• Published 17th Aug 2012
  • 1,130 Views, 26 Comments

June - 2012 (T.W.G.) - The Writer's Group



Well, if we're being honest here, random can't really cover the hilarity inside...

  • ...
2
 26
 1,130

Kitchen Lust - LimeAttack

Author: LimeAttack
Prompt: Why can Spike cook so well?
Title: Kitchen Lust


Spike strolled delightfully through the Ponyville market, humming to himself as he picked items from various carts in no particular order. The smells of fresh fruits and vegetables reaffirmed his purpose, escorting him gently through a maze of celery, squash, apples, melons, carrots, and just about any other thing the skilled ponies grew. Then he saw it: the crowning jewel, one of the rarest ingredients in the world, something so wholesome and flavorful that it could make any dish utterly perfect! After pulling out a clip and pinching his nose shut, Spike jogged up to the cart and handed over five bits for the magical caclin plant.

“It's such a strange name, but it certainly makes a meal!” Spike proclaimed, before rushing back to the library to restock the pantry.

As Twilight slipped downstairs, the fizzes and pops of Spikes cooking made her ears twitch with earnest. At the threshold of the kitchen, a smell so pure, so wonderful, so enticing lassoed her toward the dining table, gripped with the only plant in the world that could make magic possess a smell. “Oh my... That's caclin, isn't it Spike?”

The tiny dragon jumped slightly before turning around. Twilight noticed that a clip pinched his nose shut. “Oh, hey Twilight! Yeah, I got so lucky at the market! They only had one plant left. I'm glad I could keep my nose shut, because that smell makes me crazy! It wouldn't have even made it home!” Twilight chuckled as she sat patiently, waiting eagerly for the meal.

The first bite lasted for what felt like hours. As soon as the food hit her tongue, the wondrous mix of magic and spice coaxed Twilight's mouth into a soft groan of raw, instinctual pleasure. “Sweet Celestia, Spike, I didn't know you could cook this well.”

The rest of the meal, bite by bite, happened just as amazingly perfect as the first. By the end of it, beads of sweat glistened along Twilight's brow, a few dripping down to the floor. “Wow...” she huffed, nearly breathless, “that, was not a meal. That was an experience. Just how do you do it, Spike?”

Caught just short of sneaking out of the kitchen, Spike gulped a bit before turning around. “Aheh... Are you sure you want to know? I mean, I can't have you making a mess of yourself with my knowledge.” He slowly backed up, hoping to make it out of the room.

Twilight closed on him faster than he had seen anypony move before. “I need to know, Spike. I have to feel this again. I want more.” Wisps of utter desire whimpered out of her mouth, making her breath steamy.

With a shrug, Spike gave in. “Okay, okay. I just take whatever smells utterly rancid to me and throw it in a pot. I don't eat what I cook because I just use the most disgusting ingredients I can find. I honestly don't see how you ponies can stand that stuff.”