. The third lord went to pick up the candle. He lit it with a lantern nearby and put it back. Other lords talked quietly about their political and patrician business.

"May heaven safe the queen..." the third lord said.

The third lord chuckled and left. Wind blew in again and put off both lantern and candle. A smoke floated up toward an Ariel's banner above and created a skull on the banner lion.


Starlight had showed Falcon around Canterlot castle. The pupil found out her friend is not good with magic for unknown reason. After the tour was over, She had an order from princess Celestia to bring Falcon to princess Twilight tomorrow. Starlight told this to the forth princess and she promptly agreed to have Falcon visiting her place.

Since their first met, Starlight found Falcon to be a very interesting human. Falcon was smart, elegant and strong, similar to royalty. Starlight had no doubt about Falcon's origin, but her intention was still unknown.

Starlight packed her saddlepacks, prepared for her next trip. The former villain glanced at Falcon. She was reading a book about Unicorn glyph. Starlight knew Twilight will get along with Falcon very well.

Checked her belonging for the last time, Starlight was ready to go back to Ponyville with her new human friend.