• Published 31st May 2017
  • 2,958 Views, 151 Comments

The True Me - lightningman



How will a teenage superhero react when he is dropped into the one place he figured he would have no work to do? and how will he react when he falls in love with someone from that world. Join him in this adventure of love, and confusion

  • ...
41
 151
 2,958

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 21 - The Griffon Brush off Part 3. (or school. ughhh.)

"Lightningman, calm down." Rainbow Dash was trying to stop me from getting to twilight. "You need to be in the school anyway. You challenged Blueblood to an exam on the history of Equestria!" She was trying to pull me away but wasn't making much progress.

"She should have told me what she was doing. I should have at least deserved that privilege." I growl. I push her off and I apparate to Twilight's house. I appear there with a loud crack and Twilight and Spike jump at the noise. They look around and see me. They couldn't see my face, but it was obvious I was angry.

"Lightningman? What's wrong?"

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU ENROLLED ME IN SCHOOL!!" I yell at the top of my lungs. Ponies that were passing by heard it and moved faster as they didn't want that rage to be diverted to them.

"I... Um.... was going to tell you..." She said quietly as if she was a child caught in wrongdoing.

"WHEN?! WHEN IT WAS CLASS TIME?!" I yell as I stomp my foot. The beakers jiggled a bit.

"Um...." She looked down sheepishly.

"Oh. my. god. YOU WERE GOING TO DO THAT!" I growl.

"Listen, Damyon."

"Call me lightningman. Not Damyon."

"You didn't mind anyone calling you Damyon when you first came here?"

"Well, I don't like that name really. I like Lightningman better. So call me that." I growl.

"Fine, Lightningman. You need to go to school. You said yourself, you are probably going to be here for awhile."

I growl and grunt. I wring my hands to keep them busy.

"Well, since that's the case, none of us want you to lose your intelligence." At that very moment, Rainbow Dash flew in.

"Lightningman. Calm down. You need to be in that school, especially if you challenged blueblood."

"Wait, what?" Twilight turned to Rainbow Dash.

"Yeah, After we pranked a bit, Lightningman decided he wanted to prank Celestia. One thing led to another, and the next thing we know, Lightning challenged blueblood to a test on equestrian history and a duel to prove that Blueblood is still worthy to be a prince. If lightningman wins, He becomes the prince of Equestria as well as Ambassador of the Humans."

"Wait. WHAT!" Twilight yelled. She turned to me. "Your an ambassador and you challenged the prince?" I was still angry so I nod.

"Well, that only furthers my point. You need to learn about democracy and our history. You might also want to learn about other species history."

"Fine. As soon as I build my home." I sigh and stop wringing my hands.

"Huh? Your home? But aren't you living in that house you found?" Twilight asked me.

"He is, but he wants to build a house himself so that when a pony needs that house he isn't homeless." Rainbow Dash said.

"Oh... that makes sense. But you need help making your house?" She asked.

"Sure. Applejack and her family have some construction experience. You and rarity can help with your magic. And Fluttershy's animals can help as well."

"Alright. But do you know what you want to have as your house?

"Yeah, I have an idea. It would just hold me, and maybe some other people might join me in it if they need a place to stay." I pull out the harmonic wand again and conjure a picture of the house and the blueprints.

"Alright. Then do you want to start today or tomorrow?" I look outside. There was still a few hours of daylight left.

"It would be better that we start now. So we get a headstart and I'm not tired because of school tomorrow."

"Alright. Let's go grab the materials and everyone that can help."
-------------------------------------------------------------2 hours later.-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright. That's good for today everyone." I smile as we had finished the first floor of the building. Tomorrow would be the second floor and half the interior of the first floor. Then on the third day, we would finish the interior and I would move in. While everyone was packing stuff up for tomorrow, I helped them out. As they left I high fived them. "You all did extremely good work today. Hopefully, we can finish this soon ahead of schedule." They nodded and left for home. I went into my house and pulled out my cards. I began to do some math on them.
--------------------------------------------------------30 minutes later.------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ok. So if I use the spells on myself, I'll have 22 life, 2 energy, a multiplier of 28 for my toughness, and a multiplier of 26 for my power. As well as flying, haste, unblockable, immune to spells and abilities, double strike, first strike, lifelink, and regenerate. And my opponent would have -38 life, -27 offense, -6 defense. And no artifacts to protect himself. As well as he can't attack or block anyway." I nod. "Seems a bit overkill. But if I used the creatures along with the spells for myself. I would have a multiplier of 10 for my aura. Defender, vigilance, reach, trample, flash, intimidate, shadow, regenerate, lifelink, double strike, first strike, unblockable, flying, haste, immune to spells and abilities. As well as 35 life, 2 energy, And a multiplier of 270 for my power, and 306 for my toughness. and It's still the same for the opponent."

"Um.... Isn't that a bit too much for Blueblood?"

"Nah. I gave him a chance. But he wouldn't listen. Anyway. I've finished these calculations. I'm going to bed. Goodnight Sam."

"Goodnight Dad." She said. "I'll wake you for school in the morning." She pulled out of my mind.
--------------------------------------------------------The next morning-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I woke up to Sam yelling in my mind.

"GET UP! YOU HAVE AN HOUR TILL SCHOOL!"

"Alright, alright. I'm up." I say a bit groggily. I go and gather up everything from around the place. As I leave the house, nothing of my existence was left in the house. I left and as I was almost to the school. I spot Scootaloo and another colt I didn't know about, were walking with each other. The colt in question was wearing a white coat with a hood over his face. I could see that he was a pegasus because of some lumps on either side of his body where the wings usually were. I notice they both enter the schoolyard. Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom come up to the unknown colt as well. But everyone else moved away from him. I raise an eyebrow and thought. "Why are they moving away from him?" I decide to go up to them and ask. They don't notice as I get behind them.

"Hi," I say. All of them jumped about 5 feet into the air. The colt got into a defensive position, while the fillies, amazingly, hid behind him. "Um... Why are they hiding behind you?" I raise an eyebrow underneath my mask.

"Who are you?" A notebook is handed to me with these words from the colt.

"Oh, right, sorry. My name is Lightningman. Now, who are you? And why are those three hiding behind you?"

"My name is Silent Power. And their hiding behind me because I saved them before. And they trust me. As obviously as they don't trust you right now. Why are you here?" He wrote down, keeping his eyes on me through his hood.

"Geez!" I facepalm. "I already apologized for the alcohol from pinkie pie. How often do I still have to apologize! And I'm here because I was enrolled in school here." I groan.

"You... go to school here?" Silent's posture relaxed a little. "And you gave that pink pony alcohol?"

"Yeah." I nod. "It was an extremely stupid choice. I realized that."

"Kinda yeah. I met her once, and I figured out already that she shouldn't be trusted with anything dangerous like that."

"Wait.... how do you know about alcohol?"

"I traveled all across Equestria and tried hundreds of things. One of them being alcohol." He sighed and I was surprised to hear it was a deep and hoarse sigh. "That's one thing I'll never have again."

"Oh. But how is your voice like that?"

"I don't know." He shrugs. Just then the bell rings. "Well, i guess it's time for school. I'll see you after?" He looks at me underneath his hood.

"Sure." I smile.

Author's Note:

I know this chapter didn't feature anything from the episode. But you'll notice I put in a second chapter name if you'll strain your eyes some more and look. (I'm putting this in while I'm writing the chapter because people can be bitchy.) Also, the colt, Silent Power, is a crossover with my other story. "The Silent Colt."

PreviousChapters Next