• Published 19th Jun 2017
  • 1,194 Views, 25 Comments

My Little Dashie 3 - lightningman



After being apart for a long time, Rainbow Dash and Devon (The dad) are finally reunited. But is everything perfect?

  • ...
10
 25
 1,194

Chapter 5

Everyone was looking at me in terror and just a slight bit of anger. I bowed my head in shame.

“I’m sorry. But I saw a pack of beef sausages in the fridge of my room and I cooked myself one. I haven’t had anything like it in 16 years and I had forgotten how it tasted. Plus I’m tired of eating all of those protein supplements.”

Everyone except for Rainbow Dash and Celestia was looking at me in terror. Rainbow’s face was expressionless. And Celestia’s face only looked like it had frustration on it.

“Well…. Then we need to wait for a few days for you to get the meat out of your system. But until then, You are to be held in the Everfree forest with only our food. You are not to forage for food, but only eat the food we provide for you.” Celestia said

I looked at her confused. “Why the Everfree forest? Why not just prison until we are able to transform me?”

“Because you’ve been cooped up in this Testing lab for 3 days. I’m assuming that you would like to get some fresh air."

“Yes!! Thank you, princess.” I smiled brightly

I got up to pack my stuff. I rushed to my room and packed everything. I made sure to steer clear of the kitchen, so as to avoid the temptation of eating the meat again. I felt a bit weird all over my body but I guessed that was my body getting used to the meat that it had not had in 16 years. I finished packing and I waited to be to be transported and given the food. Soon enough all 8 of us. (The Mane 6, Me and Princess Celestia) were standing outside the Everfree forest. I turned to all of the ponies.

“I'll be back in a few days. I promise that I'll come back fine.” I kneeled down and Rainbow came and hugged me

“Don’t die on us ok? Don’t- Don’t die on me,” she whispered to me sadly

“I won’t. I’ll come back the same. Maybe even better if I'm lucky.” I let go of her and smiled at everyone.

I got up and walked into the forest. I decided to walk for about 2 miles north. Once that happened I started to make my camp. I was feeling a little cramped when I finished. I looked at the sky and saw that it was close to setting. I figured my cramp was from hunger because I hadn’t eaten breakfast or lunch. I opened the sack of food that they gave me and saw a bunch of treats from Sugar Cube Corner. I then saw they had provided me with a bunch of stuff to make a fire and a lot of stuff to make myself a proper meal for the next 4 days. I didn’t think that getting rid of the meat from my system would take that long, but better safe than sorry right? I started making myself some grilled cheese. I was actually glad that I was put into the forest instead of prison. True, there isn’t anyone to talk to out here, But I didn’t have anyone looking over my shoulder judging everything I do. I finished making my sandwich and started to eat. Once I finished I decided to go exploring the forest. It reminded me of Earth’s forests a lot. Nothing was regulated and everything was allowed. But before I decided to head out and adventure I got something I had packed in case I ever needed it. I brought it everywhere with me. Nobody knew I had it, except for the pony I bought it from. I dug through my things I pulled out a bow and a full quiver of arrows. I strapped the bow to myself so that I could get access to it easily. I then started walking west for a mile or two before I came upon a few Timberwolves. I smiled gently. I had wanted some practice as I haven’t done archery since Rainbow came into my life. I pulled my bow off me and loaded it. Once I took aim at one of the wolves I felt my hand shudder. Suddenly it felt like I could shoot anything and it would hit guaranteed. Also, I saw my arrow had a faint glow around it. I accidentally let go of the bowstring in shock, not even paying attention to aiming and it hit the Timberwolf right between the eyes. The other Timberwolf saw this and grew angrier at me. And started to bound towards me and I loaded my bow again and let go. I didn’t bother to aim this time, but it hit right between the eyes again. I stared at my hands and bow. Both of which had the same glow as the arrows I shot at the wolves. I went and grabbed the arrows and loaded them back into my quiver.

“What the heck happened to me?” I put my bow back around myself and stared at my hands. Eventually, the feeling of being able to shoot anything wore off and the glow looked like it had blown away. “I need to get back to camp and find out what happened.”

As soon as I had said that I looked up and saw I was being enveloped in a white light. When it faded I was back at my camp. I collapsed in shock and accidentally leaned against the still hot fire. I burned myself and yelped loudly.

“OWWW!!!!!” I jumped up and touched where I had been burned.

I had burned myself on the right shoulder and it burned clear through my shirt. It was obviously a second- maybe close to third-degree burn. I looked around for some water to soothe my burn. Luckily I was near a stream and I sat down. I picked up some water with my left hand and started to pour it on my shoulder. I just felt it slide off my shoulder and didn’t do anything. I looked over my shoulder again and I was shocked to see that it had already healed.

“WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?!”

little did I know that someone had heard me when I yelled in pain and was staring at me through the trees. It was angel bunny. Fluttershy’s pet rabbit. It started to hop towards me, but I didn’t notice until he was right next to me.

“Huh? Angel Bunny? What are you doing here?” I started to scratch behind his ears.

For some reason, he had warmed up to me quicker than he usually did with other ponies. Probably because I was used so used to animals now that nothing about them bothered me now. Except for snakes and spiders. Those terrified me still. I then noticed that Angel was looking towards the trees for some reason. I looked where he was looking and saw some more wolves.

“Again?! You’ve got to be kidding me. Angel, Go back to Fluttershy’s. I deal with these guys.”

Angel looked like he nodded before starting to run away. I quickly got my bow out, but before I could load it a Timberwolf snapped his jaw onto my arm. I yelled in rage and pain before the Timberwolf yelped back for some reason. I had dropped my bow. I looked at what the Timberwolf yelled at and realized that my arm was hotter than usual. I looked at it and saw it had that glow again. I then looked at the wolf and saw that it was burning from the inside out. It had managed to tear off a bit of flesh of me and ate it. I looked at my arm and saw it was healing from that at an incredibly fast pace. I looked up and saw all the other wolves about to attack me. I didn’t have time to get my bow, So I just settled with my fists. I hoped that whatever was happening to me decided to help me out here. And so it did. I clenched my fists and immediately noticed what looked like brass knuckles on my hands. I smiled and punched one of the wolves that leaped at me. It immediately stumbled back and looked like it was stunned for a good minute. I took care of the other wolves before I decided to test my new powers again. I took a deep breath and positioned my hands like I was holding a sword. Immediately I saw a sword form in my hands. I smiled brightly before I started to finish off the wolves. Once I had finished the sword vanished and I felt exhausted. I went and collapsed on my bed. I then immediately fell asleep. The wolves were still dead outside my tent. Little did I know that Angel still thought I was in trouble and had brought Fluttershy along with Rainbow Dash to help me out. They stared at the corpses of the dogs and heard me sleeping in my tent. I still had magic glowing around me and it was healing the few wounds that I had suffered. They checked on me and saw this. They opened their eyes in shock. As they saw this. They decided to wait until I woke up to ask me about this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------Next Day -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I slowly woke up in my tent. I looked at my hands and saw they have completely healed again.

“I guess it wasn’t a dream.”

I got up and I heard a rustling outside of my tent and two ponies talking. I thought they were looters. I summoned my sword and opened my tent while yelling

“Leave my stuff alone!!” I then saw Rainbow and Fluttershy jump up and look at me terrified. “What are you two doing here?” I asked in a calmer voice as the sword in my hand disappears

“What….. What was that?” Fluttershy asked scared as she saw the sword disappear.

“Huh? Oh, yeah. To tell you the truth I don’t know. It started happening yesterday. I can summon things to my hand. Plus I can heal extremely fast and aim extremely well. I have no clue whether it’s my body reacting to whatever is in this forest. Or my body is finally getting used to the magic.” I went and picked up my bow and arrows that I had dropped yesterday.

“What are those?” Rainbow Dash asked as she looked at the weapons with apprehension.

“I bought these a week after I had regained all my memories. I did that just in case I needed to help anybody with those monsters that keep coming out of the forest.”

They both stared at me. Fluttershy was staring at me with fear. And Rainbow Dash was looking at me with both wonderment and apprehension

“Don’t worry. I won’t use it on any ponies. Well….. I will if they threaten my friends or any of you. But the only time I've ever used this was last night protecting myself.” I then looked at the bow and said quietly but loud enough so that they can hear me. “I wonder I that power from yesterday is still in effect?” I strap the quiver to myself and aim my bow at a nearby tree.

I then load up my bow and I feel the same sensation from yesterday and those I notice the same glow around my hands and bow. Only this time it seemed to be stronger. And my senses seemed to heighten a little. I took a deep breath and suddenly sensed something about to attack. I quickly turned my bow to right behind Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash. They thought I was about to attack them, but before they could do anything I shot an arrow right between them that hit a timberwolf that had managed to sneak up behind them. They looked behind them and saw that my arrow stuck right between his eyes. He collapsed. Dead. They stared at me now completely terrified. I then sensed a bunch of other hostile creatures.

“Shit!” I yelled. They had no idea what I was worried about.

I then loaded my bow again and closed my eyes. Trusting my other senses to tell me where they were. I shot behind me. Also to the left of Fluttershy and the right of me. I didn’t feel anything else hostile. But I did feel another creature that had seen me and was coming towards us. I put my hand on the earth and felt how much the ground shook when they walked. I smiled as I realized that it was only Twilight. I felt something behind her though.

“TWILIGHT, GET DOWN!!”

I loaded my bow another time and shot at the creature. I felt the creature die. I then opened my eyes and dropped the bow the glow still around my hands. I then rushed to help Twilight up.

“Are you ok?”

“Y-yeah. How did you know that Timberwolf was behind me? And how did you not shoot me? I saw your eyes were closed.” She just then noticed the glow around my hands. “What happened to you?”

“I don’t even know. But hold on, you have a wound on your leg.” I said as I placed my hand on it

“Yeah. I cut myself on a branch while I was coming here to check on you. What are you doing?”

I had closed my eyes and put both my hands on the wound. I channeled whatever was left in my hands to go to the wound. It instantly healed up. I lifted my hands and opened my eyes. I smiled happily.

“So I can heal others as well as myself. That’s good.”

“You… you can do magic?”

“Apparently. I found out yesterday. I don’t know what happened.”

We went back to the camp where the 3 ponies reunited for a second before I explained what happened while Twilight was thinking about something. Presumably my newfound powers.

“Have you ever had any instances of magic before in your lifetime like this?”

“No, nothing.”

“Hmm…. Well, the only possible explanation is that somehow the spell that Celestia cast on you made you more susceptible to magic.”

“Hmm... Maybe.” I say as suddenly feel a searing pain on my shoulder.

A blinding white light was coming from my shoulder and I felt something being formed. It was quite painful. When the light finished I looked at the shoulder that I had burned yesterday. I suddenly saw something that wasn’t there yesterday. A tattoo of a peace sign that had E on either side of it. Everyone was staring at it in amazement

“What happened?”

“You…. You got a cutie mark.” Fluttershy said

“I thought those were only for ponies. And does it burn everytime someone gets one?”

“No. It didn’t for me anyway. Did it burn for you two” Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy both shook their heads. “I guess it’s just because of your being a human then. But what does it mean?” Twilight asked

Thoughts were rushing through my mind of what it could mean. I had no idea. Well, I did but it seemed preposterous. I then looked at them all.

“I think I have an idea. But it is highly unlikely to be right. I think that the E’s represent Earth and Equestria. And the peace sign means that I am to bring peace to both of these worlds.”

“That would be a good theory. Only one problem. There’s no way for you to get back to earth. And even if there was there would be no way back. Plus you said you wanted to stay here.” Twilight said

As if on cue we suddenly felt a shudder like an earthquake in the direction of ponyville.

“Let’s stop this talk for later. Right now we need to go save some people.” I ran to pack up all my stuff. I finished with the help of Rainbow and we began running towards Ponyville.

But I suddenly felt very light on my feet. I looked down and saw that my feet weren’t even on the ground. I was flying! I tried directing myself and I found it was quite easy. I started to fly alongside Rainbow. She didn’t notice me until I called to her.

“Rainbow!! Look!!” I laughed at the look on her face

“Dad!?! How??”

“Let’s hurry up and get to Ponyville!”

I tried to go faster. And I did, Rainbow was even having a tough time keeping up with me. Suddenly a cone began to form in front of me. I widened my eyes in amazement and happiness. I was about to perform a sonic rainboom. I went faster and suddenly I burst through it. Only instead of Rainbow’s following behind me, it was a trail of Blue Smoke and Fire. I looked back to see the three ponies with awestruck faces. I was nearing ponyville when I saw the problem. It was a tear in mid air, that looked like a person could fit through it. And people were coming through it.

Author's Note:

Thank god for Grammarly.