• Published 19th May 2017
  • 829 Views, 10 Comments

Friendship Tales - drunkenpandaren



A series of short stories within the Equestria Girls Heisei Generations universe

  • ...
1
 10
 829

The Perfect Gift For Gentarou

Somone was singing, Pinkie Pie noticed as she paused in the middle of frosting a cake. It wasn’t her sisters though, and the song was too Neighponese. Her nose wiggled and her eye twitched in response. “OOOH new friend!”

Barging out the door with a frosting bag in her hands, Pinkie scanned the area intently before noticing a woman with long black hair singing down the road. “Found her!” Exclaimed Pinkie, running up to the woman who was singing.

The woman seemed oblivious to the world as she sang out, pumping her hand into the air as a stuffed satellite was pumped into the air.

My name is Hayabusa
I’m not just fast, I’m pretty sleek too!
So let’s ride away on the solar winds,
And everyone on Earth will give me the lift I need!
Even in the dark depths of space,
I’ll keep going with hope in my heart!

Pinkie grinned as she joined in, skipping along as she sang in tandem.

Hayabusa! Hayabusa!
Out there in the cosmos is our rendezvous!
Hayabusa! Hayabusa!
And when my work is done, I’ll become a shining new star!
A shining new star!

Yuuki Jojima turned towards Pinkie as she grinned, saluting. “Hi! You must love space as much as I do to know that song, right?”

“Yeah I got an appreciation for it!” Exclaimed Pinkie, saluting back. “Hey, you’re that astronaut Yuuki Jojima! Aren’t you Gentarou’s friend?”

“Yep! I came to see him but he’s so busy with lesson plans,” said Yuuki, pouting as she held up Hayabusa who squeaked in reply. “That’s why Hayabusa-kun and I are going to look for the best present ever for him!”

“Cool! What’s the occasion?” asked Pinkie.

“Well, it’s the day the Kamen Rider Club finally got together as a team.” Said Yuuki, smiling. “Though finding the best present for him is going to be tough.”

“Well, he likes friendship, and he likes space…” Pinkie thudded her hand into her fist, squirting frosting everywhere. “I know! C’mon, there’s this awesome shop downtown. I think he’ll like what they have there.”

Taking off down the street, Yuuki followed close behind as she said, “You’re Pinkie Pie, right? I recognize you from the photograph Gen-chan sent.”

“Yeppers! I’m always super duper up for fun and stuff, so finding a great present for my teacher will always do well!” Said Pinkie, grinning.

“Good! There should be something we can do to make this easier…” said Yuuki as they entered the shopping district. “Something really easy to do.”

‘Well…!”

If you want to find a present here is what you do
Just take a peek at what’s in store and you can find out too
Just what you want and what you need aren’t really all the same
And when you find a big surprise you’ll always call their name!

Pinkie grinned as she and Yuuki linked arms and started skipping down the road

Find a present oh oh this is what we do
To find one for Gentarou come on we need one too
From odds and ends and purple stuff
To bricks and switches and more!
To find a present for Gentarou, we need to find one more!

“What about this?” asked Yuuki, holding up a rubber chicken.

“Naw, that’s a off brand model. Let’s ask him!” And Pinkie bounded up to Cheese Sandwich. “Heya Cheesy! What do you think of a gift for a teacher?”

“Well!” Exclaimed Cheese, whirling on him as he joined in on the song.

If you want a present oh oh this is what you do!
You find a great party plan and form a line up at the zoo!
They have the greatest selection from odds and ends and bobs!
Come on, lets go, lets fast forward and we’ll be there with a jog!

Let’s find a present oh oh oh this is what we’re gonna do!
To find a present for Gentarou come on we need one too
A perfect present there you see and we can’t find one we want
To pandas fish and stuffed gummys this is what the stores will flaunt
To find a present for Gentarou, we need to find one more!

“That’s all well and good, but the zoo is a little, oh we’re here,” said Yuuki, browsing through the store.

“What about this?” asked Cheese, holding up a earth globe.

“Need’s more space!” Exclaimed Pinkie.

”Well if space is what we need…!” Proclaimed

The observatory is the key, it’s huge, it’s vast, its’ large!
From odds and ends and space rocks too, and maybe a big old star
Look at this lamp it’s shaped like rocket, where we shout Uchuu Kitaa
Oh wait, I know, this telescope will unveil the brightest star!

Let’s find a present oh Gentarou why are you so hard to shop?
This present is turning into a big production with glitz and glam and stuff
People are dancing in the street right now it’s getting kind of clogged
We need a present for Gentarou come on and help us out!

“Oh my gosh, it’s seven thirty! We need to find his present quick!” Exclaimed Yuuki, pointing at the town clock.

This knickknack here, this store bought clock this paper balloon too
Perhaps a cake piled high to the sky, he does love frosting ooo
What about this bag he needs one his is really kind of old
Well I’m out of ideas

“Wait what’s that?” Exclaimed Yuuki, pointing.

Oh that’s just the Party Cannon!

The three stared at it for a long moment before rushing into the store.

This party cannon is the perfect size it’s big its orange its true
Perhaps a few star decals and the KRC logo
And stuff it with Hayabusa-kun and then shoot it to the stars!
We found the perfect gift for Gentarou let hip hip hip HURRAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

With the crashing song coming to an end, Yuuki held out her credit card at the owner of the store. “I’ll take it! Wrap it up please!”


“Oh I hope he likes it,” said Yuuki as they pushed the cannon to the location of the reunion.

“I’m sure he will,” said Pinkie Pie, grinning widely. “After all, it’s got a personal touch on it.”

“And of course, it’s perfectly good if he doesn’t. It’s the thought that counts.” Said Cheese with a grin.

As they arrived at the park where the evening party was, Gentarou waved. The rest of the Kamen Rider Club had already assembled, as he called out, “Yuuki!”

Yuuki, Pinkie and Cheese pushed up the party cannon. “Happy anniversary, Gen-chan!” Proclaimed Yuuki as she presented the Party Cannon.

Tomoko tilted her head in surprise. “A cannon?”

“Oh man this is so cool!” Exclaimed Gentarou.

“Oops! Will that even get across the international airports?” said Miu with a laugh.

“If not, we’ll have Kougami ship it to him,” said Shun.

“As always Yuuki, you have the oddest gifts for him,” said Kengo, shaking his head, amused.

JK took a picture of it with Gentarou fussing over the custom as Tomoko nodded. “This is a good present.”

“Well, it’s highly impractical. Just like Gentarou,” said Ryusei with everyone sharing in the laugh.

“Everyone, thanks,” said Yuuki with a smile. “It took some doing to be honest.”

“Aw that’s sweet,” said Pinkie and Cheese nodded. “Now you can just fill it with confetti and let the shot be heard round the world!”

When you make a friend, with a hi or a hello
You find out what things you need to say
To maintain the love you share with everyone
And what we have here today

For it’s the KRC’s birthday party,
And everyone’s gathered here
Come on, let’s smile, you’re best friends here
And we need our time today

Yuuki smiled as she joined in, much to the surprise of the others.

Gen-chan I adore you, you’ve been my friend for years
You picked me up, you believed in me, when I was Gemini
Those things I did, I blew you up, once, maybe more than twice
But you stuck by me, even when we had to make things right

And now look at you! You’re a teacher now
And I’m in outer space
Our dreams came true, our lives went on too
And still we’re here today
When we look around, we heard our cry
From here to the moon

Gen-chan I love you
And you’re my best friend too

“Yuuki…!” Gentarou rubbed his eyes as Miu took up the song.

Gentarou you were adored, I couldn’t understand why
I was the Queen, still am I see, but whenever I cried
I realized what Gentarou would do, his words they made me laugh
And I for one am much better than being just stagnant

When I think about the things we need to do
I smile and think “What would you do”
And just do that too

Shun grinned and he joined in as Cheese picked out a guitar and continued the music.

You understood me when no one did, I was a brainless jock
My dad told me all the things I couldn’t think of
I wanted to rebel, you encouraged it, and now I am King
For real this time, a earned title, and you’re here so I can say

Gentarou you’re my best friend
I have to realize
I wouldn’t be the man I am
With Miu by my side

Miu grinned and hit Shun on the arm as everyone laughed and JK continued, his voice joining in.

I was a party man, irresponsible, I don’t know what to say
You did so much, even though I threw my own friendship away
So many times I tossed it aside and even then you were here
You rescued me, when I was stuck, tied to a pipe you see

So what can I say? That isn’t said
You taught me hard work
That JK, no Jingou Kaizou, would find out his own real worth

Tomoko’s voice joined in as well, as she sang softly.

You picked me up, when I was down a witch was what I was.
I wanted to see the moon and leave this world to ash
You showed me that the moon is dark and quiet, and still
But in that world there is so much light, of friendship… I’m learning still

Gentarou you made me who I am today
You reached out and touched my hand
And dragged me into space

Ryusei looked a little uncomfortable but he continued the song as more and more people listened.

Gentarou you forgave me when I killed you that one time
It wasn’t my best intent, even if it was to save a life
Jiro taught me that friendship is something you don’t just throw away
And when I fought to save a life, you were there to save me, so.. um… yay?

You left me the mantle, of Rider, a mantle I am proud
To carry along as a light of hope, and justice I hope I make you proud
Of this land I see, this great place we call home this world we saved more times than counted

Gentarou you saved me, and I owe you for it all

Now Gentarou was wiping away tears as Tomoko gave him a hug. Kengo smiled as he finished.

You touched so many people, my own life included
I wouldn’t be the man standing here, if you hadn’t befriended Gamou
I woke up feeling like everything had ended, and it had
But your feelings and help changed me from a grump to something less grumper
So whatever, take your hug, don’t soak my shoulder

Gentarou you’re a friend to all
You’re the schools eternal hero.

“YOU GUYS!” cried Gentarou, sobbing loudly as he hugged the entire club, drawing in Pinkie and Cheese.


Pinkie smiled at Yuuki as she was dropped off by her. “Thanks for letting me tag along today,” said Pinkie, giving Yuuki a hug.

“Hey no problem, any time. You can be an honorary member of the Kamen Rider Club,” said Yuuki. “If you ever want to get into space, call me.”

“I will.” Said Pinkie as Yuuki smiled, and she drove off to drop off Cheese.

Turning to head into the house, Pinkie smiled at the stars briefly before saying, “Friendship really is magic.”

Author's Note:

Published 5/20/2017

You would not believe how hard it can be to write lyrics sometimes.

Comments ( 7 )

8178407

I'm thinking that as well, since it's an official term by now.

Fourze is the most brilliantly compatible with pony show in the world, and I'm so happy it exists. The whole series brings me joy. Thanks for enjoying the fic, it's not done yet, maybe 3-4 chapters to go.

8178642 Good to hear ^_^

Ya know, after the whole Camp Everfree thing maybe the girls need a proper Kamen Rider upgrade to their powered up form :p maybe Haruto could get their magic stones fashioned into rings... I wonder if he knows how to make more Wizard Driver...

8178695

At this point in time, I'm keeping their power sets separate, just for the sake of coherency. I'm thinking it might need a little attention though in a later date if/when I attend to post-series stories. The Bonds of our Friendship, the third upcoming big fic is the "capstone" to the trilogy, although there will probably be more written about this universe sometime down the line.

Also, Haruto's magic is more of a brute-force solution. It's versatile in combat and everyday use, but it's solution for dealing with magicians with out of control Phantoms was a whole nother bag of worm that I don't want to put the girls through. Yet anyhow.

8178701 Fair point...I guess since Magic and Cosmic Energy are related it might be more Kengo's playground than Haruto's. Though on a more practical way I bet Shunpei could fashion some good looking 'mundane' rings out of their stones.

8178810

Yeah from what I can tell, Wizard's magic is a method of forcing out the inner Phantom and conquering the despair, which manifests itself in magic power. But since the source of it is literally a monster living inside you being actively suppressed, it's not quite the same as Equestrian Magic. While Shunpei is talented, the stones they use are worn as necklaces in the last part of Legend of Everfree, as they've turned into pendants so there's no need to rebuild them unless a chain breaks.

8179008
I don't know. I can think of a few ways they could be turned into Rings.

8179819

Yeah, but it's not something that's going to make it into the fic. The girls are perfectly capable of using the crystals as pendants, as demonstrated in Movie Magic. So I don't have the need to change their design right now.

Login or register to comment