• Published 17th Aug 2012
  • 1,129 Views, 26 Comments

June - 2012 (T.W.G.) - The Writer's Group



Well, if we're being honest here, random can't really cover the hilarity inside...

  • ...
2
 26
 1,129

Spike's Secret Recipe - Kavonde

Author: Kavonde
Prompt: Why can Spike cook so well?
Title: Spike's Secret Recipe


"Lady Rarity! Your feast awaits!"

The bedroom door slammed open, and in backed Spike, loaded down with half a dozen precariously balanced silver trays. He staggered over to Rarity's bed and somehow managed to put the covered dishes down without dropping them. Rarity, her eyes sunken and her hair limp and lifeless, smiled at him weakly.

"Spike," she said, "that smells heavenly, but even if I weren't sick, I couldn't possibly eat all of that."

The little dragon smiled as he began assembling a plate for her. "Don't worry, Rarity! If ya like it, there'll be plenty of leftovers for once you're better. And even if you don't, it should help you feel better. Here, try some of this stuff!"

He scooped up a glob of orange paste and held the spoon up to Rarity's mouth. She sniffed at it and took a bite; her eyes lit up a moment later. "Why, Spike! That is delicious!"

Spike practically glowed with pride. He continued presenting the sick pony with bites from the various dishes he had concocted, beaming at Rarity's genuine and enthusiastic compliments. Finally, though, Rarity insisted that she couldn't possibly eat another bite, so the little dragon gathered the remains of the meal and took them downstairs.

"I do feel much better already," the pony mused to herself. She glanced towards the door to make sure Spike was gone, then let out a small, satisfied belch.

Spike returned several minutes later to find Rarity sound asleep and snoring gently, a contented smile on her face. He grinned. "Glad you liked it."

He made his way over to the window, gazing out on Ponyville as it spread below him. "I wasn't sure you would. I thought, 'no way, Rarity won't really like this stuff. This is a dragon recipe!' But it's supposed to cure almost any sickness, and I really don't like seeing you sick, Rarity, so I went ahead and made it."

The sleeping pony murmured something and rolled over. Spike smiled at her distantly. "It was hard getting some of the ingredients, you know. I had to go into the Everfree Forest for some mushrooms, I had to grind some gemstones down enough that you could digest them...and man, Sweetie Belle sure put up a fight.

"That's what the recipe called for, though. The blood and bones of a close relative. And since your parents aren't here, well...I just really don't like to see you sick, Rarity."

Spike returned to the slumbering pony and kissed her gently on the forehead. "Sleep well, my lady. I'll be here for you when you wake up. I'll always be here. No matter what."