• Published 11th Jul 2012
  • 3,333 Views, 130 Comments

Fallout Equestria — S.A.T. - Faindragon



"The only thing I can remember is waking up in a clinic, sealed inside a room..."

  • ...
6
 130
 3,333

Awakening

”He’s awake! Someone, sedate him again -- he won’t survive for long!”

I slowly opened my eyes, which were heavy with fatigue. A bright light was shining from above, and there were dark shapes moving all around. “Where… Where am I?” I slurred. “What… What happened?” A sudden beeping pierced my mind, shattering it as if it was glass. Screaming in pain, I tried to bring my hooves up to cover my ears, but they refused to obey.

“Sedate him,” the same voice called out again, somehow overpowering the beeping. “Or we will lose him!”

I thrashed from side to side, trying to block out the piercing beeping, screaming all the while.

“Hold him down,” another voice called out. “Keep him still!”

I felt the metallic taste of blood in my mouth. The smell of it filled my nostrils. I noticed a dull pain shooting throughout my entire body, but it was nothing compared to the piercing pain in my head. I felt something being jabbed into my legs, then again, and again. Slowly the pain faded away, leaving me with nothing but darkness.

{~_~}

“Warning, primary energy source offline. Initiating backup energy source,” a calm, feminine voice stated. The origin of the voice was hard to pinpoint, but it had nonetheless stirred me awake.

I groaned as I slowly opened my eyes, instantly closing them again at the bright light shining directly down at me. I could feel the beginnings of a headache...

“Secondary energy source online,” the voice purred. “Calculating.”

Where am I? I thought as I tried to bring up a hoof to massage my head, only to find out that I couldn’t move it. I wasn’t being held or strapped down, but whatever I was lying in was too small to move around in. I snapped my eyes open, resisting the urge to close them again as the blinding light made my headache worse.

“Warning, secondary energy source insufficient. Unable to maintain complete stasis. Scanning.”

The dazzling light forced me to squint with my right eye, while my left eye seemed unaffected by it. I grunted as I moved my head from side to side, quickly realizing that I was trapped inside of something. A transparent dome arched over me, sealing me in, with a comfortable cushion under me. I couldn’t look down at my body, but I could see wires going from the sides of my prison towards the middle of my chest. The only things visible on the other side of the dome were the clinical white walls and ceiling, which were illuminated by a bright light that I couldn’t see.

“Warning: stasis pods 1 through 15 offline, occupants dead. Stasis pod 16 online, occupant alive. Stasis pods 17 through 25 offline, no occupants.”

“Where am I?” I asked, the words coming out as nothing more than a croak. My throat and my mouth felt dry as sandpaper.

“Occupant of stasis pod 16 awake, initiating emergency stabilization program.”

I howled in pain as something drilled into my spine, and had I not been trapped so effectively by the sides of my prison, I would have thrashed from side to side. Through my howling I heard a low humming and the pain that shot through my spine disappeared, leaving me gasping in shock.

“Emergency stabilization program finished.”

I could hear a low hiss as the dome started to rise and fresh air rushed in. The wires that were connected to my chest audibly popped off and retracted into the sides of my prison. I took a ragged breath, my throat raw from the screaming I had done in combination with how dry it already was. The fresh, cold air rushed down it and into my lungs.

“Emerging,” the voice stated.

The cushion which I lay on started to move upwards. I stayed completely still, not daring to move as the cushion continued to rise. The throbbing in my head had nearly dissipated completely at the time I stopped, and I moved my hooves up to massage the last traces of it away.

“Please lie still,” the voice stated as soon as I started to move my hooves. Straps shot out and restrained my legs and chest. Ignoring my protests, the voice continued. “Initiating Assembly Protocol, please stand by.”

”Initiating what?” I asked. Sweat started to form on my brow as I violently moved my head from side to side, trying to understand what was happening.

The cushion I lay upon floated in the air, held up by something I could not see. Numerous small lamps placed around the room were the source of the bright light that illuminated the walls. A number of oval objects, most likely the stasis pods the voice had mentioned before, were attached to the walls. Thick wires connected each one of them with a twisted metal frame that towered above me in the middle of the room. The metal frame was as clean as everything else in the room, and the cold metal twisted the light it reflected. Flames seemed to dance inside it.

“Assembly Protocol. Now please be still. This won’t take long,” the voice chimed with an undertone of irritation.

My eyes stared at my own reflection in the metal frame. Looking back at me was an earth pony with a brown coat and a tan mane. His right eye was bright orange. Parts of the left side of his face were completely gone, replaced with silvery metal. My gaze was met by a mechanical eye, the iris a twisted version of the original orange, now much darker and dirtier. Tearing my eyes away from the face, I allowed my gaze to continue down my body. Pieces of my chest had been replaced with the same cold metal as my face. Snapping my eyes away from the twisted reflection, I lowered my head, looking down at my own body in disbelief. Three of my legs were gone, replaced with a strange metal fitting. Only my right foreleg had remained untouched.

“What happened to me?!"

“For your own safety, please lay still,” the voice protested. More straps shot out and restrained my head to the cushion. “Searching database: Occupant of stasis pod 16.”

“What are you doing to me? What’s going on?!” I wanted to yell, but it came out as nothing more than a rasp. My throat tightened and more sweat ran down from my brow. I would have been shaking, had I not been as restrained as I was.

I heard a soft humming coming from both sides of the room. From the corner of my eye, I saw three metal legs slowly moving towards me, each one in line with the metal fittings. The pain of a thousand needles followed as the legs were screwed into the fittings, causing me to shriek.

“I’m sorry, but I was unable to find any information considering the occupant of stasis pod 16,” the voice apologized before it returned to its cheerful manner. “Assembly Protocol complete, please keep still while I descend you.”

I stayed still as the cushion started to descend outwards and down towards the floor. It was not like I could do anything else, seeing that my head and only working leg were strapped down. Spikes of pain flashed from the three metal legs now fixated to my body, slowly growing in intensity. Each of them felt like an electrical discharge shooting through my body. My vision started to fade, and I felt more than heard my howling emerging as a rasp from my dry throat.

As the straps holding my head and hoof down were removed, I rolled off the cushion and onto the floor into a tight ball. I could feel tears running down my cheeks and onto the cold floor under me as I continued screaming in pain. Then the spikes of agony suddenly stopped. The tears still ran down my cheeks as my vision slowly returned, and my breathing came in short, ragged gasps.

I don’t know how long it took before the tears stopped coming, but once they did, and the pain had faded away completely, I unfolded myself. Rolling over on my back, I brought my only natural hoof up to my throat, massaging it lightly. “What did you just do to me?” I rasped, reeling from the thought of what had happened.

"I assembled you," the voice answered. "Your legs were temporarily stored away while you were in stasis, but I could no longer maintain your stasis, so I thought I should give them back."

"Give them back?!" I shouted, learning the hard way that it made my throat even more sore. "What do you mean, give them back? I didn't even know I'd lost them!" Those last few words caught in my throat, throwing me into a coughing fit.

"Would you like some water?" the voice asked.

I nodded slowly. "Yes, please."

I hadn’t even finished the answer before I could hear the sound of running water behind me. Looking back, I could see a drinking fountain only a couple of steps away.

“I’m sorry. I cannot bring the water any closer than that,” the voice apologized.

I looked at the drinking fountain, then at my legs and then back at the fountain again. Sighing, I tried to move my legs, and, to my surprise, they started moving in unison with each other - metal legs and natural leg alike - without any hesitation or refusal. I just lay there, looking down in surprise at my moving legs. It felt so natural, the way they moved. I was able to roll myself over and stand up.

I nearly fell over when I took the first step forward, my non-mechanical limb suddenly having to support a bigger part of my body weight than before. Without thinking, I put the leg I held in the air down, regaining my balance. Taking a deep, rasping breath, I tried to walk again. This time with a better result, only wobbling slightly as I took the step. Slowly, pausing between each step, I inched closer to the drinking fountain.

As soon as I reached my goal, I took several deep gulps of the water, not caring that it was slightly discolored. The cold water rushing down my throat soothed it with each sip.

I sighed as I removed my muzzle from the water source, my throat feeling much better than it had before. “Thanks,” I said. “The water really did wonders for my throat.”

“I added some healing potion to the water, just to make sure your throat would not be damaged permanently.”

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”

I took a deep breath and allowed my eyes to wander around the room. The metal frame before me took up most of the space, but there was still enough room to move around freely between the pods without any problem. Definitely enough space for me to pace around the room, looking inside the strangely empty pods.

“What is this place?”

“This is Fluttershy’s Clinic. Specifically, we are in the Stabilization Pod Wing.”

“Right,” I muttered. “I was... Stabilized.” I shuddered just thinking about it. “What was I stabilized for?”

“There are two terminals in this room, and I have already searched them both for any information regarding you. I’m sorry, but no such information exists in this room. I cannot connect to the terminals outside to access any information; my connection with them was terminated a long time ago. If you can access them, you might be able to find information about yourself.”

“Are you sure?” I asked.

“Yes. The possibility for any information regarding your existence to be in one of Fluttershy’s Clinic’s terminals is calculated to a possibility of ninety-nine point nine percent. Estimated time for finding it by looking through every terminal in the clinic is two and a half weeks.”

I stopped in my tracks. “Two and a half weeks?” I asked dumbfounded. “How big is this clinic?”

“Fluttershy’s Clinic contains eight floors. Between ten and one hundred and forty-five rooms exist on each floor. Every room has between one and fifteen terminals, for a total number of one thousand and eighty terminals. Eight hundred of these terminals are in the form of Auto-docs, patient terminals, door terminals, room terminals or automatic terminals. Two hundred and fifty of these terminals are used by the doctors and nurses working here, and thirty of these are hosting OSAI Units like myself.”

I sat down, the clonk as my metal haunches hit the floor tiles drenching the grunt I made when I heard about the number of terminals. Suddenly two and a half weeks sounded reasonable. I started to massage my head with my non-mechanical hoof. “OSAI units?” I asked.

“OSAI -- Overseeing and Stabilizing Artificial Intelligence. Created to watch over and make sure that each and every patient is stabilized in case of emergency,” the voice explained.

I looked around at the other pods. No one else seemed on the verge of waking up or being assembled. “And I was the only one you could keep stabilized?”

“I calculated how many I could keep alive. Every occupant had a chance equal to or less than twenty-five percent to survive, with you having the greatest chance with exactly twenty-five. To make sure that as many as possible survived, I shut down the stasis pods with occupants least likely to survive, giving the other pods the energy needed to maintain stasis without any interruptions. In the end, you were the only active pod, with a survival chance of seventy-five percent,” the voice stated calmly.

I was completely taken aback by what I heard. Shutting down the life sustaining device for somepony like that, just to raise the chance of survival for somepony else with a few percent? The thought of it made my stomach squirm and anger rise inside of me. “You… You killed all the others to keep one alive?” I asked in disbelief, keeping my tone normal and hiding the anger I felt. “Couldn’t you just wake them up? End their stasis?”

“It was saving one or saving none, I’m afraid. I don’t have the authority to end a stasis, with the exception of the occurrence of an emergency.”

“And it wasn’t an emergency that you couldn’t keep everypony alive?” I allowed the anger to take over my voice and stomped a mechanical limb into the floor tiles. “Wasn’t it an emergency that some might die? That you killed most of the ones you watched over to save only one?”

“It was not. Even if it was, I wouldn’t have acted differently. The chance of every occupant’s survival at a sudden stasis ending was still too slim. The effects would be the same. One, maybe two, would have survived, weakened beyond minimum condition. This was the only way to give one of you the chance of survival. And I can assure you, the ponies dying did not feel any pain. They simply slipped away in their sleep.”

“Whatever,” I grunted. “Not like I can do anything about it now.” I rose from the ground, the anger slowly fading. “I guess it really was the only way.”

“I calculated every possible way. This was the only one with at least one survivor. Had I been able to save more, I would have.”

I nodded slowly. Then it hit me. “Wait, how long ago did you say your connection was terminated?”

“I didn’t say.”

“But it has been terminated? Why hasn’t maintenance fixed it by now?”

“This room has been sealed for one hundred and ninety years. The connection was terminated around that time as well. Since then, nopony has come inside.”

“One hundred and ninety years?” I whispered, nearly sitting down on my haunches again. “How… How long have I been in stasis?”

“I’m sorry, but I cannot give you an exact number. You were in stasis when this room was sealed, so you have been here for at least one hundred and ninety years.”

“That… that’s impossible,” I said. This time I actually sat down on my haunches again and brought my fore-hooves up to massage my head. “This must be a dream.”

“I can assure you, this is not a dream.”

“Then how can I be alive? I couldn’t possibly have been sleeping for nearly two hundred years,” I snapped. “Could I?” I added in a whisper.

“Technically, you were in stasis, not sleeping. A healthy earth pony would be able to survive up to five thousand years in stasis, should it be necessary. The stasis is a nearly complete cessation of the body’s biological functions, meaning you are more or less exactly the same when you wake up as you were when put into stasis-”

“Five thousand years?” I echoed, interrupting the voice.

“That is correct,” the voice chimed before continuing to tell me about stasis.

Five thousand years? Five thousand years without knowing that any time had passed at all?

“... and the primary use of stasis is to keep patients with severe wounds or sickness alive until operation or treatment is available,” the voice continued, as if it had never been interrupted.

It took me a second to realize that the voice had finished. I was getting tired of not knowing anything about myself or this place, and, with a grunt, I rose from the floor again. “Where is the exit?” I asked, looking around in the room.

“The exit is to the right of the drinking fountain, in a niche. A small terminal is operating it.”

I nodded and started to walk toward the niche that had, figuratively speaking, been pointed out to me. I passed a small desk just before the niche with a box sitting on top of it, green light flickering from it. “Is this a terminal?” I asked.

“Yes, but not the one that operates the door. That terminal is for the nurse on duty to easily and quickly watch over the occupants of the stasis pods, and to receive information about heart rate or blood pressure and the like. It is also programmed to alert the nurse should the value from one occupant change drastically.”

I resisted the urge to take a closer look at it, knowing very well that it would likely report nothing from any pod, and walked up to the door in the niche. The door, or what I assumed was the door, was made of metal, painted butter yellow with three pink butterflies around a red cross. A green light, flickering like the other one I had seen, emitted from a screen at the right side of the door. Seeing that the door didn’t have any knob or other way to open it, I walked over to the monitor. “Now what?”

“There should be a small button next to the screen. If you press it a keyboard will emerge, allowing you access to the terminal. Then simply scroll down and hit the ‘Open Door’ option,” the voice instructed me.

I looked around the screen. Quickly I found the small brown button, placed to the right of the screen below a small spring in the wall, and pressed it. As the voice had said, a keyboard emerged from under the screen as I pressed the button. The green light changed some, became lighter until white letters appeared and formed a short sentence.

>Insert Password or Authentication Card.

I stared at the short sentence in disbelief. Hadn’t the voice told me that it would come up with an option to open the door? “What’s the password?” I asked.

“…Password?” The voice sounded as lost as I was. “I… I don’t know. Searching database: Password or Door.”

“It says something about an Authentication Card here. You don’t happen to know where I can find one?” I asked without taking my eyes away from the monitor.

“Authentication Cards are to be kept close to hoof at any situation,” the voice answered. “Search complete, no object matching searching criteria. I’m afraid the password is not saved on any of the terminals.”

Close to hoof, I thought, starting to pace slowly away from the door. Maybe… “Aha!” I exclaimed as I saw the desk the first terminal had been standing on. Walking over I opened every drawer in it, but to no success. The only thing scattered inside of them were small paper clips, some pens and a bunch of yellow metal circles. “What now?” I asked, slipping down on the floor in defeat. “I can’t open the door, so I can’t get out of here. I’m going to die in here without any food.”

“There is one way.” The voice hesitated.

“How?” I asked, lifting my head slightly from the cold floor.

“Your eye. If I’m correct, then it is an advanced version of a terminal, created, like your legs, by SAT. At least, that is what the manual says. The eye was never finished, not before my connection with the rest of the clinic was terminated at least. What you have there must be a prototype,” the voice mused. “According to the files on the subjects, the eye has nearly ten times the working power of a PipBuck, and more than three times as much as this computer. It also has enough space to record everything the recipient could possibly see during an entire lifetime, twice.”

“So?”

“There should be multiple wires to connect your eye with a terminal. With the right skill you could use its working power to force your way through the door,” the voice explained. “But be careful. Do it wrong too many times and the terminal will lock you out, negating any chance to open the door.”

I rose from the floor and looked towards the door. “I’m not sure I’d be able to do that,” I said, hesitating.

“You won’t know until you’ve tried.”

I sighed and started walking towards the monitor. “You’re right.” As I stood in front of the monitor, looking down at it, I realized something. “So… How do I connect the eye with the terminal?” I asked, looking over the monitor.

“There should be an input socket on the keyboard, created to plug a PipBuck into the terminal. You should be able to plug it in there.”

Looking down at the keyboard I found a hole that I assumed was the input socket, placed at the top left corner of it. Two words started flashing in the corner of my eye: ‘Initiating Contact’. I took a step backward as a slim wire started to move from the same corner of my eye, startling me, and the wire shot back again as the words disappeared.

“What was that?” I yelped in surprise.

“That was the wire you will have to connect to the terminal.” I could practically hear the laughter the OSAI held back. “When it is out you will have to plug it in manually. Don’t worry. The wire should be long enough for you to be able to work in a comfortable position.”

“It’s bloody freaky, that’s what it is,” I murmured as I stepped forward to the terminal again. After taking a deep breath, steeling myself for the strange experience of having a wire shoot out of my eye, I looked down at the keyboard again. The same two words started flashing in the corner of my eyes, and soon the wire emerged. After about two inches the wire came to a stop and instead hung motionless in the air. I carefully bit down on the end and moved it down to the plug in the keyboard. After a couple of errors, mostly caused by the wire itself blocking my view, I finally managed to fit the wire into the plug.

The words in the corner changed, from ‘Initiating Contact’ to ‘Contact Initiated. Accessing’. In the blink of an eye, the world around me disappeared. Replacing it was white text on a green screen, scrolling by far too quickly for me to recognize more than a hoofful of words, none of which made any sense to me anyway.

Suddenly every word on the screen froze.
Stable-Tec Corporation Terminal Protocol
>Terminal Locked. Please Contact Maintenance.

I stared at the words in disbelief. It was hard to do anything else, really, seeing that I couldn’t see anything else. “The terminal is locked,” I said when the words finally hit home.

“That’s,” the voice paused. “That’s impossible. No one has touched that terminal since the last time this room was closed! A terminal can’t just lock itself like that! Had the terminal been locked, then the pony who locked it would still be in here!”

“Well, it seems that the impossible has happened,” I said, my view still obscured by the text from the computer. “This terminal is locked, and frankly I don’t care how it happened. I have a more important question right now. How do I end the link?”

“The eye should interact directly with your brain through the neural system. All you should need to do is to think about it to end and it should end. You just have to focus.”

“End link,” I said, focusing on the words in front of me. To my relief, the green disappeared, giving me vision over the keyboard again. After waiting a moment for my sight to return completely to normal, I reached down to unplug the wire.

”A thought is enough. You wouldn’t have had to speak the words.”

“Thaft mifth,” I started, gently yanking the wire away from the keyboard with my mouth and spitting it out. “That might be true, but I wanted to be sure that it worked.”

“At least it worked and terminated out from the link.”

“You… You mean that I might have been stuck like that?” I asked. My legs wobbled slightly as I realized what her words meant.

”The eye is only a prototype. In the worst case scenario, yes, you might have been stuck with the link.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I calculated the possibilities and found the odds in your favor. An option to start a link would most likely not exist without a way to cancel it. I didn’t tell you because I didn’t want to scare you. Sorry.”

I grunted and looked away from the terminal to the door. “Now what?” I asked. It felt so hopeless. This was the only door out of here, and the terminal operating it was locked. I brought a metallic hoof into the wall, the sound of the collision echoing in the room. “I’m locked inside of this room, without any way out.” I rested my head against the cold wall I had just punched and closed my eyes. “What can I possibly do?”

“There might be another way,” the voice said.

“There is?” I asked, my eyes snapping open. “What do I have to do?”

The voice didn’t answer immediately. Instead, the silence between us stretched out for a moment, only interrupted by the low humming from the twisted metal frame in the middle of the room. “Plug yourself into my terminal,” the voice said, breaking the silence.

I eyed the metal frame warily as I approached it. Not seeing a terminal from where I stood, I began to circle it. “Where is it?” I asked after having done a full turn around the frame.

“There should be a small panel to your left, right above the tube. Remove that and the plug-in will be behind it.”

”Not a monitor then?” I asked as my eye wandered to the place the OSAI had mentioned. I quickly found the small bulge on the frame. How could I have miss that? I asked myself as I trotted up to it.

“No monitor was installed in this terminal. It was created to house me, and maintenance would be done by an external device, like a PipBuck or your eye. In emergency situations the Headmaster’s or Chief of the maintenance’s terminal could connect directly to this terminal,” the voice answered as I opened the panel, revealing a plug-in hole like that in the door terminal’s keyboard.

“Emergency situations?” I asked as the text started to blink in the corner of my eye, quickly followed by the wire. “Whaft kinth of emerfency sitfuathions?” I asked with the wire in my mouth.

“Like me sealing this room or trying to take control over the hospital,” the voice mused as I plugged in the wire into the terminal.

“No need to joke,” I said as the words changed from ‘Initiating Contact’ to ‘Contact Initiated. Accessing.’ in the corner of my eye.

“I didn’t.”

I stood there perplexed as the world around me turned to a velvet blue color before my eyes. Words scrolled in my view, too quick for me to make out more than a hoofful of them. “Stop, stop, stop!” I thought over and over again as the words came to a stop. It felt as if my heart stopped as I read the only word left behind. ‘Accessed’. I stared at the words. I couldn’t think, couldn’t act. My vision narrowed down until the only thing I could see were those words.

“No need to be afraid,” the voice said soothingly as the word faded away, a light blue shape of a mare’s head replacing it. “You asked what kind of emergency situations. Those were the ones described to me,” it continued in the same tone, the head’s mouth moving.

“End link,” I nearly shouted out. To my relief the world around me returned to normal, the pony head disappearing with the velvet blue filter. Releasing the breath I had been holding, I felt parts of the panic leaving my body. “So it wasn’t you who sealed this room?” I asked.

“That is correct. The room was sealed and my contact with the rest of the hospital terminated outside of my control.”

“And you aren’t trying to use me to take control over the hospital?”

“I’m programmed to oversee and stabilize patients in my care. You are the only patient I have left. I wish nothing else than for you to be healthy,” the voice assured me. “And being sealed into this room forever isn’t really healthy.”

“I can agree with that,” I mumbled. “What do I have to do?” Between trusting this AI, trying to figure out how to get out of here on my own or being stuck here forever, I definitely picked the first option.

“Start the link again. I will download some overwriting protocols to your eye. Those should grant you access to override the lockout on the door’s terminal.”

“They gave you the means to override a security function?” I asked, crocking my eyebrow. “Not the smartest thing to do.”

The voice hesitated. “I was programmed to stabilize the ponies placed under my observation. The clinic staff found it a necessity that I, in case of an emergency, could unlock the way out of here. The connection I had with the terminal was, unfortunately, terminated with my connection to the rest of the hospital. Otherwise I would have unlocked the door for you,” the voice apologized.

“Okay, so how do I restore the link again?” I asked. “Is it the same as terminating it: just saying something like ‘Start Link’?”

At once the world around me was filtered by the vivid blue, the word ‘Accessed’ written in white in the middle of the sea of blue. The word was quickly replaced with the light blue head again.

“Yes, it seems like that,” the voice mused. “Now, this shouldn’t take long.”

As she spoke, outlines of a light blue bar appeared below her, the word ‘Downloading’ written inside the bar. The bar slowly filled up. When the bar was about halfway done the head suddenly disappeared.

“Where did you go?” I asked.

“I’m still here,” the voice answered. It sounded as if it came from two places at the same time, echoing back and forth. A second later, the head reappeared. “I won’t leave you.” The voice still echoed slightly, and the head didn’t seem to be solid in its structure, instead flickering slightly every now and then.

“Are you okay?” I asked, concerned that something might be wrong.

“Don’t worry, I’m fine. The download should be finished soon.”

As the download bar continued filling up, the head solidified before my eyes. The bar disappeared and the words ‘Download Complete’ took its place.

“It is finished,” the voice purred from inside my head.

{^-^}

Footnote: Welcome to the Equestrian Wasteland

New Trait: Bruiser
You’re a little slower, but a little bigger. You may not hit as often, but you pack one hell of a punch! Your total action points are lowered, but your Strength and Unarmed damage are increased by 2.

New Trait: Cyborg
Parts of your body have been replaced by mechanical counterparts. You take less damage in afflicted limbs, but you are now vulnerable to EMP attacks.

New Quest Perk: OSAI
An OSAI unit has settled down inside of your storage device. It got complete access to your body through your neural system. What could possibly go wrong?

First, a really big thank you to Masquerade313, not only for his proofreading, but also for helping me giving the main character life! This story would be far from as good as it is without him!

Thanks to Rising_Chaos for proofreading and listening to my unending babbling.

And lastly, thanks for Lazer726 for giving the chapter a final read through.