• Published 31st May 2017
  • 2,958 Views, 151 Comments

The True Me - lightningman



How will a teenage superhero react when he is dropped into the one place he figured he would have no work to do? and how will he react when he falls in love with someone from that world. Join him in this adventure of love, and confusion

  • ...
41
 151
 2,958

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 48 - Mind Talking and continuing the battle

Sam's eyes widen and he fall's forwards onto the ground. His pupils shrink and he begins to hyperventilate in panic.No, nonono!He screams internally before an orb of light shoots out from behind a building, rushing into him as a familiar weight enters his mind.

"GET OF HIS HEAD!!!" A voice of rage shouts as a man with blonde hair and gray eyes appeared next to Lightningman's avatar, punching him with the force of a freight train and launching him out Sam's mental scape. I smile as I feel this.

"So you have a mental guardian?" I smile brightly. "This is fun." I Let darkning have control of my physical body as I send myself back in. I reactivate the physical functions since my real body has someone to control it. I look around for the guardian. I begin to whistle.

"Yo! Where are you? I came here so I could leave a mental suggestion. I didn't mean harm in here. I was literally just gonna leave a message like a voicemail." I heard some air being pushed and dodged to the left as a fist was sent flying at my head to get me out again. I grabbed the arm and forced him onto the ground, preventing him from moving. "Listen.... Wait. Are you Chris?"

"Verdammt richtig!" The blonde answered, anger in his voice. "Why the Hölle would you invade someone's mind just to leave a message!?"

"Chris...?" Sam muttered groggily as he stood to his feet shakily. "What are you... doing here...?"

"Focus out there, Sam!" Chris interrupted, seeming to throw a look to the outside before focusing on Lightningman again.

"Because most people forget about details when they get back home." I get off him and extend a hand to help him up. "Like me. Whenever I get home, I immediately forget most of the schooling that I had gotten that day, I figured this would be the same for Samson and whatnot." I shrug. "Oh also..." I turn on the vocal cords. "Darkning. DO NOT ATTACK! I REPEAT! DO NOT ATTACK. I'm fine in here. I'm talking to Chris. Besides, Samson isn't used to other people in his mind. So he's wouldn't be that much of a victory." I give the vocal cords back to Samson as I help Chris up. "There you go." I smile.

Chris takes the hand and stands. "Our situation is a bit more serious than a day at school," he muttered before giving a sigh. "But I guess the concern is warranted. Oh, and there's no need for Darkning to go easy on Samson. He's completely fine with us in here. Right, Sam?"

"We're talking about this when we get home," Sam answered darkly, lowering into a fighting stance and motioning for his opponent to come at him. "Now let's do this."

"hold on. You currently have an advantage with both your halves, Darkning needs me." I smile as I send myself back into my body. I sigh as I stretch. I then start to think. "Alright. I know how to beat Shadow Ranger. But Samson should have more up his sleeve than that." I chuckle. "This is fun. Darkning? You think you can take care of these? You're the anger. Use that." I give control to darkning and my body changes as well as my costume.
"Now then," Darkning said. "Get ready." He looks up to the sky. "DUALITY!"

"Ah, (Beep)," Sam muttered, tightening his stance. "Chris, hold on."

"Hanging on!" Came the reply as Chris melded his consciousness with Sam's. A dark aura burst out around Sam, sweeping his hair up and filling the whites of his eyes with power as dark red and orange electricity danced over him.
"Go, Psycho!" He shouted again, bringing up his morpher and letting the aura rush towards him and condense over his body. The light shattered and he was once more garbed in his armour, the colour has changed to an iridescent steel colour as dark gray, red, and orange energy swam in the ports of his reformed gauntlets and leg armour. "Let's rock!" Darkning immediately went on the offensive instead of making a plan like Lightning did when he faced him. He began to punch as fast as he could. The cards and his other half powering him up to almost breaking point.Sam became little more than a blur of electricity as he dodged most of the blows, catching those he couldn't with his palms.

"Back off!" He roared, taking a step back and rearing his palm back to slam it into Darkning's torso in a full-force palm strike that let out a resounding crack of the air pressure alone. Darkning keeled over. He shook his head and look at the blur of lightning. He smiled and started to little by little take it away as he started to aim for the hand joints. Sam winced as he felt the shielding around his hands start to give out to the assault. With a growl, the energy in the ports of his armour glowed with orange and gold light before he disappeared from sight with a crack of the sound barrier.

"You guys don't let up, do you?" The ranger called from the top of one of the buildings, the Obsidian Warscythe in his hand.

"Giving up is not our strongest suit," Darkning replied. He then chuckled. "We don't even have a giving up suit. Just this." He then pulled out Sam and turned her into a sword again.
He disappeared and reappeared right next to Samson. He swung his sword to hit the warscythe. Blade met blade in a clash of metal and sparks. "Good on you, then!" Samson cheered, the grin clear in his voice. "Let's make this fun!" With that, he forced the sword away, spinning the warscythe before swinging the blade towards his opponent's legs.Darkning jumped and landed on the blade of the warscythe. Taking this opportunity. Darkning punched Samson in the throat.

"GAK!" The ranger gagged, stumbling back as his hand shot to his throat. His helmet raised to look at Darkning, a feral growl ripping through the air before the visor over his left eye cracked, black smoke leaking out.

"Sam, what are-"

"SHUT UP, CHRIS!" Samson roared, yanking the blade out from under his opponent's feet. He twisted the weapon until the butt of the staff faced Darkning, morphing into a lance head as the white of his armour turned pitch black, pools of energy shining in black and purple before he thrust the weapon forward. Darkning dodged to the right and grabbed his weapon.

"Did we make the ranger mad?" darkning was laughing. he heated himself up and started to melt the metal of the weapon.

"SHUT UP!" The ranger shouted, using his free hand to punch Darkning away from him. Without waiting, Samson rushed forward and knocked his opponent to his back, raising the blade of his warscythe up for the final blow. The edge sliced through the air before the ranger's arm jerked to a halt, a silvery orb hovering above Darkning

"Hit him now!"Chris' voice shouted as an orange outline of the man holding back Sam's arm flashed around the orb."All of you!" Darkning looked at the blade with mild interest. he then looked at Samson. he smiled and vanished. reappearing behind Samson and punching him in the back.Samson staggard forward onto his knees, the orb disappearing and reappearing behind the ranger before he was wrenched backward as if he was stuck in a hold.

"Hör auf herum zu ficken!"Chris shouted again, panic obvious in his voice."Demorph him, NOW!!!"

"That the?" darkning was concerned here. he went up and looked for the problem. he finally decided to demorph him and figure out if he needed medical attention.

"He's stuck in a rage!"Chris yelled as his projection struggled to hold back the Psycho Ranger."You to get him out of the armour!"

"I'm coming in!" Lightningman jumped into Samson's mind while Darkning tried to get the armour off.

Within Samson's mind, the young man's avatar struggled against a shadowy figure. "L-Lightning?" The man questioned before he shook his head. "Hit my armour with everything you've got! I can't power down while I'm fighting this thing!"

"Got it,"I called out of the body. "CODE RED! HIT THE BODY WITH EVERYTHING!" Darkning nodded and held out sam. "Full power!" there was a crash from the library as the elements surrounded the wand. "EXPULSO!" There's a massive explosion as the spell hits Samson. The ranger was launched backward, gridlines forming over his armour before it dispersed. Sam hit the ground hard, rolling several feet before he stopped, vapour rising from where he'd been hit in the chest. As the vapour came off Samson's body. it started to swirl into two separate portals like things. and out fell... two more humans. "OH COME ON!" I yelled exasperatedly once I was back in my body.

Author's Note:

More people. These two people come from ShadeBlitz's story "The god of Rage."

PreviousChapters Next