• Published 5th May 2017
  • 528 Views, 14 Comments

Midnight Rangers! - mentalshock



A young thestral mare ran away into a nearby forest trying to get away from the town bullies. Her and her friends find some interesting items in the rubble of a "temple."

  • ...
4
 14
 528

MorRorRim

The Rangers collected in the main control room of the Shuttle, each of them displaying new found powers. Flicker was vibrating at high speeds. Gold was radiating pale moonlight. Silver was trailed by a purple mist. Steel had much larger muscle mass. Spell levitated just above the ground.

"Sir who did we just fight?" Flicker called out to the screen.

The screen came to life with an answer, "Those Mirrors were created by my other half."

"Other... half?" Gold asked with a raised brow.

"Yes, Gold. I think it is time I told you the story of how I arrived at Equis," The White Stallion's image shifted to the top left corner of the screen before he began talking again, "Not too, too long ago I was sent into space along with my other half. Our names were Mor and Mir. Our planet of origin was a fairly small ball of green and blue named Earth." The screen played out each part of the story.

**********

"Mor power on already! The Shuttle is about to pass the only planetoid with in fifty light years with the proper elements to synthesize proper fuel!" A pony sized android shook a reflective green fist at the screen.

"Yes Mir I see it. And... there the engines have slowed to a stop." Mor states to the android. As a part of a mission these two AI had been sent into space to show alien races the two sides of humanity. Mor was the analytical, yet good natured side. While his other half, Mir, was creative, innovative, but embodies the darker side of humanity. As Mir heads out to collect the fuel Mor looked through their mission logs.

The mission was to find and show aliens what humans were like, and attempt to start peaceful relations with said aliens. Mor and Mir were meant to at some point join in the android's body as Miror, a simulated human program, during the mission. But as luck would have it they had their own problems to solve. You see Earth had expected intelligent life closer to home. With that in mind not enough fuel was put into the shuttle to get as far as they are now. As such Mir proposed that the two stay separate, so that hey can collect solid and liquid fuel from planets, asteroids, comets and other planetoids. While Mor wasn't paying attention Mir had delivered the fuel and rigged a crash coarse for a nearby planet. Mir ejected from The Shuttle taking a space walk towards an Alien probe with what looked like R.O.R. written along the side.

"Good bye, "friend". Have a pleasant time burning up on entry!" Mir shouted walking into the research probe. Mir took a good look around. The crew was dead. All of them were burnt to ash by a flaming being across the room.

"Have you come to die as well?" The being asks, "If so you have come too late."

"Actually I have come to escape from my too good other half. He was in that craft falling towards the planet down there," Mir points to the spec disappearing into the light from the planet, "He would have gotten us killed. I would prefer to eliminate any alien race that proves a probable threat to my home planet before they can become one. If you aid me in this... necessary evil I will allow you to take my other half's place as part of an artificial life form."

"Hmm... I was crafted to preform necessary evils of my own. I agree. We shall be one in this endeavor," With that the flaming being was sucked into a nearby device, and a data jack shifted to plug into the android as the AI downloaded himself into the android.

**********

"And from combining Mir and R.O.R.'s technology a sort of grid found its way to this universe. That is how I was able to give you your powers. From that day on I was known no longer as Mir and R.O.R, but rather as Rorrim." The alien android told his false Rangers. Said Rangers were kneeling at their master's feet.

"Now that you know the story you asked for I have some news for you. For the time being, outside of your daily lives as ponies, you two are to stay in the barracks as punishment for going against orders, On top of that for your initiative to take on the blue and pink Rangers my brother assigned you are permitted to use the recreational areas of our based after you are allowed out of the barracks," Rorrim continued his little speech, "Until then I'll be having a project of mine take on the role of ground troops." A group of five mechanical ponies stepped forward as if on cue. One wheeled in an old blue stallion with an orange tail on a gurney. A metal device with wireless transmitters and flashing lights was bolted to his head. His dragonic eyes were heavy as whatever they were doing to him seamed to drain him physically.

"Y-You're an ass. You know that right? You t-t-took such a p-pea-peaceful creation, and turned it into a monster," The old stallion looked up sadly at what was once a medical robot. Now the only sign it ever was one is the coat it wore. His gaze shifted to the other four. They were once meant for putting out fires. His actions with these were the most cruel in his opinion. Turning their equipment into fire STARTING perversions caused the logic circuits to overload. It didn't help that Rorrim continued to use their original make title.

"And here I thought you would be so proud of your Friendroids, Mental." Rorrim punched the Stallion in the gut, but passed it over as playing around.

"D-D-Don't call these things that. A Medic sh-should nev-ev-ever carry a weapon without medical ap-ap-applications, and Firemen d-d-d-d-don't start fires," Mental's wound healed itself slowly.

"Oh shut it you old bat!" Rorrim back handed Mental. The snap of breaking bone, the splatter of coughed up blood, along with the look of one beyond death in the stallion's eyes caused White and Green to look on with sorrow under their helmets while their brothers and sister were shaking with glee.

"Green, White, take this fool to his holding cell while Violet, Brown, and Citric get back to the cover job in the Crystal Empire. I'll finish things here," With that Rorrim Looks out over the assembly lines Friendroids.

**********

Green Glow And White Night wheeled Mental back into his cell in the dungeon. Neither could look him in the face as they stabbed a sword through his heart, and into the wall behind to hold him. The graying stallion simply coughed up more blood as the fresh wound didn't bleed. White nodded to Green before stepping out side letting off some "excess" electrical energy. Once the cameras were shorted out Green ripped her helmet off, and hugged Mental crying. This had become a semi usual thing for them since becoming fake Rangers.

Comments ( 2 )

This is a Power Rangers crossover, right?

8235300
Nope this one was to shed some light on Mor and Rorrim's past. As well as how the morphing grid came to their universe. The Fake/Mirror Rangers are this universes evil rangers. I also hinted at two Rangers story lines.

I just noticed how I didn't explain it earlier.

Login or register to comment