• Published 11th May 2017
  • 1,094 Views, 83 Comments

The EK - Magi Tail Welkin



The Everfree Kingdom, small but very active. Life and laughs continued in Ponyville, not just for the Mane Six, but every-pony, old and new, living in Equestria’s newest nation. (Everfree Kingdom name by Jay the Brony/ Jay David.)

  • ...
4
 83
 1,094

PreviousChapters Next
Post-Mare Fluttershy

Winter Warp Up came and, naturally with Twilight’s organising skill it came and went without a hitch.

Now spring came in full earnest other matters of started to occur. Fluttershy for one notice Cipher started acting very nervous and unsure around her. She could tell he still most definitely love her, but he started acting very delicate around her. After about a week she finally called him down the cottage early in morning and spoke frankly to him.

“I know I don’t like hurting your feelings Cipher, but I’m not made of glass.”

Her colt-friend sighed “I know Flutter, it’s you I’m worried about, it’s me.”

She tilted her head “Cipher? Is something the matter?”

He sighed again and looked away “I been having these terrible dreams.”

“Dream? Can’t Princess Luna help?”

“The Princess has come to me a few times already, but since I keep on having the same dream she says I need to sort it out myself.”

“What this dream about.”

“Me,” he cringed and turned away “hurting, and, possibly,” he cringed again and rolled into himself “killing you.”

Her eyes widened and she stepped closer “What, what do you mean?”

“I’ll warn you in advance Flutter, you’ll become very uncomfortable after this.”

He recounted his dream. The two of them were, mating. Naturally, Fluttershy blushed heavily. As they continued Cipher, empowered by the blissful love she, pumped out, he started getting stronger, faster, only escalating the situation. Dream Fluttershy started screaming, not out of pleasure, but proper pain. Cipher looked down and found himself growing bigger. Already at Bulk’s size and growing, becoming too much for her.

He backed into a corner, the confines of the cottage started becoming unaccommodating for him. Shifting position to fit he looked down and a tiny, shaking, sobbing and bleeding Fluttershy, she looked up and wailed “MONSTER!”

Cipher broke through the roof and the screaming stopped.

“Then the Princess would arrive and the dream would stop.”

Tears rolled down both their faces. Fluttershy, still blushing somewhat, wrapped her hooves around his neck “It’s okay Cipher, that’s not going to happen. You’re not a monster. You’re a kind and gentle soul who care about his friends. And most importantly you are the stallion I love. I would never, in all my life call you a monster. I have never called any creature a monster, not even when I was afraid of that dragon. I know what it’s like to be a monster, and you are most definitely not one.”

“But,” Cipher said, “what if what happened in the dream happens?”

“It’s just a dream Cipher.”

“But what if. No-pony knows what will happened to a Changeling when he mates for real love.”

“You told me you stopped growing.” She ran her hoof down his body, he shut his eyes and shivered with a smile. Fluttershy continued “This is a Changeling’s adult phase, insects don’t grow after they reached that.”

“True Flutters, but no-pony knows much about are new appearances.”

She giggled and recounted what happened in the bathroom before the Major’s balloon lecture. Cipher narrowed his eyes “So best case is I just pass out?”

“Maybe.” She blushed heavily and whispered in his ear “Although I wouldn’t mind if we could go all the way.”

His eyes widened and he blushed and gulped “Flutters, I need to go outside for a moment and gather my thoughts, maybe sort out the garden before I go deliver the post.”

She nodded and he existed the door.

Fluttershy sighed and went into the kitchen. She began to wonder what could have caused these anxiety nightmares. He did lose sleep over worry about her parents and Zephyr Breeze not accepting him. Could it be something similar? She started wondering what.

Riolu handed over a tea cup which she put in the sink.

Then she glanced at the town clock and blinked “Oh my, look at the time. Cipher’s going to be late.” She walked to the front door and opened the top half to call out “Cipher! You better stop gardening for now, it’s nearly quarter past!”

“Hang on!” came the reply from behind some bushes “I’ll be there in a minute. I’ll just shift this.”

She nodded and walked back inside. Riolu jumped over the bottom of the door and she giggled “That’s pup’s getting very athletic.”

A squeaky grumbling sounded and she glanced at Angel Bunny sitting on the stairs, who’s foot twitch in annoyance. Fluttershy sighed and rubbed his head “I know Riolu beat you at Parkour Angel but you were the one to challenge him.”, Angel crossed his arms.

Fluttershy went back into the kitchen and called out “You know Angel, it’s that attitude of yours that the Doe Bunnies in the area keep on refusing you.”

She heard an offended squeak. Fluttershy shook her head, she released in the last year or so she’d been acting a little more tough to Angel, but ever since he smacked Riolu when he simply said hello, well, getting a taste of own medicine may just be the trick.

She took the brush and started sweeping. Then she paused. She didn’t here Cipher return. She then hurt urgent barking. Quickly she went to the door and gasped.

Riolu slowly let a pained Cipher lean on him. His left wing twitched as he cringed. Flutters let the door opened “What happened Cipher?”

“I tried pulling a weed out of the ground. I think I pulled to hard and too far.”, Fluttershy noticed a crack in his hide and blood seeping out, quickly she got bandages and wrapped the wound up. She looked at him confused “I thought your armoured hide was tough?”

“It is, but it has a weakness.” He said, as he shifted slightly he flinched “It’s quite ridged, if bent too far it can split.” He hissed as he sat down “I think it’s buckled in place and digging into me. Ouch!”

“Will it heal?”

“No, sadly not.” He winched “It’s no good, I’m going to half to moult my shell!”

“You can do that?”

“Of course, I am an arthropod.”

“But, dragonflies and such insects don’t moult after their final moult.”

“I went through a cocoon phase, not a final moult. I’ve seen some of the older member of the hive do it and their alright. His Majesty’s yet to do it though.” He gulped and he shifted away from her, and suffering the pain from the moment, and muttered “We also grow a little. Thankfully only an inch or two.”

Instinctually, Fluttershy’s tongue darted out to moisten her suddenly dry lips. She felt a tap on her side, and Angel held out a pocket watch, she gasped at the time “The post’s going to be late!”

Cipher sighed “I can’t shed my shell in a few minutes.” His hoof went to his face “And Muffins can’t get some-pony down to take over at such short notice.”

A thought crossed Fluttershy’s mind “Why don’t I do it?”

“Flutter? You would?”, she nodded “Riolu can show me the route. And I can fly.”

Cipher sighed “I suppose it’s the only thing to do. I hope Muffins will understand.”

“Oh, I’m sure she will.”

Riolu barked and nodded. Quickly the two got Cipher’s bag out from the back of the Auto-magic cart and the Jakhowl climbed onto her back. As they fell he gave her a nice chat.


Muffins mopped the floor of the Post Office. Something to keep her mind of the fact of Cipher’s absence.

The door opened and the bell rang. Muffins smiled and at first didn’t look up as she put the mop in the bucket “Morning Ci…” she looked up and paused. She straightened her eyes just to make sure and then frown “Hello? Fluttershy?” she looked at Riolu at the butter coloured mare’s side “Where’s Cipher?”

Fluttershy explained “…I hope you don’t mind.”

Muffins smiled “As long as the mail gets through. Sorry to hear about Cipher.” She went back around the counter and place the post onto it “Not a lot of post today. You should be able to carry it in the bag.”

Fluttershy smiled “Oh, good, that should make things a little easier.”

Muffins motioned Flutters in slightly “Do you mind asking Dotty Miller for her carrot cake recipe? It’s not something I could ask of Cipher.”, Fluttershy giggled and nodded “Of course Muffins, don’t worry. See you later.” And she stepped out onto the High Street.

Riolu took the first parcel out of the bag and barked out the address. For the Reverend Farthing at the Castle of Friendship. Fluttershy smiled, it meant she could have a small chat with Twilight, no doubt she would like to know about the new information of Reformed Changelings.

She landed at the steps and knocked on the door.

The window opened and Spike blinked, looked down at Riolu, shut it and opened the door “Hey Fluttershy, where’s Cipher?”, she explained it as they walked the corridors.

“Um, where’s the Reverend?”

“He’s in the library with Twilight and Flash, and a special guest.”

“Oh?” Fluttershy didn’t like to gossip, but sometimes she did get curious.

Spike crossed his arms “It’s a private matter Fluttershy, you’ll need to speak with Twilight after this.”, Fluttershy blushed “I’m sorry.” She gave him the parcel “Can you give that to the Reverend?”

“Sure.”

“Thanks,” she looked about “I should be going. But, I’ll come back to check on the creatures here once I’m done with the mail and check on Cipher.”

Spike shuddered, but then nodded “Okay, but please, don’t ask me for help.”

She nodded and existed. Riolu jumped on her back again the pair flew off to the next stop.

They followed the road as Cipher would with the cart. Some sheep bleated in a field and Fluttershy giggled, it would be lambing season some, her heart fluttered with the image on new-born lambs.

Riolu then told her to go left. She turned and landed at Sweet Apple Arches. She went to the kitchen door and knocked.

Applejack appeared and stopped in surprise, Fluttershy explained. Applejack became nervous for some reason “Cipher seriously injured? Today?”

Fluttershy nodded “Um, yes. Is there something special about today?”

“Well, um.” Applejack stuttered “Kind of. I can’t really say. Might not be happening. Sorry Fluttershy, but I got thing to do.” She took the letter and slammed the door.

Fluttershy blinked and turned to Riolu “I wonder what that was about?”, the Jakhowl shrugged before climbing onto her again.

As she walked out of the yard she caught Mr Sutch talking with Big Mac and Grand Pear. The Trottingham stallion seemed to be an on and off resident of the farm, presumably he got work as a stand-up comedian occasionally over the winter. What would the rest of the year have for him?

The Pearly looked out at the arches and glanced to Big Mac “Blimey Mac ploughing that must be exhausting.”

Big Mac shrugged.

Grand Pear spoke up “My Pa always said work never killed no-pony. It made them in odd shapes.”, this caused Big Mac to laugh loudly and Sutch to chuckle before say “Not sure I can use that for material.”

Fluttershy giggled before spreading her wings and took off again. She flew over a few hills and over a bridge.


Her last call for the day, the North-Eastern Windmill.

Dotty stepped out of the Windmill with a sack of freshly ground floor on her back. She looked up and raised an eyebrow “Afternoon Fluttershy, what’s Riolu doing flying with you?”

For nth time, she lost count, Fluttershy explained. Dotty started looking twitchy too. Fluttershy decided to ignore this “Muffins asked if she could have your carrot cake recipe.”

“Carrot cake?” Dotty said backing up slightly “I, I don’t know, not right now. Sorry.” She hurried into the kitchen.

Fluttershy blinked “She forget the letters.” She looked to Riolu “Maybe we should find Mr Miller.”, the pup nodded and the pair walked to the field.

They found Windy mending one of his hen houses. He looked up and put his hammer into the toolbox “Well, hello Fluttershy. What a surprise.”

She giggled “Hello Windy. I’ve got your Hen Farmers Weekly and your letters, I spoke with Dotty, but she didn’t take them for some reason.” As Windy walked up she explained about Cipher.

Suddenly he started looking nervous “You’re a bit early with the post. I mean you mustn’t be took quick. Do you fancy a sandwich?”

She smiled but shook her head “No thank you, I’m fine. I’ve got to go.”

“Well, um.” Windy looked down “You’re an expect with animal, how about a look at my prize hens?” He picked a black chicken up “How about this one, isn’t she a beauty? You can hold her if you want.”

“Um, no thanks Windy. And she’d prefer to be on the ground.” She said pointing to the chicken “I really must be going.”

“No, no.” Windy said “You can’t leave without a cup of tea.”

She shook her head and more firmly stated “I need to check on Cipher.” She opened her wings, Windy pleaded “You could take Cipher some eggs.”

Fluttershy resisted giving him the Stare and flew off.

What a strange day. She hoped Cipher would be better, she needed some normality today.

She landed at the cottage and blinked in surprise at what laid on the compost heap. A collapsed, translucent, mould might be the best word, of Cipher sat in the garden. His broken old shell. So presumably inside would be a healed and, slightly larger Cipher.

She opened the door and walked in to find her colt-friend sitting reading one of her books. He looked up and smiled “How was it Flutters?” he asked standing up.

Fluttershy paused to examine him closely. He looked about an inch and a half taller, he and Big Mac would probably have to be measured to find out who now stood taller, true no-pony ever did it when Cipher arrived, but presumably Twilight would do it, for academical proposes of course. Strangely enough he also appeared more well defined, he looked stronger. Maybe the months of being in love together meant his insides developed and now he showed it on the outside. Her mouth watered ‘He looks even sexier now.’ She supressed her squeak of surprise at her own thought, and she blushed, before out of desire and embarrassment.

Cipher chuckled and rubbed his check over her head, neck and mane “It’s alright Fluttershy, you can look if you want to. I’m here for you. I always will.”

He cleared his throat and looked at her straight in the eyes “Fluttershy, we’ve been together for about quarters of a year?”

“Yes.”

“I’ve been thinking. You’re the mare how makes me most happy, makes me feel the strongest I’ve ever felt. Makes me feel loved, not falsely for a means to an end like Her Tragedy. Not the love of a parent or a sibling or a close friend. A love all myself.”

She smiled and shed joyful tears “I feel the same way.”

“Then,” He said kneeling “I hope you feel the same way I do about this.”

Her eyes widened and she followed him. He charged his horn and a, not so small, velvet box appeared. He put it in her hoof and nodded for her to open it. She bit her lip and did so, she acted hesitantly encase the box disappeared. Finally, it opened. She gasped, she did expect to know what rested inside, but she didn’t expect its beauty.

A bangle, made of brass with a golden stripe and three gems encased within it.

“Fluttershy.” Cipher whispered, “Will you marry me?”

More tears of joy ran down her face. Her throat turned dry, but she nodded vigorously.

Cipher smiled and instantly gave her a smacking kiss. He placed the bangle on her hoof.

Then came an explosion of confetti. Pinkie jumped at the pair “Yay! Now it’s party time!”

From the stairs and the door, nearly every-pony from the Cipher’s round. Her friends, animal ones included came rushing down and into the house given them both congrats.

Fluttershy turned to Cipher “You planned this?”, he chuckled awkwardly “Kind of why I was acting so unsure. Princess Luna recommend I just ignore the fear and just ask it, and of course Pinkie somehow found out.”

She rolled her eyes and giggled. Then she leaned into him with a smile. The future looked very bright.

PreviousChapters Next