• Published 24th Apr 2017
  • 11,230 Views, 360 Comments

Empty Skies - SunnyDays



With gossip and slander rampant at CHS and a target put on Sunset Shimmer's back, she flees the school in search of solace. She never expected to find allies in the most unlikely of groups: CHS's soccer team, the Wondercolts.

  • ...
13
 360
 11,230

9 - Wonderdolts

Celestia slammed her hand down onto her desk. “Do not try to pin this on others, just because you have bad blood!” She was getting frustrated with the three in front of her, especially Scootaloo’s insistence that Diamond Tiara was involved. “There is nothing that points to Tiara being a part of this! Sure, I can’t disprove that she probably sent in some secrets, but at this point, at least half the school’s guilty of that!”

“I swear! She was getting dirt on the other students for us!” Scootaloo scowled, “Just look at the messages, she sent in the one about your sister!”

“I have. All of them were sent in anonymously! Anyone could’ve grabbed my sister’s records, given that they’re online.” Celestia scowled, “But the fact that you three decided to post them was entirely your own choice!” Sweetie was sobbing at this point, unable to say anything. Apple Bloom was silent as well, simply not having the will to argue when she had been the one to give them up. Scootaloo was just digging their graves even deeper by arguing like this.

“We were being blackmailed by Tiara!” Scootaloo said.

“Just give it up, Scoots.” Applebloom sighed. They had been used, pure and simple. Tiara had left no trace of being involved, and they just looked like assholes for trying to drag her down with them. At this point, Applebloom didn’t blame her.

“But…” Finally, Scootaloo hung her head. “Daaaamn it.” She groaned.

“I just don’t even know what to say to you girls.” Celestia shook her head, “I will make sure that your punishment will be handed down not just here at school, but at your homes as well.” The crusaders said nothing. “There will be a direct school board meeting that you three will have to appeal to, there they will decide what to do with you all.” Her intense frown shifted downwards further into a full blown scowl, “And you will write up an apology letter to all of your followers on MyStable using your exact names as who are behind the account before closing it down for good. Do you understand me? Vice-Principal Luna will be looking over you as you do so.” They all traded nervous, guilty glances at each other, and Celestia knew why. Luna was going to have a field day with them for what they might’ve cost her. “Your parents and guardians will be waiting to take you home. Now, get out of my office.” She scoffed finally, waving them off.

“Principal Celes-”

“-OUT!” The normally composed woman snapped, and the three scurried out without another word.

She watched them go, clenching her teeth as she did so and sinking into her chair. “Raven. I’m taking a lunch break.” She said into her phone, preparing her things to go out and clear her head. Besides, everyone was waiting for her.

She went over and knocked on Luna’s door, “Sister? Come take a lunch with me.” She smiled as it opened, and Luna’s sad smile met her.

“You’re done with the Crusaders, then?” Luna scoffed, shaking her head. “Oh, they are going to be as miserable as possible when I’m done with them.” She frowned, and Celestia could nearly see the tears welling in her eyes. “...Do you think I should just quit, sister?”

“Quit?” Celestia scoffed, “Why would I ever think that?”

“You saw the comments on that post, Tia… The students hate me.” She sighed, shaking her head, “I never really feel appreciated here.”

Celestia smiled brighter, “Actually, I don’t think they do.” She opened the door to the Teacher’s Lounge.

“SURPRISE!” Pinkie exclaimed, teachers and students alike pressed into the lounge. A giant blue ‘We love you, Vice-Principal Luna!’ banner across the table in the back with various cookies, cupcakes, and drinks across it. The students cheered and chanted as Luna came in, unsure of what to say.

“Wh-what?” Luna choked on her words, and a freshman ran up and hugged her tightly.

“Thank you, Vice-Principal Luna! You do a lot of work to make us feel safe here.” The party planning committee freshman said with a smile.

“We just wanted to make you smile.” Pinkie agreed, “Even after this stupid Anon-a-Miss thingy. It doesn’t really matter to us anyways.”

The faculty and students cheered and clapped as Luna wiped her eyes. “I-I needed this so much… Thank you. Thank all of you.”

Celestia nodded her thanks to Pinkie, who just smiled in return. Slowly, the Wondercolts would heal from this. Slowly.

---

Diamond Tiara smirked, leaning back in her chair, feeling fully self-satisfied as she watched the final Anon-a-Miss post pop up:

To all the Anon-a-Miss readers and victims,

We, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo, are so very sorry for the trouble we all caused you for these past few weeks. We were jealous of the attention Sunset Shimmer was getting from our idols and older sisters. Instead of talking to any of them about it, we decided to take it out on her, and all of you.

This was wrong, and we know that we hurt many of you. We are so sorry for this, and ask for your forgiveness.

This will be the last post of Anon-a-Miss. Please stop sending in secrets and instead be kind to those around you. Only that way can we truly heal from this.

Thank you and sorry again,

The Crusaders

“Heh. Shows them. No one spills my secrets and gets away with it.” Diamond grinned even wider as a message appeared in her inbox.

‘So, looks like Anon-a-Miss has been caught. Did you get away?’ Came Sour Sweet’s message.

‘Heh, yeah, Celestia tried to pull me into her office, but she couldn’t prove anything.’ Diamond chuckled aloud. ‘I hid the evidence of my involvement all too well~!’

‘So… Metaphorically speaking, how deep in the shitter would you be if you had been caught?’ Sour asked.

‘Pretty deep, considering the secrets I leaked. I mean, grabbing Vice-Principal Luna’s file from the online criminal records? Talk about an easy way to make Celestia pissed. Getting out of it was incredibly easy, I just had to let her see my phone. Heh. I’m a genius.’

‘Alright then, genius. How do you think everyone will feel if these get out?’

Diamond jolted up in her chair as the two screenshots popped up in their chat room, one of their first conversation when she had asked for Sour Sweet’s help, and one of her previous confession. ‘You’re fucking with me…’

‘Oh, no I’m not. And it’d be so easy to get these pictures to Celestia’s desk, unless you do exactly what I tell you.’ Sour then took it a step further, deciding just for the insult to add to that reply. ‘;)’

Diamond walked over and slammed her fist into a pillow on her bed.

‘Don’t take it personal, kiddo.’ Sour Sweet said on the other end of the message board. ‘Or do. I don’t really care. I just think having two schools under my thumb will be oh so satisfying. Wouldn’t you agree, Tiara?’

Diamond only ground her teeth as the other girl’s smug comment rubbed salt in her wound. Either way, she was in deep shit. Especially if her parents linked the secret to her mother's case files...

‘What, did you think I was going to just help without asking anything in return? That’s not how these things work. Welcome to the High School games, sweetheart. Hope you learn a thing or two.’

Tiara was nearly pulling at her hair at this point. How the hell had she been that careless, after everything she’d been through? It was official, though. Sour Sweet was next on her shitlist.

---

Sunset finished retelling her group what Celestia had told her as they watched their own phones for the account’s closing.

“...And that’s when she set up an urgent meeting with the school board. They’ll be meeting on Wednesday for the hearing, and Celestia has more than enough evidence against the Crusaders.”

“Geesh.” Fleet shook her head, “Well, nice to know our Principal isn’t an idiot.”

“I think the thing with Luna sent her overboard.” Sunset said with a shrug, wiping down the counters of the shop, “Who knows?”

“All I know is that I’m still a bit angry about the whole ‘whore’ thing. I’d be frothing at the mouth if they tried going after Charger, too, after what they did to us.” Misty agreed.

“Well, I'm sure that they'll be feeling left out of quite a few things for a while," Soarin said casually, "And I don't feel sorry for them in the slightest."

“What happened to forgiveness, Soarin?” Sunset asked, a sly smirk on her face.

“Oh, that.” Soarin nodded, “I’d forgive them if it were me, but… They targeted Shadey.” He stressed, brows furrowing, “It’s a whole different animal when you go after my sister.” He huffed. “After all the trouble they've caused? They'd better not set a foot in this shop again."

“Right.” Sunset chuckled. “Well, uh, good luck with that. I’m just happy it’s all over with.”

The group nodded in agreement and continued to lay back and enjoy their afternoon. Spring was on the horizon, as was a major sporting event between two certain schools, and the Wondercolts were just enjoying each other’s company.

“So, Sunset, how’s the new jacket treating you?” Surprise smiled at her.

“It’s been great. Thanks, Surprise. I, uh, I guess I should give you yours back, huh?”

Surprise laughed, “Yeah, that’d be great.”

“Alright, I’ll get it to you later.” Sunset nodded.

“You gonna drown it in hand sanitizer before you wear it again?” Misty asked Surprise from the couch.

“Uh, no!” Surprise responded, almost offended, “The dry cleaners will do just fine!”

Misty and Sunset chuckled to each other, and Surprise rolled her eyes with a grin.

Then, Misty sat up with a frown, “Trouble coming.” She said suddenly, looking directly at Sunset.

“Huh?” Sunset looked over to the front door and sighed loudly as the group of five with a certain three entered the shop. Dash was narrowing her eyes at the orange freshman that she was nearly dragging inside. “Ohh boy.” Sunset agreed. “Hey, uh, girls.” She said awkwardly.

OUT.” Soarin’s voice cut through the pause. Sunset looked over. Soarin was shaking, gripping the counter until his knuckles paled. “Get those three out of my shop!” He snapped. Even Rainbow couldn’t help but flinch a little.

“But, Soarin, we-” Scootaloo spoke up, immediately biting her lip as she was cut off.

“-I don’t care!” Soarin said firmly, using his large frame to stand menacingly over behind the counter, “Nothing you girls could say could ever take back what you did to my sister!”

“B-But we didn’t-” Scootaloo attempted to stutter out a response.

“-Soarin.” Sunset cut in, “I need to have a few words with them anyways. Can they stay just for that?”

Soarin paused, looking over at Sunset’s stern expression, and backed down. He folded his arms, sneering at the aggressors that had spilled his sister’s secret. “Alright. Fine. But after that, you three are banned from this shop. For good. Got it?” He growled.

“Ye-yes sir.” Applebloom swallowed hard.

“Now, you three were saying?” Sunset asked them.

Sweetie Belle sighed, “Thanks, Sunset, we-”

“Oh,” Sunset scoffed haughtily, “You shouldn’t be thanking me.” Nearly everyone in the room knew that tone in her voice, but Sunset didn’t care. Bitchy Shimmer would never leave, and she didn’t think she wanted it to. “Seriously, you girls better come up with something good to tell your sisters and I as for why you starting this shit.” Rarity and Applejack stared at their sisters expectantly.

Applebloom’s mouth pressed into a thin line. “Well… We, ah…”

“We were jealous about how much extra time our sisters were spending with you, Sunset.” Scootaloo said with a sigh, “So we set up the account to split you all up. That’s what it was. Then Diamond Tiara came in and blackmailed us to keep posting worse and worse secrets like Vice-Principal Luna’s. We’re really sorry, Sunset. Really.”

THAT’S IT?!” Applejack exploded, pointing her rage at her little sister. “That’s yur reason for turnin on yur own family, Applebloom?!” Applebloom shrunk away. “What in hell’s bells happened ta talkin’ to me?! Then ya go and try to lie to Celestia like that in fronta me and Granny! Ah can’t believe you!” She snapped.

“H-hey! Sweetie Belle’s the one who stole Sunset’s phone!” Applebloom backed away quickly, nearly tripping on her own two feet.

“What?!” Sweetie’s pupils shrunk.

“Tha-huh-wha-SWEETIE!” Now, it was Rarity’s turn to fume. “YOU’RE the one who posted those pictures?!”

“Um, yes.” Sweetie admitted, pressing her index fingers together.

“Ooooh!” Rarity’s face lit aflame, “THAT’S IT! After this, you have packing to do!”

“P-Packing?” Sweetie asked, eyes wide, “You’re kicking me out of the Boutique?!”

“That’s right!” Rarity crossed her arms. “If you cannot respect me, or be mature enough to respect my friends, you can just go back and live with mother and father!”

“Th-that’s not fair!” Applebloom jumped in for Sweetie, who was rendered speechless.

“Don’t get involved!” Applejack snapped, “And yur lucky I don’t break that damn phone ah yurs, Applebloom!”

The three continued to yell and fight, meanwhile, Scootaloo looked up at the stern-faced Dash. She did nothing but stare back down in silence. Scootaloo bit her lip, wringing her hands.

She looked over to Sunset, “W-We’re still so sorry…”

“Alright. That’s enough.” Sunset spoke, and the fighting slowly quieted down amongst the group. “No.” She looked over at Scootaloo, “You’re not sorry. You’re sorry that you got caught. I know you wouldn’t have outed yourselves to save my reputation on your own, would you?” The three said nothing, and finally, Sweetie broke down into sobs again. “You would’ve let me suffer until this quietly faded away eventually, which probably would’ve been after your sisters and I graduated.” Her eyes glanced at the elder 5, “And you all fell for it hard. Hook, line, and sinker.”

Dash crossed her arms, smirking smugly at AJ, who took her Stetson off of her head before hanging it. Even Fluttershy and Pinkie, who had moved away from the drama to stand next to Misty and Surprise, looked to the floor.

Sunset continued, “You fell for it too, Dash, stop looking so smug.” She paused, looking around the room, “Can I just say how awful it is that almost everyone in this room immediately thought this whole incident was me from the start?” Misty’s eyes widened at the sudden callout. “But unlike everyone else, Misty was able to put that aside for me. She helped me when no one else would. Something you five clearly couldn’t do. It was easy to pin it all on me. It was easy to have a punching bag for your problems, and you all took the chance with ease.” Sunset sighed again, “And you know what? I’m done. I’m done being angry at you all.” She glanced at the 5 specifically. “So, you girls want to be my friend again? Speak now, and beg like you mean it. I’m done holding it over your heads like you held the Formal over mine.”

AJ was the first to step up, “Ah was wrong, Sunset. Ah was blinded by the idea of mah family turnin’ on me, so ah pushed it onta ya. An’ ah shouldn’ta. Ah’m sorry.”

“Me too, darling. I honestly enjoyed the drama until it came to my secret, but I should have seen through it before it escalated.” Rarity said, “I’m so sorry, Sunset.”

“I should’ve listened to my cuz from the start.” Pinkie admitted, “I thought because everyone else was blaming you, I should have too. And that wasn’t fair to do to you.”

Fluttershy wiped her eyes, “I-I should’ve spoke up when I did realize it.” She sniffed, “But I was so afraid of speaking out that I… I…” She cried into her arms, Rarity holding her for support.

“Yeah.” Dash sighed, slumping over, “I said some pretty shitty things to you, and I should’ve thought things through too. You’ve heard all this before.” Dash said.

Sunset just shook her head, “Fine, then. Don’t expect everything to just be okay again. You girls hurt me, and it hasn’t healed completely. But… I want to try to get back there, eventually.” She admitted, “I want to give you girls a chance to make it up to me. It’s just going to take a while.”

“We… understand.” Rarity said hesitantly.

“Good, because it starts at lunch on Monday,” Sunset replied.

“Really?!” Pinkie asked, grinning.

“Don’t get too excited; we’ll see how Monday goes and work from there,” Sunset said.

“Thanks for the chance, Sunset.” Dash put a firm grip on Scootaloo’s shoulder, “But for now… I promised to get this one home.”

“Mmm, yes, Sweetie has packing to do,” Rarity repeated, pushing her sister out.

“And ah’m sure Granny has a few words for ya, Applebloom.” AJ frowned. “Ah’ll take Scootaloo home, Dash, you can hang here.”

“Thanks, AJ.” Dash left Scootaloo’s side, walking over to smile weakly at Sunset before sitting down on one of the couches.

With that, the sibling groups showed themselves to the door, leaving Dash, Pinkie, and Fluttershy with Sunset.

“Finally, good to have that out of my system.” Sunset shook her head as she watched an order pop into the message box of Soarin’s email. “Oh, hold on, I have to write this down really quick.”

“I’ll get it.” Soarin said, scooting over from where he was at the counter, releasing his iron grip, “No worries, Phoenix.”

“...Phoenix?” Sunset asked, giving Soarin a strange look.

“Yeah, Spitfire helped me choose your new nickname.” Soarin nodded, “And you’re stuck with it now, hope you like it~!” He teased in his usual sing-song voice, “Cause it’s gonna be there forever, right Crash?”

“Shut it, Clipper,” Dash responded with a snort.

“See?” Soarin laughed, “I think this is gonna start a-”

That was when the group heard a loud whooping sound from above them.

“YES! I FOUND IT! THE STASH!”

“...Fleet?” Surprise blinked.

There was rattling that followed.

“WHAT THE- WHO PUTS A DEADLOCK ON A FRIDGE ON A ROOF?!” Fleet exclaimed, and the rattling only got louder.

That was when the room erupted into laughter.

“SOOOOAAAARIN!”

Author's Note:

EDIT: (9/18) I said I'd redo it, and here it is! Hopefully everyone will find this to be a more satisfying conclusion.
Surprise!
Oh my God... It's actually done! I cannot believe it. Really.
Sorry for it being my shortest chapter of all, but there wasn't too much left to say for Sunset and the Wondercolts here. I hope this last chapter does its job: wrapping (almost) everything up in a nice red bow for everyone despite being a little bit shorter.

Comments ( 80 )

8380319
Actually... It was just a little early~

8380330 Good to see that I'm not the only one.
And you have some very valid points there.
Just have to wait and see what happens in the next few chapters.

I was just hoping for a scene...

Applejack: Rainbow Dash...

Rainbow Dash: I don't want to say I told you so, but I told you so.

Applejack: I get it. I fucked up.

Rainbow Dash: Well, you're going to have to make it up to Sunset. You and Rarity. I wonder what she'll have you do for her.

8380371
Trust me, it was an implied scene.

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO....................You just can't END it here, Diamond and Sour need to be found out also, they need to be punished for this, after all THEY were in on this too so they MUST be punished, for both of them they need to be beaten a bit, heck Diamond needs to be spanked quite a LOT by both her parents and as for Sour her parents should not only smack her around they should DISOWN her then. Please don't end the story like this, it just can't END like this at all, unless you are planning on making a Sequel then that's okay.

8380384
I actually agree with Dusk. I want to see a Diamond Tiara and Sour Sweet asd kicking!

8380439
8380384
Well... A sequel maaay just be in the works for a certain springtime school event.

8380441
So what? DT and SS cheat the Friendship games then are found out they were part of Anon a miss?

8380452

That would be great for a sequel, also Speedy you might want to check your last post, I don't think there is a spell checker on the site so you might not have noticed the mistake you made in the last post you made to reply to one of my posts.

Loved the ending
Sunset shall ever be tied to a phoinxe:pinkiehappy:

Torn. On one hand I would have liked to see Tiara get all that she deserved. On the other I have to imagine this would actually bother her more.

DT got what she deserved!

Also, love Sunset's nickname!

This was a good ending, I really liked how Diamond Tiara got away with it officially but then ended up in Sour Sweet's pocket. And I really like that Sour Sweet got away with it, too, that was interesting characterisation for her but I think it worked here. Wouldn't want her getting caught.

Can't say I'm in any way a legal expert, but a lawsuit seems risky - truth is the ultimate defence of libel. Outside of where official privileges have been breached (like doctor/patient confidentiality), I think the secrets being generally true means suing for damages could only go so far. Because the real damage was already done when the people involved did whatever was involved in the secrets in question.

By the way, I didn't get a notification about this chapter - I think it might be because you uploaded new chapters twice within 24 hours?

While i like the ending not happy Sunset forgave them like that, yes understand she still not happy with them.
But since it was bloom and Sweetie Bell, and how they treated her. I woudl think Sunset would not hang out with Apple and Rarity for a bit longer.

will you write a side story on the CNc and the aftermath for them? Love to read how thier families the parents and Granny Smith reacted to all this.

Oh forgot to add this. even if Diamond was revealed doesn;t matter, The CMC didn't have to put that bit on Luna on the site.
They could confessed then before the damage was too great, at least things would been on thier terms, but nope!
Oh will the students who sent info to the site be punished as well, sicne they just added to the mess?

How come Scootaloo's parents are the only ones getting sued and not the other two as well?

8381288
Whoops! They all are, but because Scootaloo's parents are the wealthiest of the three, if anything happens, they'll be paying the brunt of it.

8381296 ok

I wonder if the cmc are to get expelled from school as well.

8381332 True that's what happen in canon story. But this fic here is a different story.

8381339
I will, but it won't be for some time. It'll be my fourth story at the least.

8381113
They definitely have some crimes going on, though the only ones that really have a really high chance of winning would be the principals and Sunset. None of the secrets were released with intent to harm anyone but Sunset, were true, and only the principals have positions to sue for doxxing. I'm not sure how an emotional damage lawsuit would go, they may get off on technicality. Sunset on the other hand, identity theft, fraud, intended massive harassment, slander, damages, invasion of privacy (the theft of the photos), and probably a lot more. And since she'd been homeless up until she got the place at Clippers, she could use the money, but I'm not sure if she has the legal status to safely sue.

okay i can see the resolution with rainbow as she stopped being an idiot, but having lunch with them the next day? thats not 'sorry doesn't really fix it' thats still 'oh my bad' with the 'oh it's okay' response, you couldn't have sunset withdraw from them for at least a week? i mean good story but that was kinda weak.

8381339
Maybe but if they try to justify their actions if Diamond is revealed as thier blackmailler, won;t work.
Still the same answer, they didn't have to put it on the forum, they should fessed up first.

8381414
She spent the entire Winter Break away from all of them except for Dash, who she saw on Hearthwarming's Eve. She had time to think. Besides, the lunch thing isn't "Oh! I'm going to have lunch with you every day again!", it's more of a "We'll see what happens tomorrow".

What a fun ride, good job :twilightsmile:

8381367 I'm not the best person for arguing about this, that's for sure, since I haven't read the original comic. And I'd have to reread this story to get all the details. But the list of actual crimes committed looks pretty short to me? That's not to say publishing it isn't immoral, in most cases, but I'm not sure it's illegal.

Probably key to it all is that the information isn't being used to blackmail, or even to threaten; it's just being published to ruin a reputation. But if the information is true, then that reputation is built on falsehoods to begin with, so I'm not sure slander would stand up as a charge. Doxxing is private information being made public, so it would depend with Luna on whether Celestia paying her bail was covered by confidentiality, or was publicly accessible. Unless Sour Sweet hacked into the court records (which is a far, far more serious offence), then I'm guessing the information was publicly available if you know where to look. Which I think under current laws means it wouldn't be illegal? Sour Sweet could even run with a public interest defence (as a journalist might), depending on what exactly Luna did, arguing that someone irresponsible enough to do what she did (say, if she was drunk at the time) isn't suitable to be employed as a role model for children.

Identity theft/fraud/harassment with Sunset comes down to how closely she was actually identified by the website - again, I'd have to read the comic to be sure, but going on what Celestia says on the penultimate chapter here, an icon with Sunset's rough outline (which means what, her hair shape in silhouette?) and page colours that match her hair are very, very flimsy grounds on which to charge identity theft. If she's not even mentioned by name, that seems a massive leap. That said, cutie marks are an Equestrian feature that we don't really have a real-world equivalent for, and the way they carry over into the EG world, appearing on clothing and so on, may well grant them special legal status that just doesn't exist here. If that's the case, then possibly.

8381937
I definitely know next to nothing about this, just picking up pieces here and there from controversies.

Yeah, Soarin's case pretty much hinges on riding off of Cinch (whose secret I can't remember) and Luna. Luna's case wasn't publicly known (at least at the time of hiring), Diamond got the information from her mom's files (who was involved in the case). It doesn't seem like anyone else is suing, so they have a federal offense at least with Luna. From there it gets infinitely more annoying as each city, county, and state has its own cyber bullying laws. Plus, if things get muddled enough, if they posted a picture of someone over 18 and under 18 doing anything more than light kissing, they could potentially be charged with revenge porn and child pornography. The convenience of the different laws is that Canterlot could have laws that make what the CMC did illegal without contradicting higher laws.

Sunset's case would be a lot easier as the intent and results were there. They wanted to frame Sunset and cause a ton of damage to her, they succeeded. While the frame job does look piss poor to us, I'm pretty sure they can be hit for identity theft in most places due to how everything played out. It also doesn't help that they often targeted people close to her as well. Honestly though, I do think Sunset should just go for an out of court settlement (others are suing after all, while she took the most direct damage), so she could at least have some money to fall back on and they really owe her after all the crap they pulled.

8381610
Yeah I udnerstand that, just sould pointed out if if Diamond part is revealed, can see the crusaders try to pin it all on Diamond to make not thier fault fully.
But if i recall, The CMC were planning to delete the account as they managed to separte Sunset from thier sisters at the time right?
So they never planned to confess or felt bad enough to confess, they obviously didn;t care what happen to Sunset, hope that revealed as well.

Grrrrrrr they are not getting punished enough, hope the parents decided to split them up permeantly as a punishment as well.

For some reason tje new chapter did not show up in my feed.

8383154
A lot of people seem to be running into this problem. Let me see if re-publishing it will help any.

These last two chapters seem a bit rushed. The fic up till the last two chapters seemed to be mostly buildup, Sunset gets a new home, gathered new allies and is ready to take the fight to anon-a-miss... and then suddenly there was the climax and aftermath in a swift one-two, with only minimal input on Sunset's end. I'd thought we'd have at least a few more chapters of Sunset fighting rumour with facts, her new friends and new life a lifeline as she tries to prove her innocence before the truth finally hits home. Now it kind of feels as if Celestia stole the climax.

Still, I enjoyed the ride even with the hasty finish.

8384279
I'll be honest, I do agree with you. I feel like in my attempt to plan out this ending and keep track of everything that needed to fall into place just right, I lost sight of a bit of the spark I felt when I first started writing Empty Skies. The plan was always to pass off the final judgment to Celestia, as only she can pass on the proper punishment, but I could have utilized more characters in the process.

With that in mind, I'm not entirely against going back at a later point with a fresh point of view and rewriting these chapters after the fact (Which I'll put up a blog about if I do so, knowing me). And, with that knowledge, finally get into the actual magical action that'll fall into these new allies' lap in the sequel. For now, though, it'll just be a case of learning from this for the sake of my newer stories.

Though I'm glad you enjoyed it nonetheless. ^^

Question will Soaring sister be safe now from thier abusive dad?Also did ghe take a bat and given intot he dark side on him?

8410302
Soarin and Nightshade's parents have passed. Soarin is Nightshade's legal guardian. So, no worries, she's safe!

8410352
Cool can't wait for the sequeal!

Edits look nice! Definitely more satisfying a conclusion than before.

8434979
Thank you, and thanks for all the help! ^^

Now looking over this chapter again I think Sweetie Belle might try to pull a suicide attempt. She looks like she got the most of the emotional hurt.

Liked the rewrite. Some slight frustration with the crusaders not doing a better job arguing their case against Tiara, but then it's not like any of them are on the debate team.

8384741
Do you know what the sequel name there are a lot of stories based on this anon a miss thing.

8459760
It hasn't been written yet, but I'll make an announcement when I start it!

“Tha-huh-wha-SWEETIE!” Now, it was Rarity’s turn to fume. “YOU’RE the one who posted those pictures?!”

“Um, yes.” Sweetie admitted, pressing her index fingers together.

“Ooooh!” Rarity’s face lit aflame, “THAT’S IT! After this, you have packing to do!”

“P-Packing?” Sweetie asked, eyes wide, “You’re kicking me out of the Boutique?!”

“That’s right!” Rarity crossed her arms. “If you cannot respect me, or be mature enough to respect my friends, you can just go back and live with mother and father!”

Oh no! Rarity ending her relationship with Sweetie Belle? Well, for me, this has got to be the WORST. POSSIBLE. THING!

I think I should be a gentleman and let Spike do the honors for me:

The new version is prett good, and Yeah Sunset pointed out a major ttruth, they are sorry they got caught, they never planned to reveal the truth at all, but to let her rot in misery and loiness.
Plus Apple Bloomd being a coward outted sweetie, and now she lost her sister trust and respect big time.
Great ending for the story and love it, hope thier a sequel.

Comment posted by Sylveon_Girl deleted Oct 29th, 2017

I have to admit: Diamond Tiara’s plan had worked perfectly, other then that Sour Sweet snag.

-If the CMC had gotten away with it, they would had had their sisters to themselves and Sunset would had been a hated outcast, just like they planned. All Diamond Tiara would had gotten is the sasfication of getting other people’s secrets posted.

-If the CMC were caught, they could had blamed her. And while it didn’t happen in the story, everyone could had believed them. Thus Diamond would had been punished as well. Hell, they could had blamed her for them making Anon-A-Miss in the first place, them posting their sisters secrets, and get away scot free without any punishment.

(Sure it sounds stupid but let’s face it: The majority of the school aren’t the brightest bulbs in the tree. I mean, the Rainbooms were tricked into turning on each other quiete a few times. And they never bothered checking if they really did those things: Just cut the so called friend that wounded their precious pride out of their lives and move on.)

Either way, The CMC actually benefited more from the black mail then Diamond Tiara herself. They were already digging their grave. All she did was offer a bigger shovel, and they took it.

Login or register to comment