• Published 31st May 2017
  • 2,960 Views, 151 Comments

The True Me - lightningman



How will a teenage superhero react when he is dropped into the one place he figured he would have no work to do? and how will he react when he falls in love with someone from that world. Join him in this adventure of love, and confusion

  • ...
41
 151
 2,960

Chapters Next
Chapter 1 - Intro

My Name is Damyon Chapman. And this is the story of my life. Well, the most interesting part about it. Now I know you clicked on this story to see me in Equestria but that starts next chapter. This just gives me a little bit of backstory.

I was 15 years old and I was in grade 9. I had Dyed dark blue hair with hazel eyes that switched between Brown and strangely bright yellow. My hair used to be brown but I didn’t like it like that. I was going to unveil my hair when something happened. I’ll tell you about that later. I had a Michael Hill watch and a very cool looking ring as well as a necklace with a small diamond in the centre of it. I have black BMW glasses that are thick even when condensed. I was wearing a white sweater with a striped blue white and green jacket that are striped horizontally.

It was very close to summer and Everyone thought I was weird since I'm still wearing my winter jacket. I have to agree except for two reasons. 1. I love how much storage I have in my jacket. It holds everything that I would need for wherever I need to go. For example, it holds a small first aid kit. A Survival knife and my wallet. I also had headphones in it that I brought everywhere I go. 2. It was basically my self-trademarked look.

I was also wearing green shorts with black shoes. I had a large backpack that was filled to the brim with stuff that didn’t have anything to do with school. I had a portable tv case with my Xbox in it. I also had a bunch of food in it just in case I need it. I had everything I would possibly need to survive out in the wild for a week.

You can probably guess that I was a very big nerd having all these precautions. This was true enough but I was not a nerd academic wise, but video game wise. I had every Xbox that had been created. Going from the original Xbox to the Xbox one S. and everything in between. The Xbox One S was the one that was hooked into my portable tv case. During lunch, I would take it out and play on it. In fact, I was part of a video game club that came together every Monday and Friday. We usually play Super Smash Bros for the Wii U. But enough about how geeky I am.

Now you would think my schedule would be the same almost every day. Wake up, eat, go to school, eat at lunch, continue school, home, eat, go to bed. But in real life, my schedule was much more complicated than that. In fact usually, I was home at 8 or 9 at the earliest. This was due to a very complicated turn of events that only I know about.

You see, I was a superhero in my world. I was walking my dog home during a storm when I got struck by lightning. I absorbed all the electricity and heat from it and my dog remained fine. A little shaken when he saw I was almost completely unharmed, but he was fine. From the accident, I gained powers that I learned to use over the course of a month.

I made myself a suit as extra credit in my sewing class in grade 7. It fitted my body perfectly and nobody would have a clue it was me.Here is what it the symbol looked like

Now the full suit looked like this

You can guess how my teacher reacted when she saw how good it looked. Eventually, I mastered my powers and after school every day, I would put on my costume and save people. So far I had saved 50 people from petty theft and 20 people from car crashes. I didn't have an arch-nemesis since I was a little-known hero. Plus I didn't fight my crime in a major city like new York or even Toronto. I worked in Medicine Hat, where I had lived all my life.

Nobody knew that I was the one saving them. In fact, they rarely even saw my costume as I saved them so fast. I never talked when I had my mask on since I didn't have a voice manipulator embedded in it. I needed to find the technology to do that.

But I also had many other secrets that only my very close friend knew about. Not even my parents knew about them. You may find that weird but I had always had trouble letting my parents into my life. Not only would they tease me unmercifully but one my dad wasn't even my real dad. I don't hold that against him, in fact, I like him. he was fun, he was a video game nerd like me. only better looking. But the main reason that I didn't want to share stuff with them is the teasing my part.

For example, I kissed a girl for the first time last year and they teased me about it for a week. So you can see why I could NEVER tell them I was a brony. Let alone letting them know their son was the person who saved a lot of people on a daily basis. The only people who knew about me being a brony was people who found out about it accidentally. I was teased about it a little but other than that they were very nice about it. One of the perks being a school where everyone was accepted. But any way you probably want to know what happened to me when I was going to unveil my blue hair.

I was walking to my final class of the day when suddenly the building shook. it was an earthquake. We had never gotten any earthquakes before so I didn't know how the building integrity would hold up. I pulled the fire alarm and changed into lightningman. (That was the name of the superhero that I was.)

I rushed into the buildings looking for people who needed help. I spotted someone stuck under a pillar while a bunch of people were trying to pick it back up. I got stares at me as I pushed the others off it and picked it up. I recognized the student I saved. Her name was Faith Scrivener and I had a crush on her for a few months now. But I knew I would never be able to get her. That's not because I was afraid of stating my feelings. in fact, I told her how I felt. Through notes, I put in her locker. But she found out who was leaving them and she hasn't talked to me since.

At first, when she saw who had rescued her, she was apprehensive. But then she came and hugged me.

"Thank you. What's your name?" asked Faith as she kept hugging me

"You already know both my names," I say so only she could hear. I then pull her off. This was true about knowing both of my names. Because I had a youtube channel that was called Lightningman. Someone had found out about it. And now the whole grade knows. They just won't let go of it. (NO FUCKING FROZEN REFERENCES!)

Faith recognized my voice as looked at me with a mixture of disgust, surprise, and sadness. I then cleared my throat and yelled in my deepest voice at everyone

"Get out of the building. It's collapsing. I'm looking for anyone else that needs help!" Suddenly the building shook again and I realized the ends of the hallway were blocked. I looked around I had an idea. I blew a hole in the ceiling and I picked them all up.

it was only like 4 or 5 people. I jumped as hard as I could and made it on the roof. I then got to the rest of the school students and teachers and gave them to their respective teachers. But before Faith could go I said to her

"Don't tell anyone my real identity Ok?" Faith looked at me and a few seconds later she nodded. "Thanks. Now go. I still need to see if there is anyone else in there."

I looked around the school once more and saved 3 more people. and when I brought them out the teachers did their rolecall. But my homeroom teacher Ms. Martin realized I wasn't there.

"Damyon?! Where are you?!" she called. I went to her and said in my deep voice.

"Don't worry. He's safe," I said as I tried to calm her down

"I'm his teacher and I'm responsible for him." She said to me.

I sighed and said. "One sec." I went and got my backpack from out of the collapsing building. I changed and came out to the back of the school. I then walked over to my classmates and said "Hi. Were you doing roll call? Lightningman helped me out a few minutes ago."

Everyone looked slightly relieved to see that I was fine. I looked at Faith for a second and she had an expressionless face. I smiled at everyone. But suddenly the ground shook once more and something opened up behind me. It was blindingly white. it seemed to suck me in, but no one else.

"This must be what's causing the earthquakes!" I said to everyone.

"Where's that dude in the mask! He should be able to stop this!" Said, Ms. Martin, as she kept a hold on me to stop me from flying into the portal

"Yeeeeaaaaah. About that." I sighed and knew I had to show them to save them. I planted my feet on the earth so that I didn't move. I then opened my backpack and brought out my mask. I then put it on and they saw it fitted me perfectly. Everyone looked at me in amazement

"Your him?" Ms. Martin said quietly. I nodded and said

"I'll be back soon." I grabbed my backpack and put it on. With that, I was sucked into the portal.

Chapters Next