• Published 24th Apr 2018
  • 766 Views, 60 Comments

The Robotic Hero of Canterlot High - TriforceAndroid



Dew Drop, a halfling from Metal City, ends up in Canterlot City and tries to start a new life. But when the Cyber Force and the Anti-Cyborg Group attack, he must defend Canterlot City as Android, the Hero of Courage!

  • ...
25
 60
 766

Chapter 8: Haunting Memories

Author's Note:

Hello, everyone. This chapter is meant to show you guys where Android came from and why he won't kill people. Hopefully this will help you all understand him a little more.

Android managed to transform himself back into Dew Drop. Despite his pep talk with Rainbow, he felt haunted upon watching Cyber Fury get killed. As he slowly walked home, he began to remember the many events that had happened to him.

The Corporation of Robotics in Metal City: Two years ago…

Dew Drop stood on a high rail, watching in awe as scientists worked on many machines. Machines that could help people walk over large gaps. Special rays that could instantly heal any injury. There were even tiny robots that could assist with jobs.

“Man, there are so many machines here!” He said. “It’s so cool how dad is able to manage all of this!” He looked over to a window where an office was set. “Hmm… I wonder if he’s working on anything special!”

Dew Drop arrived at the office and went inside. “Dad?” He called. There was no answer. “Dad? Are you here?” No answer. The only sound he heard was from the television. He glanced over and his face turned from curious to disgusted!

“And in other news, yet another fight has occurred between the Anti-Cyborg Group and a cyborg gang. The cyborgs claim that they only fought out of defense while the ACG claims that they were attacked. Both sides have been put into custody until further notice. With so many fights happening, who knows what kind of awful things might be in store for our city?”

The lad had seen enough. He walked over to the tv and turned it off. “When will people realize that the more they fight, the worse things become?” He muttered. “Yeah, no wonder people keep dying in Metal City. Why can’t cyborgs be treated as normal people? What went wrong?” He sighed as he sat in his dad’s chair. “Man, if only I could help out somehow. But… I’m only human. What can I possibly do?”

“That depends on your performance and willingness to help, doesn’t it?” Said a gruff voice. Dew Drop looked up and smiled as he saw a big man with black hair, a black beard, a black mustache, and blue eyes. This was Dew Drop’s father. A kind man named Bigheart. If anyone were to ask why Dew Drop was so kind, the boy would just point out his father. He loved his father a lot. While his mother was very neglectful and his step-mother was abusive and obsessed with him being perfect (even he felt that she knew it was impossible), Bigheart was more kind and gentle. He understood how much Dew Drop struggled to please people and was willing to spend time with him to cheer him up. “It’s nice knowing that you want people to get along, son.”

Dew Drop chuckled. “Yeah,” he said. “Thanks, Dad.” His smile dropped a little. “But seriously, why do cyborgs and humans hate each other?”

“I don’t know,” said Bigheart sadly. He went over to the boy and patted his head. “But hopefully, we can figure it out someday.” He then smiled. “So, what brings you into my office?”

Dew Drop smiled a little. “Well, you know me,” he said. “I was just hoping to see if you were working on any secret projects.”

Bigheart rolled his eyes and ruffled the boy’s hair. “Well, if I showed you, it wouldn’t be a secret now, would it?” He said. “Maybe I’ll show it to you. But first, why don't you go pick up your sisters? They must be waiting for you.”

Dew Drop looked at the clock and gasped. “Oh, shoot,” he cried. “You’re right! I better get them right now!” He raced towards the door. “Bye, Dad!”

10 minutes later…

Dew Drop ran as fast as his legs could carry him. Dang it, he thought. Why didn’t I check the time? Shiny is gonna kill me! I know I should call her, “Mom.” But it’s kinda hard when she makes things difficult for me!

Suddenly he stopped as he heard crying. He looked around and saw that he was in front of an abandoned store. Tilting his head, he approached the store. The crying got louder and louder as he got closer and closer.

“Hello?” He called out. “Is someone in there?” The crying stopped and was replaced with sniffling. “Who are you? Are you okay?” He asked in a caring tone.

“Wh-who’s there?” Said a soft voice.

Dew Drop arrived at the door and carefully opened it. “My name is Dew Drop,” he said. “I’m supposed to be picking up my sisters from school when I heard you crying.” He went inside and looked around. “Where are you?”
“I’m trapped under this rubble,” said the voice. Dew Drop looked towards a pile of rubble and saw a boy with light blue hair and brown eyes looking up at him. The poor boy looked scared. “Please don’t hurt me.”

“Why on earth would I hurt you?” Asked Dew Drop gently until some light blinded him for a second. He looked carefully and noticed that the boy had a robotic arm. “Oh, that’s why. You’re a cyborg.”

“Yeah,” said the boy. Just then, Dew Drop approached and tried to lift up the rubble. The cyborg looked up at him. “What are you doing?”

“I’m trying to free you,” said Dew Drop. The cyborg was about to protest, but Dew Drop ruffled his hair. “Listen, I know that it’s weird for me to help you. But I hate all the crap that spewed about your kind. Why can’t we all be friends?” He then gave him a smile. “What’s your name, buddy?”

The cyborg raised an eyebrow at him before answering. “Sharpeye,” he answered. “And I’m confused as to why you’re helping me.”

Dew Drop ruffled his hair. “I have no resentment or hatred towards you,” he said. “Now, let’s see if we can get you out of this rubble.” He stood up and looked around carefully until he saw a beam. “Maybe I can use this!” He went over and dragged the beam over to the rubble. He placed an end under the rubble and laid the beam down. Then he found a fairly large rock and placed it under the middle of the beam.

“Okay,” he said. “Let’s see if this works!” He climbed onto the beam and slowly worked his way towards the end. Slowly, the rubble began to lift. “Awesome! Okay, Sharpeye. Start crawling!”

Sharpeye nodded and began to crawl out as the rubble was lifted up. At last, the young cyborg was free. But, just as he tried to stand up, he gasped and fell onto one knee. Dew Drop threw off of the beam, causing the piece of rubble to crash, making an echo!

He paid no attention to what had happened with the rubble and rushed over to Sharpeye. “Dude, what’s the matter?” He asked. “What happened?”

Sharpeye clutched his ankle. “It’s my ankle,” he said. “I think that piece of rubble crushed my foot.”

Dew Drop wasted no time! He grabbed the young cyborg and helped him up. “Come on,” he said. “Let’s get you out of here.” With that, the two began to head back for the door.

Suddenly, there was a loud explosion from outside! They both jumped and looked around. Then they heard voices.

“You think that freaky metal-armed boy is still in there?”

“I hope he is! I can’t believe he has a cannon built into that arm!”

“No kidding. I can’t believe that cyborgs were given special privileges to use weapons built into them as self-defense thirty years ago!”

“Yeah. Dr. Silver certainly had no idea of the fact that some cyborgs just let the privilege go to their heads! And look at them now! So many are using them as a means to establish power over us humans!”

“Well, thank goodness the ACG will put a stop to that!”

“Enough chat! Let’s destroy this place before the kid’s parents try to look for him!”

More explosions occurred, shaking the building! Rubble and debris began to fall! Dew Drop gasped. “Come on! Let’s get out of here, now!” With that, the human and the cyborg ran as fast as they could!

They got closer and closer to the door, rubble and debris crashing all around them. Dew Drop kept looking up, trying to make sure that they wouldn’t get crushed in the process. Suddenly, the color in his face disappeared as he saw a huge piece of rubble falling right towards them! Thinking quickly, he grabbed Sharpeye and threw him towards the door.

Suddenly, the piece of rubble landed right on top of his right arm, pinning him down. He tried to free his arm, but it was no use. Suddenly, he heard Sharpeye calling out to him.

“Dew Drop! Are you okay?”

“I’m okay,” said Dew Drop. “But my right arm is pinned!” More debris and rubble landed on top of the piece that had pinned his arm down. He yelled in pain. “Sharpeye, go! Get some help! Now!”
“Okay,” said Sharpeye. “Hang on!” The next thing he heard was the sound of footsteps receding. Dew Drop looked around as more debris fell around him. He was terrified and alone!

Suddenly, he felt something hit him in the back of the back. His head hit the ground and he blacked out.

*****

Beep… beep… beep… beep…

A heart monitor. That’s the next thing that Dew Drop heard. He slowly opened his eyes and saw nothing but blurriness. He blinked a few times and his vision cleared. As soon as his vision was cleared, he noticed that he was in a hospital room. He looked to his right and saw a bunch of “Get well soon” cards.

He reached out to…? Wait a minute! His right arm! He couldn’t see his right arm! Where was it? He glanced down and felt his heart sink! His right arm was… gone! There were bandages wrapped at the end of the stump that was once his right arm, halfway through the upper section. He laid his head back onto the pillow of the hospital bed and stared at the ceiling.

What happened? He thought. Oh, right! Now I remember. I managed to throw Sharpeye out of the building when it was falling apart. I hope he’s…

He was interrupted by the sound of a door opening. He saw his dad come in with his two sisters, Snowy Love and Pink Glow. The two sisters ran over to him and hugged him tightly while crying their eyes out. Dew Drop looked up at his dad, who had a sad smile on his face.

“We heard about how you saved someone from an abandoned building,” he said. “That was a very brave thing for you to do, son. However…”

“DEW DROP!?” Yelled a voice. Dew Drop shivered in fear as his sisters got in front of him protectively. He knew that voice anywhere. Before he could say anything, the door flung open and revealed a lovely woman with brown hair, red eyes, and a very angry expression. As soon as she saw Dew Drop, she grinded her teeth and stomped over to him.

“Um… h-h-h-hi, mom,” said Dew Drop nervously. “In case you’re wondering, I’m okay. You see, I…”

“SHUT UP,” yelled the woman. “You left your sisters hanging at the school for three hours! I don’t care if you were trying to save one of those filthy cyborgs from getting crushed! Your family should always come first!!!” She made it to him and raised a hand to slap him.

Dew Drop shut his eyes, ready for impact. But it never came. He opened his eyes and saw that Snowy Love and Pink Glow had grabbed the woman’s arm before she could slap him.

“That’s enough, mom,” said Snowy as her icy blue eyes glared at the woman. “Dew Drop just lost his arm while saving an innocent cyborg from getting killed and you’re yelling at him for a minor flaw in your schedule!”

“Yeah,” said Pink as her red eyes looked like fire. “How about you show some concern for something other than your stupid schedule!”

The woman was about to explode only for Bigheart to place a hand on her shoulder. “Shiny, dearest,” he said. “Why don’t you wait outside for us? You can see Dew Drop later.”

Shiny just sighed. “Fine,” she said. “However, I’m gonna give that young man an earful when he comes home!” With that, she stomped out of the room!

Dew Drop let out a sigh as soon as she was gone. “Thanks, guys,” he said. “I love her, but she really scares me to end.” He looked down sadly. “Dad, why can’t Shiny Wave show at least a little concern for others?”

Bigheart sighed sadly. “I guess it’s because she believes that she’s perfect and is led to think that everyone needs to be exactly like her,” he said.”I wish you would call her ‘mom’ when she’s not around.”

Dew Drop looked up. “It’s hard to call her that when she doesn’t act like a mom,” he retorted.

Snowy patted him on the head as her brown ponytail came over her shoulder. “Don’t let her get to you, bro,” she said. Her icy blue eyes softened a little as she gave him a smile. “She’s just too prideful to admit when she’s wrong.”

“Yeah, man,” said Pink as her red eyes glowed with cheerfulness, making her blonde hair look like it was glowing like the sun. “I think you did the right thing. You saved a cyborg from dying.”

Dew Drop smiled at his two sisters. “Thanks, you two,” he said. He looked at Bigheart. “So… what will happen now?”

Bigheart smiled a little. “Well, son,” he replied. “I plan on doing something very big for you. I believe that you could be living proof that humans and cyborgs can coexist peacefully.”

“What do you mean by that?” Dew Drop asked.

“You’ll see,” Bigheart replied. "For now, get some rest. You'll be out of here soon."

Dew Drop nodded and laid back onto the bed. He watched as his family left. He glanced up at the ceiling and sighed. I hope that Sharpeye is okay.

Two weeks later…

"Son, stop looking at your arm like that," said Bigheart. "You've done everything with your right arm up to this point. Surely you'd want to use it again."

Dew Drop glanced at his new arm for the tenth time in a row. "I know, dad," he said. "It's just really difficult to adapt to something that has bent so many spoons and broken so many pencils."

Dew Drop now had a robotic arm. Unfortunately, he struggled to adapt to it. It was so difficult since he couldn't hold a pencil or spoon without breaking it. So… I'm a cyborg now. Maybe I can easily reach out to other cyborgs this way. He sighed sadly. I don’t think I can say the same for my human friends. They don’t even know that I’m a cyborg yet.

Shiny Wave just rolled her eyes and scoffed. “You better get used to that new arm of yours,” she said. “I can’t wait for your father to make a cloaking device so I don’t have to see that disgusting thing!”

“Honey, please,” said Bigheart. “Dew Drop is very sensitive about that thing. You know how much he hates seeing cyborgs and humans constantly fight.”

“Maybe it would be easier for me if I was unaware of the fact that our son is now a cyborg,” said Shiny Wave.

Dew Drop started to grind his teeth. He absolutely hated it whenever his own mother made him feel like garbage. He hated it even more when she would get onto him for not being perfect.

Snowy Love glared at Shiny Wave. “Mom, you need to stop,” she said. “Big bro is still traumatized over the fact that someone tried to commit murder against a cyborg.”

“He shouldn’t have wasted his time on him,” she said. “All cyborgs ever do is abuse the skills that they end up with for personal gain! What’s to stop Dew Drop from doing the same?”

Finally, Dew Drop snapped. “WHAT?!” He shouted, making everyone jump. “SHINY WAVE, YOU’VE GOT A LOT NERVE TO SAY THAT ABOUT ME!”

Shiny Wave recovered from the outburst as she glared at him. “Don’t you dare raise your voice at me! You have no right to-”

“HOW DARE YOU COMPARE TO OTHER CYBORGS!!!” Dew Drop shouted, getting very close to her face and forcing her against the wall. “DO YOU THINK THAT I WANTED TO BE A CYBORG?! FOR AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER, YOU ALWAYS EXPECTED ME TO BE PERFECT!!! WELL, NEWS FLASH FOR YOU: PERFECTION IS IMPOSSIBLE!!! NO MATTER WHAT I DO, I WILL NEVER BE PERFECT!!! I WILL NEVER LIVE UP TO YOUR STANDARDS!! EITHER ACCEPT IT OR LEAVE ME ALONE!!!”

Shiny Wave stared at the young cyborg in shock. Then, her face slowly twisted into anger. “You dare talk to your own mother that way?” She said, “Kids need to respect their parents and…”

“Parents should never provoke their own children to wrath,” Dew Drop interrupted her. “Stop expecting me to be perfect and accept that I will always be flawed. Further, stop being so judgemental towards cyborgs. Sharpeye was very scared!”

The young lad took a few deep breaths. “I need to take a walk,” he said. Before anyone could stop him, he stomped towards the front door and stepped outside, slamming the door in the process.

*****

One month later…

Dew Drop walked into the C.O.R. building. Employees were cleaning up. As soon as they saw him, they gave him friendly smiles and waved at him. The boy felt a little better from the cheerful greeting he received. For the past month, his supposed friends found out that he was a cyborg and turned their backs on him. Luckily, Sharpeye was there for him along with two other cyborgs who helped him out. Sharpeye, Steel, Kunai… I’m so lucky to have those three as friends.

Meanwhile, The meltdown he had towards his mother was still fresh on his mind. Maybe I was a little too harsh to her, he thought. Even though she rubs me the wrong way, I still love her.

He looked up to where his dad’s office was and decided to take a look around. Dad has been very busy with something. But what? What is he working on that is so important that he barely spends time with us? I’m gonna find out.

He carefully made his way to the office, making sure that the employees didn’t see him. He went inside and saw a corkboard with a lot of papers in it. To his shock, there were pictures of him whenever he practiced swordplay with his teacher. There were also blueprints for some kind of armor and a strange-looking sword. At the top of the corkboard were three words: “The Android Project.”

“What in the world is this?” He said quietly. He approached the board. “Dad, what are you working on? What does this have to do with me?”

He glanced at the desk and noticed that there was a laptop opened up and running. Curiously, he approached it and saw video files. He clicked on the one that said, “Entry 1.” The video came up and he saw his father looking guilty.

“Entry number 1,” said Bigheart. “It’s been three days since Dew Drop received his new arm. Yet, I can tell that he feels scared of using it. I want him to feel as if he can do some good as a cyborg. But how? What can my own son do to make him feel as if he is important in this world?”

The video ended and Dew Drop clicked on the second video. Once more, Bigheart appeared on the screen. “Entry number 2. I’ve got it! I know what to do for him! Ever since he was six years old, Dew Drop always dreamed of being a hero. With the Cyber Force and the ACG constantly at each other’s throats and the police not doing anything about it, it’s only a matter of time before our own home falls. What if Dew Drop became a hero who could fight both groups in the name of peace? I know exactly what his hero name should be. I will call him “Android.” It’s time for the “Android Project” to begin!”

Dew Drop was amazed. “Me? A hero?” He said. “But… how?” With curiosity filling his head, he clicked on the next two videos. One at a time. The third video revealed some strange green armor that looked to be his size. The fourth was about a beam sword that couldn’t harm organic material. He was impressed by the status.

Now it was time to see the fifth video. “Entry number 5. The status of the armor and sword is very impressive. However, we need to speed things up. The fighting between the Cyber Force and the ACG is getting worse. I just hope that Dew Drop can defeat these enemies and save everyone! Metal City needs him, whether or not the people can understand!”

Dew Drop looked at his right arm and clenched his fist. “Well, Dad,” he said. “If saving Metal City is so important, then I’ll do it. I promise to defeat those two groups, no matter what it takes!”

“I’m glad you feel that way,” said Bigheart who was standing at the door. Dew Drop jumped in surprise as he saw his dad looking at him. “I see you found out about my secret project. Once the “Android Project” is complete, you’ll be able to fight the Cyber and the ACG.”

Dew Drop smiled. “I hope so,” he said. “So, in the meantime, how can I help right now?”

*****

“Oof!” Dew Drop grunted as he crashed into the wall of a testing room once again. “Dang it! I thought I had it that time!”

“That was better,” said Bigheart as he came into the room and patted the boy on the head. “At least we know how tough your armor is.”

The father and son were in a testing room with fighter bots standing by. Dew Drop was now in some green armor. It included a helmet with antennae on the sides and digital eyes on the lens, a brown leather belt around the waist, and a big red letter “A” with a sword going through it. He glanced at his father, his digital eyes narrowing to form a horizontal line.

“Quick question,” he said. “Why did you include digital eyes on my helmet? Wouldn’t that scare people?”

“Well, I actually thought it’d be cool,” said Bigheart with a sheepish grin. “Thought it would make you look a little more expressive.”

Dew Drop rolled his eyes. “Dad, you’ve been watching anime again, haven’t you?”

“Maybe a little too much,” said Bigheart.

Dew Drop smiled and hugged him. “It’s all good,” he said. “I guess the eyes make me look a little cooler.”

“Anyway, back to training,” said Bigheart. “We’ve gotta get you ready for any upcoming battles!”

Dew Drop sighed. “I know, I know. It’s just that… having to dodge and reflect lasers while moving around is really hard. This armor is pretty heavy!”

“Yes, but remember: People need you. I know that you’ll be ready soon. You’ve got the sword skills down. It’s just your dodging that needs improvement. So, let’s keep going.”

Dew Drop nodded with a determined smile and took a stance as the training bots started up once more.

One month later…

Dew Drop stood on the top of a building in his new armor as Metal City’s new guardian. He was now Android, the Cyborg of Courage. He looked in the distance and saw what appeared to be an explosion. With a brave look on his face, he climbed onto his motorcycle and drove to where the explosion took place.

As soon as he arrived, he saw Cyber Droids and ACG soldiers firing at each other. He took a deep breath and held onto his beam sword. Focusing his energy into the blade, he swung it towards the middle. A large wave of energy flew from his sword and sliced between the two fighting groups, making them stop. He stood up and saw that they were looking around in confusion.

“What was that?”
“Trying to locate the source… Source not found…”

“Whatever it was, it interrupted our fight!”

Android finally stepped down, revealing himself. The humans and the Cyber Droids stared at him as he approached. “ACG… Cyber Force,” he said. “Good evening. Sorry to interrupt your battle, but it was getting out of hand anyway. I must ask you to stop this nonsense.”

“Why should we listen to you?” Asked one of the humans. “Who the heck are you?”

A Cyber Droid approached him. “Scanning newcomer… Processing… unable to identify.”

Android pushed the Cyber Droid aside. “I am Android, the Cyborg of Courage,” he said. “I have come to end this war between the Cyber Force and the ACG. If this fighting keeps up, Metal City will be destroyed!”

“We don’t need a cyborg to tell us what to do,” snapped another human as he pointed a gun at him. “Stay out of this!” He pulled the trigger, firing at Android.

The young cyborg pulled out his sword and blocked the blast. Then he swung his sword down, slicing the gun. The humans gasped in shock. The Cyber Droids opened fire on them. Android jumped in front of the humans and reflected the blasts, destroying most of the droids. He then lunged at one of them, grabbed its head, and drove a flash drive into it. A few minutes later, he pulled the drive out and the robot fell to the ground.

He turned to the ACG soldiers, putting the drive away. “Does anyone else want to fire at me? No? Good. Now, who are you people working for?”

“We’re not gonna tell you anything,” said another soldier. He was pulling out his gun when one soldier stopped him.

“Do you really want to stop this fighting?” Asked the other soldier. When Android nodded, he smiled. “Well, I for one want this to stop as well. Most of my family has died due to this fighting. Our leader is Dr. Ironside!”

“Dr. Ironside, huh?” Asked Android. “Where may I find him?”

“Nobody knows! He never reveals his whereabouts to anyone.”

“I see.” Android patted him on the head. “Thanks, friend. You’ve done Metal City a huge favor.” He got back onto his motorcycle and drove away, leaving most of the ACG soldiers dumbfounded!

*****

“Dr. Ironside?” Asked Bigheart with disbelief. “But that’s impossible! He’s been working with COR for years.”

“Then he must be very good at hiding his true intentions,” said Android as he put the flash drive into his laptop. “That’s what the ACG soldier told me.”

Android was now in Bigheart’s office, going over the info he had received. A file came up on the laptop and the cyborg clicked on it. “Here we go! Now I’ll be able to see the droid’s memories!” He began to type away, hoping that he would see who the Cyber Force’s leader was. Soon, he found something that said, “Cyber Lord.” Curiously, he clicked on it. An image appeared and the young cyborg felt his heart stop beating for a moment as he was struck with fear.

It was a huge cyborg with a giant sword, spiky black armor, and red eyes under a crown on his head. His smile was filled with evil intentions. Who the heck is this?!

“So… this must be Cyber Lord,” said Bigheart as he came behind Android.

“Cyber Lord?” Asked Android as he managed to calm down a little.

“Yes,” answered Bigheart. “The Cyborg of Evil. The leader of the Cyber Force. I don’t know much, but I do know this: Every human or cyborg who goes to him never comes back alive or the same.”

Android looked at his dad with concern. “What does that mean, exactly?”

“I believe that he has the power to turn humans into cyborgs as well as corrupt cyborgs,” Bigheart said. “Where else would the Cyber Force get so many cyborgs?”

Android looked angry. “So he’s just using people for his own purposes? I can’t let that slide!” He stood up and marched towards the door. “I wanna know how many people he’s destroyed! How many families he’s broken!”

Before Bigheart could stop him, Android ran out. Bigheart could only sigh. “Oh, son,” he muttered. “Don’t let anger and hate cloud your judgment.”

*****

Android stood outside the entrance of Cyber Tech, Inc. It was a very large gate that prevented anyone from looking inside. Looks like Cyber Tech doesn’t want anyone snooping around, he thought. Well, too bad. The Cyber Force came from them, originally with the intent on being a peace group. But something has happened to them. And I’m gonna find out what went wrong!

He jumped up and landed on top of the tall wall that was connected to the gate. Looking down, he spotted several Cyber Droids patrolling the area. He carefully leapt down and looked for a way inside. He noticed trucks were being unloaded into the building. So, he made his way to the trucks and hid inside of the boxes. Soon, he felt the box being moved into the building. As soon as the moving stopped, he carefully looked out and saw that he was inside the building.

A few moments later, he carefully made his way through the building. Suddenly, he saw a black glow. Cautiously, he approached it and saw a big black core. What the heck is that? Wait! Is that the fabled “Black Core?” Why is it here?

Suddenly, he heard footsteps! He hid himself as quickly as he could. Soon, he saw the large form of Cyber Lord in front of the Black Core. “We’ve made so much progress,” said the large cyborg. “All thanks to this! What do you think of it, Cyber Seductress?”

A pink cyborg came next to him. Her symbol was a heart with a spiral inside of it. “I think it’s wonderful,” she said in a sultry tone. “With this, I’ve been able to get so many cute boys under my thrall. Mm! Just seeing them with lust-filled eyes makes me so happy! No more boys hating me. No more being walked on! Just boys worshiping me!”

“Ugh! Seriously?” Said a new voice. This time, there was a cyborg that bore resemblance to a lamia. “Boys are the only thing you ever think about, Cyber Seductress!”

Cyber Seductress laughed. “Of course I think about boys, Cyber Serpent,” she said. “You only use your power to make people fight over something out of envy. Envious little serpent.”

Cyber Serpent growled. “I told you not to call me that,” she hissed.

“Darling, darling,” said another voice, this one belonging to male cyborg with a star symbol. “We’ve been able to use this core to corrupt many people. Cyborgs and humans alike. Of course, I’m the best one when it comes to using this!”

Cyber Lord turned to them. “Ladies, gentlemen, we can do so much more with this,” he said. “I need seven cyborgs to form a special team. The Deadly Cyborgs. Remember, I chose you as a result of the sin you represent the most.” He smiled evilly. “This Black Core will get stronger and stronger. The more humans and cyborgs fight, the stronger it gets. This will soon make the Cyber Force unstoppable!”

Cyber Seductress shivered lustfully. “Mm! Think of the boys I can hypnotize with my powers,” she said while licking her lips. “Boys at my feet, worshiping me like a goddess!”

Cyber Serpent smirked a little. “With my green eyes, I’ll be able to lure people into fighting over some petty little thing that makes them jealous,” she said. “Then, with my strong coils, I’ll crush them!”

Cyber Lord patted them on the heads. “Now then, let’s find more members! All we need are cyborgs to represent greed, wrath, sloth, and gluttony!”

“Say no more, darling,” said the star cyborg. “I, Cyber Star, will bring in the rest of the members!”

With that, they all left. Android came out of his hiding place, processing everything he just heard. So that’s what the Black Core does. I better destroy it! He drew out his sword and stabbed it… only to be thrown several feet away. Groaning, he got up. What was that?! What happened?

“Well, well, well,” said a voice. Android turned around and saw another cyborg. This one looked like… a knight? “Someone dares to intrude into our hideout!” He drew his sword. “You must’ve seen too much! Now, fall before Cyber Knight!”

Android put on a brave face and drew his sword as well. “Not a chance, you medieval knockoff!” He took a fighting stance. “I won’t let the Cyber Force and the ACG fight anymore!”

Cyber Knight looked impressed. “I see,” he said. “So, you’re a peacekeeper. State your name!”

“It’s Android, the Cyborg of Courage!”

“Well then, Android. Show me your skills! Show me your resolve!”

With that, the two cyborgs charged at each other! Their swords clashed against each other, making white and black flashes appear! More cyborgs poured into the room. Cyber Lord showed up and looked down at the fight happening. He grinned evilly.

“Hmm,” he said. “It looks like we have a visitor.”

“Shall I crush him, my lord?” Cyber Serpent asked.

“No,” Cyber Lord replied. “Let’s see how well Cyber Knight does against him.”

As the two cyborgs kept fighting, Android found himself on defense. Dang it! He’s very skilled! I better think this through carefully! If I lose here, peace will never be restored!

He leapt back and glared at his opponent. He took a few breaths and readied himself as Cyber Knight charged at him. He quickly blocked the attack and leapt over him, slamming his sword onto the helmet! Cyber Knight staggered as Android landed behind him. Android kicked the evil cyborg away. Then he heard clapping. He looked up and saw Cyber Lord approaching him.

“Impressive,” said the Cyborg of Evil. “I thought you were just some ordinary kid, but you’ve proven me wrong. You managed to defeat one of my soldiers. Consider me impressed!”

Android scowled and took a fighting stance, his blade raised up. “Flattery doesn’t work on me,” he said. “You’re the leader of the Cyber Force, right? You’re Cyber Lord!”

“Well, well, well,” said Cyber Seductress as she strutted next to the Cyborg of Evil. “This one is not only cute, but also very smart!” She licked her lips and held her whip. “Oh, the fun I could have with him!”

“Ugh, don’t start with your little fantasies again,” said Cyber Serpent as she slithered on the other side. “Whoever this kid is, I’d like to crush him!”

Android glared at the cyborgs approaching him. “What are you planning to do with me?” He said. “Whatever it is, I won’t let it happen.”

Cyber Lord chuckled. “Aren't you afraid, little cyborg?” He asked. “No one has ever beaten the Cyber Force. So why are you eager to fight us?”

“Because this bloodshed between humans and cyborgs needs to stop,” said Android. “I may be the only to fight for peace. But I won’t stop until I’ve defeated both the ACG and the Cyber Force!”

“My lord,” said Cyber Knight as he approached. “I demand a rematch with this boy! He’s a worthy opponent!”

Cyber Lord nodded. “I see. Well then, take him to the center of Metal City. Give the people a show!” He snapped his fingers and the two cyborgs were teleported to the center of Metal City!

Android looked around in shock. “What?” He exclaimed. “How did he-?”

“My lord has many talents,” said Cyber Knight as he glowed with black energy. “For example, he can give his fellow cyborgs a boost in power! Like so!” He groaned as he glowed even more. “So… much… power!!!!”

Android felt alarmed at the sight before him. Then he scowled. “Even if your evil lord powers you up, I won’t let you win,” he said before charging at him! He slammed his sword against the chest armor piece… only to be thrown back into a building! Grunting, he got back up and saw Cyber Knight approaching him.

“So brave, but so foolish,” said Cyber Knight. “I admire your courage to stand up to the Cyber Force. However, to fight us alone is suicide! As long as we have the power of the Black Core, we’ll be unstoppable!”

“Then I’ll shatter that power source of yours!” Android exclaimed. He leapt to the side as a blast of black energy was sent flying towards him. He saw the amount of destruction that the blast had left behind and felt afraid. Suddenly, he felt his face being punched by a hard metal fist. He flew back and crashed into the first floor of another building.

Shoot, he thought. He’s even stronger than ever before! What am I supposed to do?!

“Android, this is Bigheart,” said a voice from within his helmet. Android gasped. “Don’t say anything, son. Listen to me. Just as the Cyber Force is powered by the Black Core, you are powered by something special as well. I’ve given your armor a chunk of the White Core, the positive power source that we use for our machines. If you concentrate, you can use the power of the White Core to overwhelm the Black Core’s corruptive power!”

Android glanced at his chest as he got back up. He closed his eyes and began to focus. Soon, his armor began to glow brightly as a white aura surrounded him. He lifted his sword up and opened his eyes as he saw Cyber Knight charging at him. Just as the evil cyborg brought his sword down, Android blocked the attack and kicked him away.

“What?” Cyber Knight cried as he was pushed back. “How?” He saw Android glowing and nodded. “Oh, I see. You’re powered by the White Core. In that case, I’ll step my game up and finish you with a single blow!”

The two cyborgs charged at each and clashed their blades. Black and white energy filled the air as the blades clashed against each other. Android was desperately trying to find some way to end the evil cyborg. Then he noticed the black energy coming from the chest.

I better hit that spot right now! He kicked his opponent and stabbed him in the chest. Cyber Knight stopped moving. As he looked up, he saw the armor fall off and revealed the face of a teenager. The teenager looked shocked.

“Why?” He asked quietly. “I didn’t want to fight you. I was forced to do so. Is this the answer? Are you going to kill every single cyborg of the Cyber Force?” He coughed up blood. “Murderer.” With that, the boy that was once Cyber Knight died.

Android took a few steps back as he saw the dead body. He began to shake as he realized that he had killed someone. He looked down and saw blood on his hands. Shakily, he ran away as fast as his legs could carry him.

Back to the present…

Dew Drop arrived at his new home and closed his eyes. I can’t bring myself to take a life ever again. I just can’t! He scowled as he walked towards the front door. I’ll show that wolf dude! He can be a cold-blooded murderer, but I won’t be!!!