• Published 31st May 2017
  • 2,958 Views, 151 Comments

The True Me - lightningman



How will a teenage superhero react when he is dropped into the one place he figured he would have no work to do? and how will he react when he falls in love with someone from that world. Join him in this adventure of love, and confusion

  • ...
41
 151
 2,958

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 8 - Memory Road

I immediately felt my mind going through a bunch of memories.

"Hold on, I'll take control and show you." I then start going to the memories of when I was 10. This was a rather... bad memory. I shudder at the thought of it. But it'll shut them up and I'm glad for that. I finally found the memory I was looking for and started playing it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------In the memory------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A younger Damyon and a woman that was obviously his mom were yelling at each other. This was lasting for a good 3 minutes before the memory Damyon finally had enough and grabbed a leash. I called for my dog, Jasper, and I went for a walk. When we got outside, Everyone finally got a good glance at where I lived. They gaped as they saw I used to live in a trailer. My face was emotionless as I followed the dream me to the field. The dream me was muttering to myself and saying threats to thin air. I was extremely angry, but I didn't have that sense of power that I do now, whenever I get extremely angry. We were walking for a little bit before I had finally screamed in rage and everyone winced at the sound. I looked at myself without wincing and looked at my hand began to glow. The memory self didn't notice this and started walking towards a tree. He was so angry that he hit the tree as hard as he could. He obviously didn't expect the results. The tree completely cracked and fell with a gigantic crash. Everyone, except for me was staring at it. They didn't expect this either. They thought that it would have been just a simple hole in the trunk. They then stared at me in disbelief.

"Yep. That's what happened. I was so angry at my mom, that I didn't care what I hit, as long as I hit something. After this, I began practicing every day for a few months, until I got my powers." I then fast forwarded to the memory of me getting my powers. (I don't really need to go into detail for this.) They were staring at me in amazement.

"How did you survive?" Twilight asked me.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

"Your emotional and physical pain! How did you survive?" She asked.

"The physical pain was simple. A really good healthcare plan. Except for that lightning strike, in where my dad healed me. And the emotional pain?" I sighed and looked down. "I barely know myself. I'm still dealing with it. I know my parents love me, but they can get so frustrating and annoying sometimes." I then felt a bunch of hooves hugging me. I looked up and saw that everyone was hugging me. Including Twilight, who seemed to have finally completely forgiven me. I felt really happy. I hugged them back.

"Thank you." I then let them go and we head out of my memories. After a few moments, I ask "Anything else you need?"

PreviousChapters Next