• Published 23rd May 2017
  • 340 Views, 2 Comments

Cupcakes and Corrupted Souls - Lunara



A human Pinkie Pie discovers the Underground after a traumatic event, but will she be able to start a new life there, or are her past scars to much to bear?

  • ...
 2
 340

Part Two

Pinkie worked until the sky turned a deep honey-color, and until it was laced with pinpricks of light, and a little bit after, but still only managed to just barely finish rotating two of the rock fields. Groaning and rubbing her sore back, she headed back to the house, hoping her parents had forgotten about her punishment. Cupcakes seemed to be asleep, which gave Pinkie free reign to berate herself.

Stupid, stupid Pinkie! This is all your fault. I don't belong here, I’m too weird. No wonder my whole family hates me.

Well, that wasn't true… Limestone liked her. It didn't really matter though, as Limestone never had time to hang out with her. Running the whole farm usually took up all of her time. And besides, there was something oddly soothing in verbally beating herself up.

I should have told Stormy I liked him years ago, but NO, I had to be all shy. Not okay, Pinkie! Maud made the right choice in asking him out before me, she deserves a nice guy. I don't.

Opening the front door of the house as quietly as possible, she slipped inside and sprinted towards the kitchen, hoping to get to her ‘room’ before anyone noticed her.

She pushed open the kitchen door, only to shriek in surprise. Her parents were both standing in the kitchen, angry glares on their faces.

Why are they only mean to me?

"So, Pinkamena…” Her mother said, picking a knife off the counter and examining the blade.

Pinkie instinctively took a step back. She didn't like knifes. Mostly because she felt strangely comfortable around them.
Ever since she was a child, she had been able to take a knife, any knife, and throw it from any distance and hit a target with startling accuracy. Juggling them, hand to hand combat, anything with knives and she was an expert.

But everyone had begun to avoid her, avoid the girl with the knives, and so one day she had tried to do a performance, to prove once and for all that her skill wasn't a bad thing. Limestone had volunteered to be strapped to a spinning piece of wood, confident in Pinkie’s abilities.

The first four knives had hit the wood easily, far away from the spinning child. She had lifted the fifth and final knife, and in a moment of nervousness, looked out at the crowd, gazing to her parents for support. But instead being met with the usual loving expressions, there was only cool disinterest and… anger? Shocked, Pinkie hadn't even looked when she threw the blade.

She could still hear Limestone’s screams and cries of pain to that day, and every time Limestone walked by her, Pinkie could discern the slight limp, and her gaze always drifted to her sister’s left thigh where she knew the scar was, and guilt would flood through her, sometimes enough guilt to bring her to tears. Limestone had forgiven her immediately after waking, but that didn't make it any easier.

Pinkie took a deep breath and returned to her present task of staring warily at the knife.

“We’ve been thinking. You’ve been a particularly disobedient child this past year, haven’t you?" It was very obviously not a question.

Pinkie flicked her eyes over to her mother’s face. Something felt very wrong. Of course, things had felt wrong for a long time now…

“Maybe it’s time… We taught you a LESSON!” Quartz lunged at Pinkie, who screamed louder than she thought herself possible and jumped back, slamming her elbow against the wall. The knife only grazed her left cheek, and she raised her hand to the cut in shock, staring at the red liquid on her fingers when she pulled it back. It all happened in less than two seconds.

Pinkie was to startled to even speak. They had attacked her... consciously. She would have gone into a full blown panic attack, but luckily Limestone’s voice shook her out of it.

“Pinkie?” Limestone called down, concern in her voice. “Are you okay?”

“She’s fine!” Igneous yelled, and began advancing on Pinkie, who unfroze and looked up at him with fear. He pulled his fist back, and at the same time Pinkie screamed in her head,

For the love of god please help me!

T i m e f o r s o m e m u r d e r

Pinkie felt something seep into her consciousness. It somehow felt reminiscent of a warm hug, enshrouding her like a protective barrier, so she let it in.

Swirling thoughts that were not hers flooded her brain, in a guttural language she could not ever even hope to understand. They were Cupcakes’ thoughts, and it was her presence, she realized. Why would she think in a different language? There was no time to find the answers to such questions, however, as a battle was about to begin.

######

Cupcakes awoke to Pinkie’s terrified scream. She saw… Pinkie’s parents? Why were they… no. There weren't. Rage filled her SOUL. T i m e f o r s o m e m u r d e r

She threw her mind into Pinkie’s, which felt as weird as it sounds. Pinkie allowed her to do it, making the process much easier. Her mind reverberated from the force of Pinkie's thoughts, a jumble of panicked words and images, barreling by too fast for her to understand. Cupcakes saw their hands turn dark grey.

Cupcakes blinked her eyes, took in a deep breath, and turned her head up to see the man’s fist coming at her.
With a small giggle, she shoved one foot against the wall and pushed, using the force to launch her entire body at the man. His punch faltered out of shock, and she crashed into him, knocking him to the ground, despite her small size. Cupcakes was laughing even harder now, and used her momentum to roll to her feet, rising and spinning to meet Quartz with roundhouse kick, wiping more blood away from the cut Pinkie had somehow gotten on their cheek.

“You know,” Cupcake grinned, turning to face Igneous, who had gotten to his feet quickly. “Normally a maneuver like that wouldn't have worked, but… I've never played by the rules.”

Igneous grabbed the knife from Quart’s limp hand, clumsily charging at the gray skinned girl, who casually flicked her hair out of her face, ran towards the man, and dropped into a roll through this legs. She kicked out both legs, hitting him directly in the crotch with the full power of her lower body on her way by. He went down like a rock.

Pinkie took control, and jumped to her feet. She took the knife away from Igneous, flipping it into the air and catching it. She slammed the hilt of the blade down hard on the man’s nose, breaking it completely and splattering the two of them with his blood.

She’s getting up! Turning her head, her cruel smirk widening, Cupcakes looked down at the woman Pinkie had once called mother clambering to her feet and pulling out another knife, swiping the blade at the young girl. Cupcakes deftly raised her own knife to block the hit, and pushed the woman’s blade back, then weaved underneath it to just barely dig the cool metal into her neck.

“…w-what are you?” Quartz asked in a quavering voice, trying not to widen the small cut that was already growing larger on her throat. Blood oozed out of it, creating red stains on her shirt.

Cupcakes grinned, and took a few steps back, before launching herself at the woman. To her credit, Quartz did manage to raise the knife in self-defense before the girl did a flying flip over her, and landing on the counter behind her. She grabbed Quartz’s left arm and pulled back, up, and over, until it was torn completely out of it’s socket with a sickening squelch. Quartz screamed in pain, but was cut off when Cupcakes slammed the woman’s own dislocated arm into her nose, breaking it, and then into her mouth, knocking out a few teeth.

Quartz stared at the seemingly defenseless girl, who just watched while Quartz gasped for breath. She didn't even have enough energy to scream anymore.

Watch out! Pinkie moved their arms, swinging Quartz to the side to block yet another knife that a barely standing Igneous had thrown. It lodged itself deeply in one of the woman’s lungs.

Pinkie let go of the woman, who crumpled to the ground. She lithely dropped down from the table, ran over the body on the the floor, and threw an underhanded punch into the man’s chin. His head flew back, followed by the rest of him, and he dropped to the floor, blood staining the tile. She turned around to look at Quartz, whose mouth was open and gaping, choking on the blood that was filling up her punctured lung.

“What am I…” The girl wiped a stray bit of blood off of her nose, flicking it onto the man on the ground. Cupcakes and Pinkie were both moving the same mouth at the same time, a demonic presence filling their body.

“Well, I’d say…” They leapt down from the counter, and when they landed, they drove their feet into Igneous, breaking his leg. The resounding crack caused Quartz to flinch, but neither of the girls even batted an eye.

“I’m the creature that’s going to erase you from this world.” It was just Cupcakes that spoke the last few words, but her voice was low, and deeply disturbing, filling the two adults with utter horror. Inky blood dripped from her eyes and mouth, staining the ground, but leaving her clothes and face untouched. Tiles touched by the liquid melted away, as if drenched in acid.

Cupcakes pulled back her fist, and slammed it into the woman’s nose, dissolving it into a bloody mess.

######

Limestone practically threw herself down the stairs. “Pinkie?” She called again. She heard a few crashes down in the kitchen. She wasn’t so sure Pinkie was safe. Lately, their parents had been looking at Pinkie in a way that made Limestone very worried. She’d mentioned it to Maud a couple times, but the gray-skinned woman hadn’t seemed to care.

Slamming open the door to the stair, Limestone entered the living room, and forced herself to look around. It was completely empty, besides Pinkie Pie sitting on the couch, peeling an apple with a steak knife, whilst leaning her cheek on her shoulder.

“You okay, Pinkie?” Limestone said cautiously. Isn’t she afraid of knives?

Her sister nodded, grinning at her. It was slightly unnerving, and not the kind of smile that usually graced Pinkie’s delicate features. Her skin and hair looked sort of odd too… Just the lighting, she supposed.

“Where’d mom and dad go?”

“They went out to get groceries, I think?” Pinkie’s voice sounded a little off… But it was very obvious their parents weren’t in the house.

“Alright. Just call if you need something, then.”

######

Cupcakes listened to Limestone ascend the stairs, waiting until it was quiet to walk back into the kitchen and pull out a knife cleaning set from a drawer. Pinkie had fainted almost right after the fight ended, leaving her in control.

The adrenaline had been the only thing that had kept the shock, fear, anxiety, and many other emotions at bay for Pinkie. As soon as that ebbed, well, all of those feelings had come rushing back at once for the poor teenager.

Cupcakes moved the piece of wood leading to the cellar, jumping down. She gathered all of Pinkie’s belongings, which only took a minute, as there wasn’t much. Just some clothes along with couple journals and sketchbooks. Shoving them, two very sharp knives, and the knife cleaner into the backpack still slung across her back, she yawned, stretching her dark grey arms over her head.

Pinkie really needs to build up her endurance… She shook her body a little bit, as if to shake the exhaustion off, blood red strands of hair whipping around her. Cupcakes felt a small smile, a real smile, not a cruel smirk, spread across her face at seeing her real hair after so long.

She walked over to where the two adults were laying on the floor. The woman was as good as dead, she only had a minute or two left. But the man…

She flipped the knife above her head, letting it spin one full revolution, then snatched it by the hilt, right of the air. Seeing as Pinkie’s going to be asleep for quite awhile… I don’t think you suffered enough.

As Cupcakes had predicted, the woman never awoke. The man did. Cupcakes had to use all of Pinkie’s blankets to mop up the blood.


######

Pinkie Pie woke up to see, once again, through Cupcakes’ eyes. She appeared to be running across the rock fields, away from the house. The moon rose over their head, silver blue light flooding the farm. Why was Cake running?... Were they doing a marathon?

Memories came rushing back all at once for the poor girl.

THEY TRIED TO KILL ME! She wanted to cry, but couldn’t, since she was currently lacking a physical form.

Cupcakes stopped running for a moment, then resumed. Ow, by the way. Just because it’s in my head doesn’t mean it can’t be loud.

OhmygodwhywhywhywhywhywhywhatdidIdowhywouldtheydothatwhyohmygodwhywhy-

Calm do- No, wait, I just realized that is probably a completely normal reaction. Okay, uh… Take a deep breath? Cupcakes now leaping over fallen logs, and weaving around the pine trees.

With what?!? I don’t have a body! I don’t have a body? How is that even possible? Have I gone insane? I bet that’s it. Okay, so… Uh… what do I do? Shouldn’t realizing I’m insane make me not insane? I don't know what's happening right now! Pinkie tried to hyperventilate, only to end up mentally screaming in frustration.

Okay that didn’t work at all… Do you want control of your body back? You can, only condition is that you have to keep running once the sun rises, cause, well… Someone’s probably called the police by now… I may have gone a little overboard. Cupcakes started to climb a tree, wolves howling in the background.

…I’m really hoping this is you trying to scare me out of my shock?

Unfortunately, no. You okay with going to Canada?

That bad?

The only way it could be worse is if had I bombed the capital.

Pinkie pushed on the mental barrier, assuming control of the body. The first thing she felt was the stinging pain in her arm and cheek. She faintly remembered hurting her arm, but… Pinkie touched her hand to her face, and she gasped in pain, feeling a deep cut and still-warm rivulets of blood staining her fingers. Sighing, she leaned against the trunk of the tree, mutely thanking her lucky stars it wasn’t winter, and pressing the sleeve of her sweater against the cut to stop the blood.

Focusing, Pinkie could tell that Cupcakes was asleep, passed out after the sudden exertion. Pinkie couldn’t bring herself to be mad at Cupcakes for getting them in trouble, as she had gotten them out of there alive.

She froze completely when she heard sirens, and waited a full minute before slowly moving her head towards the sound. Pinkie could see the faint outline of her… that… house, on the horizon. Despite the late hour, all of the lights in the house were on, and she could see small pinpricks of blue and red light sitting on top of what she assumed were police cars. Squinting, she managed make out two people wheeling a stretcher into an ambulance.

Pinkie sighed and turned her head away from the scene. Thinking about it wasn't helping her current state, and so she instead tried to focus on the situation she was currently stuck in.

Alright, so hiding with a relative is out since the police will soon be trying to find me. I’d never make it all the way to Canada…

Hearing a wolf howl far in the distance, Pinkie scanned the area with worry. She didn’t see any wolves, but she did see something more important. Mt. Ebott. It was very close, she wouldn’t even have to leave the woods, and better yet, no one dared to go there. She’d take haunted over jail any day. Her destination in mind, Pinkie quickly fell into a deep sleep.

######

Cupcakes awoke around mid-morning, (as far as she could tell,) to see that Pinkie was hiking up a rather steep hill. The young girl was walking with purpose and determination. Morning. I’m guessing you have a plan?

…yup. Pinkie sounded more despondent and angry than Cupcakes had ever heard her be before. Were her hands grayer than usual? Or had they never returned to pink?

Do I get to know the plan?

You won’t like it, so no. The reply was curt, and Pinkie started to sprint up the mountain, beginning to pant almost immediately.

Where are we, then?

Mt. Ebott. We didn’t have any other options.

That sounded rather grim for Pinkie Pie.

They continued onwards for a an hour or two, leafy foliage and sharp rocks flying by them as they scaled the mountain. Cupcakes made a few more attempts to start a conversation, only to have Pinkie growl a one-word response and go quiet. Cupcakes gave up trying to talk, and entered a meditative state.

Pinkie jolted her out of her reverie. Huh. What a weird place for a pit. Do you think this is a extinct volcano?

The girl was leaning over a cliff, looking down into a deep hole that seemed to bottomless. It was like the light refused to shine down.

I suppose it could be… And please be careful. It’s really not safe here.

Pinkie said nothing, just got up and turned towards a solitary tree near the hole. A willow tree of some kind. The girl lovingly stroked the bark, smiling. They’d both always loved willow trees. The smile left her face when she reached under shirt, pulling off four necklaces, leaving one hanging around her neck. Cupcakes remembered the little trinkets. Pinkie had made them out of rock candy years ago, one to represent each of the members of her family, done in the colors of their skin and hair. Pinkie took Maud’s, Marble’s, and her parents’, slowly pulling all of the rocks off of the cords.

Whoa, wait. What are you doing?

Pinkie didn’t answer. She took the rocks and threw them on the ground, cracking a few. She stomped her foot down on them with an anguished scream, smashing them to bits.

Stop! I know you, you’re going to regret this!

No, I won’t! They aren’t my family. In fact, I never knew them, as far as I care. She kicked and pounded them until they were little pebbles, tears streaming down her face.

Taking in deep shuddering breaths, Pinkie took the cords that the rocks had hung on, wrapping each one around a separate branch. Once she finished, she pulled out Limestone’s necklace to look at it, not taking it off.

“I’m sorry. I should have said goodbye to you.” Pinkie whispered to the necklace, and images of Pinkie’s nicest and loudest sister flooded through Cupcakes’ mind.

Goodbye?

Pinkie stalked back to the pitch-black pit, letting the necklace bounce freely against her chest. She took a deep breath.

NO! Don’t you dare! Please!

I’m sorry, Cupcakes. I love you. Thank you for being my best friend…

Pinkie jumped.

Comments ( 2 )

This story sounds pretty cool! Great job on the description, it really caught my eye!

8184732
Thanks! :twilightsmile: I hope you enjoy the story!

Login or register to comment