• Published 31st May 2017
  • 2,961 Views, 151 Comments

The True Me - lightningman



How will a teenage superhero react when he is dropped into the one place he figured he would have no work to do? and how will he react when he falls in love with someone from that world. Join him in this adventure of love, and confusion

  • ...
41
 151
 2,961

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 6 - The Full Story

Everyone was staring at me. I was starting to become uncomfortable.

"Um.... Anyone have any questions?" I asked

"Yeah! Where did you get your powers?" asked someone who had just come in the door. I looked at him and recognized Devon.

"Hi, Devon! You see, I was struck by lightning and.... well, I just found this part out a few days ago so I don't know all the detail. But after I was struck, my dad healed me and when I woke up I had these powers."

Devon was staring at me. "You know my name?" He asked.

"Of course! You wrote 'Who Am I?' My favorite fanfiction ever!" I said as I laughed

"Oh....Um.... Thanks!" He smiled.

"No problem. Anyway, I just found out my dad healed me a few days ago in a dream I had. And before you say anything,
it was way too realistic to be a normal dream."

"Ok...Um.... Anyone else has any questions?"

"How did you get here?" asked Twilight.

"Huh?" I was confused for a second and then "Oh! Right! Well, I was saving some people from an earthquake that hit my school. I finished and a portal opened up behind my class. I then jumped in to see if I could close the portal.... Not my best decision." I rubbed the back of my neck in embarrassment.

Some ponies were still looking at my hair, I know that Rainbow Dash was.

"Um...Everyone? Now I have a few things to say before you go. One, If any of you drank a lot of the punch, you will probably have a headache in the morning."

Devon looked at me. "Why would that be?"

"When I got here, I.... Kinda gave Pinkie Pie some vodka." I then raised my hands in defense. "Hey! I'm not known for my good decisions!"

Devon looked at me like I was a huge idiot, and I had to agree with him.

"Are you nuts? Does that sound like a good combination? Pinkie Pie and a substance that can set things on fire AND has a huge effect on ponies?"

Everyone looked at Devon suddenly and then at me angrily.

"Great. An angry mob. Thanks, Devon." I sighed and then I ran towards my stuff. I barely managed to get it before ponies started to jump on me. I had to admit, they were heavy. I tried to get up and found that I couldn't.

"Shit." I thought. I then got hit on the head and I blacked out.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------3 Days later--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Uh..." I groaned. "What happened?" I then looked around and saw that I was in some sort of dungeon. "Really? Just because I gave Pinkie Pie some alcohol, they throw me in jail?" I sighed and took my mask out of my pocket. I looked at it for a while sadly. I then put it back in my pocket. Everyone already knew my identity, so I might as well keep it off. I then looked at my hands and noticed that I didn't have my costume on. I forgot to put it on for the party. As a result, I kept discharging electricity. I sighed and put as much electricity into a sphere. Only instead of slamming this one into the ground, I made this one as stable as I could and used it as a storage device, I put it into the corner and started draining my energy into it. I then saw a bed and laid down on it. I was waiting for a good hour or two with my eyes closed before I heard someone going down some stairs. I opened my eyes and went to the bars. I saw Princess Celestia, Luna and the Mane 6 along with Devon coming downstairs.

"Hi, Everyone," I said as I went and sat down. I looked down at my feet and clamped my hands together. They stopped in front of my cell.

"Do you have any idea what could have happened, hadn't we taken that alcohol from Pinkie Pie?" Celestia asked me.

"Houses burning down? Dozens of people having terrible headaches?" I asked extremely sadly. I think they could hear the sorrow in my voice.

"Well.... Yes! Why did you even have that on you? You're not old enough to have it!" Devon asked me. Everyone looked at him questioningly.

"Oh right. Well, in our world, You are only allowed to drink when you are 21." Devon said.

"18 years for me," I said without looking at him.

"Canadian?" He said as he looked at me.

"Yep," I said as I looked at him. I felt some more charge in my hands. I groaned. "Hold on for a second." I then pull my hands apart and aim them at my makeshift storage device. I shot the electricity into it and I noticed everyone staring at it.

"What? Twilight, I told you. My costume keeps my powers in check. And when I have it off for a long time I discharge at random times. The longer I keep it off, the more frequently they happen." I said as I got up and kicked the storage device to them. "Here, Use this for your power. I won't need it." I say as I sat back down on the bed. I laid down on it and stared at the ceiling.

"Why are we making such a big deal about this? My party was great!" Pinkie Pie said. Her hair was deflated entirely. I sighed and said

"I think the princesses are right. It was terrible to give such a dangerous substance to such a.... unpredictable pony." I said. I closed my eyes. "But is it really necessary to lock me up? Where are we anyway? Canterlot?" I asked the princesses.

"Yes, you are just below the castle," Celestia says.

"Above or below ground?" I asked.

"Above. Why?" Celestia looked at me.

"Because I can escape anytime I want." To prove my point, I went to the wall and kicked as hard as I could, summoning the aura trick I taught applejack. The result causes a small hole to be formed in the wall. I made it larger with the hands for a few seconds while everyone was staring at me not knowing what to do. I then turn to them and say. "See?"

PreviousChapters Next