• Published 9th Jul 2012
  • 4,104 Views, 248 Comments

Living in the Present, Hoping for the Future. - FlutterDash979797



Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash seek each other for help and discover something more within themselves.

  • ...
5
 248
 4,104

You're It

"Come on, put the game into it! I never thought a tortoise could be that slow!" Angel dug into the bowl of popcorn, throwing some around the room in the process."Video games are awesome! I can't wait to see the look on your face when I beat you, Tank!"

Tank however held an air of confidence, assured that he could best the bunny easily, without any problem. "I'm not going to take that seriously." Tank inserted Super Smash Bros. into the gaming console and made his way back to the chair, carrying a controller with him.

Angel mashed the start button as the title screen appeared."Hmm... I guess Pikachu will do, he seems to be a lot like me as well. Although, I am pretty sure he is a mouse, but it will do."

"I'm going to be... hmm... Fox."

"Dude, you don't even get it, do you? You have to be a character that you are the most like! Fox is actually a mammal, and really fast! But, you... are a reptile. And you are slower.... than really slow things! That's like... not cool man! So, switch your character!"

"Since, when do I take orders from you, man? Who the shell do you think you are? Anyone can choose what character they want! Now start the game, man!"

"Okay then, hmmm... What stage do you want to play on, Tank?" Angel said, refusing to acknowledge the truth to Tank’s claims.

"I don't know, man. Just do a random stage."

"Nah, screw that. Let's duke it out on the Star Fox ship."

"You mean the Great Fox?"

'Whatever..."

"Three... two... one... go!" The game began with Angel and Tank on opposite sides of the ship. "Come at me, bro!" Angel sent several lighting beams towards Tank’s character. The tortoise effortlessly dodged them with a few hops.

"Angel, really?" Tank began to laugh slowly as Angel continued to throw lightning bolts while he was just dodging them. "Look man, it didn't work for the first time. But, why would it work the 25th time?"

"Obviously, you don't understand my genius strategy. That's cool, I don't expect you to." Tank soon thought it will be the perfect time to attack now because Pikachu’s fire rate was slowing down.

"Alright, that's it. I'm going to kick your flank." Tank moved his own character Fox towards Pikachu, easily dodging Angel's lightning spam.

"Slow down, Tank! Wait, what are you doing? Not fair, knock it out!" Angel mashed the controller’s buttons in agony as Tank used Fox to deliver a series of kicks, easily outwitting Angel.

"Haha, not quite the character for me, are you Angel? Use Some strategy!"

"Hey, I can do that, turtle! The game is just beginning."

"It's actually tortoise..."

"I know!"

Angel’s character re-spawned again and he used it to send several lightning bolts towards Fox before initiating a full charge at him. As their distance was finally ending, Pikachu kicked Tank’s character several times. Tank responded back by deflecting his own attacks and kicking him across the stage.

"Alright, screw this game!" Angel threw the controller across the room with anger. "You win. Fine. I was too cool for video games, anyway."

"Angel, man... look, we can find another game. We have nothing else to do. Just go get another game and I'll let you win. Does it sound good for you?"

"Okay, I guess so. I'll go check it." The bunny hopped away from his chair and dug through the entertainment systems. "What about Goldeneye 007?"


"That was such a lovely dinner. I’d just love to dine together there, every night," Fluttershy held the door open for Rainbow.

"Yeah, it was pretty awesome." Dash embraced Fluttershy in a romantic hug. "But not as great as the company."

"Alright Rainbow. That was pretty romantic, or at least in comparison to tonight's dinner." The young lover giggled throughout Luna’s night.

"How does it feel Fluttershy?"

"What?"

"You know. Us. How does it feel?"

"I'm still a little nervous and confused... but I have never felt more confident in my life. I'm proud to be with you Rainbow. And these feelings... they feel pretty good."

"I feel the same way. I'm proud to be with you."

"You ever wonder where life will take us? What will our lives be like, back in Ponyville?"

"I’m sure all of our friends will be happy for us. And for anyone else, if they have a problem with us, I don't care. Neither will you.” Dash’s defensive tone stilled Fluttershy’s nerves as they walked along in the night.

"I know. We aren't hurting anypony."

"Hey, Fluttershy."

"We don't need to worry about other ponies all the time. We need to worry about ourselves sometimes, you know?"

"Yes, I understand Rainbow."

"Hey, Fluttershy."

"Yes?"

Rainbow slapped her hoof against Fluttershy's body. "You're it!" The cyan mare took to flight in her trademark speed. After a quick giggle, Fluttershy retracted her wings and chased towards her love. Rainbow clearly adjusted her speed so her marefriend could just barely keep up. "Come on Fluttershy! You don't want to be tagged forever, do you?"

Fluttershy tried her hardest to get her voice loud enough for Rainbow to hear. "Come here you silly! I'll get you! All I need to do is to ask for a kiss!"

"That would work if I could hear you!" Rainbow teased as she soared along displaying the elegance and precision of a Wonderbolt. It was a particularly beautiful time for flight; nearly all of the stars were visible and Luna's moon was full. Both ponies were illuminated under the moonlight, highlighting their natural beauty.

"Hey, check this out!" Rainbow landed in a small cloud. "Must have been left over here. Probably some pegasus forgot about it. Come on over! Plop a seat!"

Fluttershy made her way to the cloud and gently landed next to Dash. Rainbow threw her foreleg around Fluttershy and brought her close. "You look really pretty in the moonlight, Fluttershy."

"I was just thinking the same thing."

"Me? Pretty? How about awesome instead?"

"No Dashie. I like pretty better." The shy mare insisted, causing her mare to smile back at her.

"Okay. I guess I look pretty then." Dash turned her eye's onto Fluttershy's. She could just barely make out the color of her eyes under the moonlight. "I love you."

"I love you Dashie."

Rainbow softly moved her lips towards Fluttershy's, closing her eyes passionately. Their lips met with a soft touch.

Fluttershy could feel chills all through her body. It felt strange, yet amazing by the same time for the yellow pegasus. Every little tingle; from her stomach to her lips, screamed pure joy. As the kiss continued, Rainbow gently laid her down upon the cloud, her kisses becoming even more passionate.

After Rainbow finally withdrew her kiss, Fluttershy was panting heavily in anxiety, pleasure and excitement. "Dash... that felt so right.”

"You're telling me." Rainbow was clearly afflicted with the same symptoms as Fluttershy.

"I think anymore and I might pass out!" Fluttershy’s pounding heart nearly pierced her chest. It hammered away with the intensity of Dash’s wings.

"Well, I hate to break the best minute of our entire lives, but we left the boys alone. We’d best go check up on them."

"Sure Rainbow. I'm right behind you."

The couple helped each other up and started to wander back to the cabin to check how their pets were doing. Dash slipped a quick kiss in on her marefriends muzzle then put a protective wing over her to ward from the cold night air. Fluttershy squeed with delight and nuzzled into her protector filling their night with love.


"You said you would let me win! Losing three games in a row does not count as winning, you liar!" Angel proceeded to throw the controller once again across the room with an insufferable rage.

"Man, easy on the controllers, okay? These aren't yours. And it's your fault you fell for it. You're so gullible!"

"This is just perfect! Fluttershy and Rainbow are not a couple... Yet... I lost to you in cards. I lost to you in Super Smash Bros... The bunny paused for a brief moment. "And I don't even want to talk about this game! What a world? When will things ever... The bunny's eyes opened to an extreme that Tank thought was previously impossible.

"Angel, bud, you alright? Angel!"

Within a microsecond, Angel lept onto the ceiling fan and rode on it's blade for several rotations. He then used the momentum to catapult himself” towards the kitchen, where he devoured every scrap of food in sight.

"Angel, what is going on!"

"Fluttershy and Rainbow..." Angel’s cheeks formed a rosy-red.

"What?" Tank stomped his foot against the ground and shook the rabbit numerous times.

"Fluttershy and..." His sentence was interrupted by a mandatory victory roll across the floor.

"Okay... okay... YES!... okay... Fluttershy and Rainbow were totally kissing outside! I beat you! I knew it, haha! I'm never wrong! I'm never wrong! Woo hoo!" The bunny prided himself to the extent that his previous victory was ignored.

Tank caught a glimpse of Fluttershy and Rainbow kissing just outside the door. "Alright man. You were right. Too bad I'm just as bad with cooking as Dash!"