• Published 17th Aug 2012
  • 1,130 Views, 26 Comments

June - 2012 (T.W.G.) - The Writer's Group



Well, if we're being honest here, random can't really cover the hilarity inside...

  • ...
2
 26
 1,130

Eerie Calmness - NotSoGreat1200

Author: NotSoGreat1200
Prompt: Pinkie Pie is calm.
Title: Eerie Calmness


Twilight was on her way to her usual meeting with Pinkie, so her day had taken its usual course up until now. She had done some light reordering of the treebrary, then she had a great breakfast with Spike. The purple dragon as usual only ate hay fries due to the lack of quality gems as of such.

As she walked down the dusty road leading to the market in center of Ponyville, the purple mare felt that something was off. The air was different, the entire sky was different; Blue and calm, for once Rainbow had managed to do her job, for once at least.

After quite some time walking and doing some simple shopping at the market, Twilight walked towards the cafe where she was supposed to meet her pink friend.

Sitting down she ordered a cup of coffee to start the day as she anxiously waited for the other one to arrive, and she would need it to handle a day with the bouncy mare of Ponyville.

A unicorn waiter levitated her small cup of black liquid onto the wooden table as Twilight noticed her friend walking towards her. Pinkie walked slowly, not bouncing. Not being her usual self which in turn was the unusual of everypony else.

“Hey, Pinkie!” Twilight said and waved frantically for her friend, but she didn't wave back. She barely even noticed the purple unicorn until she sat down on the bale of hay opposite to her and looked blankly back.

“Oh, hey Twilight.” The pink Earth pony responded blankly as she looked at her. Twilight was stunned. No bouncing, no random, no nothing from her friend. It unsettled her as she looked back at the pink mare, not quite knowing what to say.

“Well...” the purple mare said as she slid the cup of coffee over to her friend, in an effort to make her drink it and return to her usual self. Pinkie shook her head and just continued her blank stare before Twilight decided to break the silence, “So, what's the matter, Pinkie?”

“Nothing,” the pink mare responded flatly, blinking once as she looked at Twilight.

The purple unicorn starred back and grinned like a stupid fool, since she didn't know what to say. Fortunately for her Pinkie broke the silence.

“I drank some of that potion you recommended, Twi. It's really calmed me down.” Pinkie said to her.

At first, Twilight didn't remember any potion. Then she remembered. A week earlier she had accidentally created a potion to make a pony more energetic, of course she had only planned to use it so she herself could study longer at nights.

A thud broke Twilight concentration, and made her look back over the table to her friend. It was then she noticed that Pinkie had fallen asleep.

“NOOOOOOOOOOO!” The purple mare erupted into the air.

*** **** ***

“Huh? Wha?” Twilight tossed and turned as she awakened in her sweat drenched bed, and looked outside as the sun started to peek over the horizon.

Yawning, she said, “Just a dream, Twi.” She said, followed by a light chuckle as she headed for the bathroom.

“Now to get started on that potion!” She gleefully said from the bathroom.