• Published 4th Jun 2017
  • 14,647 Views, 13,299 Comments

Ofolrodi - Imploding Colon



Rainbow Dash traverses the perils of the Dark Side of the world to reach the Midnight Armory.

  • ...
24
 13,299
 14,647

PreviousChapters Next
Birds on the Barbie

"Alright... so... question..." Pinkie Pie's ghostly muzzle scrunched as she and the other mares followed Rainbow through the craggy streets of the stone city. "If actual Dihmers get in actual boats to actually sail across the actual sea of slimy death..." She looked at her anchor. "...what actually keeps the actually beating ocean from actually murdering all the ponies on board with actual death???"

"I dunno, Pinkie," Rainbow droned. She looked up the sharp incline leading towards the hazy hilltop where the giant metal foundry was located. "I guess the Dihmers just... found a way after so many generations."

"Like—actually—though?!?!"

"Ugh!" Rarity clutched her skull. "Could you please stop saying that word!"

"What? 'Like?'"

"I really don't find it that hard to believe," Twilight Sparkle said. "The Dihmers escaped the Changelings... and they've since survived both the Dark Vigil and the Night Shard. Not to mention all of the other malevolent denizens of this plane." She smiled slightly. "For all of their grim exterior, they're quite a resourceful civilization. No doubt they've found a way to navigate this ocean. They should be proud of their accomplishments!"

"Yes..." Fluttershy nodded sadly. "The thing is... they won't ever be proud of it." She swallowed. "Or anything else for that matter."

Twilight hung her head. "Well... yes... true..."

"But that's just... just..." Pinkie pointed at the ocean. "...so much ooze! How does anypony contend with that?"

"Reckon we're about to find out, Pinkie," Applejack said. "Figurin' these Smelt-Blood fellers ain't fixin' to yank our chain none."

"Wait a second..." Pinkie tapped her pink chin in thought. "So much ooze... so much ooze... ya knowwwwwwww..." A wicked grin. "If you say that three times fast, you get... ... ..." She flashed a smirk at the group. "'SUSAN!'"

Applejack and Rarity blanched at her.

"Phweeeeeeeeee..." Rainbow exhaled through a dumb smile.

Ariel glanced back at her. "Y'know..." She smirked. "Half the time I'd give anything just to hear the conversations you must be hearing at any moment."

"Trust me. Save your bits. It's not always worth it."

"It's worth it to you, though."

"Meh." Rainbow looked up at the gates to the enormous factory. Already she could spot the flicker of metal armor. Imps were guarding the entrance. Despite their short height, they looked somewhat formidable, and the polearms in their gasp glinted with the same ferocity as their teeth.

"Looks like we found the welcoming crew," Flynn said.

"Just relax," Rainbow Dash droned. "When we get there, let me do the talking."

"And what if there's chaos metal crap in that place?" Flynn replied. "And you fall flat on your ass. Then what?"

"Then let Wildcard do the talking."

Kepler chuckled.

"Don't worry, everypony," Logan droned. "If shit hits the fan, I've got this."

"Yeah. Just roll into them, fatso," Flynn grunted.

"I'll be usin' your bald ass as a battering ram."

"From what I've seen on the Dark Side, that's probably the cleanest way to go."

"Heheheheh..."

As the Herald proceeded towards their uphill destination, Seraphimus took up the rear. She shook her head, sighing loose the exhaustion of having to deal with the insatiably chatty bunch. As she passed another row of buildings, her wing-flapping pace slowed. She touched down on all fours, slinking forward with narrow eyes.

"... ... ..."

She proceeded forward. Three meters. Six. Nine—

Sw-Swooosh! She lashed her lion's tail out—seemingly at randomly—and lashed onto the ankle of a creature in the alleyway adjacent to her.

"Gaaaah!" a raspy voice yelped.

Th-Thwisssh! In the next second, she had body-slammed an imp into the stone wall of a Dihmer house. Th-Thuddd! She planted her talon around the neck of the goblin and sneered in his face.

"You!" Her charcoal brown eyes narrowed. "You've been following us for half-an-hour!" She hissed. "Explain yourself... or I'll be claiming your spleen—assuming you half-baked abominations even possess those."

"Grkkkk!" Jacko squirmed and dangled in the griffin's grip. Blood trickled from his pointy nose as he struggled for breath. "Metal Mum's Mammaries, ya bird-o!" the Tail-Blooder wheezed. "No worries! I was only wantin' to learn more about youse, aye?"

Seraphimus looked him up and down, from his leather vest to his canvas trousers. "I don't see any so-called 'strips' on you. Do I need to remind you that information is an apparent commoddity among your putrid kind?"

"Why... scrkkk... the smelly mannahs, sheila?" Jacko managed a nervous smile. "You're curious! I'm curious! The whole bent world could use some stretchin' out! Can't we be friends?"

"Look at the wasteland all around you," Seraphimus growled. "When has anyone on the Dark Side ever been 'friends?'"

"Are... are..." Jacko gritted his pointed teeth. "...are youse really from Penumbra?"

"... ... ..."

"Tr-trust me! Grkkk... there are plenty'o'blokes between here and Petra who would like to know, love!"

Seraphimus snorted. "Not only are you out of strips, but you're out of ideas." She dropped him to the street.

"Whoah! Ooomf!"

"You're pathetic," she grumbled, leering over him. "Cease pursuing my traveling companions and I... or I will be forced to make you pay out your chest cavity." And she turned to resume her march uphill.

"Mmmmff... pl-please..." Jacko reached out towards her, half-collapsed on the ground. "The shithole they got me boys and I in..." He shook his head, ears wobbling. "It ain't goin' nowheah but to the sharks! Petra... Petra's got eccentric yobbahs who'll pay heaps of strips to know what's really goin' on beyond the Edge! Don't ya see, sheila? I'm givin' ya someone to turn to!"

Seraphimus stopped in mid-step. She breathed thoughtfully, head turned halfway.

"That's what youse lookin' for, aye?" Jacko's eyes narrowed. "A safe haven? Y'know... spit on me blood all ya want, love, but at least we Tail-Bloodahs are only askin' for strips. The bats-o's and the change-o's are out for ya bodies. And the shard-o's... well... not even your souls are safe heah, ya reckon?"

"... ... ..." Seraphimus turned towards him—

"Sera???" Rainbow's voice called out from above. "Where've you gone, girl? Stay in sight!"

Seraphimus glanced up the hill, then back down at Jacko. With a steely gaze, she pointed and spoke: "Meet me someplace quiet. Four hours from now."

"Meet ya...?" Jacko struggled up to his feet. "Uhhh... exactly wheah?"

"Never you mind." Her wings spread. "I will find you." FWOOOSH! And she rocketed towards the rest of the Herald at the entrance to the Forge.

Jacko shuddered in place. He rubbed his throat as his ears drooped. "Bloody emu with tits..." A slight pause, and his razor sharp teeth showed beneath a crooked grin. "I think I'm in love...!"

PreviousChapters Next