• Published 25th May 2017
  • 913 Views, 1 Comments

Mount & Blade : the New World - BoarHide



The endless war was no more, now only solely queen ruled over the Calradia. The price was costly, but the queen destiny had yet ended where she wandered into the land that harmony can be shone.

  • ...
5
 1
 913

Prologue : Sand Hawk

It was a raining day. A train had arrived at the Canterlot station and left every pony on their destination. Slowly, everypony not one of the passengers is unfamiliar. They glared at the strange figure in a ragged hood beside a pale purple pony, Starlight. The pupil knew what ponies are thinking, but did not know how to explain them all there.

"Come on, I can do this." Starlight said to herself, then said to the crowd, "Um, good evening everypony! How it's going? Don't worry about my best friend here. She is absolutely normal! See! Her name is miss... errr."

"Falcon." Starlight's friend said coldly.

"Yes, Falcon!" Starlight said, felt unsure, "I know she doesn't look like a falcon or anything, but we are in the middle of important... thingy and we need to go now. Can you pony make way for us- please?"

Ponies started to crowd around Falcon, but she walked pass and headed toward the exist nevertheless. Her coldness questioned many ponies. Starlight nervously laughed, followed Falcon afterward.

"You should say hello at least." Starlight whispered, put on her umbrella.

"Not now," Falcon said. "We have no time to waste."

"What kind of business do you have to discuss with princesses, Falcon?" Starlight questioned. "I know it might be really important, but I don't understand why it have to be princess Celestia, not Twilight..."

Starlight galloped to keep up with Falcon. Canterlot Ponies on the rainy street and in the sky were staring at the duo, whispered to each other.

"Do you mind me for talking and sticking with you all the time?" Starlight asked.

Falcon chuckled, said, "No."

Starlight tiled her head. Falcon showed no interest in a further conversation and focused on heading toward the castle.

"You should tell me something. Maybe I can help." Starlight suggested.

Falcon answered nothing. Some fillies and colts tried to get closer to Falcon, but later were taken away by their parents. Starlight noticed Falcon is slightly smiled at the young ponies who try to give a reason to the adults.

The duo arrived at a gate. Castle guards greeted and let them in the castle of celestial princesses. The white structure appealed Falcon, which reminded Starlight when her strange friend had been in Manehattan. They walked through a luxury corridor and stopped in front of a door of the throne room where two guards are waiting for their arrival.

"Here is the throne room." Starlight said. "Behave yourself, okay?"

"Aye." Falcon replied.

The guards opened the throne doors. Falcon took off her hood and disarmed herself, put her hood and sword beside the door, but her belongings were later taken by a maid pony who volunteers to keep them. Falcon accepted, then entered the throne room with Starlight.

The court was crowded with elite ponies. Princess Celestia was sitting on the throne with princess Luna beside her. The moon princess was quite bored and sleepy. Everypony was silent as soon as Starlight and Falcon walked in. Everypony glared at the duo who stand in front of the throne. Princess Celestia stood up and greeted Falcon first.

"Greeting, my honor visitor." Celestia said, "My name is Celestia. Here is my sister, Luna" Luna slightly bowed. Celestia continues "Luna and I are a princess of this land, along with princess Cadence and Twilight. We're happy to see you here in Canterlot and hope your journey in Equestria is delightful so far."

Elite ponies in the throne room whispered to each other, but quickly shut it when Falcon said, "It's an honor to see you here in the court too, my princess, but the reason why I'm here is not a mere wandering... I come here to delivering a message."

Celestia noticed Falcon have a scroll with her. Falcon rolled the scroll down and reveal what is inside.

Everyone but Celestia were confused. The scroll turned out to be a ragged burned yellow hawk banner. Falcon thrown it on the floor. Luna got a close look on the banner. Starlight was unsure what Falcon is trying to say.

"I am the last sultana of Sarranid Sultanate." Falcon announced, "My sultanate had fallen and this is my only banner I can save before the fallen of Bariyye."

Elite ponies were fussing. Celestia was quite shocked. Falcon continued, "And this city might be next."

Elite ponies talked louder, felt offenced. Luna frowned. Starlight was confused at the situation around her.

"How did you know?" Celestia asked.

Falcon walked closer to princess Celestia, "The prove is out there in the frozen land - the Calradian Empire..." Falcon said, "The empire is leaded by a ruthless empress, who is responsible to the end of my reign. She has successfully established a colony not too far away from this continent. Sooner or later, the empress will discover this realm and her army will descend upon you..."

Celestia stared at Falcon. She did not budge. Falcon continued, "But the vile empress has yet known the existence of this land, and this is your only change to stop her future scheme. Together with your subjects, you must prepare your forces and drive her out of the frozen land once and for all!"

Elite ponies discussed, talked about the solution. Celestia frowned, thought carefully about the situation. Luna shook here head, nudged her older sister.

"Sister, what should we do!?" Luna said. "This matter is outrage! We must seek the truth in the instant!"

"We shall see it." Celestia said, "If you told the truth, we might still have a change to prevent a conflict." Celestia stared at Falcon, said, "However, Falcon is my honor guest . She will be safe with me."

Falcon nodded. Everypony in the room sudden went silent. Starlight tried to compute what is going on, but failed.

"I would like to end our meeting right here. Everypony, you may leave now." Celestia said.

Elite ponies went out the room. They muttered about everything they heard moment ago. Princess Celestia looked at Falcon closely, noticed her visitor somewhat resembles to Tirek, but with two legs, brown skin, have no horn and much more elegant.

"So," Celestia said, "who is the Calradia empress?"

"My old friend..." Falcon said, " and my enemy."

Princess Celestia closed her eye slowly, considered the claim.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Falcon." Celestia said, "Here under my reign, I promise your safety and harmony." Celestia spread her wings and folded them slowly. She said, "Now, I must beg my leave. Starlight, please help and assist our guest. As she is a royalty as mine, she deserves a well hospitality."

"Yes, my princess" Starlight replied.

Celestia smiled before she left with her sister. Starlight told Falcon to follow her. The duo briefly glanced through windows at castle guards below. They tried to shield journalists out of the castle, which made Starlight felt upset. She insisted Falcon not to look at the scene, but her friend did it otherwise secretly.

They arrived at their room. The same room Starlight used to stay since her visiting last time. The pupil had been worried about the bed, but it had turned out maids already made a bed for her friend. Falcon's belongings were put beside her bed and everything had been prepared for her. Starlight told Falcon to make herself at home, showed the way of each room in the castle. The former sultana slightly smiled before she left the room to the bathroom. Starlight felt relief as the day had ended quite well.

Starlight turned to a dancing Twilight music box. She looked around, before talked to an enchanted music box - shaped like princess Twilight.

"Twilight." Starlight whispered, "Twilight!"

"Oh, hi." the music box replied, "Sorry, is everything okay?"

"Yes, I guess." Starlight whispered.

"What did you mean 'I guess'?" Twilight asked.

"By the way, she have already been here in Canterlot. Again, she's human, right?" Starlight whispered.

"I guess so." the music box said, "Anyway, I'm glad you two made it. So, Starlight, did she say anything this time?"

"A lot, I can't connect all of her word." Starlight said, "I believe she said a mean empress has taken her -well- realm and the same empress might go after the Equestria." Starlight said. "She warned us about a potential war between us and the empire."

"My goodness!" the music box said, "Are you kidding me?"

"No, Twilight, I know all 'evil empress' thingy sound silly, but there is a possibility." Starlight said.

"Of course, it is!" the music box said, "It had been awhile we have Falcon here. It wasn't a big deal until now."

"I know." Starlight said, "Oh, almost forgot - Falcon said she is a... sultana? Twilight, what's sultana?"

"Sultana?" the music box said, "You mean, she's a royalty somewhere near Saddle Arabia? This need a serious research! I need to find a book about this."

"I want to know, too. If you find anything, please let me know." Starlight said.

"Sure thing." the music box said, "Girl, there are so many research needed to be done at the moment. Starlight, keep talking to Falcon, okay?"

"Of course." Starlight said.

"Okay, see you later!" the music box said.

Starlight sighed, jumped to the bed and tried not to think about paperworks that have to be done tomorrow. Starlight wanted to go to sleep, but changed her mind after and headed to the bathroom.

"Starlight!" the music box said.

"Whoa, What?" Starlight said, nearly tripped herself

"The map," Twilight said, "It's showing something!"