• Published 15th May 2017
  • 1,918 Views, 49 Comments

Love is Stronger Than Chaos - fluttercordlover232



Did Fluttershy and Discord trespass into the human world? Or did the humans trespass into Equestria?

  • ...
20
 49
 1,918

Chapter 18

Author's Note:

I may be a decent writer when it comes to words, but I’m not very good when it comes to punctuation. I don’t have any trouble with periods, commas, or apostrophes. But I do have a lot of trouble knowing when to use colons (:), dashes (except when to cut someone off) and other more advanced punctuation. I tried my best to add a colon where I thought appropriate, but please tell me if it’s not and give me an example of when to use it please.

You would think writing dialogue for a character who only speaks in rhyme would be easy, but as a matter of fact, it’s very hard and frustrating (at least for me)

So you better appreciate this chapter!!!!:flutterrage::flutterrage::pinkiecrazy:

Discord groaned as he opened his eyes. The first thing he noticed once his vision cleared was that he was no longer outside. Strange decorative masks hung on the walls that seemed to stare at him in way that was sinister and threatening. Also hanging on the wall were bottles of pottery spun into different sizes and shapes, and hoof-painted with every color imaginable. The air smelled of both incense and damp wood, strangely mixing together to create a somewhat pleasant aroma. He was lying on something soft. A bed perhaps? As luck would have it, there happened to be a fair sized round window adjacent to where Discord was lying. He winced in pain as he tried to sit up enough to see out the window, but he was too weak and ultimately collapsed back down.

He groaned in frustration. The last thing he remembered was walking through the forest in the pouring rain, so how did he get here? Where was here?

“Ah, I see you are awake. But tell me, what has happened to you for goodness sake?”

Discord turned to the sound of the familiar voice and saw a blurred gray shape come toward him

“Zecora?” He mumbled in a whisper, suddenly feeling exhausted, he felt his eye lids grow heavy as they began to close once again.

He felt a cool but gentle hoof on his forehead, “It is I indeed, but there’s no need to fret. For I can assure you that I am no threat. How you came across these wounds, I have no clue. There’s no need to worry though, I think I know what to do!” She declared. She walked over to her cauldron that she kept in the middle of the room and began to stir the liquid within. “As I suspected, your wounds are badly infected. With this brew; it will help heal, but a great deal of rest would still be ideal.”

Zecora walked back over to where Discord was lying with a wooden ladle in her mouth. She approached his bedside and gently poured the liquid onto his now unbandaged wounds.

Discord winced in pain as the liquid stung and burned his exposed wounds. Even after the pain subsided, it was impossible for him to let his body relax.

“Where is the mare you have grown so protective? It seems as though you always want her by your side, at least from my perspective. Given the way you were found, something terrible must have happened to just see you around. Please my friend, tell me that this is all in my head? That Fluttershy is alright, and that you two only just had a fight?” Zecora said with alarm.

Discord didn’t know if it was the potion or what he assumed to be hours of rest, but he could begin to feel the smallest trace of his strength returning. Well, at least enough speak up. “I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I wish it was a fight that brought me here. Speaking of which, Thanks for the help, but I’ve wasted enough time as it is. It has only been a few hours since I left her...but the longer she’s there, the closer she is to death!” He started to lift the jaguar print cloth from his body and began to swing his legs over the side of the bed. His feet just hit the floor when Zecora stopped him.

“Have you not hear what I’ve been saying? The price of arrogance is not worth paying! But to answer your question about how long you were in a daze, I can say without a doubt, it’s been at least three days.”

Discord’s eyes widened, “Three days?! No! No no no no! Fluttershy has been alone at that terrible place for three days while I’ve been here napping in luxury?! I can’t waste anymore time here! Fluttershy’s life is in jeopardy!” Discord suddenly felt a cold sinking feeling in his stomach when he remembered that there was another life in peril. “And our unborn foal’s as well!”

Zecora gasped, “Discord, I now understand why you are so eager to go: but given you’re current condition, don’t you think you should take it slow?” You need to have full strength to work your magic. If not, the aftermath could be tragic.”

Discord signed, “I’m all too aware, Zecora, but I don’t care. Fluttershy and the baby’s wellbeing is the only thing that matters to me right now. I don’t care what becomes of me, as long as I make certain they’re both safe.”

Comments ( 2 )

Thank you for updating also good job on this job

Login or register to comment