• Published 9th Jul 2012
  • 2,226 Views, 45 Comments

Like a Broken Record - HeartBeat



I never would have guessed that a relationship that ended so tragic, led to something that makes me feel so good to finally have close to my heart.

  • ...
1
 45
 2,226

Epilogue


I stepped out to the cool summer's afternoon, greeted by the warm smile of my beautiful wife. Vinyl lifted her shades and leaned in, pressing her lips against mine for a brief moment. We separated and looked into each other's eyes as the wind blew her mane gently over her eyes. Using my hoof, I brushed her soft mane out of the way so her beauty was fully showing. She gave me a wink as she pushed her glasses back over her eyes. I wrapped my hoof around her and pulled her to my side, so that we were both facing out to the road that had trees leaving this beautiful shading on the earth below them.

It had been almost a year after that wonderful night on Hearth's Warming Eve. I remembered how beautiful she looked in her gala dress that night. I remembered the song we danced to and how we moved in unison to it. I felt as if I were there again, standing in front of her and wishing for nothing to change that moment. I opened my eyes and I was back to reality again. Vinyl leaned her head onto my shoulder and I could feel the soothing beating of her heart.

Taking a deep breath, I looked around me to see our house that was built just outside of Ponyville not to far into the forest. Ponyville had become more of a city over the years, so we were just along the outskirts so that Vinyl could still play music for her club. I also had to start looking for a job to support us both, but I am yet to find one that suits me. Vinyl keeps me going by giving me hope to keep looking for what my calling is.

"Hey." Vinyl said, soft enough to keep a calm feeling around us.

"Hmm?" I hummed, listening to her soft, soothing voice.

"This house is a little big for just the two of us, ya know?" She said, looking up at me now.

"What do you mean?" I looked down, feeling confused.

"I'm saying its time we had a little filly or colt trotting around our house." She said now winking at me under her glasses.

"Ah." I turned my gaze back up to the sky. "I think that's a great idea."

We sat for a few more moments before I could feel Vinyl somewhat moving next to me. She seemed to be shaking with a big smile on her face, like she was about to burst.

"Well?" She said looking up at me.

"What?" I chuckled.

"Lets Go!" She said looking up at me with a smirk on her face.

"What? Now?" I said, feeling a little shocked.

"Yeah!" She stood up and grabbed my hoof.

"Wait! Can't we-"

"Nope! C'mon!" She interrupted, now dragging me on the floor.

"Aww, we can't just let this last for a while longer?" I laughed, trying to tease her as she tried to drag me to the door.

"In we go, Babe!" She said, pulling me through the door.

"Okay, fine." I pretended to sight as I shut the door behind me. "Now, C'mere!" I leaped and pinned her to the couch. Her glasses hit the floor as our lips pressed together, which began the best moment of our lives; starting a family.

Comments ( 2 )

Beautiful :raritystarry:

That...Was fucking adorable......:pinkiehappy::rainbowkiss::raritystarry::yay: No amount of emoticons can explain how awesome this was!

Login or register to comment