• Published 7th May 2017
  • 931 Views, 5 Comments

From One Light Comes Many - Utopianking



Formerly one man, the newly born lights of the Emotional Spectrum try and built their influences over their new world

  • ...
3
 5
 931

Love and Rage

-Dragon Lands-

Garble sits in his cave, staring intently at a large rock. He rarely leaves the cave anymore, not after what that pathetic pony-dragon did to

him. He clenches a fist at the thought of that welp and smashes it the stone. His ‘friends’ stopped hanging around him. His own parents have

left him behind. Garble curls up into a ball, tears starting to well in his eyes.

“Is that really how a dragon acts in this world?”

Garble looks up at a shimmering, red bull, “A red cow?”

“I’m not just any red cow. Hell, I’m not really a cow. I am the Butcher.”

Garble turns away from the Butcher, “I’m not going to take advice from a cow. I still have some dignity.”

“Oh, spare me. From what I remember of my world, every dragon, from the heartless bastards to the harbingers of good will, were strong, egotistical creatures who fought for their cause and never sulked because their egos were bruised. That welp, Spike, is more of a dragon than you.”

Garble leaps to his feet and roars, “Take! That! Back!”

A faint red aura appears around the dragon. Smoke pours from his nostrils.

“I’m gonna take the throne of Dragon Lord and get rid of that pony-dragon!”

“Why Dragon Lord?”

“What?”

“You must be able to see it. You’re a teenager with no natural leading abilities other than intimidation. So, why Dragon Lord?”

“Well, Dragon Lord is the strongest dragon around. And the scepter is pretty powerful. I could get back at Spike in whatever way I wanted.”

“So it was just a means to an end? Well, I can grant you the power to take vengeance on Spike. Power far greater than what being Dragon Lord will bring.”

A ring materializes in front of Garble. He grabs it with two fingers and gives it a discerning look.

“A ring?”

Garble slips the ring onto a claw and he cringes in pain. He puts a claw over heart as a crimson fire climbs up his arm and over his body. As the black and red bodysuit solidifies, Garble vomits a crimson plasma that sizzles on the ground.

“What has this thing done to me?”

“It has given you the power to achieve your vengeance. Go test it out, just make sure not to wear it for too long.”

Garble pulls off the ring and he returns to normal, “What happens if I do?”

“The ring is fueled by your anger: red-hot anger. You wear the ring for too long, it burns through your body. But a few minutes to try it out shouldn’t hurt, along with your dragon body’s natural protection.”

Garble cautiously puts the ring on and the bodysuit reappears. He limply points it at another rock on the ground and a spurt of red energy comes out. The Butcher makes an angry gesture and Garble steels his gaze. The dragon whips his hand and a blast of red energy destroys the rock. He starts to laugh and starts blasting around the cave until everything starts to shake.

Garble removes the ring and grins, “Butcher, we’re going on a roadtrip.”

-Manehatten-

A young unicorn stallion with a blue coat and a dark mane walks through a hallway with a silver mare in a ruby-red dress. They enter a room and the stallion levitates a bottle of wine and some glasses over. He pours the wine as the mare sits on the bed.

“So, hon,” she says, “What do you want.”

“L-let’s just have a drink right now.”

As the mare drinks, the stallion becomes increasingly twitchy. He licks his lips as he looks up and down the mare.

“I’m really sorry about this.”

The stallion is coated in green fire. When the fire fades, there is a changeling standing in his stomach roaring.

“Not again.”

“Do not despair, young Thorax.”

Thorax falls to the ground and starts to writhe on the ground. It feels as if the love of a thousand ponies is flowing through his bloodstream. It feels glorious.

“What are you?” Thorax whimpers in ecstasy.

A strange, bestial creature appears, wrapping itself around the room.

“I am your salvation. I am the incarnation of all Love. I am the Predator.”

When the love rush wears off, Thorax slowly rises to his feet, “What are you doing here?”

“When I came to Equestria, the first thing I noticed was your species. I was saddened by the state you were in, craving love but getting very little. Then I found you, Thorax. I would like you to be my agent among the changelings. Since changeling cannot produce the same energy via love as other creatures, I will give you all as much love as needed.”

“Why me, though? Surely there are other changelings who have left the hive?”

“It is true, there are about a dozen other changelings not part of the hive. But you were the closest to me. What do you say? Become my vanguard of Love, and be known as the savior of your race.”

Thorax looks at the Predator, then his hand. He slowly reaches his hand towards the creature.

“I want my family to stop starving. I’ll do whatever you want.”

The Predator touches Thorax’s hand and flows into his body. The changeling starts to glow with a violet light. His clothes burn away and a suit starts to form around him. The suit appears to be an open vest, showing Thorax’s chest and abs, along with a pair of long pants. A violet ring appears on his right hand.

Thorax runs to the bathroom and looks at himself in the mirror, “What have you done to me?”

“I decided to give you a uniform. Now, go home. We have a ruler to depose.”

Thorax glows violet and he starts to float off the floor, “Woah! This is weird.”

“Just focus on flight and my power will do the rest.”

Thorax opens the window and floats out. With a violet flash, he flies high into the air and out of the city.

Author's Note:

Behold, the appearance of the Butcher and the Predator. Sorry it took a while for this chapter to come out. I have been working on other ideas and I got addicted to Skyrim. Thank cyberlord4444 for the idea to use Garble as the red lantern