• Published 17th Aug 2012
  • 1,130 Views, 26 Comments

June - 2012 (T.W.G.) - The Writer's Group



Well, if we're being honest here, random can't really cover the hilarity inside...

  • ...
2
 26
 1,130

What Goes Around... - Lucefudu

Author: Lucefudu
Prompt: Why can Spike cook so well?
Title: What goes around...


“Hi, Pinkie Pie! Hi, Rainbow Dash!” Twilight exclaimed happily through mouthfuls of bread crumbs upon seeing her two friends walking inside her library.

“’Sup, Twi!” Rainbow Dash said.

“Hi!” The pink pony yelled, bouncing in place as if seeing her friends was the epitome of her day. Twilight washed the sandwich down her throat with a glass of sparkling water before noticing that her two friends were hungrily eyeing the rest of her breakfast. She looked down awkwardly before suggesting.

“Uhm... I’m having breakfast right now... but if you two want some, I could ask Spike to cook a little something for you two.” As she finished her sentence, Spike poked his head out from the kitchen and waved a claw for the two visitors. He was quick to observe both Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash nodding frantically to Twilight, who smiled happily in response.

‘Oh, this is just perfect!’ Spike thought as he began to fetch some more ingredients from the cupboard. ‘This is a golden opportunity! I just can’t let this pass!’ He smiled mischievously at the thought of it. ‘Princess Celestia just sent Twilight this scroll via the normal mail, thank goodness that I haven’t given it to her yet... this is the perfect alibi!’ He would have to later thank the big, old dragon who clustered the Draconic Magic Mail with his clumsy package-sending.

Grinning like a madman, Spike proceeded to crack two eggs and place them on a frying pan, turning the stove on and hearing the sizzling sounds of the eggs. He walked to the fridge and opened it before proceeding two large onions and three bulbs of garlic. He nonchalantly munched those before having a nice, big gulp of Marepsi. He could feel the gases from the refreshing drink mixing dangerously with the powerful odor of the garlic and the onion inside of himself and he began to smile.

“Gave me a scare and made me hiccup, sending all the Mayor’s scrolls to Celestia, have you? We’ll see who’s got the last laugh...” he said somberly under his breath, as he tightened his belly and felt the air leaving travelling up his esophagus. He opened his mouth and let out a loud belch, sending bits of fetid gases and saliva on top of the fried eggs that he would soon be serving Twilight’s two friends.

“~ Oh, Twilight,” he sang her name, trying to sound inconspicuous. “Princess Celestia has sent a letter for you.”

‘Bon appétit,’ he thought as he placed each egg on a plate and carried them towards the library’s living room.