• Published 14th May 2017
  • 1,816 Views, 8 Comments

A Dash of Twilight - 21latenighter



A story about Rainbow pursuing her crush on Twilight.

  • ...
8
 8
 1,816

The aftermath

As Applejack knocked on the door, she heard Rarity's elegant voice ring out as she answered.

Knock

Knock!

Knock!!!

"Coming..." Rarity sang as she opened her front door to greet a potential customer. She instead saw Applejack, carrying a hurt Rainbow Dash on her back.

"Rarity... ah need your help..." AJ said as she tried to fight back emotions in her eyes.

"What.. what happened?" She asked as she looked to the broken Pegasus on AJ's back.

"Ah don't quite know, I found her like this in front of the library.."

"Say no more darling, bring her in..." Rarity said as she moved away from the door to let AJ pass into the boutique.

Rarity led AJ through the boutique into her living quarters, where she used her magic to levitate Rainbow off AJ's back, and onto a red couch by her far wall.

"Rainbow Dash?.." she asked gently as she brought a thin blanket over the Pegasus.

Rainbow raised her head as a small hiccup shook her.

"Rainbow darling, do you remember what happened?" She asked politely as she sat down beside the cyan Pegasus.

"I... I went to the... library and... and I told Twi... b-but she g-got mad a-and... and..." Rainbow said as the pain from the experience began to start all over again.

"Ok darling, it's okay... take a rest... and know that you can stay here as long as you need..." Rarity said sweetly before turning to Applejack.

"Applejack, I require your assistance to speak to a certain alicorn friend of ours..." she said with a determined but feminine look that began to rekindle something in AJ.

"Sure Rarity... I'm coming!" AJ said as she trotted out the door and kept in stride with the white unicorn as she marched to the library.

At the library, Twilight had been crying and trying to think of a solution to her current predicament.

"Oh Spike, what am I gonna do?" Twilight asked the dragon, who had began to clean the library.

"Well, you could go talk to her, I'm sure she would at least be grateful that you're not insanely mad at her.." spike said as he picked up a few books that Twilight had strewn out while she had been on her temper tantrum.

"Yes Spike, but that doesn't help me on the other side of it... Rainbow Dash is in love with me.." she said as her eyes glanced over a book, When in Prance.

"Well... H-how do you feel about her Twilight?" Spike asked, stopping his chores to talk to the alicorn.

"What do you mean Spike? She's my best friend..." Twilight asked, confused.

"Yes, but is that how you truly feel about her Twi?" Spike asked again.

"Well.. I-I don't know Spike... m-maybe I kinda felt something, but... Ohhh! Why does this stuff always have to be so hard!!" She yelled as she collapsed to the floor.

"Twilight.." Spike said as he lent a claw to help her up, "can I tell you something..."

"What is it Spike?" Twilight said as she took Spike's claw and got back on her hooves.

"A wise pony once told me that if the important choices in life were easy, we would never learn anything... do you remember who said that Twi?"

"I... n-no Spike, who?"

"You did Twilight, remember... you told me that when I made the decision to let my crush for Rarity go... it was one of the hardest things I had to do, but I learned a great lesson.."

"Spike..." Twilight started, but Spike put a claw to Twilight's lips.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is that these things aren't easy, but in the end, the result will be worth it.."

Twilight smiled and pulled the baby dragon into a tight hug, in which he gave the alicorn a tight squeeze.

"Thanks Spike..." she whispered as she pulled away and looked to the door.

"See ya in a while Twi!" Spike said as he returned to his chores of cleaning up the library.

As Twilight reached the door she heard a familiar voice... Rarity.