• Published 11th May 2017
  • 10,312 Views, 507 Comments

Friendship Bling and Changing Things - PinkFluffyAlex



During her brother's surprise wedding, Twilight meets a demon from her past that overturns the lives of everypony around her, and threatens to tear apart their friendships. Meanwhile, Twilight's enemies, old and new, close in as her spirit fails.

  • ...
37
 507
 10,312

The Equestrian Calendar

Author's Note:

I'm organizing the timeline, so I thought it would be good for everybody if I clarified what has happened and when things happen.

If you spot any errors, point them out. Keep in mind, these are the official times, so if something is wrong in the story, the dates will be changed to follow the ones here.

I based the Equestrian Calendar off of our calendar, though the dates don't quite fit together.

This will contain spoilers for the whole story, so consider reading the story first if you haven't already.

Time before Luna's banishment is listed as XXXX Before Nightmare Moon, or B.N.M.
Time after her banishment is XXXX Celestia's Reign, or C.R.
Time after Luna's return is XXXX Princesses' Reign, or P.R.


History

The Beginning of Time: The universe comes into existence, alongside 5 deities: Harmony, Discord, Change, Life, and Creation. The last 3 name themselves Metamorphia, Faust, and Stellaris.

~6000 B.N.M.: Metamorphia settles in Hayseed Swamp.

~5000 B.N.M.: Celestia and Luna are born from Faust and Stellaris. Stellaris attempts to kill them to preserve his power. The sisters banish him into the sun, which causes it to forever churn and flare.

~3870-3850 B.N.M.: Starswirl the Bearded and his council opens the first portal to an inhabited alternate universe (Earth). They meet the ancient humans, and they accidentally start various religions. He invents a spell that turns a crystal into a storage device of sorts. He creates a mirror to Earth and an alternate Equestria. Starswirl begins mentoring the two Sisters. He creates ripples that echo through multiple realities.

~2840 B.N.M.: Equestria begins to break apart. The chaos creates the wendigos. Equestrian Civil War.

~2330 B.N.M.: After Unification, Equestria is still in chaos. This gets the attention of Discord, who begins torturing Equestria. His reign skews time, making 1000 years feel like a few months of absolute chaos.

~1330 B.N.M.: Celestia and Luna gain the Elements of Harmony, and imprison Discord. They are crowned as the supreme royalty of Equestria, and the Platinum line is crowned as royalty as well.

~980 B.N.M.: Having felt Starswirl's Ripples, Tirek and Scorpan, residents of Dream Valley, invade Equestria, set on conquering it. Scorpan grows fond of the ponies and betrays Tirek, who is imprisoned in Tartarus.

~970 B.N.M.: Metamorphia's 23 children spread throughout the world, and create the changeling hives.

75 B.N.M.: Using Starswirl's research, the Crystal Empire is created, and King Sombra reins. Celestia and Luna visit him, and Luna falls in love with the King. After Celestia warns Luna not to pursue that relationship, she and Sombra are furious and saddened. Sombra begins his plot to destroy Celestia.

72 B.N.M.: Using the power of the Alicorn amulet, Sombra ascends and enslaves his empire. They are forced to fight Equestria and work for Sombra. Celestia and Luna win the battle, take Sombra's amulet, and banish him into shadow. As Sombra is defeated, the Crystal Empire is drawn into the Crystal Heart, deep underground, and does not return until much later. Luna blames Celestia for driving her lover into insanity. Some crystal ponies survive, wandering outside the empire.

11 B.N.M.: Celestia and Luna defeat Queen Aysune, who had placed sleepers throughout Equestria. They assume the Whitetail Hive to be dead. Elowen, a Royal, is crowned as the Queen of Whitetail.

0 B.N.M.: Luna is consumed by a Nightmare, and transforms into Nightmare Moon. She gathers the lunites, thestrals and nocturnals, and fights Celestia over the Castle of the Two Sisters. The resulting battle and war renders that area magically unstable, creating the Everfree forest as known in the present. Celestia wields the elements on her own, and uses them to banish Luna to the moon for 1000 years.

13 C.R.: Construction begins on the great city of Canterlot.

27 C.R.: Canterlot is finished, and the Castle of the two sisters is abandoned.

532 C.R.: Queen Elowen dies of natural causes, Citlali is crowned Queen of the Whitetail Hive.

567 C.R.: Mi Amore Cadenza defeats Princess Amore, and ascends. Celestia takes her from the crystal refugees to Canterlot.

975 C.R.: Cadence and Celestia destroy the Rambling Rock hive of changelings after they discover a great amount of them living in Canterlot. Cadence's first experience with Changelings.

982 C.R.: Whitetail Hive is destroyed. Citlali mamanges to save a few of her childeren, who she places as sleepers in the world. She and Vahan are placed as children to Twilight Velvet and Night Light.

March 26, 990 C.R.: Mad with Power, Sunset Shimmer runs into Starswirl's Mirror, depositing her on Earth, in Pedestria, as a child.

June 15, 990 C.R.: Rainbow Dash creates the first sonic rainboom in recorded history. The Mane 6's disguises get their cutie marks, Twilight is taken under Celestia's wing.

June 21, 1 P.R.: Nightmare Moon is freed from her prison. Queen Citlali moves to Ponyville, Whitetail Hive uses the Elements of Harmony to destroy Nightmare Moon and free Luna.


Spring of 1 P.R.: Putting Your Hoof Down

Summer of 1 P.R.: Friendship is Magic 1&2, Griffin the Brush-Off, Boast Busters, Bridle Gossip, Dragonshy, Feeling Pinkie Keen, Party of One, The Ticket Master, Look Before You Sleep, Sonic Rainboom, Suited For Success, Sweet and Elite, Green Isn't Your Color, Swarm of the Century.

Fall of 1 P.R.: The Last Roundup, Call of the Cutie, Sisterhooves Social, Stare Master, A Bird in the Hoof, Luna Eclipsed, Owl's Well That Ends Well, The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, A Dog and Pony Show, Over a Barrel, Applebuck Season, Cutie Mark Chronicles, Fall Weather Friends.

Winter of 1 P.R.: Hearth's Warming Eve, Winter Wrap Up

Spring of 2 P.R.: The Best Night Ever, Return of Harmony 1&2, Hurricane Fluttershy, Lesson Zero, It's About Time, MMMystery on the Friendship Express, A Canterlot Wedding 1&2

The episode calendar will be filled as the story progresses.


Holidays

March 20th on our calendars marks the Equestrian New Year. The Grand Galloping Gala is held the next day, to celebrate the renewal of self. This marks the beginning of Spring.

June 21st is the Summer Sun Celebration, or, the longest day of the year. This marks the beginning of Summer.

September 23rd is Harmony Day, where ponies gather to celebrate the natural world around them, and eat merrily. This also marks the beginning of Fall.

October 31st is Nightmare Night, where Equestria celebrates the defeat of Nightmare Moon and tells stories about the creature.

December 10th is the Running of the Leaves, or the day that Fall is wrapped up to prepare for Cloudsdale's delivery of Winter.

December 21st is the day that Ponyville is scheduled for Cloudsdale's winter delivery. Their whole delivery can last a few weeks, going from town to town. This marks the end of Fall.

December 24th is Hearth's Warming Eve, where ponies gather around a warm fire to celebrate the defeat of the Windigos, and the founding of Equestria.

February 14th is Hearts and Hooves day, to celebrate couples, love, and that one time a stallion gave a mare a love poison.

March 19th is Winter Wrap Up, or the day that ponies restore their towns to it's Spring state. This technically marks the end of Winter.