• Published 17th May 2017
  • 4,241 Views, 108 Comments

My Name is Eris - megabyte97



Eris can't seem to catch a break, but when given a one in infinity chance to make a difference she takes it... Now the question is how much of a difference is she going to make in a world where Equestria hasn't been founded yet?

  • ...
13
 108
 4,241

@#$%^&*

I feel horrible. Too hot, too cold, my throat feels like it is swelling shut, and the lower half of my body feels numb. To top it all off, I have a migraine, which makes me feel like my head is going to explode like a watermelon.

I groan and don’t even attempt to open my eyes. I hear something coming up to me but I don’t have the strength to do anything but clutch my head with my hooves. Some sort of bowl is pressed to my lips, and when I feel the cool liquid in it I gulp it down…

By the gods that was a mistake.

I feel like my throat is burning. A burning that the flames of Tartarus couldn’t hope to match. The concoction makes its way down my throat and I feel as if I swallowed a mixture of vodka, gasoline, and gunpowder, followed by a lit match.

I smash my hooves into the bowl to get it away from me and grab my throat as I try to cough up my lungs. The world shrinks until it is just me and the burning sensation slithering down my throat leaving third degree burns in its wake.

I don’t know how long I lie there hacking and coughing, but it feels like eons before the sensation dies down. I focus on breathing, and eventually the pain simply fades away.

……

…………..


My eyes open with a snap, and I can already tell I have changed again. Smelling the world in a different way and the fact that I can feel hooves again… are surprisingly not the first indicators… Nope…

My first hint that I have changed once more is my magic becoming active. I could actively feel magic swirling around me like a freaking storm. Not like a thunderstorm, but like a hurricane, a tornado, and an erupting volcano all came together to destroy any civilization on this side of the planet. There is no word to describe how volatile my magic is right now and it is reacting to something I haven’t even thought of.

My magic is reacting to me being, undeniably, absolutely, two-thousand nine hundred seventy three percent pissed!

I know I can hold a grudge, I have an understanding with the emotion of hatred, and if anything living was in my sight when I opened my eyes I would have undoubtedly killed it without a second thought.

Most mortals would probably call me a psychopath, and they are probably right. Eons upon eons of being used as a tool and a weapon by my former mistress has probably made me a loose cannon, add in emotions I can’t turn off anymore and I am probably the equivalent of a nuclear warhead just waiting for the right trigger to set me off.

I literally can’t think right now. Clenching my jaw tells me that I have fangs now and bringing up two black hooves with holes in them to grab my muzzle just makes me madder! I can feel my left eye twitching rapidly and realize that I am stuck in a feedback loop with my anger which in turn only makes me more pissed off!

I scramble to my hooves and look around. I am completely alone, the zebra is gone, and the spirit foal is missing. Around me are rolling plains as far as I can see, with only the mountains breaking up the scenery. Falling on my rump, I can feel my entire body shaking, and my magic begs to be used. Bringing my forehooves up to my face once again, I try to focus my magic, and to my joy the magic leaps to the bottom of my holed hooves with a golden glow.

A manic rictus slowly splits my face as I lift the limbs above my head… and bring them down in fury.

The entire world just stops for a moment, a split second of absolute calm and silence…

……

…………

I stomp my hooves into the earth again as my grin twitches, no change.

I stomp my hooves again and again as my grin slowly dies. I scowl and clench my jaw before twisting my head to look behind me.

I have a long blue mane and tail, along with my hide having become something like a black shell. There are holes through my hooves, but with how angry I am I can’t bring myself to care about it.

All I can think of is how much I want to punch something. I want to punch something, anything, in the face so hard that it explodes in a fountain of gore! My head whips around looking for anything I can take my anger out on. I can’t see anything I can beat to death, so I pick a direction and start galloping.

My strides are long and uneven. I stumble a number of times, with every mistake followed by a loud crack I can hear in my head. It becomes painful to run, but with every spike of pain I get more and more livid. I see a large tree in the distance and grin, pouring on the speed despite my body’s protests, and two translucent wings buzz to life on my back. Closing the distance quickly to my target, I lunge forward with my left forehoof cocked back before extending the limb forward.

I can feel something happen to the hoof as it makes contact with the tree that is wider than I am, but it doesn’t make a dent in the tree… Nope…

When my hoof connects with the tree it explodes with enough force to put a stick of dynamite to shame.

I slam into the ground on the other side of the jagged stump I left behind and roll to a stop. I gulp down air as a haze settles over my mind.

...I need more.

It isn’t a thought, but a fact I could feel in myself. I need to hit something else.

Climbing to my hooves, I screech as a spike of agony travels through my left forehoof. Scowling at the appendage, I can see a large crack extending from the bottom all the way to where the limb ended. Strangely enough the agony makes me even madder as I force the leg to support my weight. My head whips around once more looking for anything to destroy before I simply snarl and start galloping in a random direction again.

I am every synonym of mad right now. I want to kill, I want to mutilate, I want to *&%$#@^* the next animal I see and use its skull as an outhouse.

The anger and agony shooting through my mind blurs the world around me, with every step the ground fades a little more. Silence reigns with my heartbeat being the only sound I hear. I can feel something off in the distance, a flame in the fog shrouding me and I make a beeline for it. I can feel it getting closer.Beating my wings, I leap forward, bringing both of my forehooves together to smash whatever the flame is into nonexistence.

I hear something give with a sickening crunch and something wet coats my hooves. I take a deep breath and take some small satisfaction from the smell.

...But I still need more.

The haze in my mind lifts for the briefest of moments as I try to remember how the flame I just snuffed out felt like. I am rewarded when more flames appear in the distance, almost like candles on a birthday cake.

I take off, smashing through anything in my way face first. The world fades away again, but nothing is going to stop me from finding the flames and destroying them.

Author's Note:

Eris has issues, leave a comment down below if you want me to write more about them.