• Published 29th May 2017
  • 3,566 Views, 284 Comments

The Shadowbolts Adventures - DragonShadow



The continuing adventures of the Crystal Prep Shadowbolts as they and their friends deal with life, love, magic, and adventure.

  • ...
3
 284
 3,566

Prank Wars Part 04

Crystal Prep was a beautiful building suitable for being one of the most esteemed schools in the state. It was a high class institution, where the best and brightest minds in the Crystal City would sharpen their minds on a daily basis to prepare for a future that would contribute to the greater good of not just their families, but to the country as a whole. This place had produced countless students who had gone on to change the world.

It was also full of bright, colorful balloon animals who appeared to be frolicking and playing in the hallways.

"You've got to be kidding me." Indigo Zap rubbed her eyes as the double doors swung closed behind she and her four best Shadowbolt friends. "Balloon animals?"

"Grrr..." Sour Sweet growled and clenched her fists. "They did it again!"

Indigo Zap shook her head in bemusement. "Who exactly are you feuding with? Ponyacci?"

"I don't know!" Sour Sweet hooked her hands in front of her chest dramatically. "Some CHS scum."

Sugarcoat rubbed her chin with one hand. "This may be a weird mess, but look on the bright side."

Lemon Zest cocked her head curiously. "What bright side?"

Sugarcoat grinned. "This is Principal Cinch's problem."

As if on cue, a shrill, piercing voice echoed through the empty hallways. "Was it you? Somebody is responsible for this, and I am going to find out who it was! Nobody defiles the halls of Crystal Preparatory Academy! This is an institution of higher learning, not an amusement park!" Her shrill cry faded as she rounded the corner further down the hallway and caught sight of the five friends in the lobby. Her eye was twitching as she marched rapidly towards them with her fists clenched at her sides. "It was you, wasn't it?"

"No, it wasn't us! We just got here!" Indigo Zap exclaimed.

"That doesn't mean you didn't do this over the weekend!" Cinch crossed her arms over her chest, giving them a stern glare. "Unless you have some sort of alibi?"

Indigo Zap straightened her back and jammed a thumb into the chest. "We don't need no stinking alibi! We're innocent until proven guilty!"

Principal Cinch's eyes narrowed dangerously, as if she could burn holes in them just with a single look, but her tension soon eased somewhat. "Very well then, maybe I can't punish you without proof, but you will spend your lunch time removing these balloons from the school grounds."

"What!?" Indigo exclaimed. "Why us!?"

Cinch just gave them a cheeky smirk as she adjusted her glasses on the top of her hooked nose. "Surely such innocent, upstanding students as yourselves are eager to give back to Crystal Prep. All I ask is a little bit of your time." The five friends exchanged swift glances, but none of them said anything more. "Good, if you miss even one of them you'll have detention for the rest of the week, so I suggest you take your time and be very thorough."

Taking their silence as obedience, Cinch was more calm as she turned to make her way back through the hallways towards her office. Students and rubbery animals alike seemed to duck out of her path to avoid touching her.

"So much for your upside..." Lemon Zest rubbed the back of her neck. "This sucks..."

"Those CHS bitches are so gonna get it now!" Sour Sweet declared with venom in her eyes.

"Sour Sweet, this feud is what got us into this mess," Sunny Flare pleaded with her hands in front of her. "Please let this go, for your own good and the good of all of us." Her words fell on deaf ears, however, as Sour Sweet marched on ahead of the group towards her first class. "Lemon Zest, do something! She's your girlfriend!"

Lemon Zest rolled her eyes. "Pfft. I can barely keep her from throwing my dog across the bedroom, you think she listens to me when she gets riled up?"

"Well she won't listen to any of us. Just try, will you?"

"Fine, I'll try." Lemon sighed. "I gotta admit I am a little worried when she gets like this. It's like she doesn't listen to anything or anybody."

Sugarcoat raised her finger pointedly. "You knew that going into this relationship. Time to step up and face her head on."

"It's definitely better than dealing with Cinch." Indigo Zap shuddered at even having to say the name. "A little good fun is one thing, but this could go bad for us in a hurry."

"Yeah, yeah..." Lemon Zest bit her lip. "I promise I'll do my best to get through to her..."