• Published 18th May 2017
  • 23,550 Views, 900 Comments

You're Getting Better - 2Merr



Friendship is a give-and-take relationship. Fortunately for you, Pinkie doesn't ask for much, and she has plenty to give. Maybe it's time to start giving back.

  • ...
29
 900
 23,550

A Pinker Point of View

Pinkie stood under the warm shower, finishing up the long and tedious process of washing her mane. Her happy mood from earlier had only grown stronger to the point where she could barely keep herself from bursting into song.

You should kiss him more.

She kinda wanted to, but Nonny said kisses were super duper intimate for humans.

Come on, it’s not like you’re kissing him on the mouth.

Aaaaand now she wanted to kiss him on the mouth.

“I can’t!” Pinkie thought, shaking her head violently to clear away the lewd image.

Why not? You love him, don’t you? What better way to show it?

Despite knowing better, she let her mind wander straight back to the image of Anon holding her in his arms, kissing her gently while Gummy played a harp.

“He’s so strong,” she whispered to herself.

And handsome.

Not just handsome, Nonny was the absolute cutiest, most patootiest cutie patootie to ever cute a patoot. Pinkie couldn’t stop herself from giggling.

What do you think he looks like naked?

“Omigosh, no! Bad Pinkie!” She lightly slapped herself.

He’s like a present. He wraps himself up in clothes all the time to cover up the goods.

“Stop!”

Don’t you wanna unwrap him?

“No!”

...

“...yes.”

Then you gotta work for it! Make him yours, filly!

“But he’s so shy. I don’t wanna come off too aggressive; he’ll think I’m a weirdo...”

If you don’t, somepony else will.

“What are you talking about?”

He came home from his “walk” this morning smelling like Rarity.

Pinkie paused. It was true, she remembered smelling a hint of frills and lace on him.

“Maybe they bumped into each other and hugged.”

Or maybe he went to see Rarity and didn’t tell you.

“That’s silly! Why would he do that?”

Perhaps he wanted some alone time with her.

“That’s not funny...”

They were together all day.

“Because they’re friends.”

Not for long, at the rate things are going. Don’t you think Anon would prefer somepony more calm?

“What are you saying?”

She’s so much prettier than you, too. They look good together.

“...Why would you say that?”

Don’t feel bad, you can always join their herd somewhere down the line.

Pinkie felt a pang of hurt and jealousy at that thought. She didn’t want that.

What’s wrong? Sharing is caring, isn’t it?

“...I don’t want to share.”

That’s awfully selfish of you.

It was, but...

“I don’t care,” Pinkie said resolutely. “If that makes me a bad pony, I’m fine with it.”

There’s that confidence. Use that.

“But how? I barely know anything about dating stallions.”

That’s what friends are for. They can help you.

“...Nonny might not even like me back.”

Did you give up when Discord stole the Elements?

“No...”

Did you give up the first time Cranky Doodle Donkey said he didn’t want a friend?

“No.”

Did you give up when Gummy beat you at checkers?

“No!”

So if Nonny doesn’t like you back, are you gonna give up?

“Never!”

Then go out there and do the dating thing!

“I still don’t kn-“

Then go out there and learn how to do the dating thing!

“Yeah!”

With a silent but triumphant cry, Pinkie leapt from the shower, shook herself dry, and trotted out into the hallway, her head held high. It wasn’t until she reached the living room that she remembered she was at Nonny’s house. The Nonny in question was napping on the couch again. It was only a quarter to five, but that colt had an incredible talent for sleeping.

Instead of waking him up, Pinkie stared at him for a little while, then wrote a quick note and stuck it to his chin, planting a teensy tiny kiss on the tip of his nose while she was at it. When her butterflies eventually settled, she trotted out the door.

Pinkie had many, many friends, but there was only one she trusted enough to talk to about dating. When she reached Carousel Boutique, she found it empty save for Sweetie Belle. After questioning the filly, she set off again, this time for the post office. As she walked into the small building, she almost walked into the very pony she was looking for.

“Oh, hey!” Pinkie greeted. “Sweetie Belle said I could find you here. Listen, I know this is sudden, but I need your help.”

“Are you hiding from the cops?”

“Even better! I need to tap into your vast knowledge of romance.”

“Not this again,” Scootaloo groaned.

Author's Note:

pink ponk pink ponk
temporary POV switch because I do what I want