• Published 11th Jul 2012
  • 23,918 Views, 114 Comments

Cupcakes Redux - Flexico



A slightly less disturbing re-write of the infamous "Cupcakes" thing.

  • ...
16
 114
 23,918

2. Basement

The first thing Rainbow Dash noticed as she came to was a slight musty smell, as if she were in a basement or cave. The next thing was a stiffness not uncommon after a nap. After yawning and smacking her lips, she turned to stretch out her legs and wings--

Except she could barely move them.

Her eyes snapped open to see a wooden beam structure above her, and the sound of dripping water a little more distant, possibly in the next room. As she continued to struggle to move, she realized she was lying on her back on a wooden table with her hooves shackled to each of the four corners.

"What the hay?!" She said involuntarily, and quite loudly. Her voice echoed slightly off the stone walls. Despite the musty smell, the place looked nicely kept-up, though was still obviously underground. Lined up against the walls were a bookshelf and a number of folding tables, all stacked with many of the cupcakes Rainbow and Pinkie had baked earlier.

Ah! Memories began to re-surface in Dash's mind. Mixing and baking, being about to eat one ... then blackness. What had happened? Had someone broken in? But who would rob a small town bakery? Unless ...

Rainbow's thought process was interrupted by a cloppity-clop-clop sound coming from around the corner. She craned her neck to see above her restrained body to locate the source of the sound.

To her great surprise and relief, it was none other than the crazy Pink one, bouncing up and down as if on a trampoline, likely because simply walking didn't burn off enough of the endless energy of hers.

"Oh thank Celestia! Pinkie, you're OK! Help me out of this!" RD strained against her shackles to emphasize her point.

"Oh yay! You're awake!" Pinkie bounded over to the helpless pegasus and rested her front legs across Rainbow's belly "How ya feeling?"

Rainbow Dash was at a loss for words. "I--er--Pinkie, what's going on? Why am I tied up?"

"'Tied' up? Oh silly Dashie, these are shackles! If you were TIED up, that would mean I used ROPE. Well, I suppose 'shackled up' sounds rather silly. Oh! You could have said, 'chained up,' since shackles and chains are kinda similar, at least in that they're both made of metal. I wonder where the word 'shackle' even comes from! I'll have to ask Twilight next time I see her."

Rainbow's jaw dropped open. "You ... you mean ... YOU did this, Pinkie Pie?"

"Yep! So anyway, back to my original question -- how are you feeling?" She leaned over Rainbow's face with a huge, expectant grin plastered over her face.

"I ... uh ..." While Dash's primary cranial circuitry chewed over the ... rather odd circumstances she now found herself in, the smaller-yet-much-faster auto-pilot area of her brain kicked in to answer simple questions. "Mostly stiff."

"Not hungry at all?"

"I ... well, food is about the last thing on my mind right now, what ith being all ... shackled up right now." She waggled her hooves the best she could for emphasis.

"Surely you must be ... just a little?" Pinkie had stepped back from the table Dash was attached to and now sat on her haunches, looking up at the pegasus with the most soul-melting puppy-dog eyes anypony had ever seen.

Even under these circumstances Rainbow Dash was completely disarmed by this. "I ... you ... Pinkie, please let me go. This isn't funny. I--"

She was cut short by a deep growl from her stomach. She winced, both from a hungry cramp, and from the fact the Pinkie was now bouncing and squealing in such glee you'd think Princesses Celestia and Luna had both thrown her a party, inviting all of Equestria and filling twice the area of Canterlot.

"...Pinkie...?" RD did not know what to make of any of this.

Pinkie Pie now grabbed one of the cupcakes and held it near Rainbow's face. "Time for dessert!"

"Wha--UMFF!!" Rainbow started to say something, but then Pinkie took immediate advantage of her open mouth and crammed the entire cupcake in. Now remember, these are quite large cupcakes, nearly as large as a pony's head, so Rainbow Dash's mouth was now stuffed so full she couldn't even close it all the way. Her cheeks bulged with the soft, moist flesh of the cake, and a bit of the frosting oozed out and down the corners of her mouth. After much struggling, complete with grunts, moans, and a little choking, she managed to chew and swallow the whole thing.

Tongue lolling out and panting heavily, Rainbow Dash leaned her head back against the wooden surface of the table and took a few moments to catch her breath. When she looked up, she saw Pinkie Pie standing over her patiently, holding another cupcake on her hoof.

"Next course!"

As the cupcake grew to fill nearly her whole vision, Rainbow's mouth quivered slightly and a single tear ran down her cheek.

"Mommy ..."

~*~