• Published 24th Apr 2018
  • 756 Views, 60 Comments

The Robotic Hero of Canterlot High - TriforceAndroid



Dew Drop, a halfling from Metal City, ends up in Canterlot City and tries to start a new life. But when the Cyber Force and the Anti-Cyborg Group attack, he must defend Canterlot City as Android, the Hero of Courage!

  • ...
25
 60
 756

Chapter 1: A New Face in School

Author's Note:

Hello, everyone! Welcome to the rewrite of this story!

So, here are some changes that you are about to see:
1. Andrew's name is changed to "Dew Drop." This is a nickname given to me by a friend.
2. Dew Drop is not a cyborg. He is a being known as a "halfling," a person who is not exactly a human or a cyborg.
3. Metal City exists in this universe. So, everyone knows about Android and assumes that he's dead.
4. Dew Drop was not a bully.

More changes will probably be made. Without further ado, please enjoy!

It was quite a busy day at Canterlot High School. The halls were flooded with students happily chatting with each other. Like everyday at the school, the environment was positive and cheerful. The students were so busy with their casual conversations that no one noticed a new figure had entered the school. To be fair, it was so easy to overlook the newcomer since he didn’t have a unique appearance.

He had dark brown hair and dark green eyes. His outfit consisted of a light green hoodie, some slightly torn jeans, a pair of old red shoes, and some slightly cracked glasses. While everyone else looked cheerful, he appeared to be somewhat unsure of how to feel. He looked around the school and saw everyone having a good time. After a few minutes, he took a deep breath and started walking.

Okay, Dew Drop, this is it, he thought. This is the start of a new life for you. You may have failed to protect your family, your friends, and even your home. But now you have the chance to keep your promise to your dad. Defeat the Cyber Force, stop the Anti-Cyborg Group, and restore peace between humans and cyborgs. Remember, you’re the last halfling of Metal City. Don’t let everyone down.

As he continued to walk, he started to look around for the principal’s office. He had heard many good things about Canterlot High and decided to give it a shot. He began to wonder if anyone would want to be friends with him despite having a robotic arm. He sighed as he recalled the many instances in which humans and cyborgs looked down at him for not being wholly cyborg or human. He scoffed at the fact that to both sides, anyone who was neither a human nor a cyborg was an abomination.

Ugh! Who came up with that stupid logic? He thought angrily. I swear to land, Metal City was filled with so many idiots! If I meet one more person who calls a halfling an abomination, I’m gonna…

*THUD*

*CRASH*

“OOF!”

He was so caught up in his thoughts that he never saw that he was heading straight towards someone. As a result, he and the person crashed into each other and fell to the floor. He looked up and saw that the person he had crashed into was a boy around his age. He had blue spiky hair, blue eyes, and peach skin. He wore a black leather jacket with a shield symbol under a lightning bolt on the sleeves, a pair of light blue pants, and a pair of black shoes with lightning symbols. Another noticeable feature was a red electric guitar on his back.

“Oh, shoot,” said the first fellow. “Sorry, dude! I was so deep in thought that I didn’t see you. Are you okay?”

“I’m fine,” said the blue-haired boy. “Huh. I’ve never seen you around before. Are you new here?”

The newcomer nodded while getting up and helping the blue-haired boy up. “Yeah,” he answered. “I arrived at the school not too long ago. My name is Dew Drop. And you are?”

“Flash,” answered the blue-haired boy. “Flash Sentry. It’s nice to meet you!”

“It’s nice to meet you too, Flash,” said Dew Drop with a friendly smile. “Judging by the guitar on your back, I guess I should assume that you’re in a band. Am I right?”

“Yup,” answered Flash. “So, where are you headed?”

“I’m trying to find the principal’s office,” Dew Drop replied. “Can you show me where that is, please?”

“Sure,” said Flash. “Follow me!”

Dew Drop nodded and started to follow Flash. He took a quick glance at his right arm and felt nervous. Best to keep this arm of mine a secret from everyone, he thought. I don’t know how everyone will react to it.

“So, while we’re walking to the office, how about you tell me about yourself,” said Flash. “It’d be better than walking in silence.”

“Yeah, that’s true,” said Dew Drop. “Well, I guess I can start with the fact that I’m 15 years old. Um… I like anime, manga, superheroes, Jurassic Park, and a bunch of other things.”

“So, you’re sort of a geek, huh?” Asked Flash.

“Yeah, pretty much,” Dew Drop admitted. “I also get very passionate about certain franchises to the point where I will defend them. For example, when someone trash talks Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, I get mad and jump in to defend it.”

“Wow,” said Flash. “Maybe you can help me understand the movie better.”

“Yeah, if you want me to,” said Dew Drop.

“Oh, here we are,” said Flash as he stopped walking. “This is the principal’s office. So, you just need to get your schedule, right?”

“Well, I think I may need to register to attend,” Dew Drop replied. “It’s been a while since I last attended a school.”

“Why is that?” Asked Flash.

“Let’s just say that… people weren’t very fond of me back at home for a few years,” Dew Drop answered, not ready to go into details of why he was treated so harshly.

“I see,” said Flash. “Well, if you ever want to go into details, I’m willing to listen.”

Dew Drop smiled a little and nodded in response. With that, Flash waved and walked away. Dew Drop faced the door, took a deep breath and knocked on it.

“Come in,” said a voice from the other side of the door.

Dew Drop opened the door and entered the room. It was quite small for an office. There were two bookcases, one next to the door and one at the back of the room behind a big desk. Speaking of big desks, Dew Drop saw that the desk had a computer monitor, a microphone, and a big speaker. Finally, behind the desk on a big green chair, sat a beautiful woman. She had very light skin, purple eyes, and hair that was striped with light green, light blue, and pink. She wore purple lipstick, a yellow overcoat with a sun badge, and a purple and white shirt underneath. That was all Dew Drop could see regarding the woman’s appearance.

He approached the desk and cleared his throat. “Um… hello,” he said. “Um… I’m hoping to register here at this school. See, I’m new to the neighborhood and have been trying to get settled down in living.”

The woman looked up at Dew Drop and her eyes filled up with concern. “Oh, dear,” she said in a very soothing voice. “Your clothes are a bit messy. Are you alright, dear one?”

Dew Drop smiled and nodded. “I’m fine,” he answered. “I’ve just… had a difficult time adjusting to Canterlot City, that’s all.”

The woman stood up and approached him, revealing that she wore purple pants and golden shoes. As soon as she was close to the boy, she gently placed a hand on his cheek. Her expression was like that of a mother who was worried for her child.

“What is your name, dear one?” She asked gently.

“M-my name is Dew Drop,” the young halfling replied.

“Where are you from?” She asked.

Dew Drop felt uneasy about revealing his home. But he decided to answer the question. If I don't work up the courage to be honest with her, then what kind of person am l?

"I'm from Metal City," he said nervously. "I believe that I might be all that's left of it."

The woman looked sad as she stared at the young halfling. "Oh, you poor thing," she said with sympathy. "I heard about what had happened to it. I'm sorry for your loss."

“It’s okay,” said Dew Drop with a sad smile. “I’m sorry for making you sad, Miss…?”


“Oh, right. I never told you my name,” said the woman. “I am Principal Celestia. Welcome to Canterlot High School!”

“Thank you, Principal Celestia,” said Dew Drop. “So… what do I need to do to get registered for this school?”

“Well, right now we need to figure out which classes for you to have,” said Principal Celestia as she went back to her chair and started to type on her keyboard. “Please, have a seat. This may take a while.”

Dew Drop nodded and sat down on the chair in front of the desk. He felt nervous about starting school since he was bullied back at home for being a halfling.

Well, here’s to hoping that the students here are more friendly than the ones from home, he thought.

*****

After fifteen minutes, Principal Celestia had printed out a copy of Dew Drop’s new schedule. “Here you go,” she said as she handed the copy to him. “This is your schedule. You’ll have to come back tomorrow in order to start classes. That way I can notify the teachers about you.”


Dew Drop smiled at the principal and nodded. “Thank you, Principal Celestia,” he said politely. “Um… is there any chance I can get a guide for the school so I don’t get lost?”

“Of course,” said the principal with a gentle smile. She then pushed the button on her microphone and said, “Sunset Shimmer, please come to the principal’s office. Sunset Shimmer, please come to the principal’s office. Thank you!”

A few minutes later, the door opened and closed. A figure stood next to Dew Drop. As the young halfling looked up at the figure, he saw that it was a girl slightly older than him. She had golden skin, aquamarine eyes, and red-and-yellow hair. She wore an orange shirt with a red-and-yellow sun symbol, a black vest with spikes around the neck area, a purple zip-up skirt, and a pair of black studded shoes. In Dew Drop’s eyes, she was quite lovely.

“Principal Celestia,” said the new girl, “you wanted to see me?”

Principal Celestia nodded and gestured to Dew Drop. “Yes,” she answered. “I need you to give this new student a tour of the school since he’ll be starting classes tomorrow.”

The girl turned towards Dew Drop and smiled. “Hi, my name is Sunset Shimmer,” she greeted with a smile. “And you are?”


“Dew Drop,” he answered as he got up and shook her hand.

“Well, it’s nice to meet you, Dew Drop,” said Sunset before turning to the principal. “I’ll give him the tour. No worries!”

“Thank you, Sunset,” said the principal with a smile. “I’m so glad I can count on you.”

Sunset nodded and gave her a thumbs-up. Then she turned back towards Dew Drop. “Come on,” she said. “Let’s get this tour started!”

Dew Drop nodded with a smile. “Lead the way, Sunset,” he said politely.

As the two teenagers left, Celestia’s face turned sad. After seeing the state of his clothes, she wondered if the boy had a home at all. It seemed like a possibility since he was from Metal City, which was destroyed during a terrible clash between the Cyber Force and the Anti-Cyborg Group.

Tch, she thought angrily. Those two groups are always fighting. I just hope Android can stop them soon. Everyone may have thought of him as a villain in Metal City. But at least everyone here in Canterlot City knows that he’s a hero.

Her thoughts then went to Dew Drop. Does he have a home? If not, then I should help him out. But how?

*****

Meanwhile, Dew Drop was taking in the sights of the school with a small smile as Sunset led him through the halls. Not gonna lie, he thought. This school is bigger and prettier than my old school. No posters that spout nonsense like, “Kill all cyborgs!” Ugh! I hated those posters.

“Hey, are you okay?” Sunset asked.

“Huh?” said Dew Drop, a little startled at the sudden sound of Sunset’s voice. “O-oh, sorry! I’m fine. Just… deep in thought, that’s all.”

Sunset looked concerned. “About what? Do you wanna talk about it?” She asked.

Dew Drop smiled softly and shook his head. “No, it’s okay,” he answered. “I don’t wanna trouble you with my problems right away.”

Sunset smiled at him and nodded. “Okay, then,” she replied. “Well, if you ever wanna talk about it, I’m willing to listen.”


“Thanks, Sunset,” said Dew Drop. “So, what else is there to see here?”

Sunset simply smiled and led him down the hallway even further. While that happened, Dew Drop had only one thought: I think I’m gonna be just fine here!