• Published 14th May 2017
  • 1,843 Views, 8 Comments

A Dash of Twilight - 21latenighter



A story about Rainbow pursuing her crush on Twilight.

  • ...
8
 8
 1,843

Feelings and stuff

A few days after Twilight's coronation, Rainbow went for it again. She landed lightly on the doorstep of the Golden Oak library and prepared her nerves for what she was about to do.

"Ok Rainbow, just like I planned... When she opens the door, tell her you want to plan a date to explain things," Rainbow thought as she brought her hoof the the front door and knocked.

Knock Knock Knock!!

Rainbow waited for a second before she seen the door handle begin to illuminate a light purple.

As the door unlatched from the frame, Dash got nervous quivers everywhere and her stomach felt as if it was going to come out her nose. She did the only she could think of at the moment and bolted from the library at sonic speeds as the door cracked open to reveal the purple Alicorn.

"Hello?" Twilight said as she looked at her empty doorstep. She then looked to the branches above to make sure no pony had placed something up there to fall on her.

"Hello!?" She asked again, beginning to get frustrated.

"Pinkie! If this is another one of your jokes! I swear I'll, I'll turn you into a toad!!!" She yelled as she slammed the door.

Rainbow wasn't watching where she was going as she flew faster and faster away from the library, she was only focused on what she had left behind.

"Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!!" She said to herself as she narrowly missed a building.

"What was I thinking, I could never..." Rainbow said before looking up where she was flying. All she could see was the fast approaching trunk of an apple tree. Rainbow tried to stop, but it was too late.

THUD!!!

Rainbow sat glued to the tree for a second before slowly falling to the ground. She rubbed her head with her hoof where a large goose egg was starting to form.

"Oww.." she let out as she passed out.

She could hear the distant voice of Applejack calling to her and then nothing but silence.