• Published 22nd Apr 2017
  • 3,555 Views, 42 Comments

The Sun and the Shy: Shadows Rising - Knight Light



After failing at trying to patch things up and to avoid any more fighting, Sunset and Fluttershy transfer to Crystal Prep to start over. Are they ready for what they will find there?

  • ...
2
 42
 3,555

Sunday

After spending the last hour on the internet, mostly on the school’s forum and websites seeing only good comments about how wonderful the school was, Sunset found what she was looking for. It was painfully obvious that the comments were heavily moderated since all post had to be approved and nothing negative about the school. There was no way that there were zero negative comments no matter how highly rated it was. Nothing, no matter what it was, had a one hundred percent approval rating.

Finally she found what she was looking for, several forums and message boards that was unfiltered since they were privately ran instead of through the school. Nobody dared post their real name or anything, most using initials that she doubted were real. It was a wealth of knowledge offering a real look into the way the school operated and the feelings of the students and parents giving Sunset a real idea of what to expect from the school making her start to question if transferring to Crystal Prep was the right thing to do.

It was no wonder the school’s rating was actually dropping, barely keeping its lead over their
closest rival. To Sunset it was easy to see why the negative comments seemed to triple in the last three months on those private forums as Principal Cinch must have been panicking over losing the number one spot. It didn’t explain the earlier comments, but at least it explained away some things.

Reading the comments where the sports teams captains folded under the pressure and quit was disheartening knowing that to make captain you either needed to have a deep love for the sport and worked hard for it or know someone who gave you the spot. The latter option never lasted long, and there could only be so many. With the number of current students quitting, being replaced so many times only to quit again. Something had to be done soon, or Crystal Prep would drop to second rate.

Grabbing her phone she walked out of her room and out to the patio where she found Fluttershy swimming laps in the pool again. She couldn’t help admiring the girl’s curves, she was the most beautiful girl had ever laid eyes on and that bikini hid very little. Even still, she swam like a fish which had surprised Sunset the first time she saw it. She would have thought there would have been too much drag from the type of body Fluttershy possessed, and yet she was swimming better than most of the girls she had seen before.

“Hey Shy, having fun?” Sunset asked as the girl noticed her and swam up to the edge. Sunset found it hard not to watch the beads of water tracing the curves of Fluttershy’s chest as she heaved for breath. It took a lot of willpower to tear her eyes from the view much to Fluttershy’s amusement who giggled.

“You know I don’t mind if you look,” Fluttershy teased.

“Shy, I came up with a plan for Crystal Prep, but I need your help,” Sunset said, earning a worried look from Fluttershy. “Don’t worry, it’s nothing bad. I want to change things at Crystal Prep so we don’t have any problems, but I need your support.”

“Of course I’ll support you Sunny!” Fluttershy said, conviction in her voice though a little nervousness in her eyes.

“Good, I had Chrysalis text me Sparkle’s address earlier,” Sunset grinned, continuing as she already anticipated Fluttershy’s question. “She texted me last night after hearing from her daughter, Vice Principal Cadence. Excuse me, Dean Cadence. She let it slip that Cadence is engaged to Twilight’s older brother.”

“So she probably knows Twilight’s family pretty good,” Fluttershy said, looking a little worried seeing the tic appear above Sunset’s eye.

“Yeah, it would seem so. I have to remember to get her back for not telling me sooner,” Sunset shook her head banishing any thoughts of revenge for now. She had to admit if Chrysalis had told her before, things would probably not have ended well for Twilight. Sunset wouldn’t have killed her, but she would have made those three bullies from yesterday seem like saints compared to her.

“So we are just going to show up out of the blue, just like that?” Fluttershy questioned as she climbed all the way out of the pool and began drying off. Sunset couldn’t stop herself from watching as the movement caused even more motions to draw her gaze. She didn’t like feeling like a pervert, but she couldn’t help herself.

“Why not? Besides, I think we should take my favorite bike out since I’ve been neglecting it.” Sunset said, trying to hide the blush at the thought of Fluttershy holding tightly to her.

“I guess, just give me some time to get ready,” Fluttershy said heading toward the door.

“Thanks rabbit,” Sunset said taking the tissue Angel offered to wipe the drool from her mouth.

Two hours later found Sunset pulling into the driveway of a really nice house before cutting the engine to her bike reluctantly as Fluttershy stumbled off the bike much to Sunset’s dismay. She had really enjoyed the fifteen minute ride with Fluttershy hugging her close. Especially since she doubted Fluttershy would ever ride on it with her again from all the screaming being done.

“Are you sure you have a license for that thing?” Fluttershy panted as she stumbled slightly, putting the helmet on the bike with Sunset doing the same. It was plain that she was having a little trouble regaining her equilibrium after the admittedly faster than the speed limit. A lot faster.

“Of course I do!” Sunset exclaimed, pulling out said license from the inside of her leather jacket and showing Fluttershy.

“Okay, but I’m still not riding that thing again after today. Really Sunny, you cut off that cop and didn’t even slow down. I’m surprised all he did was yell at us to slow down,” sighed Fluttershy, shaking her head in equal amounts of disbelief and annoyance. “If you want to feel them, just do it, you don’t have to come up with an excuse.”

“That wasn’t what I was doing!” cried Sunset in embarrassment, face turning red. Feeling Fluttershy holding on so tight was a nice bonus, but Sunset really did want to introduce Fluttershy to the bike. It felt so good feeling the wind whip against her and wanted to share it with the girl she cared for.

“Suuuuure it isn’t,” Fluttershy grinned teasingly, “Anyways, let’s see if Twilight is here.”

“Yeah, let’s do that,” Sunset agreed as she managed to get her embarrassment under some control before the two made their way to the front door. For once it was Sunset acting nervous as a part of her still held some resentment for Twilight Sparkle the unicorn, having to remind herself that this isn’t the same being and she actually had fun with the girl so far. Who knew, maybe Sunset was starting to become an expert on making friends.

In your dreams Sunset snorted derisively at herself before ringing the doorbell. It only took maybe a minute tops for an older woman to answer, giving the pair a stern look.

“May I help you young ladies?” The woman asked, her voice stiff as she scrutinized the two.

“Yes, is Twilight home?” Sunset asked, noticing Fluttershy shrinking in on herself some. It would be a little funny how different Fluttershy was out in public compared to how she was at home if Sunset didn’t know of the abuse that pretty much made her that way.

“And you are?” The woman asked, her eyes narrowing. Did she really think the two were a threat or something?

“My name is Sunset Shimmer, and this is Fluttershy,” said Sunset in introduction, “We met Twilight yesterday and was hoping she might want to hang out some.”

“Oh, I’m sorry. My name is Twilight Velvet, my daughter told me all about you. To be honest, I was a little worried that you might have been just playing with her feelings,” Twilight Velvet said, studying the two. Whatever she saw in the pair made her relax more, moving out of the way inviting the two inside. “If you want, you can wait in here at the couch and I’ll go get Twilight.”

“She thought we were playing with Twilight’s feelings?” Fluttershy asked softly.

“Probably, yeah. I mean, from what little we know about Crystal Prep so far it is a breeding ground for bullies. And Sparkle is a prime target for them,” explained Sunset who sat on the couch and patted the place next to her which Fluttershy eagerly took.

“Know this from experience?” Fluttershy asked, legitimately curious without any hint of reproach.

“Sadly, yeah, but I’m getting over my old ways thanks to a certain someone,” said Sunset while she patted Fluttershy’s knee. “If this works out, we just may make Crystal Prep a better place.”

“How?” Fluttershy asked.

“I’ll explain it as soon as Twilight is here.” Sunset grinned, “She will be a very big part of my plans. And so will you if you will give me your support.”

“Always,” Fluttershy said with conviction, ready to do anything she could for her her love and her new friend.

Author's Note:

Thanks go out to Javarod for fixing a lot of mistakes in this chapter.

As for the chapter itself, sorry if it seems a little short. I was planning on doing a scene where they go over the plan, but since Sunset will be going over the plan carrying it out next chapter, I thought it would just be repeating the same stuff twice. So I decided to wait until then to reveal it so it isn't rehashing the same stuff two chapters in a row.

Comments ( 13 )

So, I noticed you mentioned Adagio and her sisters in the last chapter. How will Sunset react to the sirens and their magic?

Sunset can't hold back forever. The day shall come when Fluttershy's curves break her -until now- iron will. :trollestia:

Good work , realy enjoying this story

Small error on the last line

“Always,” Fluttershy said with conviction, ready to do anything she could for her her love and her new friend

Double "her"

Alright guys, how do you think Equestria will ruin Sunset's plans for Crystal Prep?

This is getting good

Okay. Is this after Canterlot Blues? Or is this first, and that other fic second?

8384247
Neither it' a alternate sequel to the sun and the shy

When's the next update?

8444754
I was wondering the same thing.

What are plans for updates? Because this story is my favorite, and I want to read more. Can you update plz , plox, and por favor.

Any chance this will continue?

Login or register to comment