• Published 31st May 2017
  • 2,961 Views, 151 Comments

The True Me - lightningman



How will a teenage superhero react when he is dropped into the one place he figured he would have no work to do? and how will he react when he falls in love with someone from that world. Join him in this adventure of love, and confusion

  • ...
41
 151
 2,961

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 33 - Learning about history

The next morning, Darkning, Jasper and I left for the school. I wanted those two to stay home just in case anything bad happened and they could respond immediately. But Darkning wanted to surprise the fillies and colts, and Jasper wouldn't stay anywhere without me. It was cute, but kinda annoying at the same time. So, I let them join me. I sigh as I think how many days there are left until the battle with Blueblood. I had tomorrow and Friday to finish up the learning about Equestrian History. I had just entered the building when Ms. Cheerilee walked up to us.

"Lightningman, Where have you been the past 2 days?" She asked a bit mad.

"Saving a timberwolf. Sending a person from another dimension back home. Making amends with my anger and sadness. You know, the usual." I shrug and smirk at her. Cheerilee didn't seem amused. It was obvious she didn't see the other two since Darkning was already at his desk, and Jasper was so small.

"Lightningman, you cannot just skip school for no good reason. And I don't appreciate being lied too." I groan and facepalm.

"I'm not lying. I had to reattach the Timberwolf's leg. I adopted him yesterday. His name is Jasper. The making amends? He's literally in this class right now." I point at Darkning and he waves. Cheerilee pales.

"And the person from another dimension?" She asks.

"He was the counterpart of Flash Sentry." I roll my eyes. "I duelled him with my cards. It was a pain. But fun even though he won." I smile. She groans and noticed the timberwolf. She yelps and jumps back.

"What's that?" She asked. Luckily nobody besides me, darkning, Jasper and Cheerilee were in the school right now because the bell hadn't rung yet.

"This is Jasper." I kneel down and pet him. "Don't worry, he's nice." I motion for her to pet him. She slowly comes up and pets him. She smiles a bit.

"Alright. But the bell is about to ring, we are covering the reign of Discord."

"Alright." Soon enough the bell did ring and everyone began filing in. I sat down at where I had sat last time. I saw Silent Power walking in with Scootaloo beside him. They were smiling at each other. I think. "Young love." I smile under my mask. Everyone was almost seated when there was a loud shriek. I look at the door to see Jasper near the door. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were walking inside when they saw him. Everyone looked and saw Jasper. Almost all of them reacted the same. Except for Silent Power, who I could have sworn both his eyebrows raised underneath his hood.

"Everypony, calm down. This is Jasper." She goes to Jasper and pets him. Jasper nuzzles into her hoof. I smiled. I then whistled loudly.

"Jasper, come on. Stop bothering everypony." I smile. He bounds over to me and jumps onto my enlargened desk. I smile and pet him. Everyone was surprised.

"Why and how did you get a timberwolf?" asked Scootaloo as she looked at me.

"I saved his life." I shrug. "He was abandoned without his left hind leg outside of my house."

"What do you mean? He has his leg."

"That's because I reattached it. See this silver line?" I point at it and they nod. "That was where it was bitten or torn off," I say. "It was actually easier than I expected to save him." I smile. "Oh, also. New student." I point at Darkning. Everyone looks at us and widens there eyes.

"Who's that?" Applebloom asks.

"I'm Darkning." He smiles at everyone underneath his own mask.

"And where did you come from?" asked Snips. I internally groan as I recognize him. And at the answer to that.

"I'm Lightningman's anger and sadness taken form."

"Wait, so you're the concentrated form of all of his anger and sadness?" Asked Sweetie Belle.

"Yes, but that isn't the point of today, Today, We need to learn about the Reign of Discord." Everyone groans.

"But we'd rather learn about you."

"And if we don't learn about this, Lightningman will never have a chance to become the prince of Equestria." Darkning deadpans. Everyone sighs and nods. They take their seats and Cheerilee begins her lecture.

"The reign of discord is the last known villain involved in history before Nightmare Moon. He was defeated about 10 years before her formation. And his reign lasted about 30 to 40 years. Accounts of this are sketchy though. Now, can anyone tell me who Discord is?" I raised my hand, Darkning and Sweetie Belle did as well.

"Darkning? Who is Discord."

"He is the embodiment of Chaos and Disharmony. He is not a god, however, as Gods have full control of their powers and aren't affected by any magic nullifying charms or materials."

"Correct. Although that last bit about him even I did not know. How did you..."

"This is a Tv show for us." Darkning and I both deadpan.

"Oh, right." She chuckles embarrassed. "I guess I keep forgetting that you know more things about this world than most ponies."

"Yeah." I nod. Cheerilee then continued her lecture until the ending bell. Everyone gathered up their things and we began to leave. Snips and Snails seemed to be heading to the Town Hall. I groan as I remember this. I then look at Darkning.

"Get your copy of my suit."

Author's Note:

I couldn't find any details about Discord's reign of chaos besides how long it took, and even that took a while to find. If anyone could tell me more details about the reign, that would be amazing. Thanks.

PreviousChapters Next