• Published 19th Jun 2017
  • 1,176 Views, 25 Comments

My Little Dashie 3 - lightningman



After being apart for a long time, Rainbow Dash and Devon (The dad) are finally reunited. But is everything perfect?

  • ...
10
 25
 1,176

Chapter 1

I was getting tired waiting for a room to open up. I was at the Canterlot mental hospital to get my memories erased from my past life. Well.. Not all of them. Just the bad ones. It was quite boring as I was sitting there for an hour. But soon enough my name was called.

“Devon Dash, please go to room 52. Devon Dash to room 52.” The PA system called

“I guess that’s me. I hope these ponies know what they are doing.” Devon said

I was still slightly wary around these ponies. I didn’t get that good of an experience with the neighbors when i moved into the house that Princess Celestia gave me. Apparently when twilight said there was a monster in the forest when i first touched down in the everfree forest, it took a profound effect on the people of Ponyville. To be exact, they still thought i was a monster, no matter how many times The Mane 6 and I tried to correct them. In fact the only people that weren’t afraid of me were the Princesses and The Mane 6. Which consisted of Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and of course My daughter, Rainbow Dash. I wasn’t her biological father as she was a pony and i was human, but i technically adopted her when i found her in a box at the age of 5. I looked after her for 15 years before her friends came to pick her up. Apparently in Equestria it had only been 15 days. They brought her back home and i was alone for a year. But again, it was only a day for them. All my family was gone, i had no friends to turn too and the only person i could was taken away by them. I understood it was for the best for her but it didn’t stop me feeling terrible. And i was just about to die when they tried to erase her memory again. I learned that are subconscious had a deep connection and when memories had to be erased we both had to be in the same dimension for it to occur. But since i wasn’t, the spell tried to fix itself by bringing me to Ponyville. But there was one side effect of this occurring. I had also lost all of my memories. I only got them back when i was about to be transported back home, and Rainbow walked in and remembered me. It took me awhile to get my memories back again. But when i did i closed the portal and i’ve been with her ever since. And when she left for her job i wanted answers from Twilight about everything that happened. That’s where we exchanged ideas for what happened and i told her what was going to happen if she hadn’t transported me just then. I had to admit i was a little dramatic then, But i passed out after telling her and when i woke up i was in the mental hospital. Apparently erasing the amount of bad memories i had would take a couple of treatments. But from what i could tell this would be the last one. I sighed as i reached room 52 and i went inside.

“Hello? Anyone here? I’m here to get these last few memories removed.” Devon asked as he peered through the door

When I went inside I noticed a few ponies in there. I recognized two of them. Twilight, And Celestia. I bowed to her. I then straightened up.

“Hi, Devon.” Said Twilight

“Good Afternoon,” Celestia said

“Hi. Um… I don’t mean to be rude but what are you two doing here? I thought this was just a standard memory removal?” Devon said

“it is, but since it’s the last few memories we wanted to be here in case there were any side effects. In which case Celestia is here to fix them.” Said Twilight

“And what about you?” Said Devon

“I’m here to learn by example. I don’t know how to properly do memory erasing spells apparently so I'm here to learn how. Plus I want to see also if there are any side effects.” Said Twilight

“Oh ok,” Devon said

I thought. “Is it that likely something will go wrong that the princesses had to be here?” I shrugged it off and thought. “Well, if something does go wrong, she’s here to help. That’s good at least.”

I went and sat down in the chair setup for me. It was comfy yet firm and it gave me the chance to look at all of the ponies. Twilight still had that warm gleam in her purple eyes that made me trust her in the first place. I remembered our first encounter in her old house, the library. I sighed as I remember she lived in a castle now. She had been crowned a Princess a few weeks ago after she was made into an alicorn. That’s basically a cross between a pegasus and unicorn. She now had wings and her magic.

I then looked at Celestia, who towered over everyone else and had rainbow hair that didn’t seem to stop moving even though there was no breeze in the room. She didn’t have the same gleam in her eyes like Twilight. And her hair was as cute as Rainbow’s, but there was something about her that made her seem friendly. Perhaps it was the sense of power she gave of that made you think. “If I wanted you dead, you’d be dead.” It kinda reminded me of Albus Dumbledore in the Harry Potter books. I didn't dare mention this since they wouldn’t know what I'm talking about.

All the other ponies were wearing white masks to cover their snouts. I couldn’t see their cutie marks, which was weird. I shrugged and laid back in my chair and thought of my daughter. At least if anything went wrong my last memories would be of her. I smiled and closed my eyes.

“Thank you. Now just relax and we will get rid of those memories that have been harming you.” One of the medical ponies said

Narrator - The voice was deep and slow. Again it reminded me of what I thought Kingsley Shacklebolt’s voice would be like if I heard it.
I relaxed and soon enough I could see glowing through my eyelids that brightened every second. Not a light that could come from one lone horn, but from multiple. I felt a tingling sensation go through my entire body and I knew they hit my nerve center. Pretty soon I began to forget my old life. The only memories left alone were my schooling and the memories of this place. Plus all the memories of Rainbow Dash were steered clear of.
You would think that erasing all these memories would affect my personality in some way, but no, and I was as amazed at that as the others were. Everything went perfectly as far as I could tell at that point. The glowing stopped and I knew we were done. I opened my eyes and got on the floor…. And fell over.

“Whoops!” She came over to me and helped me up along with two others ponies. “What happened?” Twilight asked

“I… I don’t remember how to walk.” I tried to get up again. It worked and I tried to take a few steps.

I fell again. They had indeed erased my memories of how to walk. I saw Twilight’s horn glow and she teleported away. Soon enough she was back with Rainbow Dash holding onto her.

“Dad! What happened?” she asked as she rushed to help me.

“Hey, Dashie. Don’t worry, I'm fine. I can’t remember how to walk but other than that I'm fine.”

“Can’t walk? She said as she looked at me. “Wha…” she stopped midsentence.

“Dash? What’s wrong?” I reached out to her and then my hand went right through her.

I then pulled my hand out and I saw it. My hand looked like a low graphic T.V. was glitching out. I looked around for a mirror, and as if reading my thoughts, Twilight gave one to me. I made a grab for it, but my hand went through that as well. I looked at it while Twilight was holding it and received the shock of my life. My whole body was like my hand. I suddenly got a headache and closed my eyes and gripped my head. When I opened them up again I saw the world that neither included ponies, nor anything cartoonish like I was used too. Instead, it was the world that I recognized from my schooling memories…. Earth. My hand was going back to normal and I could touch stuff here.

“no... NO NO NO.... I'm not staying here!" I shut my eyes and concentrated on home.

By then a lot of people were staring at me. And when they tried to touch me I almost stopped being static. So I stayed away from them and a minute later after concentrating on home I opened my eyes. I could see both Earth and Equestria. And in both worlds, I guessed they saw me struggle. But in the Human world, everyone was afraid to touch me.

“Dad! Hold on!” Rainbow Dash called

Her voice was quiet and far away. Even though she was grabbing my arm and yelling. I suddenly got a flashback of when I was about to go through the portal back to the human world.

“I’m not going to leave you again. I promise.”

From what I could tell when I listened to her voice my voice was exactly the same to her. I held on to my daughter as tight as I could and concentrated on her. Soon enough Earth vanished and I completely saw Equestria. When I looked at my hand I was back to normal. I hugged my daughter.

“what happened?” Twilight asked.

“I'd also like to know that. Explain please.” Celestia's voice was stern yet kind at the same time.

“I… I was back on earth,” I say as I looked at them worried.

“What? How?” Dash asked

Celestia - “How would any of us know?”

“i... I have a theory.” I say as Celestia looked at me in incredulously “I'm not sure it’s right or not though.”

Narrator - It was true. I had a feeling that the universe was correcting itself. I didn't belong in Equestria. But I needed to stay here. Whether the universe liked it or not. I had spent 3 months living here. What with the first week regaining my memories that Twilight erased when she erased Rainbow’s memories, and the rest of the time learning to fit in and my memory treatment I had been here a total of 92 days. On earth, I’d be more than 100. Even though I still looked 34. Dashie still looked like she was 20, which was understandable since I found her when she was 5. I shook my head as I was getting off topic.

“Well, tell us please,” Celestia asked

“like Twilight said during my first week here. ‘I don’t belong here.’ So when my memories were erased, the universe realized I didn’t have a way to get them back. So it sent me to the one place that I could. And since I didn’t get them back it’s sure to try again." I said

“So how did you get back?” Twilight asked

For this one, I knew the answer. It had been the love for my daughter and our deep mental connection.

“when I touched down on earth I realized that id dint belongs there. I focused on Rainbow here. Eventually, my vision split to where I could see both worlds. I focused more and I got back. I think because we have a deep mental connection I confused it with that.”

Celestia looked like she was thinking hard. It was obvious that she was confused at these words. She was also amazed that somebody who had never had a single day’s worth of training in magic or the physics of Equestria had all these answers.

“how do you know all this?” she asked as she looked at me. And then Twilight stepped up and answered for me.

“I'm just as confused as you Princess, in fact, he helped me understand what went wrong with the memory spell I originally put on Rainbow Dash. Neither of us can explain it. It just happens.” She then came to help me up.

Celestia looked at us as Rainbow and Twilight helped me out to my house. By the time we got there I almost got my walking back.

“Thanks, Twilight,” I said

“For what?” She asked me, as we went into my house.

My house was small but comfy. It reminded my of the house where me and Dashie used to live. When you entered the house, You go onto a small landing that splits into two separate levels. The upper level included the Dining room, The primary living room, The kitchen, The large bathroom, And two other bedrooms.I didn’t use these. The lower level was a hallway house where if you turn left you are faced with three doors. The left and center were two other bedroom. I used the left Bedroom to sleep. The right door was a smaller bathroom that was cramped but i liked it. If you headed right in the hallway it led to the laundry room off it. And if you head straight ahead it opened into a large room that held a bar, and my other living room. I preferred the lower level to the top one since in the top living room there was a huge window where someone across the street could look in. Rainbow and Twilight brought me downstairs so i could lay down on my couch.

“For explaining my answers to the Princess. I wouldn’t be able to explain them anyway.”

“Oh, no problem.” she said and she smiled to go upstairs.

“Is there anything you need, Dad?” Rainbow Dash asked me concerned

“No, just you being here is enough.” I smile and hug my daughter. She hugs back and sits down on my la -z- boy recliner.

The Princess had brought back multiple luxuries from my home. Including electricity and my old computer. So I turned it on and started some Netflix for us. Soon enough, after a few hours of binge watching, we both fell asleep. Twilight didn’t come back downstairs so I figured she was using one of the guest bedrooms. That night I had nightmares of leaving Rainbow. I knew I couldn’t do that.

Author's Note:

hopefully you guys enjoy this one. i am currently working on chapter 2