• Published 4th May 2017
  • 1,244 Views, 24 Comments

Equestria Six - Nightmare Darkness

  • ...
8
 24
 1,244

Dreams of old

The mind of a spartan is not a fickle thing but for everything that had transpired over the last 72 hours from the loss of his new team, the glassing of Reach, the transport to an unknown part of the galaxy, meeting of new alien lifeforms. The only normalcy was the covenant which proved more a threat now because of the ill prepared pony folk. Ken had laid down in his armor on the bed that was provided and he closed his eyes as he mulled over everything that had happened and what his next move should be.

"Ken" his name was called and he looked up and then down at his hands that were covered in his wet suit version of his armor. Black with grey tones to help break up his form in the shadows. This was a dream he immediately understood where was. He was just about to go on a mission when he had heard about the loss of his fellow spartan threes in the latest operation. He felt odd, not so much as sad but a numbness that he felt in his fingertips, he then looked up and it was Dr Natern, one of the intel officers at ONI that was in charge of his activities.

"Are you alright Spartan B-312?" she asked more as a way to test his mental state before his assigned mission. He nodded as he stood at ease with his hands clasped behind his back.

"Good, I am sorry that you have lost your fellow graduates." she said but in truth he and three others had been separated from the main group to have special wetwork training to make them better assassins for ONI. She then lift her tablet pressing a button and a holographic projector sprung to life showing a building several stories.

"A reporter has gained valuable information on a ONI project and is planning to publish it." she explained pressing another button and a woman appeared in her mid thirties with chestnut brown hair.

"You are to get to her computer and remove all files pertaining to the project, then find her and eliminate the target." she said as B-312 nodded.

"Is this what you meant when you said when the things you did were classified?" A disembodied voice said as B-312 looked around and Dr Natern's body dispersed into a bit information like a hologram and Princess Luna stepped forth from the shadows. Ken frowned and looked at his hands again.

"This is a dream." he said curtly and Luna nodded before she stopped.

"My other duties are to watch over the ponies while they sleep." she explained as her lifelike mane fluttered without the help of any known force. Ken's arms went to his sides before he looked around at the now empty void before bringing his gaze back to the princess.

"This is hard to understand much like your magic, it defies all logic." he said factually which garnered a small chuckle from Luna.

"Much of what you do and say is hard to understand." she said with a cant of her head.

"Why are you here?" he asked pointedly.

"I wondered how a Spartan dreams." Luna said without hesitation. Ken couldn't show it but he frowned before he looked to his left and turned to face where he looked. Luna looked at what was a fast approaching purple light.

"What..."she began and Ken looked at her.

"You will want to take cover." he said cutting her off as the light now seemed to be coming in a arc as the space around them became a green rolling beach that had several rock formations jutting out of the ground alongside the waterfront as blue and green light began to lance at them. Luna recognized the light as plasma fire from covenant forces. Ken moved suddenly and grabbed Luna by the barrel lifting her up as if she were a stuffed toy and took shelter behind a cement wall as the large plasma bomb struck the ground where they had been moments ago causing a massive blue and violet explosion. He placed Luna down and reached behind his back and grasped an assault rifle.

"This is the battle of the beach on Reach, we lost a carrier of civilians here." he said looking over his shoulder as several elites, grunts, and jackals emerged from two troopships as the all familiar sound of he main cannon fired its pink plasma at their position. The thud of it striking the wall didn't faze him but Luna was frozen in place before several UNSC marines took up positions and began to fire. They acted as if she wasn't there as the conflict enraged.

"Yea get some!" one marine yelled out as he shot several rounds. Luna recovered her sense and looked over the cover and several advancing covenant forces. Jackals ran nimbly as a group of three with orange shields firing green plasma at a group of marines who fired back bullets that ricocheted off the shield surfaces.

"They are advancing up the ridge." One marine said before the sound che che che was heard in rapid succession before the marine beside Luna was struck in the helmet by three pink pulsating crystal spikes and within a moment they glowed brightly then detonated causing the marines head to explod with gore. Luna looked at the scene horrified. Ken turned from cover and fired several burst round shots killing several grunts. He took aim at a jackal and squeezed a burst at its open spot on the left side of the shield where the alien held the plasma pistol. This caused it to stagger back and in that same moment the assault rifle clicked empty and in a heartbeat the magnum was out with a round down range into the brain of the jackal. He went behind the column again as several aliens focused on him.

"This is a nightmare!" Luna said looking at him concerned as Ken reloaded a fresh clip into his assault rifle.

"This is war." he said as his face shield looked at her and she saw her own horrified reflection.

"Pick up that rifle and fight this nightmare." he said before turning from the column and dashing to another cover as he mowed several grunts down and body checked a elite causing its shields to dissipate as they fell to the ground and it was to quick to see but a combat knife was in his hand and being plunged under the mandible of the elite warrior killing it instantly.

Luna looked at the rifle of the headless marine and lifted it up with her magic. 'How did this work?' she wondered as a jackal rounded the corner and pointed a plasma pistol at her with its shield lowered and its sinister toothy grin just visible through the orange plasma shield. Luna's horn glowed to command the dream apparition to dissipate only for it to shudder. Her power was overridden by the strength of the persons mind who's dream she inhabited. Here eyes widened as she quickly cast a shield of her own that blocked several shots of the plasma pistol. The jackal shrieked and waved the pistol as if it was hot. Luna's face contorted in rage as she lunged at the jackal swinging the assault rifle like a club, the shield was smashed aside and she pointed the barrel at the jackal and pulled the trigger as she had seen the spartan do causing the weapon to bark angrily as purple blood splattered from its chest cavity spraying across her face and chest. Luna looked up and went to her spot again and saw several elites advancing, one stood out with more flamboyant armor who seemed to be giving orders with an energy sword in one hand and a plasma rifle in the other. Luna took aim and fired several rounds at the elite commander and the bullets deflected off the shields causing them to shimmer and for him to focus on her. Several grunts under his command focused fire on her and she took potted shots from her cover. Hunkering down she pilfered the ammo mags from the fallen marine and a blue glowing ball arched over her cover and landed five feet from her, she looked at it confused as it did nothing but a sound of it winding up before it grew brighter and detonated.

The explosion caused her to drop the assault rifle that was held by her magic. The ringing in her ears was all she could hear as her vision began to recover and focus on the feet of a grunt who was now standing over pointing a plasma pistol at her head. She grabbed its leg with her magic and lifted quickly causing it to shriek in surprise as she flung it over the barrier she had used as cover she grabbed the assault rifle again and pointed the rifle over the barrier. The commander elite howled and began to charge her when suddenly a vehicle with a spartan driving it slammed into the commander shattering the shield and killing the elite, Ken then began to strafe as he began to unleash blue bolts of plasma from the vehicle what moved over the ground like a apparition. Several grunts screamed in horror and began to scramble in terror as some pulled out two blue balls and ran fanatically towards the spartan who turned towards them and cut them down causing them to drop the small explosives which caused a chain reaction of explosions that killed the remaining grunts. Luna looked overhead at a ship that looked different then the sleek design of the covenant, it was squared and more rigid, before it could climb up to the sky a covenant carrier up in the sky shot at it with a beam of light. The ship canted violently and it crashed into the sea.

"We need to get those AA guns up." a voice said as a second cyan colored spartan dropped down from a balcony and walked toward Ken who looked over at him.

"Good work on that Ghost, were going to need it." he said as he looked up as three more covenant ships were descending. Luna looked in horror, when would this nightmare end? Just then the world shuddered. Ken looked at Luna.

"Time to wake up." He said as the world around him began to dissipate and the assault rifle dispersed.

Ken awoke and sat up still in his armor, he missed his old helmet but there was nothing he could do really.

"Sleep well?" Kisara asked. He gave a simple nod then stood up and began to walk to the door when it opened on its own and Luna walked in seemingly with the look of a mare on a mission.

"Ken. Can you make more of those weapons I used in your dream?" she asked seriously. Half of him didn't really believe she was in his dream but now it was confirmed.

"Wait what?" Kisara asked confused and Luna simply ignored her.

"Can you?" she implored. He weighed the risk of giving a underdeveloped species the kind of firepower that would be dangerous, but then again they really didn't stand a chance as they stood now. Magic could only do so much.

"Yes." he said finally and Luna smiled.

"Your weapons seem to be lacking something though." she said with a more malicious smile.

"Oh and what would that be Princess?" Kisara asked.

"A bit of Magic." she said.

Comments ( 1 )

"This is the battle of the beach on Reach, we lost a carrier of civilians here(.)" he said looking over his shoulder as several elites, grunts, and jackals emerged from two troopships as the all familiar sound of (he) main cannon fired its pink plasma at their position.

"This is the battle of the beach on Reach, we lost a carrier of civilians here," he said looking over his shoulder as several elites, grunts, and jackals emerged from two troopships as the all familiar sound of the main cannon fired its pink plasma at their position.

"(Yea get some)!" one marine yelled out as he shot several rounds. Luna recovered her (sense and) looked over the (cover and several) advancing covenant forces.

"Yea come and get some!" one marine yelled out as he shot several rounds. Luna recovered her senses and then looked over the cover, seeing several advancing covenant forces.

"They are advancing up the ridge(.)" One marine said before the sound che che che was heard in rapid (succession before) the (marine) beside Luna was struck in the helmet by three pink pulsating crystal spikes and within a moment they glowed brightly then detonated causing the (marines) head to (explod) with gore. Marine is to be capitalized since it refers to a title and is sometimes used in place of a proper name (e.g. “Hey Marine, adjust your cover!”)

"They are advancing up the ridge," One marine said before the sound che che che was heard in rapid succession. Luna saw the Marine beside Luna was struck in the helmet by three pink pulsating crystal spikes and within a moment they glowed brightly then detonated causing the Marine’s head to explode with gore.

"Pick up that rifle and fight this nightmare(.)" he said before turning from the column and dashing to another (cover as) he (mowed several) grunts down (and) body checked (a elite) causing its shields to dissipate as they fell to the ground (and it was to quick) to see but a combat knife was in his hand and being plunged under the mandible of the elite warrior killing it instantly.

"Pick up that rifle and fight this nightmare," he said before turning from the column and dashing to another cover. To Luna, she saw a skilled dance of death, without any wasted time or effort, as he mowed down several grunts down and then body checked an elite officer causing its shields to dissipate as they fell to the ground. His arm was too quick for Luna to see but a combat knife was in his hand and being plunged under the mandible of the elite warrior killing it instantly.

"Your weapons seem to be lacking something though." she said with a more malicious smile.

"Oh and what would that be Princess?" Kisara asked.

"A bit of Magic." she said.

I’m thinking that magic would be bits of gemstones infused with magic that will explode with the force of a grenade.

Login or register to comment