• Published 4th Jun 2017
  • 14,647 Views, 13,299 Comments

Ofolrodi - Imploding Colon



Rainbow Dash traverses the perils of the Dark Side of the world to reach the Midnight Armory.

  • ...
24
 13,299
 14,647

PreviousChapters Next
To Track Your Herald

"One moment, I was rreaching out to my alchemic equipment—to steady it!" Kepler shivered as he perched on the edge of the wagon. "A forrce of habit. You must forrgive me..."

"It's okay, dude," Rainbow grumbled. She scooped heaps of supplies into her forelimbs and dumped them unceremoniously into the space of a missing crate atop the wagon. "What next?"

"Well... that verry following moment..." Kepler gulped, brushing his hairs back. "...something strruck. It strruck! The beast was upon us! But—mirraculously—its deathly girrth did not end all of ourr lives."

"So... you remember the moment of impact?" Rainbow Dash asked, looking at him directly. "You saw what happened when the thing landed on top of us?"

"Do you not, Rrainbow One?"

"I..." Rainbow fidgeted in place. "...I-I had my pendant knocked off..."

"My starrs and garrterrs!" Kepler was visibly surprised. "What a calamity! Did you managed to rretrrieve it?!?"

"Uhhhhh..." Rainbow leaned back, pointing to the Element in question. "I'm standing here in front of you, am I not?"

Kepler winced. "A thousand parrdons, frriend. It's just that... such an orrdeal must have been verry taxing to you."

"Yeah. It was." Rainbow cleared her throat. "So... the moment of impact—"

"Rright!" Kepler leaned back, adjusting his glasses. "That's just the thing. Therre was no impact."

"Uhhhhh—"

"Something that immense...?" He exhaled, shaking his head. "It displaced a thunderrous pocket of airr that pushed us out of harrm's way beforre the final hammerr would fall—as t'werre."

"Then it must have thrown us all every which way," Rainbow said.

"Prrecisely!" Kepler cleared his throat, then gazed across the hidden alcove. "As you can see, I managed to keep ahold of the vehicle. Well... almost." He managed a weak, breathy: "Ha-Hah!"

"You should be proud, Keps," Rainbow said. She gave Twilight Sparkle a glance. "Being so close to the wagon is how I found you."

"Do yourr ghostly frriends know wherre the rrest of the Herrald are?"

"That's..." Rainbow looked at Fluttershy—who was shaking her head. "...is proving to be a lot suckier a prospect than we had hoped."

"Allow me to guess," Kepler remarked. "The crreaturre's immensity is thrrowing yourr extrra senses off."

"Something like that."

"Then perrhaps we should be looking forr something else," Kepler remarked. "You were able to hone in on the wagon, yes?"

"Uh huh."

"Then maybe the next best thing is—"

"Flynn!" Twilight said.

"Flynn. Got it." Rainbow nodded. "But we're not going to get a bead on him by staying down in here." She looked at her friend again. "Are we, Twilight?"

She shook her head. "We need to get out in the open. Way out."

"That'll get you exposed to the most... uh... leylines, right?"

"Close enough."

"Good."

"Then it is settled!" Kepler began sorting through the supplies Rainbow had dumped back into the wagon. "You shall go forrwarrd with yourr searrch. In the meantime, I will see about steadying what rremains of ourr possessions."

"Nope."

Kepler looked up, glasses rattling. "Buh?"

Swooosh! Rainbow flew onto the rear of the wagon and began pushing it. "Grnnnngh!" She slowly shoved the thing back the way she had initially entered the alcove. "If I'm going to rescue all our friends, I'm going to need this thing."

"Would you not do a morre efficient job flying out therre and rrescuing the Herrald, one by one?"

"Not really. I don't even know if I can make my way back here," Rainbow said. "Also... that beast is rolling through this crud like a mole cricket through a giant litter box. There may not even be a hiding place for long."

"Uhhhhhh..."

"Also Big Show."

"Ha-hah!" Kepler nodded. "No, I suppose you would not be able to carry him back herre on yourr lonesome."

"I could bring you to help me carry the load, but..." Rainbow smirked sweatily as she shoved the wagon into a swifter glide. "...I don't suppose wyverns are supposed to split in two, asexual or not."

"A fine soul indeed who can make with the jocularr phrrases while facing utterr oblivion."

"I wouldn't speak so flippantly about oblivion yet, bud." Rainbow winced, for the thunder and tremors were getting closer. Dust and pebbles fell all around them. "It's out there... going for a stroll."

"Then I suspect we must find a way to strroll arround it."

"Yeah..." Rainbow shuddered, aiming the wagon for a cave exit, and the starlight beyond. "...this will be fun-and-a-half."

"How can I be of assistance to you in this venturre, Rrainbow one?"

"Does Flynn's wagon have a record player?"

"Uhm... sadly, no."

"Then you're just gonna have to hum some Radiohay while I push this thing on the open road." Another tremor shook, and Rainbow had to shake the limestone sediment out of her mane. "Ohhhhhhhhhhh how I hate sunday drives."

PreviousChapters Next