• Published 2nd Jun 2017
  • 1,156 Views, 20 Comments

Fallout: Equestria - Echoes of the Ministries - Banjo64



A package has been delivered. Within lies echoes of ponies who once held Equestria's fate in their hooves.

  • ...
6
 20
 1,156

Prologue: The Package

Dear Velvet Remedy,

I hope this package finds you well. I doubt that you know of me, except perhaps as one of the countless rumors that echo across the land, and frankly I have no desire to be identified. Please understand, it’s not because I am a wanted mare or anything. I simply do not feel my activities and talents are particularly noteworthy. I am aware of how busy you are these days, and I do not wish for you to concern yourself over somepony as insignificant as me.

But still, I feel it is my responsibility to send you this package. It’s not for my sake, or for yours. I am sending it because I have learned that right now there is a pony whom I greatly admire under your care. A pony who is recovering from agony so great I cannot begin to imagine it. I am certain you know to whom I am referring.

While I am confident that you and the doctors working with you are up to the task, I would like to offer my assistance with the healing process. Within this package is knowledge that I hope will prove beneficial to her. I am not a psychologist, so I must admit I have no idea whether the contents will actually help in her recovery. As such, I will trust your judgement as to whether or not this gift will be of any use and to utilize it appropriately.

Assuming this package arrives safely (not that I doubt miss Ditzy Doo’s abilities), you will find six memory orbs and a series of letters inside. These memories are my own, but while I wrote the letters myself, I was simply writing what I was dictated, as the ponies who they are actually from were incapable of writing their own.

I should warn you that I am a pony of unique talents, and my memories and letters contain things that some would deem impossible. To be honest, I have not yet determined if I truly posses the unnatural abilities I seem to, or if I am merely suffering from powerful hallucinations. I’ve never taken any chems, so I can at least say they’re not the result of such things.

But whether my memories are true or not, I am hopeful they will prove useful. What matters is if they can help your current patient recover. I must request that you at least view them and consider whether they will, in some way, aid her. Again, I will trust your knowledge and better understanding of the situation towards making this decision.

Still, the story of your friend, the Stable Dweller, appears to confirm that the things I see are genuine. It could just be a long series of coincidences, but we both know how easily the line between impossible and improbable is crossed these days. I never dreamed I would see the world become green again. You and your friends have been so inspirational to me that I feel a tad arrogant sending this to you. I’m certain you receive many such letters every day.

But again, I have no desire to be recognized. My actions and endeavors shall leave little to no mark on the world today, nor shall I be long remembered for them. I am content knowing that I have done good things that nopony else could, even if they are seemingly inconsequential. While I’m certain that the contents of the orbs and letters will leave you with many questions, I must insist that you let me fade into obscurity once my delivery is no longer useful. Besides, everything I could ever offer you or the world as a whole is already contained within this package.

Regardless of whether you deem my memories useful or a waste of your time, I wish you the best of luck with your continued efforts to not only save that certain pony, but make the Equestrian Wasteland a better place.

-Silent Cry

Author's Note:

Perk Acquired: Outside Perspective

You are viewing someone else's memories. There is no danger of dying, but no experience will be obtained.

For the record, this spin-off only considers the original Fo:E canon.