• Published 5th May 2017
  • 5,006 Views, 4 Comments

An Overnight Gain - Chubbow Rose



After a spell from Twilight goes wrong, a mare wakes up with a few more pounds than she should.

  • ...
2
 4
 5,006

Overnight Gain

Twilight Sparkle frowned, looking in her large, bedroom mirror. After becoming Princess of Friendship, Twilight had gotten a lot more busy with paperwork. Making sure she spent time with her friends as well as making sure she did her “Princess Homework”, as Spike called it, left little time for diet and exercise. It was only recently that she had noticed the effects however, and she didn’t like it much.

Her belly had an obvious layer of padding to it, jiggling slightly when she walked. Her rear had gotten bigger as well, adding cushioning when she sat down. Her cheeks seemed a bit fuller and looked softer overall.

She wasn’t really fat, just a tad chubby. Still, a princess shouldn’t look anything but perfect! Having no time to use normal means of weight loss, the purple alicorn went to her passion to find a solution. After spending her rare spare time researching, she came up with the perfect spell!

It would be a two part spell. First, it would turn her excess fat into pure magic energy, leaving her slim and trim. After that, it would use her magic to make everyone in Ponyville remember her as always having the perfect figure, as if she never gained any weight at all! It was designed to work overnight, to maximize the effect of the second part of the spell.

Sure, it seemed like a bit much, but she didn’t want to disappoint Princess Celestia!

Twilight walked down into the main area of the library and, after sending Spike out for groceries, put up the library’s CLOSED sign. She needed space and concentration to cast her new, delicate spell. After going through the notes a few time, the princess was ready. She closed her eyes and charged her horn. Slowly she fit the spell matrices together as her horn charged to full power. If she put them together wrong then who knows what would happen. That was why she had sent Spike out, to make sure she was completely alo-

“HI TWILIGHT!” Ponyville’s pink party pony, Pinkie Pie shouted as she burst into the library through the front door. Twilight let out a cry of shock and accidently released the spell, sending a beam of magic shooting off into town.

“Pinkie Pie?! What the hay!” Twilight shouted in surprise, though the fatigue from casting such a powerful spell drained her, leaving her panting.

“Sorry Twilight! I was going around getting everything ready for a party for us and the girls and I realized I forgot to tell you about it so I got here as fast as I could to tell you!” She quickly gave Twilight an invitation to said party. “Gotta go finish setting up see you then bye!” And with that, the pink pony zoomed back into town, leaving a confused and tired Twilight wondering what happened.

~~~Later~~~

Redbow Rose contently ate her spaghetti. Today had been a quiet day other than for the random stray bolt of magic hitting her. The red pegasus rarely had days to herself. Her job as an investigative journalist around Ponyville had her looking around often, as there was no shortage of stories to be found. When she wasn’t out working, she spent her time with her lovely wife, Honey Strudel.

Honey used to be a baker in Baltimare, but at one point became the head archivist at the Royal Canterlot Library. How that occurred she never really explained. She was a great cook however, often recruiting Redbow to help her make dinner when she got home. When Redbow had a day off with her, they would walk around town looking at shops together as they explored the town. Honey Strudel was often exhausted after this, as she wasn’t a slim mare. Quite the opposite in fact.

While Redbow was slim and trim like pegusi tend to be, Honey Strudel was an obese unicorn. Her big, jiggly belly hung low to the ground, reaching a bit past her knees and causing her to waddle around on her chunky legs. Her rear was large and jiggly, sometimes getting her stuck in the small spaces she navigated at the archives, as well as giving her a healthy extra layer of padding when she sat down. Her face and neck were quite chubby and, to Redbow, made her look adorable. Redbow would often give her wife belly rubs after a long day together, enjoying the soft plushness under her hooves and, on very special nights, her body.

Strudel sometimes commuted on the train to Canterlot for her job, leaving early in the morning to return by dinner time. Tonight, however, she would be back after Redbow had gone to sleep. While the journalist loved her wife, she needed some time to herself every once in a while.

After she finished her meal and cleaned up the kitchen and dishes, Redbow sat at her wriing desk and began working on her personal fiction story. “The Trials of Echo, the Friendly Changeling” wouldn’t sell well due to public opinion of the creatures, but she hoped to publish it someday anyways.

After a while, brain numb from wringing the words out of it, Redbow put away her story and began her final nighttime routine before crawling into bed, falling asleep quickly.

~~~In the Morning~~~

Redbow let out a yawn, smelling haybacon in the air. She smiled sleepily. Her wife had returned home and woke up early to make her breakfast. Half asleep, Redbow wiggled out of bed and landed with a thud that shook the room. She frowned, the motion felt much harder than usual and she felt so...heavy and jiggly. Looking down she was immediately awake, seeing the mass of red that made up her body looking much bigger. She quickly ran, or rather waddled, to the master bathroom mirror, feeling her body jiggling along the way.

She was speechless at what she saw. Where last night she was small and sleek, this morning she was huge and fat, bigger than her wife! Her new, huge belly hung low to the floor, mere inches away from dragging on it. Her rear was massive as well, so big she could seat two fillies on the big, fat globes. Her cutie mark was stretched out on her jiggly flanks. Her legs were thick as well, sleeves of adipose making them wobble about when she moved them. Even her back and wings were plump! Her neck was thicker than a filly’s barrel and her face was quit round, her pink blush showing on her very chubby cheeks.

Redbow didn’t know how to react to her overnight obesity, so she stared at her reflection for a few moments, moving around for a better look. Eventually her mind processed it fully and she let out a large shriek. Not long after, her wife ran into the room, looking around. “What is it? What’s wrong?!”

Redbow turned to Strudel, pouty and teary eyed. “W-waify I’m...I’m fat!” Strudel blankely stared back, no expression shown. Eventually she sighed.

“I know. I can’t believe it took you this long to notice!”

“What?” Redbow frowned. “What’s that mean?”

“Redbow, dear, you’ve been gaining weight for months now. I don’t know how you never realized it, especially when you started getting too heavy to fly.” Strudel grinned and patted the pegasus’s large gut. “I don’t know how an investigative journalist like yourself can miss getting so big when you can tell how recently the mayor dyed her mane with a single look!”

This only made Redbow more confused. “But I was perfectly slim yesterday! I was flying around and didn’t look like a big red marshmallow!” Strudel only shook her head.

“Last time you were off the ground you weren’t a blimp. Why don’t we get you something to eat? That usually makes you feel better.” Strudel then turned and led the oversized journalist into the dining room, the bigger mare blushing heavily as she had to waddle with her huge belly.

At the table was a huge feast that made Redbow drool. While there wasn’t much variety, there was no lacking of quantity. Plates covered the table, with haybacon, eggs, and hashbrowns piled up high upon them. Her newfound gut grumbled loudly at the site, demanding she eat soon. The pegasus sat down, blush ever-present as she could feel every extra pound on her frame, and it didn’t help that her wife gave her a knowing look as she stared at the food.

She was suddenly glad that they sat on pillows instead of chairs. Her wife always strained the seats at restauraunts, and with her sudden increase in size Redbow had a feeling that she’d crush a normal seat under her.

The obese pegasus tentivly put her normal servings on her plate, ignoring the snickering her wife made at the relativly tiny serving size. She took a bite and let out a quiet moan. Her wife was such a good cook, it was a wonder she hadn’t gained weight before! If this was all the weight she should have gained, though, she wished it didn’t appear overnight.

Redbow happily ate her food, losing herself in the flavors. One thing about her was that while she was (suppose to be) slim, she ate like a fatty. She often snacked whenever she was around the house, whether she was hungry, a snack tasted good, or she was just bored. She loved food and with how good a cook her wife was, she often ate until she was sick, taking a long time to recover from her overfull gut. Part of her wondered if her wife was right and that she had been gaining weight and simply never noticed. That part was silenced as the porky pegasus focused on eating more of the delicious food, slowly losing control as she ate more and more.

She kept adding more food onto her plate as she squirmed in place, stuffing her muzzle with more delicious food. She was in bliss, devouring pounds of hay bacon, hash browns, and eggs before downing a large glass of iced sweet tea before eating more. Strudel watched her wife eat like a mare starved mare, a smile on her lips as she ate her own large breakfast.

Redbow’s sizable gut began to swell with how much she ate, growing under the table as she ate enough to feed entire families. Occassionally she stopped to let out a loud burp to release the pressure building in her before diving right back in. Eventually she finished, groaning and pushing herself away from the table before laying back, resting greasy hooves on her massive, stuffed gut.

Honey Strudel smiled and waddled over to her wife with a napkin held in her magic. After wiping the grease off her hooves and muzzle as best she could, Strudel began rubbing the belly of her fat wife, helping to both release the gas still trapped in it as well as help the pegasus recover from her food coma. Redbow’s cheeks puffed out as she stifled a burp, her self consciousness returning as well as her blush. “I didn’t..urf...I didn’t mean to eat that much…”

In return Strudel smiled again and rubbed the somewhat taut belly more. “You never do, dear.” Redbow let herself relax with the feelings. With the food coma still somewhat affecting her, she felt too drowsy to feel panicked about her new girth. In fact, she was starting to enjoy it.

She began thinking that being so big wouldn’t be so bad. She would be able to eat as much as she wanted without worrying about gaining weight like she used to, she would get to eat more food at once, and she would get more belly rubs that before. Belly rubs certainly felt better when you had so much belly to be rubbed. Her new softness was a plus too. Even on the floor she felt comfortable thanks to her new layers of blubber, and it did feel nice to have the weight.

Redbow smiled contently as she began dosing off again from the heavenly belly rubs. She didn’t ask to be fat, but she doubted she would be trying to lose the pounds when she woke up.

Author's Note:

Hey, If you've read this then I hope you enjoyed the story! This came out of a contest and I decided to try my luck and post it. Feedback is appreciated!

Comments ( 4 )

That was a pretty good story. I like the characters and the way you described their appearances. I especially love the concept you worked with here, even if it's pretty silly when it comes to "realism". The pacing was also pretty decent for a piece of this length.

Hope to see more from you. :)

8142492 Thankwds! I'll see if I can't write​ more!

Love the idea! Was nice and short too which I enjoy. :)

It is a nice story hun, but please please give it a spell check and do another chapter.

Login or register to comment