• Published 23rd May 2017
  • 728 Views, 92 Comments

Meet me in Maretonia - Paradise Oasis



Fiesta Flair leads a group of Equestrian ponies to her homeland of Maretonia, where a simple vacation could turn into a quest to save all of Ponydom

  • ...
1
 92
 728

El Capitulo Uno

Ponyville, three hundred years after the age of the harmony bearers

"Come on, niña! You can do it!" The mare called out. "Just aim carefully, an' you can hit the pinata!"

The little blindfolded filly swung around wildly at the air, desperately trying to hit the paper mache pony in front of her, as her little friends cheered her on. Finally, the little Pegasus managed to strike it with a loud SMACK! Breaking the colorful animal into pieces, and showering the happy foals at the party with candy.

"Muy bien! That's it, little ones!" The mare laughed, smiling as the children gathered up the candy. "Now, once you all get your candy, everybody fiesta!"

The children ran around the tables excitedly; running jumping and playing while the older ponies watched them from the back. For the mare who had planned this birthday for the little Pegasus filly, this filled her heart with the greatest joy. She enjoyed nothing more than putting smiles on the faces of everybody around her. When the time came to sing 'happy birthday' to the little girl, the mare pulled out her pair of maracas- ones that matched her cutie mark- and began to shake them in each hoof as she sang.

"Estas son las mañanitas que cantaba el-♪ The mare looked up, to see all the other ponies at the party staring at her, dumbfounded. "Oh, perdón. I got carried away." Blushing from embarrassment, she put the maracas away. "A happy birthday to you, a happy birthday to you-"

Everybody still enjoyed the rest of the ponies still greatly enjoyed the party, and the filly's parents still thanked Fiesta afterward. But she could still tell her mistake had upset them, they just didn't let it show. Blast it, she had just gotten carried away! Surely other ponies could understand she was just expressing her excitement in her own special way, even if it was different! But the thought of her excitement brought something else that had been bothering her to the surface, even as she looked around at the town around her.

"Oh great, dis is just what I needed." The yellow earth pony with the red mane sighed. "Another boring day in Ponyville!"

And she couldn't help thinking that- it was the truth! Ponyville was a very, very boring place these days, nothing ever exciting or fun ever seemed to happen around here. Oh, it had once been a very exciting little town, filled with monster attacks and friendship problems. But since the towns heroes, ponies like Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash, had cleaned it up- well, things just weren't as exciting as they used to be anymore, now were they? The mare wished she had been around in those days of Excitement, before the town became as boring, happy, and predictable as it was now. All the mare could do was sigh, as she went about her day to day business at the towns shops and stores.

"The same ol' routine as always." The pony with the maracas cutie mark sighed aloud, talking to no one in particular. "Que Pena!"

"There you are, Fiesta Flair!" A green mare with a three- candy cutie mark called out, galloping up to her friend across the town plaza. "I've been looking everywhere you you! i need your help with-" She looked at the expression on the other mare's face. "Is something wrong, Fiesta?"

"Oh, es de nada, Minty... is nothing." Fiesta replied, turning her head away. "I'm just tired of the same ol, same old, around here, ya know?"

"Wait, you're bored with Ponyville? Well, that's just silly!" Minty giggled, hopping around happily on her sock-covered hooves. "There's always something going on in this town.. tough I'm usually the one causing it, heh..."

"Aw, gracias for trying to cheer me up, Minty, but I no think it gonna work this time." Fiesta sighed again, kicking a pebble across the street with her right hoof. "I need a change of scenery, and I have been thinking about leaving Ponyville, and going to Maretonia for a visit,"

"Maretonia? As in... the place where your parents came from?" Minty asked, thinking for a minute. "Oh, Fiesta... you're homesick, aren't you?"

"Well, sort of, I guess." The sullen mare replied, as the two friends started to trot down the street. "I mean, I haven't been these since I was a little filly, an' with Ponyville being so aburridisimo, I'd like to visit the place I came from, learn my roots.... you know?"

Fiesta had been so busy talking about her troubles, that she had failed to notice the two had arrived at Minty's house, where another stallion and mare were already waiting for the two of them. The mare was a white Pegasus with a rainbow-colored mane and paint brush cutie mark, and the stallion was a blue earth pony, with a red mane and bridge cutie mark.

"Oh, hello there ..." A surprised Fiesta greeted the two newcomers. "Minty, are these friends of yours?"

"Well well well, it's funny you should bring that up, Fiesta, 'cause that just what I wanted to talk to you about." Minty replied. "Fiesta, this is Fresco and Watercolors. Fresco, Watercolors... this is Fiesta Flair, the mare I told you about."

"Oh, hello there..." The shy-sounding mare greeted her, extending her hoof nervously. "It's very nice to meet you, Miss Flair. Miss Minty has told me all about your parties, and I must say, they sound really lovely."

"Gracias, seniorita I do try my best." Fiesta turned towards Fresco. "Say, haven't I seen you around town? I think working on the Ponyville bridge?"

"That's right, my special talent is designing bridges and structures." The stallion replied with a smile. "I think I saw you too... at Princess Wysteria' s coronation ceremony a few years back, I believe."

"Si, that was one of my parties. It's my special talent." Fiesta replied proudly. "What, you two want me to throw a fiesta for you?"

"No, they want you to take them to Maretonia, and act as their guide." Minty replied, as Fiesta's eyes went wide in shock. "I know you haven't been there since you were a filly, but that better that two ponies who've never been there at all."

"We've been called by the duke and duchess of Maretonia to help with the restoration of royal buildings and art." Watercolors replied, flexing her wings. "Think you can come along and help us out?"

Her jaw nearly hitting the floor, Fiesta Flair quickly thought again how out of place she felt n Ponyville, and how bored she had been, thinking of the chance to see her homeland again, and get some excitement back into her life, Fiesta replied to her question with three simple little words;

"CLARO QUE SI!"