• Published 9th Jul 2012
  • 902 Views, 7 Comments

Blizzrendarilious - Bass Kick



Every pony in Ponyville has a story... so what's Screw Loose's story, before she became a mad mare?

  • ...
 7
 902

... Pet

This story is for Screw Loose, whom has taught me that life is a gift that you recieve; never give it up.


... Pet

The Pony's Hospital was the sanctuary of healing to of all of Ponyville. But the hellish tunnels of
despair that lay below its doors told a entirely different tale of twisted words.

The dim lights of the squared-off hallways gave an ominous glow to the slick tiles that painted the floors. There were iron doors spaced equally down the walls, barred doors that hid the dark-minded ponies of insanity deep in the hospital.

Various echoing noises of two ponies wayfaring a single hallway could be heard all throughout the underground labyrinth of the ghostly Ponyville Asylum. These ponies had to be head-strong against the atmosphere, for pacing the halls of the asylum for more than two minutes a day would break a weak mind in two.

"We're almost there, nurse." The stallion informed his quiet backtracking assistant as he led the way throught the fog of darkness toward a huge iron door that stood at the end of the hallway.

"Mm hm," she responded spinelessly with a quiverring lip. Taking a few breaths, she continued to follow steadily in Doctor Oxy's footsteps, anticipating where the expedition would lead her.

As they neared the rusted door that blocked their path, Doctor Oxy held one of his forelegs out in front of the nurse. She stopped at his guesture, and watched him pace up to the iron door.

After peering through a fairly small slit in the door to get a view of the cold hallway that lay inside, Doctor Oxy tapped on the thick iron four times.

Doctor Oxy's understudy prompted herself to be as still as a statue, awaiting a voice from behind the door.

Seconds passed, and Doctor Oxy tapped on the bolted door again, but with more force this time.

"State," a baritone voice from the other side of the door echoed spontaneously, causing the timid nurse to jump.

Doctor Oxy placed his left cheek up against the cold door. He then cleared his throat and stated the following sequence: "Nineteen. Twelve, fifteen, fifteen, nineteen, five." He spoke carefully, as if there was some sort of secret meaning to the set of numbers.

After another brief pause, the stallion on the other side unlatched and pushed the door open with brute strength, letting cool air flow through the intern's mane.

"Follow me," Vigilant, the stallion that had opened the door, greeted in a sinister yet jokingly tone.

"Alright, Vigilant. Now let's take a look at my patient," Doctor Oxy lilted while fixing the glasses that were resting above his snout.

Vigilant halted the doctor and his intern at another locked-and-barred door that stood in their way.

But this time, a patient of the asylum was behind the door.

"You... you stay with the patient all day?" the oblivious nurse asked the door keeper.

"No, sweetie," Vigilance paternally replied in jest. "We have shifts here. I watch the pet from nine to three."

"Pet?"

"And it's feeding time," Vigilance added. "So cover your ears."

As the strong door keeper parted the deadbolt from in the door, The nurse became frightened. Pet? Ears? Why did I even sign for this internship? she thought to herself.

Vigilance opened the steel door, revealing a dark room with no windows, only shadows, and as far as the eye could see, a white cushioned floor. "She better be awake," he muttered.

Flicking on an electric light, the sealed-off room came to life. And sitting against the back wall was a light blue mare, all tied up in a white jacket and her hind legs grounded to the floor with metal rings.

The nurse gained a wall of question as to what the Ponyville Asylum was involved in pertaining to ethical practices.

Vigilance and Doctor Oxy were in the room with the 'patient', with the nurse near the door, looking in. Vigilance grabbed the muzzle that was on the patient with a tool, while Doctor Oxy used his unicorn magic to unlatch the muzzle. This startled the patient out of her silent sleep.

The nurse backed up timidly from the door, looking away from the sight. This was the first time she ever saw an insane pony in person. And now it was only about a dozen feet away from her. Waking up.

For a second, the patient was clearly confused, looking around with a blank expression, her unkept mane flopping in front of her face. The mare seemed so naive, so young, as she acted like a young filly would in a room of strangers.

"I got the food," Doctor Oxy told Vigilance as he handed the stallion a leather bag. Vigilance took the bag from his magical grasp and tore the top part of it off, revealing a ground-up muck of a material.

They call that food? the nurse thought to herself, peeking in through the door into the eerie room.

The light blue mare looked around slilently, neither a frown nor smile on her face. She blinked hard, her eyes staying on Vigilance as he poured the 'food' into a metallic bowl in front of her.

"Why are you feeding her like that?" This time, the nurse's inner thoughts escaped from her lips.

The light blue mare munched on the 'food' hungrily, swallowing to take more and more bites. When the food was gone, she looked up with bright eyes, investigating the stallions that were around her.

She seemed so young to the nurse, even though they were even on an age basis. But how could they do this to this defenseless mare? It was like watching a small filly being kept away from the world for so long... no. It wasn't like it. It was it.

"Well, she doesn't seem mentally ravaged; just a little timid," the nurse said softly to the two stallions that were running a blood test on the patient.

"That's my intern. She's new," Doctor Oxy said to Viligance as he drew a blood sample. This explained a lot to the door keeper.

"Oh, so you're new here, are ya?" Vigilance started. "Well, miss..."

"Redheart. Sunshine Redheart."

"Well, Miss Readheart, look here: we don't have any of these pets locked up in here for no reason; these things are beyond crazy." Even though Vigilance had given her that piece of information, Redheart wasn't buying it.

"Well, I don't think that keeping this timid mare in here is legal under any circumstances; I just might have to contact the authority of Mayor Mare."

"Blah, blah," Vigilance retorted. "Oh so you don't think that this pet of mine is unstable?" Before letting Miss Redheart answer, Vigilance pulled a small object from his saddle bag and threw it in the patient's metallic feeding bowl, creating a very violent, high pitched noise.

The light blue mare started to twitch, and began to growl as if she was a guard dog. Redheart, who was now inside the shadowy cage had backed up once more, disturbed by the sight. The mare was barking like she really was a dog, trying to snap at Vigilance. In return, the door keeper just laughed.

Redheart didn't know what to say.

Doctor Oxy was angered. "Will you shut that thing up! I can't finish my final test if it keeps moving!"

Vigilance complied, and pulled another, more dangerous looking object from his saddle bag. He held it in his mouth and bit down on a button, causing the deranged mare to let out a bark of pain, sending her eyes into loopy positions. She then fell over as far as she could under constraint, and twitched rapidly, before coming to a quiet stop.

Redheart watched in horror.

"That's better," Doctor Oxy breathed, and lifted the tased mare's head up. He opened each of her eyes, and shone a small mouth-held light into them. The purple eyes were in a normal position, and her small tounge was hanging out as if she were dead.

"Is she dead?" Redheart asked in a worried tone.

"No, just shaken."

The light blue mare started to pant, and looked up at Vigilance. In reply, Vigilance threw a dinner roll into her bowl. She gobbled the food up and sat up.

"Okay, your time with my pet is up, Miss Redheart," Vigilance foolishly said to the intern. "She's had too much fun for one day," he joked, shaking his head at the patient pony as she panted like a dog, staring at Redheart.

Before exiting the room in Doctor Oxy and Vigilance's lead, she glanced back at the mare for one last time. She looked deep into the patient's eyes. She instantly felt sorrow for the pony.

Then a small twinkle occupied the corner of one of the the light blue mare's eyes.

Upon exiting the room, Doctor Oxy tried to explain the whole matter that had just occurred.

"You see, Miss Redheart, my patient is of an extreme bound when classified in the term of 'insane'; she is more of... how do I put this," he tapped his chin with his hoof in though, then continued. "Screw Loose is more on the side of... blizzrendarilious. I created the term when diagnosing her a while back."

But how, and why was she so mentally unstable? Redheart thought to herself as she paced the gloomy halls. There must be a deeper story, something so strange cannot just 'happen' to a pony.

Back in the dark shadows of her cage, Screw Loose shook timidly. She akwardly positioned herself to look around imagining what could lay outside of her nightmare. After giving up und calming down, she stared at the cushioned floor. A tear formed in the corner of her right eye. A tear that said, "help me".

BLIZZRENDARILIOUS

So, there it is! Tell me how you like this story, would 'ya! Also, I am in need of some MAJOR constructive feedback, so... moustache.

Comments ( 7 )

:scootangel: First fanfic, that I read about Redheart and Screw Loose. Strangely enough, I never knew her name was Screw Loose. Anyways, great story. The editing was amazing. I love how Screw Loose is, the pet.:rainbowlaugh:. I love this story and i hope it gets popular, which means you get a favorite, a like, and this comment. Good luck in the bitterniss of the internet:derpytongue2::rainbowlaugh:.


Arrivederci :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:
epicdonus1123

(btw, I tried to look up the definition. It's amazing because the only result on the word, was this story :). You have started a new word.)

RB_

Off to a good start!

5/5 Big Macs
:eeyup::eeyup::eeyup::eeyup::eeyup:

Just so you know, you have two typos. Bared instead of barred, and docor instead of doctor.

Also, this story intrigues me. I will keep an eye on this, as I have high hopes for it.

Is gewd! Looking forward to the next part!
Now then, "sinister yet jokingly" should either be "jokingly sinister" or "sinister, yet joking".
"cleard his throat" (cleared, of course.)
"haulted" should be "halted".
"paternaly" should be "paternally".
"violent high pitched noise" should have a comma after "violent".
"gobbled the food up sat up" could be "gobbled the food and sat up" or "gobbled the food up and sat (adverb besides up, like erect, or straight)".
"Vigilance foolishly said to the intern" Foolishly doesn't really make sense here, implying he is making a mistake by saying what he said. In the context of the paragraph, I think something like "teasingly" would fit better.
"She looked deep into the patient's eyes. She instantly felt sorrow for the pony." This seems awkwardly phrased. Looking deeply into somepony's eyes implies a more lengthy endeavor. Maybe "She looked deep (or deeply) into the patient's eyes, and felt a (adjective) sorrow for the pony." Something like "profound" or "resounding".
"occured" should be "occurred".
"classified in the term of" should be "classified with the term of" or "classified in the category of".
"positioned herself to look around imagining" should have a comma after "around".
"cusioned" should be "cushioned".

Like I said, I like the story, and I'm looking forward to the next part, these are just suggestions for things that jumped out at me. :twilightsheepish:

>> Shumiry

Good eye :rainbowlaugh:! And thanks for the extensive help :twilightsmile:

Earned: :moustache: :moustache: :moustache:

Well, Redheart could use a little background info, for connections sake, but so far so good. I might as well shamelessly recommend you read "Element of Generosity" and see how I gave an OC without a name a compelling (In my opinion at least) background story.

Login or register to comment