• Published 4th Jun 2017
  • 14,641 Views, 13,299 Comments

Ofolrodi - Imploding Colon



Rainbow Dash traverses the perils of the Dark Side of the world to reach the Midnight Armory.

  • ...
24
 13,299
 14,641

PreviousChapters Next
Nothing to Fidget About

"Yo Baldy!" Logan's hoofsteps echoed across the common room as the large stallion hauled a heavy load of armor and weapons. "I'll need your horn if I'm gonna pack all this crap onto your thingamabob!"

"It's called the 'Hover Plank 5000!'" Flynn stammered, trotting briskly towards him.

Logan's sweaty muzzle scrunched. "Why the Hell is it called that?"

"Because buck you!" Flynn concentrated, and his horn pulsed with telekinetic energy. "Lemme cut that load in half. How many trips can we make?"

"Four," Logan replied. "Maybe three." He motioned with his head. "If our favorite robo-turkey lends a metal hand."

Wildcard nodded and scurried downstairs to where the rest of the armory lay.

"Hey! Hey!" Flynn called out after the Desperado. "Don't pull a metal muscle! I just slapped that thing together, y'know!"

"Oh give it a rest," Logan muttered. He grunted as he carried his weight up the nearest stairwell, accompanied by the fellow Heraldite. "If nothing else, it'll give him a chance to test your shit out."

"There'll come a time when we can't stress-test everything, Big Show."

"Oh shuddup. You love my tactics as much as you love me, ya chromey bastard."

"Meh..."

As the two stallions ascended, Ariel and Kepler glided by.

"I'd say we leave just a few of the mushrooms behind!" Ariel said, smiling at the wyvern. "You never know! Maybe—a thousand years from now—another group of ponies will come visit this place from the Light Side!"

"A most optimistic idea, my frriend!" Kepler nodded back. "Let us cultivate that which we can. I do believe I've prrocurred an apprroprriate containerr forr our mobile sustenance."

"Then again..." Ariel chewed the corner of her lip. "What I just said heavily implies that we're gonna fail at our mission and another Austraeoh-Eljunbyro combination is gonna have to pick up the slack just like we're picking up Ranort's and—"

"Shhhhhh!" Kepler insisted, adjusting his spectacles. "Think positive, sisterr! Forr ourr jourrney, we shall rrequirre everry speck of light that we can musterr!"

"You got that right..." Ariel smiled again. "Good thing the mushrooms glow!"

"Ha-hah! We must endeavorr to burry ourr excrrement!"

"Oh gosh... heeheehee... you're a hoot, Keps."

"Let no otherr wyverrn tell you differrent!"

All the while, Seraphimus observed the movement with a blank expression. She took a breath and looked across the common room.

Rainbow Dash hovered before the mosaic of Verdestone against the wall. After observing Kepler and Ariel descend to the lower levels, she folded her arms and took a long breath. "Well... that went better than expected."

"Did it, sugarcube?" Applejack floated around the mare. "Did it really?"

Pinkie Pie giggle and floated over as well. "Anypony could have seen that your friends were gonna vote sonambulist for you!"

"That's unanimous," Twilight Sparkle corrected. "And she's right, Rainbow. Just relax."

"Your friends have your back," Fluttershy added. "Just like we do."

"And if you ask me..." Rarity tossed her ghostly mane. "A change of scenery will be splendid for a change! Although..." She shuddered. "...I would have much preferred a far less dreadful destination."

"That's just it." Rainbow gulped. "This whole 'Spindler' business is total cray-cray. I've no clue what our destination is." She bit her lip, gazing across the room. "And neither does the Herald."

"Well, just think about it, darlin'." Applejack winked. "Have you ever known what yer destination is?"

"Pfffft. No."

"Well, alrighty then!" Applejack tilted her hat forward. "Let's just treat this like an old stroll through town!"

"Indeed." Rarity nodded. "Albeit a stroll that is encumbered by darkness and lack of proper food and the ever-looming threat of living pony-eating vines—mrmmmffmmmf!"

Twilight's hoof was covering the fashionista's ghostly muzzle. "Err... what Applejack said!" She smiled crookedly. "A good ol' stroll!"

"Hrmmmmmmmmmmmffff..." A muted Rarity folded her forelimbs in a pout.

"You're right, guys..." Rainbow sighed, smiling slightly. "I guess I've gotten too used to worrying as of late." She rolled her ruby eyes. "I'm starting to become Twilight."

"Heeheehee!" Fluttershy giggled. "You certainly a-are!"

"Jee..." Twilight droned. "Thanks."

"Just chillax and go with the flow, Dashie!" Pinkie Pie winked. "Whoever these Spindlers are, I'm sure it's no reason to get all fidgety!"

There was a deep, breathy cackle.

"...?" Rainbow Dash looked towards a nearby table.

A muzzle grinned in the shiny surface of a shield, lined with a fang and a tuft of goat hair. The chuckles trailed off.

"Lame joke is lame, Pinkie," Rainbow droned.

"It is?" Pinkie made a sad face. "Since when?"

"Pick a year." Rainbow flew off. "Any year."

PreviousChapters Next