• Published 31st May 2017
  • 2,958 Views, 151 Comments

The True Me - lightningman



How will a teenage superhero react when he is dropped into the one place he figured he would have no work to do? and how will he react when he falls in love with someone from that world. Join him in this adventure of love, and confusion

  • ...
41
 151
 2,958

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 28 - Darkning? I'm so screwed

As I attempted to get his foot off my throat he took it off. I began to gasp for air. I looked up, but what I saw was Darkning going through the door towards body control. He slammed and locked the door behind him. I got up and banged on the door. It was almost impossible to see anything. The walls were coated in black and the only light was shining on the chair that Darkning had been in. Suddenly I could feel all of my bad experiences and memories attacking me. I crouch and grab my head.

"No... no... stop, These memories. I can't take it." I could feel a sob growing in my chest as I remember awful things. My parents yelling at me. My great grandad's death. Even running away once. I began to pound on the door with all my might. "LET ME OUT!!!" I was screaming at the top of my lungs. Suddenly I felt new memories entering my mind. I tried to wake up. But when I did, I wasn't in control of my body. Darkning was. He got up and took off my mask. I began to yell at him within my mind.

"NO!!! LET ME OUT!! YOU CAN'T DO THIS!! DONT HURT ANYBODY! PLEASE!" I was desperate. I tried to get control of my body again. But Darkning already left the house. He was headed towards Twilights. It had already turned morning surprisingly. And my hair was already changing somehow, to darkning's hairstyle. He banged on the door.

"Twilight. Get out here." He spoke quietly, but it was heard by all. The voice was cracking and changing to Darknings. My entire body was changing into Darknings body. This was terrible. Before I could speak a word Twilight was outside.

"Oh, Hi Lightningman."

"Don't call me that." The voice had almost fully changed.

"Huh? What do you mean? And what happened to your voice?" At that moment The Harmonic wand began to smoke. Out came Sam.

"Huh? What's going on?" Sam asked as she looked around. She then spotted Darkning. "Oh no." She said. "Twilight. That isn't lightningman."

"What do you mean? Of course, it is. He may look a little different, but it's obviously him."

"Twilight, mom. Listen to me. Get Fluttershy. She's the only one that may...." With that, she dissipated. What caused this is Darkning had struck a bolt on the ground where Sam had stood. Twilight yelped and jumped back.

"What's going on?" She asked and looked at my body. The eyes had almost finished changing. "Y-your not lightningman." She stated scared.

"That is correct." Darkning smiled and Twilight reeled back in terror. "My name is Darkning. I am all of Damyon's memories and experiences, all focussed on one thing. He never let out his true feelings at home. He always bottled them up. I'm here as compensation." He grabbed Twilight by the throat and threw her as hard as he could towards Fluttershy's home. I don't think he realized where he threw her towards though. He then proceeded to flood his body with electricity. It began to arc around his body and strike the ground at random times. Not even the suit, designed to keep electricity inside of it, could keep it inside. It sometimes hit ponies and they collapsed, unconscious. Soon, however, Rainbow Dash realized what was happening. She flew down.

"Lightningman! Stop it! Your hurting everyone! That's not what you want. That's never been what you wanted." She looked into my eyes and recoiled in fear. "W-what happened to you."

"I am not lightningman. I am Darkning. Damyon's worst experiences and memories come to life. If you wish to live, leave me now or you will suffer the same fate as everyone else."

"Oh no. I'm not leaving here so you can kill somepony." She stood her ground... or air.... Darkning laughed. It was cold and cruel. He then turned serious and zapped Rainbow. The lightning, caused her nerves to spasm and her wings to clamp to her sides. He proceeded to slam his fist in her face. making her collapse. She tried to shakily get to her hooves before Darkning put his foot on her neck. He was about to finish her when a lasso came out of nowhere and wrapped itself around his body.

Shocked, Darkning didn't have any time to react as Applejack pulled him off of Rainbow.

"Lightningman! What are you doing!" She rushed to help Rainbow up.

"T-that's not Lightningman."

"What do you mean?" She asked as Darkning snapped the rope around him.

"He said his name is Darkning. He's all the worst parts of Damyon."

"Not all of them. I'm not his greed or terror. I'm his anger and sadness. The two emotions he has in abundance. The more he has, the stronger I grow."

"Your a meanie is what you are!" Said a high pitched voice. Darkning was knocked aside as a cannon went off. He hurled into a wall. He got up, more pissed off than hurt. He looked to see Pinkie Pie reloading her party cannon.

"Good, I don't need to repeat myself more." He said as he turned on the spot, disapparating with a loud crack and apparating right beside the loaded party cannon. He put his hand on it and channeled electricity through it. That caused the gunpowder to go off and blow both Darkning and Pinkie Pie away. When everyone looked up, they saw the cannon was destroyed.

"Y-you destroyed my party cannon." Pinkie said as her hair deflated slightly.

"Nobody attacks me. Nobody will hurt me ever again. I'm done with everyone. You will all die." He said as he began to walk to the 3 mares that had attempted to attack him. I began to yell and scream. "NO!!!" But before Darkning could harm them, a voice said weakly and scared, "Please stop." Darkning amazingly stopped and turned around to see Fluttershy and Twilight beside her. Twilight had the elements of harmony on her back. She levitated all of the elements onto their respective owners. But they didn't use them. Fluttershy merely began to walk up to Darkning.

"Fluttershy! What are you doing?" Rainbow Dash asked. "He went nuts!" But Fluttershy continued to walk up. Darkning didn't do anything.

"Lightningman?"

"That isn't my name," Darkning growled causing Fluttershy to recoil just the tiniest bit. But Darkning didn't make any moves against her. It seems even he has limits to what he wants to do.

"alright. Darkning. Please listen to me. You can't keep doing this." She then turned stern. She flew up towards Darkning's face and began to use the stare. "Darkning, lightningman, whoever you are. You cannot keep hurting my--- our friends." She continued to use the stare. But Darkning merely put his hand up and covered her eyes.

"No staring. It's annoying." Fluttershy's wings gave out as she looked at him in horror.

"You resisted the Stare?"

"Duh. If you want power through eyes, try this." Darkning then proceeded to glare at Fluttershy. The oblivion-hell eyes scaring her. She couldn't move, she was petrified on the spot she was standing. "Now. I don't want to hurt you. You girls are some of the few that hasn't caused me a lot of suffering. I'm the anger and sadness of Damyon. He has never let out his feelings. As a result, I was born. He focussed all of those feelings on me. Can you imagine what that's like? Being an awkward teenage brony's focus point? IT WAS TERRIBLE!!!" Even I was silent at the exclamation. I realized that Darkning wasn't just an extension of me. He was his own separate person. But ever since his birth he's been bombarded with things that caused him sadness. Of course, he would be angry. Anyone would be angry. I drop my hands from the door. I proceed to say through the door.

"Darkning.... I don't know if you can hear me, but I'm sorry." I turn around and sit on the chair Darkning had sat on. But I noticed something. Darkning's body had frozen.

"Darkning? What's wrong?" Fluttershy asked weakly.

"H-He said sorry," Darkning said.

"What?" Fluttershy asked.

"He said sorry. Lightningman said sorry." Darkning repeated

"Wait, Lightningman's still in there?" Rainbow Dash pointed to Darkning's head. He nodded.

"But... How come he let you do all this?"

"I... uh.... kinda locked him in the memory chamber like he did to me. Right now, he's experiencing all of the memories I've had to dwell on." He winced.

"What? Well, can you let him out?" Fluttershy asked. Darkning seemed to consider her for a second.

"He.... he did say sorry. And I hated those memories, nobody should have to see those. Alright. I'll be back." He closed his eyes. A second later the memory chamber door opened up and Darkning walked inside.

"Lightningman?" He asked.

"I'm sorry." I immediately said and looked up at him. "If I knew what I was doing to you, I wouldn't have locked you up like that. I didn't even know you were a real being. I always thought you were a figment of my imagination.

"Yeah... I saw that." He said and nodded.

"You want to get out of here?" I said as I got up.

"Huh?" He looked at me confused.

"You and me. Both of us can control this body. Maybe I can even make you a body of your own and put you in it."

"y-You would do that? Even after I showed what I can do?"

"You would be a normal human for now. But if you prove you can be trusted having your own body, you would gradually get these powers back."

"R-Really?" Darkning's eyes were turning from the black and red tinge to normal hazel eyes.

"Yes." I smile. Darkning smiled and hugged me. I could feel his sadness and anger leaving his body, bit by bit. to be replaced by happiness. He still had the same look except for his eyes. But he had turned good now.

"Let's go." We leave and head to the body control room. I see Sam cowering in a corner.

"SAM!" I run and hug her. "Are you alright." She nodded and began to cry in my arms. I look up at Darkning.

"Can you deal with the real world for right now? I need to calm Sam down and explain everything." He nodded and took control. Our eyes opened up. But this time, Half of the body was in his image, and the other half of it was mine.

"Lightningman?" Twilight asked slowly.

"No. It's still Darkning." He shook his head. They all backed away. "Oh no don't worry. Lightningman's in here with me. He just has to calm Sam down. I... kinda scared her.... a lot."

"So... you two are friends now?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yeah. I'm not going to have to deal with those memories anymore. Lightningman and I are going to share this body until he finds a way to make me a body and put my consciousness into it."

"Really?" Pinkie Pie asked. "So your not an enemy anymore? You're a friend? YAY!!! NEW FRIEND PARTY!" Pinkie Pie began to jump around. Just then I came back into control with lightningman.

"Pinkie, stop. We can't really do that Party just yet."

"What do you mean Darkning?" Applejack asked.

"Oh, it's not darkning right now, it's Lightningman. The change in voice remember?" I cough and my voice returns to normal. "Geez, this is going to get annoying if we have to share this body. We need to figure out a way to get you a new body."

"Yeah," Darkning said with his voice.

"Oh... yeah I see the change in the voice now." Applejack said.

"Yeah." I nodded. "Now, we need to figure out a way to make a body. Transferring his consciousness to the body is easy enough."

"How?" Darkning asked.

"Well, Sam can transfer from my mind to The wand right? It makes sense that you and I can do it as well. Then we can tranfer your consciousness to that body, that way."

"That... makes sense. I guess." Twilight said. "But how are you going to make a body?"

"Hmm.... Maybe.... I got it. Remember how i can create magical constructs with my cards? If I do that, only permanent, then we can use that as a body."


(I was writing chapter 30- when i realized i totally missed the chance to insert this.)

PreviousChapters Next