• Published 4th Jun 2017
  • 14,647 Views, 13,299 Comments

Ofolrodi - Imploding Colon



Rainbow Dash traverses the perils of the Dark Side of the world to reach the Midnight Armory.

  • ...
24
 13,299
 14,647

PreviousChapters Next
Just a Dash Sequence

Rainbow Dash's eyes narrowed, peering defiantly through the misty starlight.

“Come on... come on...”

She gnashed her teeth, her ears flickering to the sound of a distant drumbeat.

“I know you're out there... I know you're out there...” She licked her lips. “...show yourself already you big ugly sonuvacumulonimbus.”

“Reckon t'ain't gonna show its consarn noggin, sugarcube, y'all!” exclaimed some gorgeous babe off in the distance.

“I chased it up here, didn't I?” Rainbow frowned. She gripped the controls of the Noble Jury, steering through another wall of mists. “Stratopolis is too big to hide for long! Somewhere deep inside is a key to understanding Susan!”

“Heeheehee!” A pink shape cartwheeled a hundred miles across the cockpit in a single titter. “She's using my piecabulary!”

“Shhhh!” Rainbow craned her neck, ears tilting towards the sound of the pounding noise. “I can almost hear the boomer now! Yes yes yes...”

An orange thing beside her ruffled its feathers, making nervous little clucking sounds.

“Not now, Scoots,” Rainbow growled. “I almost found the stabby-stab cloud city!” She accelerated the craft forward. “Cold Canter, Pilate, and Theanim are going to be wetting themselves with pride that I found a way across the Blob!”

More clucking sounds.

“What's that?! 'Just cross the ocean in the Jury?!'” Rainbow rolled her eyes. “Pffft! Silly pigeon! Why, that's about as dangerous as taking off my—” She reached for her neck... but it was bare. Fuzzy and bare. Her pupils shrank in abject terror. “... … ...well that's not good.”

Orange feathers flew under the chorus of a deafening rooster crow. When the mess cleared, Rainbow Dash saw a shape emerging through the starlight ahead. But it wasn't the floating marble platforms of Stratopolis—instead it was the moon. The shadow of nightmarish alicorn rippled and shrank from its lunar surface, coalescing into a female figure that trotted casually across the cloudbeds, making her way for the hull of the Jury.

“Awwwwwwwwwwwwww petticoats!” Rainbow Dash cursed, throwing a million different knobs and levers. “Belle! Propsy! Zecora! Quick! Load Roarke into the torpedo bay and let's fire her at this sonuva—”

Just as she stammered this, the interior of the skystone vessel dissipated swiftly around her. Rainbow Dash found herself standing naked atop a wandering cloud bed.

“Awwwwwwwww...” She pouted.

You are currently dreaming, W'ynlppa yln H'luun,” said the voice of Nat'rdo. The mare's shadowy figure came to a stop on a portion of the night sky before her. “It is all merely an illusion, projected from your subconscious.”

“Yeah, I know.” Rainbow sadface'd with a sad face. “I just... wanted it to last longer.”

“It took us a great deal of struggle to locate your essence this time,” the sarosian declared.

“Yeah...” Rainbow squinted slightly. “Imagine that.”

“It would appear as though you have gained a great deal of distance in your travels.”

“Pffft. Yeah? What's it to ya?” Rainbow crossed her forelimbs with a smirk. “You guys don't know where I am!”

“Actually... … ...judging from the rhythmic, thunderous beat that's being broadcasted throughout your mindscape, we have a clear idea precisely where you are.”

“... … ...” Rainbow Dash nervously tilted her head back. Indeed—now that she was once again made aware of it—she could sense the persistent bass chorus of the alien ocean serenading Blobstain—and herself by extension. How this didn't immediately wake her lucid self up, she couldn't understand... unless of course it was some spell that the Dark Vigil were using. “Do you have me under some sort of spell?”

“At this great distance, there is very little we can do to manipulate the texture of your dreamscape,” Nat'rdo said, her voice edged with a touch of urgency. The shapes of the other Dream Council members faded in and out of translucent existence behind her. “Please, W'ynlppa yln H'luun, there is much that needs to be discussed in very little time.”

Rainbow Dash frowned. “I don't particularly remember you guys having the authority to call the shots here.” She gestured at herself. “This is my mind. My wavelength. If I don't like what you nosy brain snoodlers have to say, then I'm cutting off this conversation now and forev—”

“The Matriarchs have ordered Lexxic to stand down his Nightbloods and allow you free passage to the Tree.”

“... … ...”

“He has even been given express orders to escort you to the place where you can speak with the Council,” Nat'rdo said with an affirmative nod. “And he has made a blood pact to obey this order—like the loyal soldier that he is.”

Rainbow Dash took a deep breath, staring the equine shape over. “... … ...well, if that isn't friggin' convenient.”

PreviousChapters Next