• Published 16th May 2017
  • 1,722 Views, 25 Comments

Sweet Affection 2: Friends and Romance - Masterob



Starlight hopes to be a good mentor to the Crusaders and other foals while Rumble and Tender Taps try to help each other when it comes to filly love.

  • ...
5
 25
 1,722

Complications

The next day the foals were gathered in front of the Castle of Friendship. The Mane 6 were about to leave on a journey, the Cutie Map had called them to the Changeling Hive.

"This is so exciting, our sisters and friends are going on another big adventure!" Apple Bloom said.

"To the Changeling Hive too, that's so cool...sorta" Scootaloo said, not really to fond of The Changelings, never really having a reason to be in the past.

"It's a good thing they're our friends now, but what kind of Friendship trouble could they be having?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Maybe they're trying to learn about Friendship? Or more of it?" Tender Taps asked.

"Could be, ah mean King Thorax has somewhat of an idea thanks to Spike, but it couldn't hurt fer then to have a little more help," Apple Bloom said.

"I'm sure whatever it is, they can figure it out," Scootaloo said.

"They're the smartest ponies when it comes to friendship after all," Rumble said.

All the foals nodded in agreement as the Mane 6 came outside, ready to go on an Adventure.

"Alright girls, you all ready?" Twilight asked.

"Sure are Twi, I'm ready to do this," Applejack said.

"I'm ready too, though I am a bit concerned that all of us are needed for this," Rarity admitted.

"I'm sure whatever it is, it won't be so bad, Changelings are just new to friendship after all," Fluttershy said.

"Right, and it's our duty to teach them all we can," Twilight said proudly.

Sweetie Belle trotted over to her older sister, "Good luck out there Rarity, and be careful."

"I will Sweetie Belle, don't you worry," Rarity said, then looked to Rumble. "Besides you have somepony to keep you company."

Rumble nodded to Rarity, "I promsie to be with her when she needs me."

"I trust you to take good care of my sister while I'm off, of course our parents are also around, when they're not busy," Rarity thought a moment, "Which is kinda rare honestly. But I'm sure you'll take great care of her."

"You bet," Rumble said with a grin. "I will protect my Princess."

The other mares giggled a little at that, Rumble's knightly attitude toward Sweetie Belle is very adorable.

"I'm so glad to hear that, you're such an adorable coltfriend for my dear little sister," Rarity said and kissed Rumble on his head, causing him to blush a bit.

"Really, it's no big deal," Rumble said, shyly kicking his hooves, getting more of a giggle from the other mares.

Apple Bloom trotted toward Applejack, "Be safe out there sis."

"We'll be fine, doubt there's too much trouble fer us," Applejack said, then leaned in to speak low, "And if you should happen to finally date Tender Taps, let me know everything that happened."

Apple Bloom blushed, "Fer the last time sis, ah don't think he's interested, not anymore. After that chaos with Rumble, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, ah may have messed up any chance ah had of being with him."

"Don't give up just yet," Applejack insisted. "Maybe he'll return the feelings, maybe he'll go fer another filly, but you gotta at least try."

Apple Bloom nodded, "Right."

Scootaloo trotted to Rainbow Dash, "This may just be a friendship thing, but if it gets rough, I hope you kick a lot of butt."

"Yeah, I will," Rainbow Dash said, then gestured over to Tender Taps as she spoke low. "By the way, how's your relationship with him? Still just friends?"

Scootaloo blushed a little, "Um, for now. I don't really know how to go about this, I don't even know my own feelings." Scootaloo glanced slightly to Rumble, "I still have a lot to figure out."

"Good luck on that, wish I could say more but romance isn't really my thing. But I think Tender Taps is a good kid for you," Rainbow Dash said. "Just keep trying until he likes you. Even if he ends up liking somepony else, don't give up without trying."

Scootaloo nodded, "Sure thing Rainbow Dash."

Dinky and Tender Taps both approached Twilight.

"Good luck Princess, and I promise to practice my lessons," Dinky said.

"I'm sure you will, I'll resume everything once I've returned, but I do ask that you give Starlight a chance," Twilight said.

"Sure thing Princess Twilight," Dinky said.

Tender Taps spoke next, "I'm sure you'll do a great job on the mission Princess. I bet with your smarts and powers, you'll be done in no time."

"Aw, that's why you're one of my favorites Tender Taps," Twilight said and kissed his forehead.

Tender Taps backed away a little with a blush, "Come on Twilight, that's embarrassing and awkward."

"I know," Twilight said, getting an annoyed glare from Tender Taps.

"Why must you be so pretty? Makes it hard to be mad at you," Tender Taps complained.

"Why? It's not that hard sometimes," Spike said, coming out of the castle. "Though in my experience, I can't stay mad long, I do love Twilight very much, even if she can be a bit of a pain."

Twilight playfully rolled her eyes, "I love you as well Spike, even if you can be a pain yourself."

"Anyway we should get going if we wanna get to the Hive soon," Spike said.

Dinky looked surprised, "Wait, you're going too Spike?"

"Of course, Thorax is my friend, of course I'm gonna help him out," Spike said.

"That's really nice of ya Spike," Apple Bloom said.

Starlight also came outside, looking a bit worried. "So I'm here by myself? You sure you don't need me to come along?"

"We'll be fine Starlight, this could be your chance to bond with the foals while we're gone," Twilight said.

"Maybe Trixie can keep you company, is she around?" Fluttershy asked.

"Not right now, I think she went to do a performance somewhere," Starlight said.

"She'll be back soon then, once her first act fails," Rainbow Dash joked.

Starlight glared at the brash Pegasus, "Please don't say something like that, Trixie's a great friend, she was the first pony I could really relate to."

"Just be careful, I thought I had a good friend in Lightning Dust, and I'm sure you heard about how that turned out," Rainbow Dash said.

Twilight sighed, "Let's not get into this right now. Anyway Starlight we'll be gone for a few days, try your best as their teacher, I believe in your abilities."

"Aw, thanks Twilight," Starlight said with a cheerful smile.

Twilight nodded as she walked off with her friends to the train station. "See you in a few days!"

"Stay out of trouble Apple Bloom!" Applejack said.

"You too Sweetie Belle! Thunderlane might come by to check on you as well!" Rarity said.

As they all left, Dinky turned to Sweetie Belle a bit confused. "Don't your parents live in Ponyville?"

"They're usually very busy, sometimes they travel, actually they travel a lot," Sweetie Belle said. "Plus they want to make sure I bond with Rarity, they think it's good for both of us."

"I spend a lot of my time with Thunderlane, so I can get what your parents are saying," Rumble said.

Dinky nodded, "It's nice that you bond so well with your sister, me and my sister get along just great as well."

"You're all lucky to have a sibling to bond with, I wish I had a sibling myself," Tender Taps said.

"You can do like I did, I look up to Rainbow Dash as a sister, find a pony you can look up to as a big brother or sister," Scootaloo said.

"I'd like to do that with Princess Twilight, but she already has Spike for a little brother," Tender Taps said.

"Hey Spike's pretty much grown up, I'm sure Twilight would love another little brother," Apple Bloom said.

"Or, maybe I can be your big sister Tender Taps," Starlight suggested.

Tender Taps looked amazed to hear that. The student of the Princess of Friendship as his older sister sounds so surprising to him. "Really? You'd do that? I mean you don't have to."

"Nonsense," Starlight said, approaching Tender Taps and pulling him into a side hug. "I'd love to have a little brother, so if you need a big sister, that's what I'm here for."

Tender Taps wasn't sure what to think, he did feel flattered that Starlight wanted to be his big sister, she's an apprentice to his favorite Princess after all. But he also felt a bit worried at how to be a good younger brother.

"That's really cute, now we all have older siblings," Apple Bloom said.

Tender Taps looked up at Starlight, "I'm really flattered, thanks. But what does it mean for you to be like my older sister?"

Starlight was about to answer, then realized she didn't know how to. "Um...well I guess it means we spend a lot of time together...and we do fun things together...and we like to talk to each other...that's about all I know."

"I guess we can figure it out together," Tender Taps said.

Starlight ruffled his mane, "I'd like that."

Sweetie Belle got their attention, "Anyway Starlight, are you gonna teach us anything today?"

Starlight tapped her chin, "I'm really not sure what to teach you, like I said I'm not much of a teacher."

"Isn't there anything you know?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Um...I can at least help you with transporting items like Twilight does," Starlight said.

Dinky nodded, "That's fine, I still need to practice the transporting thing."

"Great, follow me into the castle," Starlight said, gesturing the others to join her, taking them into the castle.

Tender Taps walked close to Starlight, considering she was now his big sister, he wanted to spend some extra time with her. Starlight noticed this, she felt flattered by it as well, loving how sweet Tender Taps was being.

Both Apple Bloom and Scootaloo focused closely on Tender Taps, no secret that both fillies have a thing for the young colt.

Apple Bloom has always liked Tender Taps, she hadn't really realized it until very recently, especially around the time Scootaloo started to like him. She shouldn't have been so focused on the relationship of others.

Scootaloo herself finding the colt very charming, and probably what she really needed in a colt. She thought she liked Rumble because she believed she needed a senstitive colt to calm her tough attitude. But Tender Taps has that same sensitivity, and he actually likes her tough attitude. Though she's still having trouble deciding what she really wants.

Dinky herself focused on Tender Taps, she had to admit he's pretty handsome. She would say he's the most handsome colt she knows, well at least besides Rumble. She looked to he rbest friend, who was walking very closely next to Sweetie Belle. She at times still can't believe that Rumble got the filly he liked.

While she's happy for Rumble, the downside is that he spends more time with Sweetie Belle than he does with her, but she knew that would happen, at least for the first few weeks. Even so, despite her knowing that and how happy she is for Rumble, she does miss spending time with him. She should try to fix that.

They arrived in the room where Twilight usually teaches them magic, Starlight standing in the center while placing a long stick before them. "Alright girls, show me your abilities."

"I'll go first," Sweetie Belle said. She used her magic to grab the stick very easily and concentrated on teleporting the item.

"Visualize where you want it to go, think really carefully about it" Starlight instructed.

Sweetie Belle focused hard, trying to send the stick to the other side of the room. When she tried to do so, she instead only got it half-way across. "Aw man, not far enough."

"Still pretty good," Starlight said.

"Yeah, you're so amazing Sweetie Belle," Rumble said.

Sweetie blushed, "Aw, thanks Rumble."

"Try again Sweetie Belle," Starlight instructed. "Concentrate really hard."

Sweetie Belle nodded and went for a few more attempts. Each time she got closer and closer, but she still couldn't get it across the room, she even started to transport it less and less.

"Seriously! I can't even get it as far as I used to!" Sweetie Belle said.

"You're getting too frustrated, maybe go relax a bit," Starlight insisted.

Sweetie Belle nodded and went to sit right next to Rumble, the young Pegasus wrapping his wing around her and kissing her cheek a little. Sweetie Belle giggled and returned the kiss to his cheek.

Dinky took the moment to step forward and started lifting the item. Before doing anything she turned around, "Hey Rumble, watch me ok?"

Rumble was nuzzling Sweetie Belle a little, barely listening to his friend. "Huh?"

"Dinky's about to do the teleportation next," Apple Bloom said.

Rumble looked ahead, seeing Dinky with an eager smile and the stick levitating. "Oh, that's cool, good luck Dinky."

Dinky nodded and focused on the stick she was levitating, "Time to do this."

"Remember, concentrate on where you want it to go," Starlight instructed.

Dinky nodded and did her best to focus, hoping to do a better job. She tried concentrating and transporting the item, though struggling each time.

"You can do it Dinky, just keep trying," Starlight encouraged.

Dinky focused harder, hoping to prove herself. "Come on Dinky, you can do it."

Starlight eagerly watched to see if Dinky would be able to make the trick work. She felt bad, not sure if she should be saying more or doing something. She has a chance to be a teacher to these foals, but she's worried that she might mess up.

Dinky struggled hard, focusing intently until she finally got something. She was able to teleport the item, though only by a few inches. Still she managed to do it.

"You did it Dinky!" Starlight said, happy that the young Unicorn was able to move it a little bit.

"I did! I really did!" Dinky turned around, "Hey Rumble did you see-" Unfortunatley for her, Rumble wasn't even watching, he was busy kissing Sweetie Belle. "Rumble!"

Rumble turned to see Dinky, "Huh?"

"You said you would watch! You missed me teleporting the stick!" Dinky shouted.

"Wait, you managed to teleport it?" Rumble asked.

"Only by a few inches, but it's still something," Starlight said.

Rumble's ears dropped, "Oh, I'm sorry Dinky, I guess I turned away a second."

Dinky groaned, having trouble staying mad at him. "I'll try to do it again, but please watch Rumble, it would mean a lot if my best friend could see me do well."

Rumble nodded, "Sure thing, I'll keep watch this time, I promise."

Dinky huffed as she turned back to the stick. What happened was a bit annoying but she feels she can just do it again, this time with Rumble watching. Starlight watched intently, hoping to see Dinky pull it off again.

Unfortunatley Dinky wasn't able to repeat her success, it seems like she lost the motivation to try. After more failed attempts, she tossed the stick aside and trotted angrily back to the other ponies.

"Ok...well anything else you girls want to learn?" Starlight asked.

"Maybe we can learn how to change color on some things? I would love to make some things look prettier," Sweetie Belle said.

"Um, I guess we could try that, let me find a spell for it," Starlight said, pulling out a book.

As she searched, Rumble trotted over to Dinky. "Hey, I'm really sorry I missed you teleporting that stick before."

Dinky nodded, "Uh-huh."

Rumble rubbed his head, "I'm sure you'll do it again, you're really smart and talented Dinky."

"Thanks..." Dinky said, not really caring.

Rumble sighed and sat beside her, "I know you're upset but-"

"It's fine, really," Dinky insisted, though her tone of voice suggested otherwise.

"Are you sure? I can understand if you're mad, I did say I would watch and I didn't," Rumble said.

"Rumble I'm fine, alright?" Dinky said, putting on a fake smile, one that didn't really fool Rumble.

"Dinky..." Rumble hoped to get her to be honest but Dinky stood up.

"I gotta go, I need to relax a bit so I can get my concentration back," Dinky said and left the room, leaving Rumble a bit concerned.

Sweetie Belle trotted over, "Where's Dinky going? The next lesson's gonna start soon."

Rumble shrugged, "I have no idea, she's upset about something though, I can tell."

Sweetie Belle looked unsure, then heard Starlight call, "Alright, I think I have something similar to what you wanted Sweetie Belle, but it's not exactly-" She looked around, "Where's Dinky."

"She left, she wants to relax a bit before trying again," Rumble said.

"Oh, that makes sense, she did seem frustrated," Starlight said.

"Guess we shouldn't bother her right now then," Apple Bloom suggested.

"Right, she probably needs to think about things, talk to her a bit later alright?" Starlight said.

Rumble nodded, "Ok." As the other ponies went back to the lesson, Rumble looked toward Dinky's direction. "I hope you're really alright Dinky."