• Published 31st May 2017
  • 2,943 Views, 151 Comments

The True Me - lightningman



How will a teenage superhero react when he is dropped into the one place he figured he would have no work to do? and how will he react when he falls in love with someone from that world. Join him in this adventure of love, and confusion

  • ...
41
 151
 2,943

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 19 - Griffon the Brush Off Part One

I smiled and waved by to Fluttershy and headed home. On the way there I saw Pinkie Pie bouncing around. She came up to me and said.

"Hi! Have you seen Rainbow Dash?" I then remembered what the next adventure was.

"But... It hasn't been a week yet?"

"Not all of our adventures begin after a week silly. Sometimes there's only an hour difference!" She smiled.

"Oh, ok." I nod and then say. "She's at the market above Twilight."

"Okie Dokie Lokie!" She smiled and bounced to find her. I shrug and went to the prank store. I decided I would get a head start on their pranking before they started. I bought invisible ink, black eye, washable paint, and sneezing powder. I looked up a half hour later and I saw Rainbow Dash moving a cloud near the town hall. She looked annoyed and she said,

"Pinkie!" I then heard another voice say.

"Oh, heh heh. I mean, That's good." I smiled as I realize theirs about to prank spike and the princess at the same time. I roll my eyes. I decided to give her a warning. I run to the town hall.

"Wait!" I call to them."

"huh?" Asked pinkie. "Oh, Hi lightning!"

"Can I send a message before you do this?"

"Uh sure." She shrugs. I run inside.

"Hey, spike. I need your dragon fire to send a message to Celestia."

"This must be important. You've never sent a message before."

"It's kinda important. She's about to be pranked via you."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Spoilers."

"Alright." He shrugs and I write down a message to her.

"Dear Celestia.

Watch out for falling scrolls.

Lightningman." I rolled it up tight and sealed it.

"Thanks, spike. You can send it now." He nodded and took a deep breath. He blew the Dragonfire.

"Ok. Now if you'll excuse me lightningman. I need to bring these scrolls back to the library. Twilight needs them."

"Alright." I open the door for him and I have a smirk on under my mask. "After you." He walks through and suddenly there's a loud thundering.

"Gah!" There's silence and then "Hiccup........ Hiccup....." I walk out to see pinkie pie laughing and Rainbow dash about to laugh.

"Haha... Hiccup.... Good ..hiccup... one pinkie.... hiccup... pie." Spike laughs "Your.... hiccup.... always pulling.... hiccup.... a fast one..... hiccup.... one me." He goes and picks up and scroll and hiccups. sending the scroll to Princess Celestia.

"Oh no. Did you burn yourself?" Asked pinkie pie.

"Nah... Dragons are... hiccup.... Fireproof." He then goes and picks up a bunch more and hiccups again. "I wish the same..... hiccup..... were true for scrolls." He proceeds to pick them all up. After each one hiccuping and sending them to Princess Celestia.

"Ha Ha! Rainbow Dash. Did ever see anything funnier?"

"I can think of one thing." I cover my ears and she stomps the thundercloud. making a loud sound.

"Eep!" pinkie pie says She then hiccups. She laughs while hiccuping.

"Pinkie Pie. I didn't take you for a prankster."

"Oh yeah.... hiccup.... Pranks are harmless..... hiccup... and all in good fun. Hiccup.... And pinkie pie loves..... hiccup.... fun!" She says

"You're not so annoying after all. You want to hang out and prank some more?" Pinkie then proceeds to be so excited, every time she hiccups she is sent flying. She kept babbling. rainbow held out her hoof and pinkie pie stops into it.

"Just a simple nod will do."

"mmmhhhhmmmm" Pinkie nods.

"You'll need this stuff. And I'm joining you." I hand them the sneezing powder, the black eye, invisible ink and washable paint.

"What's this for?"

"For your pranks!" I smile brightly. "Come on!" I begin to walk to Rarity's

"Oh..." Rainbow Dash then gets an idea and whispers in Pinkie's ear. "Hey.. Watch this." She pulls out some itching powder. She unscrews the cap and throws it at me.

"Huh?" I feel the itching powder all over my clothes. "God damn it."I begin to itch like crazy. I growl. "I'll get you!" I reach into my pocket and pull out a card called Annihilating Fire.

"What's that?" They both ask. I proceed to hold it out and say.

"The most impressive performances can only be done once. Annihilating fire!" I get engulfed by flames, but they don't harm me. It burns off the itching powder and leaves my suit and mask intact. The flames die down and their jaws drop to the ground when they saw what I did. I pick up the itching powder and dump it all on them. They both itch like mad and laugh.

"Alright, you got us. We'll see you at rarity's for the prank." I nod and they go to get the itching powder off of them. I stretch and walk towards Rarities. But not before spike comes to me and asks.

"How did you know Celestia was going to be pranked?" He gives the scroll in his hand to me and I read it.

"Dear lightningman.

How did you know about the scrolls?

Princess Celestia.

Bringer of the Sun

Exiler of Nightmare Moon.

Sister of Princess Luna

She-Who-hold-more-titles-than-thou."

I smile and shake my head and say to Spike. "There's a griffin that's coming tomorrow. This happens to be the beginning of one of Twilight's friendship lessons.'

"Oh. Alright?" He nods uncertainly. I then write down on the back of the scroll that Celestia gave me

"Show off. And I knew because of magic." I roll it up and send it back. I walk towards rarity's house and spike heads to Twilights.
----------------------------------------------- A Half Hour later ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You think she's home?" Pinkie pie asks me and Rainbow Dash as we hide behind a bush to watch events unfold.

"Yeah, she is. This is going to be hilarious!"

Rarity looked around and spotted a basket of flowers. She smiled a bit and leaned down and sniffed them. When she emerges again, her nose was covered with sneezing powder.

"Ahh... AHhh... AHH-CHOO!" She sneezes and I smile while Pinkie and Rainbow are holding up the sneezing powder and laughing. Pinkie accidentally drops it and she sneezes, blowing us all away from the house.

"Oh crap. If we continue at this speed, we'll be flattened!" I reach for a card and i pull it out. Chapel Geist.

"GEIST! I CALL YOU!" The card glows and a white ghost chained with chains comes out.

"Stop our momentum!" I say quickly. He reaches out a ghostly hand and slows us down, so when we do hit the wall, its' only a rough bump, instead of instantly dying. I stretch and look at geist. He had a total of 50 chain links left. Now, as i look at him, one of the links disappear, making 49.

"Thanks Geist. You can go back to looking for people to help now." I smile as he nods and glows. He disappears and i look at the glowing card in my hand. I put it back and Rainbow dash asks

"What was that?" She asks surprised and scared at the same time.

"His name was Chapel Geist." I sigh and repeat what the description is on the card. "Death has bound it with chains of past regrets. Forever it searches for atonement, each kindness removing a single link."

"And how did you call him?" to this i hold up the card.

"I made these earlier today. I have a bunch more."

"Wait, you mean you can call on more creatures like that?"

"Yep, that fire that engulfed me was one of the spells from the card." I answer

"You are just getting more and more powerful aren't you? Soon enough you'll probably be able to lift the sun and moon without breaking a sweat!" She smiles. "That's so awesome!" I shrug a bit and then say.

"So you want to continue pranking?"

"Oh yeah! Who's next?"

"Twilight."

"Easy, invisible ink!" Pinkie Pie says happily.

"Yeah, but how are we going to get in there without her noticing us?"

"Leave that to me." I smile and pull out another card. This one was called snakeform

"Losing his possessions distressed him, but the lack of limbs was strangely liberating." I say quietly before i was surrounded by white light. The next thing i knew, i was on the ground wriggling on my belly.

"Ok, put the tub on my back." I hiss at them. They look at each other before they put it on me. I slowly wriggle through the door. i see Twilight's ink. She was somewhere downstairs at the moment. I dump the ink out of her ink container and put in the invisible ink. I then slither out the door again and to my clothes.

"Here, take it and then pull out a card called disssssspell." I hiss. Rainbow dash takes it and looks through my pockets for the cards. She finds the card and holds it out to me.

"Alright. While pointing the front of the card at me, say the description." I say.

"Ok... um...." She points the front of the card at me. "Civilization will subsume us unless we overwhelm it instead?" She says questioningly. The white light surrounds me again. I'm back on my feet. I quickly grab my stuff while their temporarily blinded and i put my clothes back on. I finally pull them mask back on.

"Thanks girls." I stretch. I put all my possessions back where they were supposed to go.

"Alright. Let's go look in her window right now."

PreviousChapters Next