• Published 25th May 2017
  • 342 Views, 1 Comments

A glimpse into a Solar Flare - Latso



Can peace return to the lands of equestrian under the rule of one power driven sister?

  • ...
 1
 342

Chapter 1

Tomorrow's the day. The day that Celebrates the One thousand year rule of Solar flare over equestria. For those who don't know, Solar Flare wasn't always this evil. She use to live right along side her sister, and ruled over equestria fairly. One ruled over the sun, having the duty of raising and lowering it when needed. The ponies would frolic through her warmth of day and do their jobs when needed. Then there was the princess of the night. She brought forth the peacefulness and calming feelings of night. The ponies could rest their weary bodies during her times. The princess would travel through the dreams of the ponies, preventing the awful nightmares from continuing in the ponies minds. But, ever since the princess of the night left, it seems that every night is either not full of dreams, or are filled with the fears that haunted them.

No one knows of this ponies existence though. Solar flare made sure to wipe every piece of her from history, burn every book that involved her, or the old ways of equestria. She did her best to keep these things away from the ponies of equestria, thinking they would try and revolt against her, thinking they could get the old land back. And, as for all she knew, this had been going in her favor. There was one ting she did not know about though.

The resistance. Lead by none other than the Princess Twilight Sparkle. Through her sources, she was able to obtain books that were considered forbidden in their lands. She made sure to read them, front to back, multiple times. She knew things that no other pony knew, but she knew very well that Solar flare knew all of this stuff. Twilight knew of her intentions, knew the things that were hidden from equestria for so many years. And she planned to use this against the Ruler. But she wasn't sure how.

Twilight was a brave pony, able to take on tasks that others weren't able to. Though, there are things she couldn't do, and this is where her friends came in. They brought news from all over equestria through the power of rumors, animals, and more. She did what she could though, with the help of others. The princess Cadance provided her quite a few of her books, and raised her from a filly in secrecy. Solar flare knows nothing of the new princess's existence, and she kept it that way.

Twilight was doing as she always did, reading. That's all she seemed to do now a days. Though, it wasn't in a comfortable environment in the least. She lives in ponyvile, but not "In" ponyville. She lives more, under it actually. With the help of her friends, they were able to build a sort of cave system going from the most needed places in ponyville. One tunnel connecting to Rarity's boutique where she would receive rumors from the glitzy pony Rarity. Another lead to SugerCube corner. This tunnel was barely used though. her friend Pinkiepie was Solar Flares Jester, and she was always busy. With Twilights magic, she is able to hide this place from the world, only for her friends to know about.

She flipped through some pages, and more pages. This book, it talked about the disappearance of the Moon princess. It talked about when she had gone, and for how long. "She was banished for one Thousand winters, only to return after her time was dealt." Twilight read aloud. "On this day, the Lunar princess is so said to return and continue her role as the princess of the night and rule along side Celestia as sisters once again." Twilight let out a huff of breath. "Celestia, that name isn't said very often anymore." She closed her book, looking up. "One thousand winters.. If she went back on that day, and was stuck on the moon for One thousand winters, then that means.." Twilight eyes widened. "She's coming back tomorrow! The Day of Solar Flares rule! I have to tell the others!" She stood up as fast as she could and ran to the Boutiques cave entrance.

She slowed down as she got to the entrance. She didn't want to make any noises, in case someone had been with Rarity and buying her clothes. She listened for a moment, but heard no noise, was she not home? She didn't have time to think of these things. She slowly lifted up the cover to the entrance which was hidden under one of her hand crafted carpets. She could see rarity at her sewing machine, working hard on something that looked very extravagant. Using her magic, twilight rang a bell near her desk twice very quickly. This spooked the pony, who turned around almost immediately.

"Hello? Who's there? Darling SweetieBelle, if you're trying to trick me, it's getting old." Rarity said. Twilight rang the bell once more. That's when rarity had gotten the clue. "Oh! Twilight Darling! Quickly, tell me how this dress looks!"

"Shhh!" Twilight spat.

"Oh shush, i know. I just haven't had anyone to tell me how dashing it looks!"

"It looks fine Rarity, now come on."

Rarity turned her machine off, then placed the cloth to her side. "Oh fine, just let me close up." She walked over to the door and turned the "Open" sigh over, now reading "Closed, please do come back later!". She looked outside of the window, and nothing had changed. The town seemed almost like a ghost town, all except for the guards who wandered around making sure that no one was doing anything out of conduct. Rarity found these guards very annoying, they would always come to her boutique, ask her to make the silliest of things, or come in to make fun of her patterns. It gave her the worst of headaches when ever she heard one of those idiot guards making jokes outside. She made her way back over to twilight who opened the hatch for her.

She hopped down and the hatch was shut behind her tightly. Rarity looked around. "Twilight, you should really clean this place up. it's getting very dirty in here. And it's very hard to breath with all of this humidity down here." She played with her hair a bit. "It's going to make my hair all frizzy."

"Well, i live in a dirt tunnel Rarity. I can't exactly live on the surface or else I'll be found out. Do you want me to be turned into Solar flare, or worse? But please, if you have a secret five star hotel underground, then please check me in. I'd love for some nice air conditioning right now."

"Oh, good point. Carry on!' Twilight lead the way, illuminating the way with her magic. Rarity followed closely behind her. "So what has you so worked up?"

Making it to the main room in the tunnels, Twilight opened the book once again. She flipped through the pages until she found what she read not to soon earlier. "Look here! this book says that the moon princess is going to return!"

Rarity skimmed the page and looks up at the Purple pony, her eyes wide. "When?"

"Tomorrow according to this book." She closed the book once again and looked Rarity dead in the eyes, a look of determination in her eyes.

"I've seen this look before, you have a plan now don't you?"

"Yep!" Twilight grinned. "We need to get this Princess to join forces with us! But how.." Twilight than began to walk in circles, as she normally did when she was thinking.

"Hm. I'm almost certain that Solar Flare knows this very well, and she will be looking for the princess as well. How do we get her here safely?" Asked Rarity.

Twilight was silent for a moment, then something hit her. "Rarity. When is Pinkie suppose to return from her duties?"

"Well, i believe today is one of her days that she's able to return back to ponyville for the day, why?"

"Perfect! We need to get Pinkie here! Do you know when-"

"Did i hear someone say my name?" shouted a rather high pitched voice from down one of the tunnels. twilight knew that voice, it was very special. Only a pink party pony would have that voice.

"Pinkie! You're not suppose to come down here on your free time." said twilight. The pink pony made her way down the tunnel, bouncing happily. She was in her Jester outfit. Twilight felt bad for her, she had to deal with Solar Flare's harsh ruling and comments each day. She wondered sometimes how she was able to put up with such cruel ways.

"Don't worry silly willy. I knoooow." She jumped around joyfully. "I just wanted to see my bestest buddy in the whole widests of worlds! Aaaand my pinkie senses went off telling me that something important happened and they needed me." she chuckled as she hopped circles around Twilight.

"Calm down Pinkie darling, you'll run into something if you keep bouncing so freely." Said Rarity.

"I know! I'm being careful. You don't need to worry about me being reckless or anything! Me? Reckless? Hah!" As she finished her sentence, she tripped over her own footing and rolled into a pile of books. The once organized books were now in a heap. "Ooh, um, sorry Twilight. I promise i didn't mean to do that!"

"I know Pinkie." Twilight made her way over to Pinkiepie, helping her back to her feet and re-organizing the books. "It Doesn't matter if they're messed up or not. There's something i want you to look at actually." Twilight used her magic to place the book in front of the pink pony, turning to the same page as before. "Read this pinkie."

Pinkie stuck her nose into the book, reading it at a rather fast speed. She let out a loud gasp and ran over to Twilight, grabbing her by the shoulders and shaking her. "Do you know what this means?"

"Yes pinkie, i do know what it means, and i-"

"Could you explain it to me because i have no idea what it's talking about." Pinkie grinned from ear to ear. Twilight hit herself in the forehead with her hoof, letting out a sigh.

"It's talking about the return of the moon princess." Said Rarity.

"Yes, now Pinkie, You must do something to help us, alright?"

"Okai dokie loki!" She raised her hoof to her forehead, giving Twilight a salute. "What do you need me to do Princess?"

"Please Pinkie, you don't have to call me Princess. It makes me uncomfortable."

"But twilight darling, you are a princess. You should hold you place high and proud!" Rarity said with a smile.

"I know I'm a princess, but one job as a princess is to keep peace among the land of Equestria, and this.. This is the furthest thing from peace." Twilight looked down at the ground, lightly kicking one of her many books. "All I've been doing with my life is hiding, and reading. Besides my friends, my brother and Cadence, no one else knows about me!" She turned her attention to Rarity, giving her a saddened look. "Do you know how useless i feel down here? The one job i was given in life, and i can barely even to that. I'm not fit for my duties as a princess."

Rarity walked over to twilight, placing a hoof on her shoulder. She gave the princess a warm smile. "Now now Twilight. You are doing the best you can right now. Would you rather expose yourself and end up like Cadence? She has no say in the rule of her Kingdom, the only reason she is there is so that Sombra doesn't take over the kingdom once again. Cadance is being used by Solar Flare, do you want to end up in the same situation as her? We need you here Twilight, leading us. No one else could ever fill you place."

"Yeah silly willy! Rarity is right Twilight. I could never see myself doing the things you're doing. i hate reading. Ugh. It's so boring! I hate boring things. I don't see how you can sit down and read for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and-"

"I get it Pinkie, i read a lot. But that still doesn't change anything."

"Twilight darling, that changes everything. These are the lasts books containing things like this. Who else would have figured out that the moon princess was coming back tomorrow?"

"Well, i guess-"

"WAIT. The moon princess is coming back tomorrow?!" Shouted pinkiepie. "What are we doing sitting around and talking then?! We should be preparing a huge welcome party for the princess!" This comment was returned with two very an-amused looks from the ponies in front of her. Pinkie raised an eyebrow. "What? Am i not allowed to throw a party for her?"

"No pinkie, that isn't it. We can throw a huge party for her once she get's here." Twilight wasn't very sure of the idea, but she had to think of some way to convince the pink pony to help them.

Rarity on the other hand was very surprised by what Twilight had said. "A party? Why in in the name of-" Twilight quickly shoved her hoof to rarity's mouth, giving her a look, but turned her attention back to the party pony.

"Though, there's one thing you have to do before we start planning for the party, alright Pinkie?" Pinkie grinned from ear to ear, nodding her head vigorously. "You have to help us get the princess here first."

"Alrighty-tidey! How can I help? Well you know besides planning the whole party, inviting the guests, making the food, finding some decorations, getting the stuff here-"

"Pinkie." Twilight said with a stern voice which had brought Pinkie back to reality.

Pinkie let out an awkward laugh. "Oh, sorry hehe.."

"It's alright. But please pay attention from now on." Pinkie then nodded and sat up straight, her normal grin still present on her face. Twilight removed her hoof from rarity's muzzle. Rarity wasn't very happy about the fact she did that in the first place, but she trusted twilight in her actions. She wouldn't have done that to a friend of hers if she didn't have a good reason, so she didn't try to argue with her. "First, we need to find out any possible places that the princess of the moon would show up first." Using her magic, Twilight brought over the book that originally told of the return of the princess of the night and skimmed through it once again. rarity and pinkie also taking a book or two and skimming through them.

"Nope." Said pinky before she threw the book she was reading over her shoulder. She took yet another book and began reading, but ended in the same results. "Nope." and tossed it over her shoulder and grabbed another one. "Nope." Then another. "Nope." And another. "Nope." And yet another.

Rarity looked up from her book at Pinkie and raised an eyebrow. "Darling, you know that your looking at cooking books right? I have the slightest doubts that you'll find anything about the princess in there."

Over pinkies shoulder went another book. "Oh i know! I'm trying to find a reaaaally good recipe for the princess' cake! Nope." And another book. Rarity let out a sigh and smiled. She's never going to change she thought to herself, but she was thankful that she was as happy as ever, even through these hard times that equestria was going through.

"Here." Proclaimed Twilight. Rarity turned her attention to Twilight. Pinkie on the other hand seemed to be too busy finding a recipe to actually pay attention. "I found something useful."

"Well what is it darling? Tell us." Rarity looked over at Pinkie. It seemed she didn't even hear what Twilight had said. Though it did not surprise her. She was always amazed on how determined pinkie pie could get sometimes. She then turned her attention back to Twilight. "Well, me."

Twilight than began to read aloud. "The Castle of the two Sisters was where these two sisters ruled over equestria. The castle is located deep inside of the Everfree forest, and only those who truly are worthy of the two sisters and needed them most were able to make is past the obstacles in there way and make it through the treacherous forest. Though, once the Princess of the night was banished to the Moon, the castle was nearly destroyed in Solar flares havoc. What lies there now is almost all rubble, but it is said that there are secrets hidden within that castle that no pony could ever find. Others say that only a pony that is worthy enough can find these secrets that are hidden among the castle." Twilight looked up from the book. "We need to get to the castle and figure out what secrets are hidden there."

"But darling, how are we ever going to make it through the Everfree forest? Ponies have gone in there, and never returned. And what about the guards? How are we ever going to be able to make it past them?"

Twilight thought for a moment, reading through the passage once again. "Obstacles.." she said to herself. She looked up at Rarity. "We're going to need help."

Comments ( 1 )

Can you please continue this story I would love to know what happens next?

Login or register to comment