• Published 26th May 2017
  • 682 Views, 5 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic: The Numeric War - moviemaster8510



The members of Lamss return to Equestria right as a mysterious organization is hunting for the mysterious and powerful Numbers cards.

  • ...
15
 5
 682

PreviousChapters Next
Part 2: Marathon - Chapter 9: A Reunion

Author's Note:

This chapter's featured card: Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max

Xyz Monster Rank: 10 ATK: 3000 DEF: 3000 Attribute: EARTH Type: Machine

2 Level 10 Monsters

Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; inflict 2000 damage to your opponent.

It was still late when the last of the ball guests left the Canterlot Palace grounds. Derpy Hooves and Little Strongheart made their way into the royal hall where Princess Luna met them.

“So, Wranglers,” she spoke, “have you found any information about those four agents?”

“Yes,” said Derpy in her serious and proper voice. “They referred to each other by alias’ the entire night. From what I could gather, Ryan is known as Mr. Jack, Diana is Ms. Queen, Chase: Mr. King, and Mark: Mr. Ace.”

“The only thing of interest that I could see was the grey haired agent having an argument with the one with the dark-blonde hair, but they weren’t disrupting anything," Little Strongheart reported.

“Excellent,” said Princess Luna. “You know you two are some of my best Wranglers. I couldn’t keep track of the festivities while I was greeting guests at the door. I don’t have eyes in the back of my head, but as you know, that’s what you’re for.”

“By the way,” interrupted Derpy, “with all that’s going on with these Number hunters, I say we try and gather back as many Numbers as possible. I can’t trust any human, not even the Lamss people, with being in possession of any Numbers cards if it means that Inverz will return.”

“Agent Derpy,” said Princess Luna in a louder tone. “The members of Lamss are exceptional duelists. I can certainly trust them with gathering the Numbers as much as any pony.”

“As far as we know, the only agent that we’ve seen fight among them is the one they call Ryan, alias Mr. Jack. If I’m not mistaken, the Queen, King, and Ace trumps the jack in value in any standard playing card deck. That must mean that he’s the inferior of the four duelists, behind Diana, Chase, and Mark respectively, and yet he still whittled Alex’s life points to 200 when he dueled him. If that’s the case, he won’t stand a chance against his superiors. Please respect the fact that I don’t want to take the Numbers from our allies because I think they want to bring the downfall of Equestria which you and I both know isn’t the case. I want to take the Numbers before those agents have a chance to.”

Despite the façade of Derpy being mentally handicapped, she was shown to be a well spoken and intelligent pony (even if her crossed eyes were still stuck with her no matter what), a perfect candidate for being one of Luna’s personal secret agents that spans all throughout Equestria, including Appleloosa, where Little Strongheart is the head of the branch there. Luna took a while to consider this plan of Derpy’s.

“Derpy,” Princess Luna relented, “you have my full permission to carry on your plans. But first, you two must control some Numbers of your own so you can stand a fighting chance against anyone wielding them.”

She then tossed two Numbers each to both Derpy and Little Strongheart.

“Thank you, Princess,” said Derpy respectfully as she bowed to her.

She then gave her two Numbers to Little Strongheart.

“Wait, you’ll need those!” bellowed Princess Luna to Derpy.

“Don’t worry,” assured Derpy. “It’s all part of the plan.”

Luna had a slight smile on her face that said that she was fully capable of trusting Derpy with her mission.

____________________________________

It was late in the afternoon when many of the ponies competing in the tournament were waking up from their naps, as they’d need to be very well rested if they were going to be competing in 24 hour dueling marathon. The members of Lamss were packing snacks and bottles of water for further energy. After that, they got dressed in their dueling attire. Alex had a black long-sleeved shirt, and had an unbuttoned long sleeved white dress shirt over it. He was also wearing a pair of his trademark khaki pants and black shoes. Being that it was a bit chilly outside, he also decided to wear a white Tool beanie with the Lateralus text design.

Sammy wore an unzipped red hoodie with a black t-shirt and blue jeans with a pair of brown UGGs. Maddie wore a light blue cotton turtleneck with a pair of loose black pants and black shoes. Charley wore her usual dark blue blouse with gold stitching and gold shin-length skirt, choosing to go barefoot. She let her new long hair hang out behind her freely. Lucas wore a black blouse with white pants and brown loafers. Scott wore a white turtleneck with his white dress pants and white loafers, while his partner Zelda wore a black KMFDM shirt with the Symbols album art on it.

She also had an unzipped black leather jacket and a pair of faded black jeans with black sneakers. Eli borrowed a pair of Alex’s khaki pants, his own Iron Maiden t-shirt, and an unbuttoned brown flannel shirt that Alex also let Eli borrow. Eli also decided to wear his Union Jack converses. With that everyone was good to go. Now they just had to play the waiting game until 11:45 when they would go to the Ponyville Park and await midnight, letting them duel literally all day.

Eli was feeling a bit nervous. His real trials as the guardian of Equestria were nigh, but being done in such an unconventional way as Duel Monsters made it seem… rather weird. He had already downed two bottles of water and knew that it wasn’t helping. What he wanted was a shot of whisky or vodka, but he knew it would be an extremely stupid idea to duel while even the slightest bit drunk. Plus, if he was going to be dueling for 24 hours straight, alcohol would only tire him quicker. He took a handful of chewy fish shaped candies from his bag and scarfed them.

It was 11:40 PM, and everyone had made their way to the park where the introductory celebration would begin. Along the way, they caught up with Twilight Sparkle and her equine friends along with Spike, who ran up to join Sammy as her partner.

Pinkie Pie hopped up next to Lucas to join him. “I can’t believe the EFDC is starting up again. I can’t wait! I’m so excited! Are you excited? Because I’m excited! Even though I said that twice, I don’t care I’ll say it again: I’m so excited!!”

“Pinkie, how many sweets have you been eating?” asked Eli.

“Not that many. I only had 2 Sprinkly Winkly Cupcakes, 3 Double Fudgy Donuts, a caramel vanilla toffee sundae, and about a dozen snickerdoodles. But I got plenty more where that came from!”

She then took out her bag that contained a nasty mushed up mix of cakes, cookies, pies, and other various sweets.

“Ughh… you carry those all around with you?” asked Eli.

“You bet! I got the pies that will cross your eyes. I got the cakes that will make you quake.”

“And I got the burgers…” said Eli referencing a movie from his world, “…well, I just got burgers.”

“Ooh, yummy! Can I have some? I like mine with pickles and ketchup. It makes them super juicy and delicious…”

Why did I even try? thought Eli over Pinkie’s incessant talking.

____________________________________

It was 11:45 sharp but nothing was going on yet. Pinkie was still talking about malarkey that no one was too interested to talk about anymore. Suddenly, a large bang sounded on the stage around which everyone was gathered. This scared Pinkie Pie into not talking anymore, which Eli was grateful for. Then her hiccups began. Once she started hiccupping, endless talking turned into endless laughter. Eli got fed up but still decided to help Pinkie during the Princess’ introduction. He took out a bottle of water and opened it up for her to drink.

“Drink this and hold your breath,” he told her.

She gulped down the entire bottle and held her breath, puffing her cheeks as she did. After about a minute during the introduction, Pinkie’s face started to turn blue. Eli then told her to go ahead and breathe again. Pinkie did so. There wasn’t a hiccup to be heard.

“Thanks,” giggled Pinkie Pie as she hugged Eli. “You’re such a smarty pants.”

“Don’t mention it,” said Eli emotionlessly.

By the time Pinkie’s antics were done, the introduction was over and there was only a small amount of time before the competition would officially start. As Alex and Eli were discussing things with each other, Braeburn and Rarity approached them.

“Howdy, Alex.”

“Oh hey, Braeburn. What’s up?”

“I remember how two years ago how you and Orion were the first team we played in the 1st EFDC. So I thought it would be nice to make it a tradition for you to be my first opponent again.”

Alex couldn’t help but smile.

“Braeburn, it would be an honor to be your first opponent.”

“Well, that’s just swell.”

“Same place in Sweet Apple Acres?”

“Now you’ve gone and read my mind. In fact let’s head there now. We ain’t supposed to be dueling until midnight, and I want to begin the second the bell tolls.”

“That sounds great. Let’s go.”

____________________________________

By the time they made it to the spot, the clock on Eli’s D-Pad read 11:59:24.

“We got about 30 seconds,” commented Eli.

“Remember,” whispered Rarity, “these two are extremely powerful opponents, so best watch your step.”

“Aw shoot,” said Braeburn, “I fondly remember dueling Alex here, and if my memory serves me well, then you’d be right. I’ll be sure to watch my step.”

“10 seconds now. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1!”

Suddenly, a barrage of fireworks launched off from behind the park, blasting off into the sky.

“Let’s go then!” yelled Alex. Everyone unsheathed their duel disks and drew five cards from their decks.

“DUEL!” cried everyone.

Alex and Eli vs. Rarity and Braeburn

Alex’s Turn: Alex summons Dragunity Partisan (ATK: 1200 DEF: 800). When Dragunity Partisan is summoned, Alex can special summon a Dragunity monster from his hand and equip it with Dragunity Partisan, choosing Dragunity Militum (ATK: 1700 DEF: 1200). Once per turn, with Dragunity Militum’s effect, Alex can special summon a Dragunity monster from the spell and trap zone, choosing Dragunity Partisan.

Alex places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

Rarity’s Turn: Rarity activates Gem-Knight Fusion, sending Gem-Knight Emerald and Gem-Knight Garnet to fusion summon Gem-Knight Citrine (ATK: 2200 DEF: 1950). Next, she activates De-Fusion, sending Gem-Knight Citrine to the extra deck and special summoning Gem-Knight Garnet (ATK: 1900 DEF: 0) and Gem-Knight Emerald (ATK: 1800 DEF: 800) from the graveyard. Rarity then normal summons Gem-Knight Amber (ATK: 1600 DEF: 1400). Rarity overlays Gem-Knight Garnet, Gem-Knight Emerald, and Gem-Knight Amber to xyz summon Number 143: Gleaming Iron Golem in defense position (ATK: 0 DEF: 3000).

Rarity places 1 card face down and ends her turn.

u Hand-0 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Eli’s Turn: Eli activates Graceful Charity, drawing 3 cards and discarding 2. Next, he tributes Dragunity Militum and Dragunity Partisan to summon Koa’ki Meiru Rooklord (ATK: 2800 DEF: 2200). When Koa’ki Meiru Rooklord is normal summoned, Eli can remove from play 2 Koa’ki Meiru monsters in his graveyard to target 2 cards his opponent controls and destroy them, choosing Number 143: Gleaming Iron Golem and Rarity’s face down card. Rarity activates Number 143: Gleaming Iron Golem’s effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, when it’s targeted by a battle or card effect that would destroy it, it can’t be destroyed until the end phase.

Eli places 1 card face down. During the end phase, Eli must either send one Iron Core of Koa’ki Meiru from his hand to the graveyard, reveal one Warrior-type monster in his hand, or destroy Koa’ki Meiru Rooklord. Eli discards an Iron Core of Koa’ki Meiru.

Eli ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“Y’know, Alex,” said Braeburn. “I’ve gotten a lot better at this game since your bein’ gone.”

“Oh really?” said Alex with playful skepticism. “I’d love to see how much you’ve learned.”

“With pleasure.”

____________________________________

Braeburn’s Turn: Braeburn activates his own Graceful Charity, drawing 3 cards and discarding 2. Next, he activates the spell Ancient Gear Factory, removing from play a number of Ancient Gear monsters in his graveyard whose levels are equal to twice the level of an Ancient Gear monster in his hand, and he can summon that monster without tributes, choosing Ancient Gear Beast (ATK: 2000 DEF: 2000). Then, he activates Xyz Plant, making the spell a monster card with the same level as another monster that he controls, choosing Ancient Gear Beast. Braeburn overlays Ancient Gear Beast with Xyz Plant to xyz summon Number 25: Focus Force (ATK: 2800 DEF: 2400).

Braeburn attacks Koa’ki Meiru Rooklord. Eli activates Invincible Hero, preventing Koa’ki Meiru Rooklord’s destruction. Since Koa’ki Meiru Rooklord and Number 25: Focus Force’s ATK are equal, no damage is dealt, and since Numbers can only destroy Numbers in battle, Number 25: Focus Force isn’t destroyed in battle.

Braeburn ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0

____________________________________

“And don’t think that I’ve gotten any worse since my leaving,” said Alex. “You see, I’ve acquired some new friends over the two years I’ve been away, and I’m going to introduce you to one right now!”

____________________________________

Alex’s Turn: Alex summons Dragunity Pilum (ATK: 1400 DEF: 1000). Alex tunes Koa’ki Meiru Rooklord with Dragunity Pilum to synchro summon Toccata, the Fierce Dragoness (ATK: 3000 DEF: 3000). Alex then activates Stop Defense, switching Number 143: Gleaming Iron Golem into attack position. Alex attacks Number 143: Gleaming Iron Golem. Since Numbers can only destroy Numbers in battle, Number 143: Gleaming Iron Golem isn’t destroyed in battle. Damage is still applied normally.

Rarity and Braeburn’s Life Points: 8000 -> 5000

When Toccata, the Fierce Dragoness inflicts damage through battle, its ATK raises by the amount of damage inflicted (ATK: 3000 -> 6000).

Alex ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-8000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Rarity’s Turn: Rarity switches Number 143: Gleaming Iron Golem into defense position.

Rarity summons one monster face down and ends her turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-5000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-0

Eli’s Turn: Eli activates the effect of Iron Core of Koa’ki Meiru in his graveyard, adding it to his hand from his graveyard at the cost of his draw phase. Eli then activates the effect of Koa’ki Meiru Maximus from his hand, special summoning it by removing from play one Iron Core of Koa’ki Meiru from his hand (ATK: 3000 DEF: 2500). Eli then normal summons Koa’ki Meiru Prototype (ATK: 1800 DEF: 1800).

Braeburn activates Number 25: Focus Force's effect. By detaching 1 xyz material from it, he can negate the effects of one level 5 or higher monster his opponent controls, choosing Koa'ki Meiru Maximus. Eli attacks Number 25: Focus Force with Koa’ki Meiru Maximus. Since Numbers can only destroy Numbers in battle, Number 25: Focus Force isn’t destroyed in battle. Damage is still applied normally.

Rarity and Braeburn’s Life Points: 5000 -> 4800

Eli then attacks Rarity’s face down monster with Koa’ki Meiru Prototype, which was a Morphing Jar (ATK: 700 DEF: 600). When Morphing Jar is flip summoned, all players discard their hands and draw 5 new cards from their decks. Eli acctivates Pot of Greed, drawing 2 cards. Next, he activates Dark Core, discarding one card to remove from play one monster on the field, choosing Number 25: Fullmetal Photoglide – Focus Force.

Eli places 1 card face down. Since Eli needing to discard an Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru or a Koa'ki Meiru monster from his hand during the end phase to keep Koa'ki Meiru Maximus on the field was only an effect, and its effect was negated by Number 25: Focus Force, Koa'ki Meiru Maximus stays on the field.

Eli ends his turn.

Status: Hand-3 Life-8000 Monsters-2 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“I have to hand it to ya,” said Braeburn enthusiastically. “That was a really well played move. Great job.”

Eli was never genuinely praised up front for his playing before, and it was quite flattering.

“Well, thanks,” said Eli slightly embarrassed.

Braeburn then said, “But don’t get too excited, because this move is gonna be even better.”

____________________________________

Braeburn’s Turn: Braeburn activates, Heavy Storm, destroying all spell and trap cards on the field. Next, he summons Roaring Express Train Rocket Arrow (ATK: 5000 DEF: 0). Next, he activates Brain Control, taking control of a monster on his opponents side of the field by paying 800 life points, choosing Toccata, the Fierce Dragoness.

Rarity and Braeburn’s Life Points: 4800 -> 4000

Braeburn overlays Roaring Express Train Rocket Arrow with Toccata, the Fierce Dragoness to xyz summon Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max (ATK: 3000 DEF: 3000). Braeburn activates Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max’s effect. By detaching one xyz material from it, Braeburn can inflict 2000 points of damage to Alex and Eli.

Alex and Eli’s Life Points: 8000 -> 6000

Because of Roaring Express Train Rocket Arrow’s effect upon its summoning, Braeburn can’t conduct his battle phase.

Braeburn places 3 cards face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-4000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-3

Alex’s Turn: Alex special summons Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit, as he controls no monsters while his opponent controls one (ATK: 2100 DEF: 1400). Next, he normal summons Dragunity Corsesca (ATK: 800 DEF: 700). Alex then special summons Dragunity Arma Mystletainn from his hand by tributing Dragunity Corsesca (ATK: 2100 DEF: 1500). Alex overlays Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit and Dragunity Arma Mystletainn to xyz summon Number 132: Platinum Scales Wyvern (ATK: 2400 DEF: 2000).

Alex then activates Gift of the Martyr, sending one monster on the field to the graveyard (Koa’ki Meiru Maximus) and having another monster on the field (Number 132: Platinum Scales Wyvern) gain the sent monster’s ATK (ATK: 2400 -> 5400). Alex attacks Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max. Braeburn activates Iron Resolve, halving their life points to negate the battle damage.

Rarity and Braeburn’s Life Points: 4000 -> 2000

Alex places 2 cards face down and ends his turn. Number 132: Platinum Scales Wyvern's ATK returns to normal (ATK: 5400 -> 2400).

Status: Hand-0 Life-6000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-2

____________________________________

Rarity looked a little flustered as their life points were dragged down to their last quarter while Alex and Eli still had three quarters of their life points handy.

“Psst,” called Braeburn to Rarity.

Rarity looked at Braeburn, who gave her a slight nod and smile. Rarity soon found new life in Braeburn’s reassuring gesture and was ready to make her next move.

____________________________________

Rarity’s Turn: Braeburn activates Trap Stun, negating the activation of all traps on the field this turn. Rarity switches Number 143: Gleaming Iron Golem into attack position. Next, she activates the spell Shield and Sword, switching the ATK and DEF of all monsters on the field (ATK: 2400 -> 2000, DEF: 2000 -> 2400, ATK: 0 -> 3000, DEF: 3000 -> 0). Next, Rarity activates Limiter Removal, doubling the attack of all Machine-type monsters on the field (ATK: 3000 -> 6000). Rarity attacks Number 132: Platinum Scales Wyvern.

Alex and Eli’s Life Points: 6000 -> 2000

Rarity summons one monster face down.

Rarity places 1 card face down. The effect of Shield and Sword ends (ATK: 6000 -> 0, DEF: 0 -> 3000). Because of Limiter Removal’s effect, Number 143: Gleaming Iron Golem is destroyed during the end phase.

Rarity ends her turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-2000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

____________________________________

“Holy shit,” groaned Eli getting up after the attack knocked the wind out of him. “What an attack.” “You’re telling me,” said Alex. “That was my monster, so I was the one that got the brunt of the attack.” “Sucks to suck,” said Eli shrugging. “Just go and make your move, Mr. Hot-Shit,” said Alex.

____________________________________

Eli’s Turn: Eli summons Koa’ki Meiru Beetle (ATK: 1900 DEF: 1500). Eli overlays the Koa’ki Meiru token and Koa’ki Meiru Beetle to xyz summon Number 164: Crystalline Chimera (ATK: 2700 DEF: 1200). Rarity activates Skill Drain, paying 1000 life points to negate the effects of all monsters on the field.

Rarity and Braeburn’s Life Points: 2000 -> 1000

Eli attacks Rarity's face down monster (Gem-Knight Sapphire).

Eli places 1 card face down and ends his turn.

Status: Hand-2 Life-2000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-1

Braeburn’s Turn: Braeburn activates his face down Xyz Reborn, special summoning Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max from the graveyard and attaching Xyz Reborn to it as xyz material. Braeburn attacks Number 164: Crystalline Chimera with Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max. Before that happens, Eli activates Gift of the Mystical Elf, increasing Alex and Eli’s life points by 300 for each monster on the field (2).

Alex and Eli’s Life Points: 2000 -> 2600

Since the effect that says Numbers can only destroy Numbers in battle is still an effect, and Skill Drain is still active, Number 164: Crystalline Chimera is destroyed in battle.

Alex and Eli's Life Points: 2600 -> 2300

Braeburn then activates Remove Trap, destroying Skill Drain. Next, Braeburn activates Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max’s effect, detaching 1 xyz material from it to inflict 2000 points of damage to Alex and Eli.

Alex and Eli’s Life Points: 2300 -> 300

Braeburn ends his turn.

Status: Hand-0 Life-1000 Monsters-1 Face Down Cards-0

Alex’s Turn: Alex activates his trap Jar of Greed drawing 1 card. Next, he activates his trap Immortal Dragon, special summoning Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit from his graveyard. Then, he special summons Hieratic Dragon of Su from his hand by tributing Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit (ATK: 2200 DEF: 1000). When Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit is tributed, Alex can special summon a Dragon-type normal monster with 0 ATK and DEF from his deck, choosing Heiratic Seal of the Sun Dragon Overlord (ATK: 0 DEF: 0). Alex then normal summons Dragunity Aklys (ATK: 1000 DEF: 800). Alex tunes Hieratic Seal of the Sun Dragon Overlord with Dragunity Aklys to synchro summon Nero, the Dragon Warlord (ATK: 3200 DEF: 2800). Alex attacks Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max with Nero, the Dragon Warlord.

Rarity and Braeburn’s Life Points: 1000 -> 800

Alex then attacks Rarity and Braeburn directly with Hieratic Dragon of Su.

Rarity and Braeburn's Life Points: 800 -> 0

Alex and Eli win.

____________________________________

Braeburn was laid flat on the ground after the last attack hit him. However, he wasn’t in pain; anything but, actually. He let out a hearty laugh as Alex helped him back on his feet.

“Hoo-wee,” tweeted Braeburn. “It just ain’t a match against Alex until he brings out his big, black dragon.”

“I guess not,” said Alex. “It’s a shame we can’t duel each other again, because I really enjoyed that.”

“Me too.” Alex and Braeburn then made a short, friendly embrace.

“It’s good to have you back,” said Braeburn.

“Great to be back,” responded Alex.

Alex and Eli then shook Braeburn and Rarity’s hooves and made their way to look for more opponents.

“Braeburn,” said Rarity.

“Yes, Rarity?”

“I just wanted to tell you, I completely misjudged you. You are a great duelist, and I never thought of it coming from someone like you, so once again, I apologize.”

“That’s alright. You ain’t half bad either. I mean you did deliver 4000 points of damage just then, which is more than I did. And to be quite honest, I never would have thought to have seen such gusto come from a dainty little thing such as yourself.”

“Yes, well... it seems that we have a lot to learn about each other.”

“Yeah. Yeah, I guess we do.”

They then walked back to Ponyville to look for more opponents to defeat.

PreviousChapters Next