• Published 31st May 2017
  • 2,958 Views, 151 Comments

The True Me - lightningman



How will a teenage superhero react when he is dropped into the one place he figured he would have no work to do? and how will he react when he falls in love with someone from that world. Join him in this adventure of love, and confusion

  • ...
41
 151
 2,958

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 36 - Boast Busters part 3

As Spike and I were walking around, we spotted snips and snails walking backwards in a head bowed position.

"What are you two doing?" Spike asked with his arms crossed. Snips and snails looked at us both. and smiled.

"Just bringing the GapT..."

"The what?" Spike asked as I groan at the horrible abbreviation.

"The great and powerful Trixie." Snips explained.

"Sheesh." Spike rolled his eyes.

"Just bringing her a smoothie."

"How can you fall for her lameness?' Spike asked.

"Yeah, and how come you don't bring me smoothies? My magic is better than her's by far."

"She gave us bits to get us the smoothie."

"Oh." I nod., "So she isn't a total asshole who made you pay with your own money."

"Anyway... She's just a showoff, unlike Lightningman and Twilight who..."

"The great and powerful Trixie vanquished an Ursa Major. Can your Twilight claim that?"

"Claim? Yes. Do it? Probably." I shrug.

"Yeah, and besides, were you guys actually there?"

"Well, uh, no. But..."

"But nothing. The proof is in the pudding."

"What?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"You don't use that saying?"

"I've never heard of it before." I shake my head.

"It's a saying that says that the proof is fake or nonexistent."

"Ahh. That makes sense."

"Heh heh. Pudding." Snails sigh dreamily.

"Look, unless an Ursa major comes waltzing up the street for Trixie to vanquish, I'm never going to believe a word she says. And neither should you." Spike says glaring at them. While snips put on a thinking face.

"An Ursa walking up the street eh? Snails, you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Why is it when they call it a flea market when they don't sell fleas?"

"Yeah... uhh... Oh, come on." Snips says exasperatedly. I groan.

"Great Ideas spike, tell them exactly what they need to do to make you believe."

"Huh?" Spike asked.

"You'll see later tonight. I'm going to go see Darkning, I need to talk to him about a few things." I left for home.
---------------------------------------------------------------later.-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yo, darkning. You in here?" I call when I was in the house."

"Upstairs!" He calls and I go to where he yelled. I opened the door to one of the bedrooms and I spot that Darkning had completely customized it into a gaming space.

"Whoa, when did you do this?" I asked him.

"When I got home and switched clothes." He shrugged. "But what did you need?"

"I have a few ideas that I need you to do while I keep an eye on ponyville."

"What is it?" I go up to him and whisper in his ear.

"What? But isn't that material illegal here?"

"I'll say it's a form of defence for the magic that normal humans don't have that ponies do. I'm pretty sure that these ponies are so used to magic, they somehow grew some sort of resistance to it. Just make sure you get the highest concentration you can into each separate piece. And you need to assemble it in the minotaur region. Ok?"

"Alright, but I don't think I'll be able to get there quick enough to get back in two days."

"Oh right." I pull out the Harmonic wand and put it on his head. I was thrust into his mind.

"Hey, What are you doing?" Darkning asked as I start walking."

"Unlocking your powers."

"WHAT?"

"Yeah, I think you're trustworthy enough now."

"well... Alright, thanks. But leaving me unsupervised?"

"I'm leaving a bit of my magic in your mind so that I know when your committing evil, i'll immediately cut off your powers."

"Oh.. ok." He nods. "I understand.

"Good." I open the door to the main part of the brain. I look around and see the powers section. I put my hand on it and the chains that were holding it closed shatter. I push it open.

"AHHH!!!!!!' Darkning yells.

"It's alright. Getting this much power at one time will hurt." I say as I break the door and run to him. I help him up when he's done yelling. "You alright."

"Y-Yeah. I'm fine."

"Alright. Can you go to the minotaur region and get that stuff for us?"

"Yeah." I was then thrust out of his mind and I salute him as he disapparates with a huge crack. I smile and leave for Fluttershy's. I knock on the door.

"Fluttershy? You in here?" Slowly the door opened.

"Oh, hi lightningman. come on in." I walk inside.

"How are the animals?" I ask.

"Oh, they are all fine. Mrs. and Mr. Squirrel are currently working on a place they can live for their family."

"That's nice. Just make sure that you bring them all to safety by..." I think what time it would begin to get dark. "6 or 7 tonight alright?"

"Why? I'll do it, but why?"

"Ursa minor attack."

"What?!" Fluttershy asks in shock.

"Yeah, don't worry, no buildings get harmed, but I wasn't sure about the animals so I came to warn you. Twilight takes care of the Ursa."

"So she knows about this already?" She asks.

"Nope. That's the fun part." I smile.

"What?"

"Yep, she's going to float the Ursa minor right back to his.. or her... cave. I don't know what gender the thing is." I shrug.

"Why can't you or Darkning take care of it."

"And interfere with a friendship lesson." I put my hand on my chest in mock horror. "Perish the thought." Fluttershy giggles a little bit. "Besides, Darkning is in the minotaur land."

"What? Why? And how'd he get there so fast?"

"I gave him his powers back, and he left to get something for me."

"What is it?"

"You'll see in two or something days." I wave off the question.

"Ok... But how is he going to get the bits to pay for it?"

"I gave him his magic right? Because I believe he can make magical constructs of bits with that."

"But... wouldn't that be cheating the merchants there?"

"Don't worry, once I earn some money. I'll go there myself and pay for it."

"You promise?"

"Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." I go through the motions and Fluttershy smiles.

PreviousChapters Next