• Published 4th May 2017
  • 1,241 Views, 24 Comments

Equestria Six - Nightmare Darkness

  • ...
8
 24
 1,241

From Reach

The elite plunged his energy sword where B312 had been; scorching the ground. With all his force he swung the butt of his magnum into the elites head shattering the energy shield giving the opening he needed to squeeze a round into its brain killing it instantly. Another elite was recovering from being pushed back squeezing off three rounds caused his shield to fail and the magnum clicked sounding all ammo was spent. The elite howled with victory as he charged him energy sword first. B312 quickly glanced at the energy sword the elite he just killed dropped and in a quick movement he gripped it activating the blade, he parried the attackers blade and slashed upward cutting the elite from hip to shoulder. It slumped to the ground as he recovered picking up the elites plasma gun. The grunts looked at one another and some shot at him but others ran away cartoonishly screaming in their alien language he made quick work of the grunts. The dusty air suddenly was kicked up by a strong wind. Shielding his eyes he looked up to see the Pillar of Autumn sailing away into the sky. Now his mission complete he looked at the dusty area around him. ‘Now to get off world.’ he thought.

He began scavenge for weapons and found a Drop shield armor ability which he applied to his lower back of his suit. He put a shield down and felt the nano field begin to heal wounds and after a moment his shields replenished on their own. He looked at his helmet and sighed, it was unusable. The shield dissipated, making him bring up the alien plasma weapon. He found a fallen UNSC soldier and he relieved him of his weapon and ammunition. Doing a check he now had four clips of assault rifle ammo and three mags of magnum. Tossing the plasma gun he did his weapon check before racking the action and doing the same for his magnum he also took off the fallen soldier. Picking up the helmet off of the soldier he put it on and the HUD appeared. He looked around and saw an objective still active south west 167 clicks. Since he had no other orders or inclination to what to do he began heading for it.

He had been jogging for several hours before he stumbled across a finished skirmish where the ground was littered by UNSC personnel a warthog personnel carrier was on its side. Many of the dead looked to be researchers and soldiers. He approached the warthog grabbing the roll bar and with a grunt of effort he lifted it to have it get into an upright position. Its shocks hissed as the warthog absorbed its own weight. B312 got to the driver's side and picked up the body of the deceased driver. Getting into the seat he turned the key, the engine roared to life and he pressed on the gas driving towards the way point that was now 98 clicks away.

Approaching the way point it looked to be the wreckage of a battle cruiser. Several of the covenant cruisers were glassing the planet and the air itself was getting hot to say the least. Driving up to the large wreckage he hoped some ship had survived the crashed landing. Stopping the warthog he turned it off and got out of the seat and tapped the hood of the vehicle before he began to climb the wreckage before a crackle on his helmet coms made him stop a moment.

“Ny….U...SC…el...pond…” said a female voice which was all he heard before it began to repeat. He continued to climb and found the hanger several of the crew had met cruel ends by being crushed by objects or impaled by broken twisted steel.

“Any...NSC personnel….ease respond.” The female voice was now heard more clearly. He placed his fingers to his helmets earpiece and responded.

“This is Noble Six from noble team, where are you.” he responded.

“Noble Six this….shipboard AI on the UNSC Judgement​…” she said. He looked up and saw on bulkhead in bold letters UNSC Judgment. He needed to get the AI before it fell into enemy hands. His mission changed, and he began to make his way to the bridge. He passed by an ODST and stopped. He knelt down and gingerly removed the helmet from the woman, her eyes were frozen open. He brushed his fingers over her eyelids and it made her look as if she was asleep. He put on the helmet and the HUD sparked to life as he stood and continued towards the bridge and found it difficult to navigate the warped passages. Pressing the button to open the bridge door it refused access.
“This is Noble six.” The door light turned green and it opened in a jerky motion. Half of the bridge was missing and bodied were still at their posts. On a pedestal the hologram of a female AI that had long golden curls that swayed as she turned her head to look at him.

“Noble Six, I'm a lucky AI the fact you found me before the covenant. Why are you wearing an ODST helmet?” She asked.

“Long story, is there any space worthy ships intact on the Judgment?” He asked approaching her station. She was quiet for a moment as her eyes quickly searched invisible information he couldn't see.

“One Slightly damaged D81-long range Condor in hanger 12.” The alarms sounded suddenly.

“Covenant cruiser approaching the Judgment energy signs show its charging their glassing cannon.”

“You're coming with me.” He said pointing at her. She didn't argue and closed her eyes and a moment later.

“Pull me.” She said, Noble Six pulled her chip and placed it into his helmet. Her voice then spoke in his head.

“I set the core to overload in 15 minutes.” she said and a timer appeared on his HUD. He began to move with a purpose.

“Notify me if you're going to do that kind of thing.” He said jumping over a fallen beam.

“Didn't I just tell you?” She said with a hint of humor.

“Left here.” She said and he turned to see a large gouge but I'm the other side of the small chasm the hangar doors were.

“Hope you can jump.” She said. He put his assault rifle to his back and it clinked to his suit he stepped back five steps before sprinting forward and jumping the gap with room to spare. The ground quaked as the Covenant cruiser began to glass the sight. He saw the Condor locked into place by clamps with some minor hull damage because of the crash. He jumped over the railing, landed then began sprinting to the Condor. It sprang to life as the AI took over. The clamps unlocked and the engines flared as he ran to the back hatch which was already lowered. Several crates were inside the condor but he didn't have time to unload the cargo. He ran to the cockpit and sat down grasping the controls.

“I have control. Open the hangar doors.” He ordered.

“I can't!? They were too damaged in the crash!” She said panicked, the countdown to detonation was 3 minutes. He pressed the button to enable the weapons on the Condor. He aimed at the door and fired everything. A large explosion and he pressed forward before knowing if the doors had been cleared. He half expected to crash himself I into the hangar doors but he was out and flying over the surface as the counter was ticking down before the covenant cruisers glass cannon touched the Judgement it detonated causing a massive explosion which rocked the Condor and made the shields on the cruiser flair. Pulling back on the flight stick as they took to the atmosphere.

“I never said my name. I'm Kisara.” She said

“Ken-B312.” He said as they pulled into space.

“Several banshees approaching.” She warned suddenly then the ship shuddered as a bolt of plasma struck the side of the ship.

“Activate the FTL drive.”

“Where do we go?” She asked.

“Anywhere else but here.” He said and the sound of the FTL drive hummed to life as space warped around them and they left Reach behind.

He had closed his eyes for what felt like a moment and the ship shuddered and he awoke to alarms going off all around his display.

“Kisara.” He said and she answered.

“We were brought out of slip-space by a black hole!” She said alarmed.

“Can we get out of its gravitational field?” He asked. She was quiet for a moment.

“No.” She said matter of factly. He was quiet a moment then suddenly he gripped the controls and stared the Condor at the black hole.

“Activate the FTL drive.” He said calmly.

“What? Are you for real?” She said as her face appeared on his HUD. Her eyes were half lidded and had a 'are you serious’ expression.

“What else can we do?” He said simply.

“We'll can't say we gave up it was nice knowing you for the last half a day.” She said as the FTL hummed again.

“Likewise Kisara.” He said as they shot towards the blackness of the black hole. The ship shook violently as the forces of physics took its toll on the craft. He gritted his teeth and then blacked out.

A flashing light and the sound of his vitals in critical made him open his eyes as he realized he wasn't dead, not yet anyway.

“Ken? Ken! Do you hear me?” Kisara said and he groaned.

“Oh thank god. You're not dead.” She said happily.

“What happened?” He asked as he coughed.

“We...I don't know where we are but we did something that isn't allowed.” She said.

“Not allowed?” He asked perplexed.

“In terms of the laws of physics. We simply broke them. We were meant to die if entering a black hole but here we are.” She said just as perplexed.

“Sit rep.” He said causing her to run diagnostics on the ship.

“The ship is warped but holding barely, the FTL drive is overheated and may have major damage. The cargo is still secure and we have seem to appeared near a planet that is able to be landed on it show signs of life but whether it's friend or foe is to be determined.” She explained.

“Well we need to stop and land then.” He said as he turned the ship towards the planet.


Upon entering the atmosphere the ship shuddered as parts began to clatter and then peel off then an explosion on the right side caused him to look and see his engine had given out. He flicked the switch and killed the left engine.

“What are you doing?!” Kisara exclaimed.

“Gliding.” He said as he pulled up on the flight stick and put the belly of the Condor to the ground to slow the descent.

“Fire the landing boosters on my mark.” He ordered as they fell towards the planet in a guided fall.

“Ready.” she said after a split second. After what felt like long minutes.

“Now!” He barked and the boosters burst to life their descent slowed to a manageable speed. He reached forward and flicked the switch to fire the main engines and luckily both fired up and the Condor flew proper.

“How?” Kisara asked.

“Entry into the atmosphere was too much for the engine so we needed to slow descent before using the main engines.” He said as they approached a open area and swung the condor into a landing pattern and pressed the landing gear and put the condor down into a field. As the condor powered down he stood up and his body felt sore, like he had been stretched and then put back the way he was. He removed his helmet and grabbed a water bag that was on the ground and drank deeply before putting his helmet back on. He pressed the button to open the hatch and walked down the ramp pulling out his rifle and began to sweep the area. The hatch closed behind him as he walked into the treeline.

“There are several lifesigns around us but none appear to be hostile. There seems to be a settlement 3 kilometers northwest.” Kisara said as he nodded and jogged till they made it to the treeline. He could see huts and movement all around. His optics zoomed in and saw horses. Small in stature compared to him but they seemed sentient and moved about with purpose and thought.

“Is the air holding any hallucinogenic properties?” He asked.

“If there is I can't detect any but I'm seeing what you are. Those are ponies.” She confirmed.

“ONI did not prepare me for this.” He said as he looked at them again.

Author's Note:

I know B312 AKA Noble Six has no offical name so I am taking liberties with him as a character.

Acronyms:
HUD- Heads Up Display
FTL- Faster Then Light